Article : France braced for hostile reception in Serbia [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Article : France braced for hostile reception in Serbia

Action Jackson
10-28-2010, 10:19 AM
http://supersport.com/tennis/davis-cup/news/101027/France_braced_for_hostile_reception_in_Serbia

France braced for hostile reception in Serbia

France can expect a hostile reception from Serbian fans at the Davis Cup final in December, captain Guy Forget said on Wednesday.

France, who played their other ties this year at home, will travel to Belgrade for the December 3-5 clash.

"It will be hostile, there could be bad surprises," Forget told reporters at the Open Sud in Montpellier, southern France.

"We have already seen in various sporting events involving Serbian fans that with a dozen idiots things could turn nasty.

"None of my players have experienced nasty atmosphere. We have to get ready for a trip to hell."

Violent Serbia fans forced their national soccer team's Euro 2012 qualifier in Italy to be abandoned this month, two days after angry protesters clashed with police during a gay parade in Belgrade.

Forget asked the French fans not to provoke their Serbian counterparts.

"I hope they will be discreet because the goal is not to annoy 18 000 Serbs because we know how patriotic they are," he said. "I know we will face a hostile, even maybe hateful crowd."

yuri27
10-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Whereever this final will be played,there is very little chance for France to upset Serbia.
Both Djokovic and Troicki are better than any of the french players.

acionescu
Oh, the irony....:o

Silver.
That's slightly worrying. I will be supporting France, but the Serbians have the advantage being at home.

Deivid23
10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
They don´t need an hostile environment to choke anyway

yuri27
10-28-2010, 10:45 AM

Even if they don't choke,Djokovic and Troicki are the better players anyway so that doesn't matter.

acionescu
10-28-2010, 10:46 AM

But they'll have a good excuse :yeah:

moon language
10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
So diplomatic Guy!

philosophicalarf
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I wonder if Bennytoe might be fit, they maybe have a shot with that doubles team. Monfils could win both singles at least.

Pirao666
10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
What are they playing on? Clay? Hard Courts?

Blackbriar
10-28-2010, 11:13 AM

:yeah: Monfils/Tsonga, the losing combination, Forget is so stupid he can't figure how to justify the defeat. Lucky there is the DC for second-class players who can't win big tournaments.

rocketassist
10-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I hope the Serbs lose, but there's nothing wrong with making it like a football style mini 'Hell'. It's atmospheres like that which make Davis Cup what it is. Compare it to Wimbledon and its strawberries and Pimms. :lol:

paseo
10-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Whereever this final will be played,there is very little chance for France to upset Serbia.

On HC, Tsonga has a very good chance of beating Djokovic. And "The best pure athlete the game has ever seen" will beat Troicki.

Deivid23
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Monfils could win both singles at least.

Monfils beating Djokovic at Belgrade sounds unlikely to say the least

aloniv
10-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Simon has a good h2h against Troicki (4-0 without dropping a set including one bagel).

malisha
10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Serbians are extremely nationalistic, even more so than the French.

true and thats perfectly normal
the smaller country is bigger nationalistc they are as it sholud be

malisha
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
there's nothing wrong with making it like a football style mini 'Hell'. It's atmospheres like that which make Davis Cup what it is. Compare it to Wimbledon and its strawberries and Pimms. :lol:
agreed

Simon has a good h2h against Troicki (4-0 without dropping a set including one bagel).

Troicki wont win a live rubber anyway
Serbia needs pumped up Janko for this one again

«Ivan»
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
http://supersport.com/tennis/davis-cup/news/101027/France_braced_for_hostile_reception_in_Serbia

France braced for hostile reception in Serbia

France can expect a hostile reception from Serbian fans at the Davis Cup final in December, captain Guy Forget said on Wednesday.

France, who played their other ties this year at home, will travel to Belgrade for the December 3-5 clash.

"It will be hostile, there could be bad surprises," Forget told reporters at the Open Sud in Montpellier, southern France.

"We have already seen in various sporting events involving Serbian fans that with a dozen idiots things could turn nasty.

