recent article.../interview..whatever [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

recent article.../interview..whatever

Guille's Girl
09-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Ha. :banana: My gurl Liz ALWAYZ got my back. :cool: She's da coolest chica on da earth ya :hug: Enjoy! commentary in italic :p
--------------------------------------------------
Guillermo Coria is in Spain recovering from his right shoulder operation. He’s thinking about the Masters and becoming N°1

Spain (corresponsal) _ Well, Guille? When are you coming back?

GC: I don’t know. It could be in a month or two. It depends on how things go. I was found very good. Much better than they thought. I felt very happy when they told me that.

Summer is vanishing slowly in Barcelona. It’s 17.05 and Guillermo Coria is at the Fiatc Clinic. He is recovering there from his right shoulder surgery which pushed him out of the circuit a month ago. He watches the traffic jam through the window. At that moment, a boy wearing the Barcelona T- shirt passes. He looks at him and says: “the first time I was interviewed was for playing soccer. I scored more goals than anyone else of my cathegory in a club named Centenario. I still keep that newspaper sheet! During the final game, which we won with a golden goal I scored, I was hit so badly that my knee got inflamed. Then I said: Mmmm, I better play tennis. Who knows what would have happened with me if I decided to play soccer”.

Q: Will you be ready for Houston? It’s on November 15…

GC: I could be if I get there trained. But I don’t know if I’m going to train…

Historically, with the points I have one should be 6th or 7th, but as players below me are winning….. Anyway, I don’t think about that. To wish that others lose to get in is ridiculous.

I don’t want to burn my head thinking about the points without knowing how I’m going to be. If I get there, I won’t be in great shape… Next year I’ll be physically great thanks to the pre-season of tennis… If I play the Masters, It’ll be after 4 months of inactivity. It’s difficult to get the rhythm again.

He had surgery when he was 3rd in the Champion Race, now he is 5th and he could be 6th. But he is calm, with Dr. Ruiz Cotorro and Dr. Vilaró close to him. He’ll be in Barcelona for 2 months while he is recovering.

Q: How is the rehab doing?

GC: We are just beginning with it. I’ve been in Barcelona for a week. I’m glad because they found me very well, with good mobility. Luckily it almost doesn’t hurt. The most important thing is to be calm and possitive. To do whatever it takes and to bear everything. Because if you are depressive or anxious, rehab would take longer.

Q: What have you done these days?

GC: I was operated a month and a day ago. It was on Monday and on Friday I traveled from here to USA. I was on a cruise for a week, the honeymoon I hadn’t with Carla. When you are in the circuit you can’t enjoy things. I left everything. :mad: ok ok

Q: For example?

GC: I didn’t take the computer, didn’t have a telephone, no TV, no anything. And that was great. I’m getting strenth and desire. I was a bit tired after a very shaken year and a half…

Q: No racquet either?

GC: No, nothing at all.

Q: How long have you been without taking a racquet?

GC: I haven’t taken it yet. And I won’t for the next two or three weeks. It will be 2 months without taking a racquet.

Q: Do you miss it?

GC: I really wanted to play, and I felt sad when I watched the Athens Ceremony on TV as well as when I watched the USO. I accepted it. I’ve been told that it would happen sooner or later.

Q: How?

GC: Something wasn’t right in the shoulder, (NOTE: the bone in his shoulder was deformed. Was born that way) I was about to get injured. It’s a pity it happened this year that I was doing well.

Q: Did you have to be operated?

GC: Yes or yes. But I never thought I would need surgery. Perhaps I should come after Roland Garros when pain started, at the game against Moya. I might have been operated and I whould have been playing again a month later.

Q: And what happened?

GC: I went on playing. I played the whole grass tour with terrible pain. I think I got used to the pain so I continued. I’ve broken everything there. I stopped. And that month training in Argentina, I couldn’t bear the pain every time I tried to serve. When I went to Montreal, courageous, (damn right)to see what happened, I felt tears falling every time I served. It was awful. I even felt sick. Perhaps I trusted the tournament doctors who told me I’d just had a tendinitis. (yeah don't ya just hate misdiagnosis?) And I’ve already had everything broken inside, what is more, I could have dislocated the shoulder if I served wrong. I don’t like to quit, I always tolerate pain (damn right). But I fortunately stopped at the right time at that game against Horna.

