Escudé had an operation and will be out for 6 months [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Escudé had an operation and will be out for 6 months

kukka
09-17-2004, 12:11 PM
This is what I found from sports.fr, not that surprising but I'm still so :sad: for Nicolas. He keeps on getting injured all the time.

Escudé opéré, out pour six mois
La galère continue pour le Palois, qui s'est fait opérer de l'épaule il y a deux jours. Nicolas Escudé devra rester en dehors du circuit pendant six mois afin de se rétablir complètement.

Get well soon, Nicolas! :hug:

Elina

Marine
09-17-2004, 09:02 PM
What such a waste...he's so talentuous !
I think sometimes he should retire definitly (even if I don't hope so), he's not able to play 2 months without injuring, that's horrible :sad:

Neely
09-17-2004, 09:42 PM
:tears: :tears:
I especially liked his appearance he displayed in Indian Wells for example, that "bald head look" and his usual beard really looked good :)

and the year started so well for him with his tournament win... and now this...

Good luck and good recovery, Nicolas!

both Nicolas injured at the moment: Escudé and Kiefer :mad: :banghead:

esther
09-19-2004, 07:40 AM
*sigh* The Frenchies arent having much luck are they?
Good Luck next year Nico!

misyou25
09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
This is what I found from sports.fr, not that surprising but I'm still so :sad: for Nicolas. He keeps on getting injured all the time.

Escudé opéré, out pour six mois
La galère continue pour le Palois, qui s'est fait opérer de l'épaule il y a deux jours. Nicolas Escudé devra rester en dehors du circuit pendant six mois afin de se rétablir complètement.

Get well soon, Nicolas! :hug:

Elina

oh poor escude...get better soon! all these operations....men always have shoulder operations :(

Neely
11-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Damn, still so much time left until the six months are over :sad: :tears:

Sometimes, time just won't pass.... :rolleyes: :banghead: :banghead:

I like Escudé... and always liked his beard :drool: and also his bald head :yeah: :angel:

Neely
04-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Nicolas Escudé turned 29 a few days ago! Belated Happy Birthday for him! :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

Damn, it feels already like YEARS that he is out of action now.... :sobbing: :sobbing:

I hope he made a good progress in recovery lately and HOPEFULLY we see him back soon, maybe in May? in June? :shrug: I don't have any news...

richard gasquet
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
sad for nicolas :sad:

hope he will recover well and still be motivate to come back after this another injury.

Allez nico!!!!!! :hug: :yeah:

Neely
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
*bump*

Unbelievable! :sad:

The time is passing and passing and passing.... if you leave out this match against Lopez at Canada TMS, it's already MORE THAN ONE YEAR that he is COMPLETELY OUT OF THE GAME :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

I was incredibly happy that he returned strong in 2004, then he got injured again. According to Wertheim's mailbag he probably will NOT BE BACK UNTIL 2006!!! :sad:

Awfully long time.... I'm missing him very much, it's very hard for me that he is out for such a long time, he's one of my top favourite players!

delsa
06-18-2005, 02:12 AM
I saw him every day on L'Equipe TV during RG (he was a "consultant" for the TV channel and the sport newspaper of the same name...) and he seemed to be ok mentally. He still have his great sense of humour and still seems to be passionate about tennis actually even more now than he was before from all the comments he made...(guess he's missing it so much...). But i don't know if he'll play again soon and if so when he'll be back...

esther
06-18-2005, 10:02 AM
its been so long!! totally forgotten about nico! :sad:

*julie*
06-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I 've heard he could come back in september. I hope it's true!

delsa
07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Nico Escudé news from Tennis Mag! ;)

kukka
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Nico Escudé news from Tennis Mag! ;)

Hi Delsa!

Can I put that magazine scan on my Escudé website (http://www.nicolasescude.com)? I would of course give you (and anyone else who needs) credit of the scan. Is it from the French Tennis magazine? Do you know which issue? Thanks already in advance. :)

delsa
08-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi Delsa!

Can I put that magazine scan on my Escudé website (http://www.nicolasescude.com)? I would of course give you (and anyone else who needs) credit of the scan. Is it from the French Tennis magazine? Do you know which issue? Thanks already in advance. :)
No problem! Don't even credit me! If you want to i can send you a better quality scan by mail... It's indeed from the French Tennis Magazine N°353, of August 2005, page 97... ;)

kukka
08-04-2005, 07:09 PM
No problem! Don't even credit me! If you want to i can send you a better quality scan by mail... It's indeed from the French Tennis Magazine N°353, of August 2005, page 97... ;)

If it's not too big trouble, it would be nice to get a better scan. You can email it to me (elina@nicolasescude.com) and I'll add it on the website. Thank you very much! :)