"None of my players have experienced nasty atmosphere. We have to get ready for a trip to hell."

Violent Serbia fans forced their national soccer team's Euro 2012 qualifier in Italy to be abandoned this month, two days after angry protesters clashed with police during a gay parade in Belgrade.

Forget asked the French fans not to provoke their Serbian counterparts.

"I hope they will be discreet because the goal is not to annoy 18 000 Serbs because we know how patriotic they are," he said. "I know we will face a hostile, even maybe hateful crowd."

this is tennis,not footbal you hater.at dc matches 'n belgrade open always been great atmosphere.our OP wishes...<spit>

let's ask americans for example.they spent an amazing time in belgrade.

guy forget 'n his old issues with serbs,aj hitler as well.
lame,exuses in advance.

but wo knows,serbs are well known as canibals.

dc final...such a shame,atmosphere would never be like in argentina.

«Ivan»
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
However, no nationality in the world is as bad as the Serbians.

Bullsh!t

have you ever been in serbia?what do you know exept from your lame propaganda?

i'll report this post because it's huge generalisation.

i wish serbs are nationalists just like scots

but i'll eat you if i ever see you.be afraid,be very afraid.
'n please,don't like nole,doesn't suits you.

«Ivan»
10-28-2010, 11:56 AM
That's very xenophobic against Serbs, don't you think? Did you live there? Do you know many Serbs personally? Or your oppinion is based on MTF Noletrolls, sensationalistic media reportages or even worse, on what Fed thinks? :p

:hug: to my ex neighbor!

«Ivan»
10-28-2010, 11:58 AM
What are they playing on? Clay? Hard Courts?

hard courts.

yuri27
10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
On HC, Tsonga has a very good chance of beating Djokovic. And "The best pure athlete the game has ever seen" will beat Troicki.

Almost all of Djokovic's past losses against Tsonga were due to him playing at 20% of what he is capable.
On normal form,Djokovic should destroy Tsonga,be it on hardcourt or clay.

yuri27
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM

Newsflash,Troicky has considerably improved since his last match against Simon as proved by his recent win in Moscow and his very good matches against Djokovic and Nadal recently.

Action Jackson
10-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Newsflash,Troicky has considerably improved since his last match against Simon as proved by his recent win in Moscow and his very good matches against Djokovic and Nadal recently.

Give it up Richie

philosophicalarf
10-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Monfils beating Djokovic at Belgrade sounds unlikely to say the least

Yes, you're right, pre-coffee comment :-) In my strange frazzled state I meant to say France could win both singles against Tips and/or Troicki.

Djoko will surely win both singles if fit, so French need the doubles - losing Benneteau is quite big I guess, he had a really nice partnership going with Llodra (Nieminen said in Toronto it was one of the best doubles performances he'd ever witnessed).

ps the surface is Rukort, balls are Head, same as the Zagreb tournament (midspeed indoors, wonky irregular bounces).

simplet
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
:yeah: Monfils/Tsonga, the losing combination, Forget is so stupid he can't figure how to justify the defeat. Lucky there is the DC for second-class players who can't win big tournaments.

Fucking hell, we have TWO richie21s now? God have mercy on us all

malisha
10-28-2010, 12:24 PM

dont be fooled richie

Troicki will lose as soon as he realizes he might just win

«Ivan»
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
while reading your posts i actually am more happy every single second

keep them coming son:yeah:
older than you btw.

i'm partially serb just like you but i won't allow to anybody to spit on my mother's serbian roots.croatian as well too.

so,stay happy little man(just your nick translatation)

malisha
10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
im not bashing anyone Ivan..not my style and i just said that its completly normal for a smaller country to be more nationalistic than the bigger one

Stefanos13
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Not the biggest Davis Cup fan, but how is the location decided? And how much one of the two countries in final gets to play on home soil? Rather strange rules whatever they are...