Q: Pre-season has a price. Your case, Ferrero’s ….

[b]GC: It bothers us that in Argentina everybody speaks about our injuries without paying attention to other players. Except Roddick and Federer, who don’t get injured due to their way of playing, and Agassi who plays very little, all other players get injured too. No matter how strong you are, if you play too much and you do it well there’ll always be injuries.

Q: Do you bet strongly to 2005?

GC: Yes, There’s a possibility of training with Gil Reyes. ( :banana: ) It would be very important for me, because he is a very experienced person. I’ll go on with my personal trainer. I’ll keep in touch with my doctors in Barcelona too. I want to bring together people who really wish to go as far as possible like I wish, and not those who only think about money or personal interests.

Q: That means you are going after N°1?

GC: Of course. That’s why I want a team that pulls ahead with me. (translation: DUH.)

Q: Reyes said that if Agassi retires he’ll be waiting for you in Las Vegas.

GC: We talk a lot, and when I need something I call him. He knows tons and transmits tranquility. He demonstrated it with Agassi. To be with a person like him would be very important to me or to any other player. Roddick, Williams sisters, Hewitt have already asked for him, so the fact that he’d want to work with me is a pleasure. I hope I can take advantage of it, and to give him the trophies Agassi gave him to put them in his gym.

Q: Would you go to Las Vegas?

GC: I didn’t want to leave Argentina first, but now I’m ready. I want to make a good team and if I have to go to Las Vegas I’ll do it. Or if I have to stay in Barcelona I’ll do it as well. I have to do what is better for me.

Q: Did you follow the games?

GC: They were right during the week I was on vacations without “anything”. And when I arrived I was asked:

“How is it possible that Nalbandian went to the games just for a tour?” I didn’t get a thing. It was a pity not to get far in Athens. There’s nothing to do about it. I’ve read somewhere on a newspaper that Acasuso and Cañas said that a Grand Slam is more important to a tennis player.

Q: And what do you think?

GC: Every person has his priorities. For me, going to the games would have been the accomplishment of a dream, not only to win a medal but to participate with other athletes. It’s the best thing can happen to you. (See Guille? I knew you wuz the only one who genuinely gave a shit :rolleyes: )

Q: You are not playing soccer, but you are watching much of it…

GC: I didn’t play to avoid problems with my shoulder. But I got up at 5 AM one day to watch the Argentine team game. I also listen to River matches and I’m going to see Barcelona – Sevilla at the Camp Nou. And as soon as I can I’ll go to Monaco because there is my friend Bernardi and I want to enjoy a day with him and Saviola.
----------------------------------------
:wavey: excuse my commentary please :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-16-2004, 10:49 PM
thanx chica!
that was one long-ass article! :p

Guille's Girl
09-17-2004, 01:50 AM
:haha: Ya it was!

crimson
09-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the article Guille's Girl. :) It's a shame that Guille never got the chance to play Athens when it would have meant a lot to him. :sad:

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-17-2004, 02:38 PM
he'll play the next one ;)

vamos_guille
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
thanx Guille'sGirl, just a question to Safin-Coria, I know what "ass" means but " one long-ass article " ??? sorry but I have a very formal english ( but thanks to you, I hope my english is becoming more colloquial...)

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-17-2004, 04:02 PM
:lol:
it was just another way of emphasizing how long the article was :p

vamos_guille
09-17-2004, 04:37 PM
OK :)

mordicus18
09-17-2004, 07:38 PM
:haha: french still be the language we can the most understand :haha:

vamos_guille
09-18-2004, 06:17 AM
ça c'est sur, même si des fois je ne comprends rien à ce qui dis ma prof de français
le français est une langue difficile même pour les français