Elina :umbrella:

delsa
08-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I sent it to you. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/a136.gif ;)

delsa
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Escudé reprend. (http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8092/gaskit014zk.jpg) (< link to C3PO's scan of the article)
Fin de convalescence pour Nicolas Escudé. Opéré de l'épaule en septembre 2004, le Français a repris pour la première fois sa raquette cette semaine. Des séances quotidiennes d'une heure et demie avec Patrice Hagelauer, au centre d'entraînement de Roland-Garros. Il devrait servir à partir d'octobre pour un retour programmé sur le circuit début 2006, pour lequel il bénéficiera d'un classement protégé les six premiers mois.
Le Journal du Dimanche 28/08/2005

Escudé returns.
End of convalescence for Nicolas Escudé. After undergoing an operation on his shoulder in september 2004 [and a series of injuries], the Frenchman retook his racquet for the first time this week. Daily practice sessions of an hour and a half with Patrice Hagelauer [him again!?], in the Roland-Garros training center. He should be able to serve again in october and plans his return on the circuit for the beginning of 2006. He'll have a protected ranking for the first six months.
Le Journal du Dimanche 08/28/2005

:aparty: :banana:

SwissMister1
09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Maybe he'll come back and win Doha again! Nice to see him at least back on a court again, though.

kukka
09-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Nice to hear that Nicolas is again practicing. :cool: I hope he's soon fit for matches. :)

Neely
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Recently there was a thread in GM with the latest news about Escudé. If you missed it, you can view it with this link: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=54052
(thanks to Choupi for news!)

I hope Nico is doing fine in the meantime and that he can pratise well for his return and that his injuries healed well to be recovered again! :D

Allleeeezzzzz!!!!!!!

*julie*
10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, I didn't know where to post this news but today Nico was supposed to comment the match Grosjean-Hanescu but he didn't. He had a very good excuse as he had to attend the birth of his baby. :angel: :)

SwissMister1
10-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Well congrats to him, is this a second kid for Nico?

Judexo
10-26-2005, 01:48 AM
YAY congratulations Nico.. is it a boy or girl.. does it have a name yet??

*julie*
10-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't know... I think it's his frst child and they didn't say anything else about the birth.
Anyway, congrats to the parents :)

delsa
10-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Congrats Nico and Mrs Escudé! :hatoff:

There will have been something good coming out of this injury break, at least...

Marine
10-29-2005, 08:04 PM
It's his second child, he has a son of his first marriage.

delsa
11-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Very quickly.
So it was a baby girl named Mahaut.
Congratulations to Nico and the mum Séverine. A future tennis player? ;)

Marine
11-18-2005, 06:41 PM
What a name :rolleyes:
A reference to Mao Zedong :confused:

Neely
02-18-2006, 11:35 PM
It could be that Nicolas Escudé is having his comeback for Las Vegas :D he is on the entry list and he could enter it with his protected ranking. Maybe he plays there?! I don't know :shrug:

Damn, he had his surgery in Sept. 2004 :eek: What a damn long time :sad: :sad:

Neely
02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Okay... Las Vegas didn't happen :sad: ...so next comeback try for Miami! :)

*julie*
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
It would be great to see him back in Miami! :yeah:

Neely
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
It would be great to see him back in Miami! :yeah:
let's believe :angel:
at some time it has to happen, or doesn't it!? :confused:
Allez! :rocker2:

Corey Feldman
02-28-2006, 09:35 PM
comeback Nico :sad:

kukka
03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately it looks like Nicolas won't be playing at Miami, either... :sad: He's still having problems with the shoulder. I haven't heard anything official about that, though. :sad:

Elina

Ome
03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
God, I miss him!

:hug:

InfiniteSadness
03-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I miss Nico too...

Hope I'll come back soon. If anyone has information about him, please post them.

I heard he can serve again.

Truc
03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
There is a very short interview of Nico in the last issue of "Tennis Magazine" and he says he still can't serve. It's just the serve, the rest of his game is OK, he beats the other guys in practice (when he doesn't have to serve), but he can't serve.
He hasn't played since mid-January. After having pulled out of Marseille, he tried another thalassotherapy, but it didn't help. He will see his surgeon again in March (Gilles Walch).
For the time being, he's living in his chalet in the mountains with his wife Séverine and his two kids Mahaut (4 months) and Léopold (6 y.) and he says they help him to cope with the situation. But the whole interview sounds very sad. :(
(I can't translate the medical part about his shoulder, sorry, maybe somebody can complete that summary.)

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/315/escud0ps.th.jpg (http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=escud0ps.jpg)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh poor man. :sad:

SwissMister1
03-09-2006, 11:17 PM
That doesn't sound good at all. I suppose this means he won't be back for a while :(

InfiniteSadness
03-09-2006, 11:52 PM
That's so sad... :sad: I so hope he'll come back soon...

kukka
03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you for posting the interview of Nico, Truc.

It's a real pity that he continues to have problems with the shoulder. :tears: I hope he gets well soon! :hug:

Elina

kukka
03-16-2006, 10:50 AM
This is an excerpt of Marat's interview yesterday, after his loss to Jarkko. For some reason he mentions Escudé. I wonder if he has seen Nicolas or talked with him lately... :confused:

Q. Takes a lot of discipline to do a lot of the rehab work. Is that easy for you or difficult?

MARAT SAFIN: Everything what is surrounding tennis, being on the tour, it's already a good thing. It doesn't matter if you -- take you two hours before you going on the court because otherwise what are the options? I've been out for seven months and I was begging to come back, the doctors, to hurry up the process.