Getta
10-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Not the biggest Davis Cup fan, but how is the location decided? And how much one of the two countries in final gets to play on home soil? Rather strange rules whatever they are...

scroll down and click on the answer to the sixth (http://www.daviscup.com/about/FAQ.asp#upcoming) question.

and, i'm not a big DC fan either.

Stefanos13
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
scroll down and click on the answer to the sixth (http://www.daviscup.com/about/FAQ.asp#upcoming) question.

and, i'm not a big DC fan either.

Thank you! They don't like to keep it simple do they? :)

Blackbriar
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
the best thing would be to let play Tsonga, and witness his defeat at the hands of Djokovic, giving the final point to Serbia. that would certainly break his career once and for all. and Forget would be thrashed like the worst DC captain of the last 20 years we had. so many winnable ties we lose because of his selfishness and stupidity, and totally wrong choices (USA in 2008 was a bitter joke).

yuri27
10-28-2010, 01:25 PM
the best thing would be to let play Tsonga, and witness his defeat at the hands of Djokovic, giving the final point to Serbia. that would certainly break his career once and for all. and Forget would be thrashed like the worst DC captain of the last 20 years we had. so many winnable ties we lose because of his selfishness and stupidity, and totally wrong choices (USA in 2008 was a bitter joke).

It's too easy to blame Forget there.
It's not his fault if all the french players are either mental midgets either simply not good enough(or both for some!)

yuri27
10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
dont be fooled richie

Troicki will lose as soon as he realizes he might just win

Perhaps.....but meanwhile,one thing i know though is that he just won a bigger tournament than ANY of the tournaments won by the likes of Monfils,Simon,Gasquet or Llodra so far.
And stop calling me Richie,i don't fucking know who is that guy.

Getta
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Perhaps.....but meanwhile,one thing i know though is that he just won a bigger tournament than ANY of the tournaments won by the likes of Monfils,Simon, Gasquet or Llodra so far.

how is Moscow bigger than Marseille?

philosophicalarf
10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Moscow has big prizemoney, but a poor field.

CastleVaniaFan
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure the crowds have nothing to do with Djokovic owning whichever french player he gets in his singles rubbers :shrug:
Serbia only needs inspired Janko to secure 1 more point.

rocketassist
10-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Why do people assume Djokovic has Tsonga in the bag if they play? Hasn't anyone bothered to look at the H2H?

fast_clay
10-28-2010, 08:13 PM
it will be like australia vs spain in barca 2000... when 40 credit cards had to be reported stolen...

vucina
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
What a bunch of pansies. They won't have football hooligans against them here, just a bunch of 13 year old girls screaming NOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Although, when I think about it, they're not any less scary.

shuhrat
10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
What a bunch of pansies. They won't have football hooligans against them here, just a bunch of 13 year old girls screaming NOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Although, when I think about it, they're not any less scary.
:rolls::rolls:

Filo V.
10-29-2010, 01:24 AM
I wonder if Bennytoe might be fit, they maybe have a shot with that doubles team. Monfils could win both singles at least.

Djokovic would never lose to Monfils in this situation.

Filo V.
10-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Serbia is quite nationalistic, everyone knows this. Personally, I like the rowdy and rough crowds in Davis Cup, but hopefully plenty of security is there to prevent any dangerous situations. The French team should be smart and make sure they stick together and have good security and they stay in hotels that are protected. I don't think the Serbian crowd will be as bad as many think, this isn't football, and with the target on their backs being labeled as uncivilized, I'm guessing they will do what they can to show those attitudes to be wrong.

zlaja777
10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
First of all Serb huligans in Genoa were payed to stop the match from playing so it has nothing to do with nationalism and second, football huligans do not watch tennis. This is just pure tactics from French side.

elena_k
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I want France to win. Mainly because i did not like the Djokovic's tactics against Berdych in the semi-final.

«Ivan»
10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I want France to win. Mainly because i did not like the Djokovic's tactics against Berdych in the semi-final.

i want to fly but...

Corey Feldman
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
i want to fly but...It can be arranged ;)

vucina
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
It was idiotic to put HC for the final. Had we opted for clay, the French would surrender.