Pancakesong
09-18-2004, 12:47 PM
can you translate it?:P

alita
09-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks GG!
You're always do a lot for us. Thanks for the artical.
And I found this artical about the thing Guille and Gil Reyes, but it's Spanish. I totally do not what it said, only know something about them.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/coberturaespecial/canaltenis/nota.asp?nota_id=634189&origen=acumulado&acumulado_id=
Who can do a favor to translate it? Thanks!

alita
09-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Tenis Argentino: Gil Reyes: "Sé que Coria mejorando su físico es capaz de dejar una huella en este deporte"
Enviado por portaltenis el Jueves, 09 de Septiembre de 2004 - 08:52 CET

En una nota concedida al diario argentino La Nación, Gil Reyes, el preparador físico de Andre Agassi, confirmó la primicia de Tenis Iberoamericano dada en febrero pasado que no entrenará a Guillermo Coria mientras Agassi esté en el circuito profesional. Reyes insinuó sin embargo sus desos de trabajar con el santafesino que se halla por estos días recuperándose de una operación en su hombro derecho en Barcelona.
-"Sé que puede alcanzar la gloria...Hablar de Coria es un orgullo para mí...He hablado con él y con su padre. Es un potrillo con un gran corazón...pero yo estoy todavía vinculado con Andre. Estamos juntos desde 1989, cuando yo entrenaba el equipo de basquetbol de la Universidad de Nevada. Y todo tuvo que ver con una paliza que un argentino, (Alberto) Mancini, le dio a Andre en la final de Roma. Después de ese partido, me dijo: "Quiero ser fuerte como él, no puedo perder otra vez en mi vida de ese modo". Pero una vez que termine de jugar, que creo que ocurrirá en un año, esa sería una de mis intenciones. Con todo respeto, espero que el destino me procure esa posibilidad. A Coria sólo le falta físico. A mí me han ofrecido trabajar con Andy Roddick y con las hermanas Williams. Pero en ambos casos contesté que no. Quiero hacerlo con Coria, porque sé que puede alcanzar la gloria. Sé que mejorando su físico es capaz de dejar una huella en este deporte. Eso es lo que yo busco de los deportistas. Le doy un ejemplo: en el mismo tiempo que Andre jugaban Jim Courier y Pete Sampras. Todos ya dejaron y Andre sigue vigente, porque él se propuso dejar un legado. Y Coria también puede conseguirlo. Debe trabajar el físico. Coria debe mejorar las piernas. Es un tema que muchas veces hablamos con Andre. Yo le recomendaría lo mismo que hicimos en su momento: seleccionar temporadas de juego. Si no se hace una gran preparación, es lógico que se produzcan las lesiones que se ven en el circuito. Esa es la diferencia que separa a los grandes jugadores. Si usted recuerda, a principios de los noventa, Andre no jugaba Australia y Wimbledon. Elegíamos los torneos para tener un buen rendimiento. Dividíamos el año en cuatro períodos: dos para jugar y dos para fortificar. Cuando lo conocí, Andre pesaba 60 kilos, hoy su desarrollo lo llevó a pesar veinte kilos más.

Posteriormente Reyes habló sobre el lugar de racondicionameinto físico para Coria.

-"Yo no conozco las facilidades de la Argentina. Sí puedo decirle que en Las Vegas poseo un gimnasio privado con máquinas valuadas en 250.000 dólares y una cancha de tenis para que pueda entrenarse. Y el único que tiene la llave soy yo. Y el único que se ha entrenado allí es Agassi. En ese lugar están los ocho trofeos de Grand Slam de Andre y la medalla olímpica que ganó en Atlanta. Creo que sería un buen lugar para Coria". Expresó el gigantesco entrenador.

Translation through Babelfish:

Argentine Tennis: Gil Kings: "Sé that Coria improving its physicist is able to leave a track in this deporte" Envoy by portaltenis Thursday, 09 of September of 2004 - 08:52 CET In a note granted to the Argentine newspaper the Nation, Gil Kings, the physical preinn of Andre Agassi, confirmed the given primicia of Latin American Tennis in last February that Guillermo Coria will not train while Agassi is in the professional circuit. Kings insinuated their desos nevertheless to work with the santafesino that is by these days recovering of an operation in its right shoulder in Barcelona.