For four months, I was wishing to come back, even do the stretching, do everything that is possible just to be on the court, go out on the court and see the spectators watching the game, to be able to run and play the full power.

Q. Get a bad call?

MARAT SAFIN: Doesn't matter. At least I'm sitting here right now, which already make me happy. Really appreciate actually everybody who helped me to come back because I cannot explain. This is your life. I've been doing this for 20 years. All of a sudden you get injured and you never come back. This is completely changing your life and changing your way of thinking.

But it's really hard way to deal with. I'm sure a lady is sitting here from France, and Escude, I don't know if he's going to come back. For the player, it's a tough decision, a tough position that he can find himself, is to come back or not to come back.

I'm here sitting, talking, playing. I'm very happy, believe me, even though that I lost today.

chicky841
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
ya... lol I just read that and was gonna mention it in here, but you beat me to it. :lol:
Marat only mentioned Escude because they were asking him questions about his knee and how he is feeling. Marat was saying that he is just happy to be back playing at all, and how tough it was to be not playing. He used Escude as an example...to show how hard it is.

kukka
03-17-2006, 10:48 AM
ya... lol I just read that and was gonna mention it in here, but you beat me to it. :lol:
Marat only mentioned Escude because they were asking him questions about his knee and how he is feeling. Marat was saying that he is just happy to be back playing at all, and how tough it was to be not playing. He used Escude as an example...to show how hard it is.

That's what I thought myself but I wondered if someone here had some inside info. :lol:

Neely
03-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Yes, this all sounds very bad :sad: :banghead:

Thanks for little interview, Truc! :yeah:

What does "bouger le bras" in this sentence mean? Is this another word to say he can't have anymore surgeries on the arm? Or does this mean you can't touch the arm because... it hurts so much? :confused:

delsa
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Even Marat Safin mentioned Nico in a post-match interview as an example of what he was happy to have escaped with his own injury saying something like 'I've been very lucky. Look at Escudé. Nobody knows if he'll ever be back one day'...:sad:

j-phi
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes, this all sounds very bad :sad: :banghead:

Thanks for little interview, Truc! :yeah:

What does "bouger le bras" in this sentence mean? Is this another word to say he can't have anymore surgeries on the arm? Or does this mean you can't touch the arm because... it hurts so much? :confused:

"Bouger le bras" - Nico meaned to say he has overtaken the stage where it is just impossible from time to time to move one's arm. So he sees some success but he still can't serve ... using the shoulder giving full power to the arm.

So sad, Nico's serve was very similar in its movement to Mario Ancic's.
[ and to Fedex ... :) ].

Neely
05-08-2006, 10:28 PM
again 6 weeks gone after the last update on his status?
anything new that somebody knows?
any light in sight at the end of a long dark tunnel? :confused:
:help:

Crocodile
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Scud has decided, this morning, to stop his carreer. It is official. Such a sad day..
Merci Nico et bonne reconversion......

InfiniteSadness
05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
That's a shame... :sad:

He was so unlucky with his injuries.

Well, good luck for the future. You were a great player ;)

kukka
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
That is sad news, but not really a big surprise. :sad: I would liked to see him in action for once more... All the best for his future. :wavey:

Elina

From sports.fr

Escudé met un terme à sa carrière
18/05/2006 - 11:39

Comme on pouvait le redouter, Nicolas Escudé a annoncé ce matin lors d'une conférence de presse qu'il mettait un terme à sa carrière, vaincu par ses ennuis physiques. Après 10 ans de carrière, le Palois, 30 ans, quitte le circuit sur lequel il a glané quatre titres et remporté la Coupe Davis en 2001.

JBdV
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
:sad:
Thanks for the good memories Nico

Corey Feldman
07-09-2006, 02:00 AM
A career ended much shorter than it should have been...
tennis's loss :(:(

ColCHESTERfield
07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
That is sad news, but not really a big surprise. :sad: I would liked to see him in action for once more... All the best for his future. :wavey:

Elina

Elina,it's you are a webmaster on Nicolas website?

kukka
08-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Elina,it's you are a webmaster on Nicolas website?

Yes, I'm running that website. ;) Unfortunately I've been so busy this summer that I haven't had time to update it... :rolleyes: I'll try to get something done there next week. :)

delsa
08-11-2006, 10:55 PM

Corey Feldman
08-12-2006, 03:55 AM
everytime i see someone bump this thread...
depresses the hell outta me

ColCHESTERfield
08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Elina!It's so great to meet you!You see my message in your pre-list for a guestbook.Can you write here(maybe in P M)your e-maile or MSN for the buisiness-like interes?

Corey Feldman
08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Another bump'er