-"Sé that can reach the glory... To speak of Coria is a pride for me... I have spoken with him and his father. He is potrillo with a great heart... but I am still tie with Andre. We are together from 1989, when I trained I equip of basquetbol of the University of Nevada. And everything had to do with a beating that an Argentinean, (Alberto) Mancini, gave him to Andre in the end of Rome. After that party, it said to me: "Quiero to be strong like him, I cannot again lose in my life of that modo". But once it finishes playing, that I believe that it will happen in a year, that would be one of my intentions. Yet respect, I hope that the destiny tries that possibility to me. To physical Coria only him lack. To me they have offered to me to work with Andy Roddick and the sisters Williams. But in both cases I answered that no. I want to do it with Coria, because I know that it can reach the glory. I know that improving its physicist he is able to leave a track in this sport. That is what I look for of the sportsmen. I give an example him: in the same time that Andre Jim Courier and Pete Sampras played. All already they left and Andre follows effective, because he seted out to leave a legacy. And Coria also can obtain it. The physicist must work. Coria must improve the legs. It is a subject that often we spoke with Andre. I would recommend to him just like we did at its moment: to select seasons of game. If a great preparation does not become, is logical that the injuries take place that are seen in the circuit. That is the difference that separates the great players. If you remember, at the beginning of the ninety, Andre did not play Australia and Wimbledon. We chose the matches to have a good yield. We divided the year in four periods: two to play and two to fortify. When I knew it, Andre weighed 60 kilos, today its development took it more to weigh twenty kilos.

Later Kings spoke on the physical place of racondicionameinto for Coria. -"Yo I do not know the facilities Argentina. Yes I can say to him that in Fertile valleys I have a gymnasium deprived with machines estimated in 250.000 dollars and one tennis court so that he can train. And only that he has the key I am I. And the only one that has trained there is Agassi. In that place they are the eight trophies of Grand Slam de Andre and the Olympic medal that won in Atlanta. I believe that it would be a good place for Coria". The gigantic trainer expressed.

I don't know if it repeat.:)
Nice Gil! Why the Babelfish translate "Reyes" to "Kings", hehe....

kandykane
09-18-2004, 05:02 PM
he's gonna work with Gil Reyes!!!!:banana: :banana:

so he went on a honey moon without a thing but carla??? wondering what they did... so where did they go??

Pancakesong
09-18-2004, 06:03 PM
*wants to know that too..*

Guille's Girl
09-18-2004, 07:03 PM
They went on a cruise y'all. didn't you READ THE ARTICLE?! He said :rolleyes: :"I was on a cruise for a week..." Ya know? A cruise ship? One of those huge yatch looking things?
http://www.citysupermalls.com/cruise-ship.jpg
:o in da Caribbean ya....
http://www.your-mexico-cruises.com/mexico-destinations/maps/caribbean_sea_map.jpg
Before um, Charley, Francis and Ivan started whoopin' everybodys asses...hurricanes that is.

Pancakesong
09-19-2004, 02:42 PM
but what about that 'with nothing' or something?

Guille's Girl
09-19-2004, 04:55 PM
He didn't have his computer and stuff...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/coriaisdabest/jjscomp.jpg

No tv either.

Pancakesong
09-19-2004, 07:51 PM
coowll..
but.. he had carla:(

where did you get that pic? :inlove:

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Guille is sooo adorable in that pic :inlove:

Guille's Girl
09-19-2004, 11:29 PM
coowll..
but.. he had carla:(

where did you get that pic? :inlove:

Ja uhm that pic was after Hamburg I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink....yeah it was. I forget where I got it. Here are the original ones :) I got the second one from Olga.

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-20-2004, 02:44 AM
i'm really diggin the hat on him :yeah:

vamos_guille
09-20-2004, 02:15 PM
ça c'est sur, même si des fois je ne comprends rien à ce qui dis ma prof de français
le français est une langue difficile même pour les français lol, can you translate it?P: lol sorry it means : I totally agree, even if sometimes, I understand nothing about what my french teacher says
french is a difficult language even for the French themselves

kandykane
09-20-2004, 03:09 PM
he could have just rented a small boat to cruise with carla alone... that sounds more romantic

LubiG
09-20-2004, 06:34 PM
OMG Carla is sooooo lucky!!! :cool:

I hope Guille works with Gil next season... i bethe would reach nº1 right ahead!!!

Guille's Girl
09-20-2004, 07:30 PM
You mean a Yatch Kandy? I guess. But it wouldn't have all the cool stuff on it like all da restuarants and hotal type rooms and all that good stuff.

Ya, Guille said that he's been talkin' to Gil for a while. Man!!! ANDRE NEEDS TO FRICKIN' RETIRE! :fiery: But then I will miss him :sad: But I'll still have Guille! :banana: Oh yeah, Guille also said that he hopes to play ONE MORE tournament this year. Now all we gotta do is wait to see which one...

Deco
09-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Guille couldn't play for three months.. but when are they over?

Guille's Girl
09-20-2004, 07:39 PM
You mean all the tournaments? After TMC Houston, there aren't anymore tournaments till January. By the way, Guille said his shoulder was better than he expected and that his recovery time was gonne be less. Whereas the docs originally told him 3-4 months for recovery, now they're saying 2-3 months. He's gonna start physical training, on the court, probably next week.

mordicus18
09-20-2004, 08:07 PM
CODE : Carla - Enemie Public N°1 :armed:

Carla, tes jours sont comptés :cool:

vamos_guille
09-21-2004, 10:05 AM
:haha: je serais elle j'aurais peur...

Pancakesong
09-21-2004, 03:19 PM
CODE : Carla - Enemie Public N°1 :armed:

Carla, tes jours sont comptés :cool:
carla your days are counted? know what it is in dutch but in english....:P

Pancakesong
09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
:haha: je serais elle j'aurais peur...
:confused:

talk english please :rolleyes:

vamos_guille
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
:confused:

talk english please :rolleyes: and what about mordicus ?

If I were her, I would be scared

Guille's Girl
09-21-2004, 06:30 PM
carla your days are counted? know what it is in dutch but in english....:P

No no it's "your days are numbered"...

Pancakesong
09-21-2004, 07:44 PM
No no it's "your days are numbered"...
haha.. I knew it would be "je dagen zijn geteld' but I didnt know what it is in englsh;)

Corinna
09-21-2004, 08:05 PM
in german it's "deine Tage sind gezählt", so translated word by word: "your days are counted", too

ewana
09-22-2004, 02:02 PM
In Finnish it is "Sinun päiväsi on lasketut" :D :p ;)

Pancakesong
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM
haha:D sinun päivasi on lasketut

that willl be my new msn nickname:D

Deco
09-22-2004, 02:45 PM
haha:D

ewana
09-22-2004, 07:41 PM
;) That´s a good one, Pancakesong!!!! :wavey: :D :D

Corinna
09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
:haha:

Pancakesong
09-22-2004, 08:01 PM
:P

mordicus18
09-23-2004, 05:28 PM
heureusement que je suis là... :p

Pancakesong
09-23-2004, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mordicus18
09-23-2004, 08:56 PM
luckily I'm here ;) :p

kandykane
09-24-2004, 03:49 PM
carla's days are numbered?????????

Pancakesong
09-25-2004, 11:32 AM
yes:D

kandykane
09-25-2004, 11:44 AM
so mordi finnally made up her mind to do what she's born to do, eh? :lol:

mordicus18
10-01-2004, 07:06 PM
so mordi finnally made up her mind to do what she's born to do, eh? :lol:

http://www.pcpig.com/face/015.gif Mordi's coming back for new adventures ! tatam tatzaaam :devil:

Guille's Girl
10-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Welcome back!

Pancakesong
10-02-2004, 01:15 PM
welcome!

Corinna
10-02-2004, 08:58 PM
welcome :hug:

mordicus18
10-07-2004, 07:31 PM
it was only an expression :rolleyes: :p

it meaned that, as I can't go everyday and post here, I can post after a while and sending a lot of stupid jockes ! :p

Pancakesong
10-10-2004, 10:25 AM
:p