The "Significant Other" thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Significant Other" thread

TennisHack
09-16-2002, 03:29 AM
Hey, all.

Obviously, I don't come in here often, but I've been hearing the rumor that Andy is dating Mandy Moore, and I was wondering what you guys' take on it was. I'm sure this group is above the petty jealousy of Andy dating ;) but was just wondering if anyone could confirm/deny.

Leo7
09-16-2002, 03:41 AM
well i haven't heard about this, but if it was true i wouldn't be surprised at all. i've seen Mandy Moore on tv at Andy's matches in Toronto and the US Open.

TennisHack
09-16-2002, 03:42 AM
Apparently it's a new development--someone posted an article on a board like, Friday or something.

But Andy fans are pretty good slueths, so I figured this group would know.

charzie
09-16-2002, 06:19 AM
yeah apparently mandy's confirmed it tho andy says theyre just friends. i think its so cute!! andy and mandy :p but hey, i think mandy's sweet.

rodsgal
09-16-2002, 08:01 AM
I think Andy is dating Mandy, nothing wrong with that actually. I don't think it really matters who he's dating, as long as it doesn't affect his tennis. Even if it does, i guess it's his choice. I'm not gonna start crying or hating Mandy Moore because of that, not that i like her a lot, heh. OH by the way, charzie, Phantom Planet is great!! Lonely Day is a great song too :)

roddicktennisbabe
09-16-2002, 05:44 PM
I personally don't believe ANYTHING until Andy comes out and confirms it himself. I'd believe it if Mandy comes out and says it but I'd rather Andy come out cos if he's gonna break my heart, I want him to say it!
But have you noticed that only Mandy's stylist "confirmed" it... and noone else? So I don't believe anything yet. I bet Mandy's stylist is in trouble now... I mean, if I were Mandy, I'd wanna tell my fans myself...
But once again- believe nothing until the source itself says it!
~Mindy

roddicktennisbabe
09-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Andy just posted a new journal entry on ar.com... he says that he's trying to schedule a chat with the site the week following Davis Cup- I'm sure he's trying to so that he could clear up all the Mandy stuff... we'll find out soon enough if they're really dating or not!

TennisHack
09-16-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by roddicktennisbabe
But once again- believe nothing until the source itself says it!
~Mindy

Hence my positing it to you guys as a rumor only. Good to know he's trying to clear it all up, though.

I hope you don't have your heart broken :)

Andy
09-17-2002, 03:53 AM
He never confirmed it, so I don't think at all that they're together. Besides, I think he could do so much better than her. She's such a poser. She seems really fake. I think she dyed her hair and cut it short to look more mature or something, but she looks worse. I think she tries too heard to be mature or to be accepted by the pop nay-sayers, and she is super cool with Kelly Osbourne now? I think Mandy tries too hard to be accepted and to please everyone.

I guess I sound like the jealous girlfriend. I would rather see Andy with Ashley Harkleroad than Mandy Moore.

caz
09-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Well, unofficial word from ppl in the know(that is ppl who know Andy's, not Mandy), is that yes, they are dating, but its still a new thing so they are being pretty secretive. Good luck to them. :)

T-bone
09-28-2002, 03:35 AM
I know he IS actually dating Mandi Moore, she was in the player lounge at the Open. Crap!

budgirlbz
10-10-2002, 05:37 AM
Andy confirmed it....it's on the Chat transcript he had just recently...go check out www.andyroddick.com...it's all there...

here's what he said....

.....begin.....

Bill: People are always asking if you have a girlfriend....thoughts?

Andy: hahaha.... thought this might come up... i am seeing someone right now... she is wonderful and i am very happy

Bill: we're wondering if it might be some up and coming pop star....

Andy: could be :)

Bill: ok...level with your fans... is it Mandy?

Andy: yes.... things are going great so far..

.....END......

go here...http://www.andyroddick.com/news.php?p_news_id=495

TennisHack
12-05-2002, 04:34 AM
Werthless confirms it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/jon_wertheim/news/2002/12/02/mailbag/

Chris Powell of Toronto forwarded this item from People: "Tennis pros and Hollywood celebs have combined for some memorable love matches: John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neal, Pete Sampras and Bridgette Wilson. Now you can add American ace Andy Roddick and pop singer-actress Mandy Moore to the list. The new couple met last July in Toronto, where Moore was shooting How to Deal and Roddick was playing in an ATP event. The matchmaker? Moore's mom, Stacy, a tennis fan who invited Roddick to the movie's set. ... Mandy and Andy hit it off right away and started dating in August, when Moore came to New York City to see Roddick play in the U.S. Open."

liS@
12-06-2002, 12:13 AM
if u go to roddickrocks.com, members over there check mandy's board frequently and they found actually quite a lot of posts by mandy that mentions andy (like recently, she went skydiving w/ him)...and if u've read one of andy's recent journal entries (i think its the second to most current one), he thanks a bunch of people and he had "m" as one of the people he wants to thank...interesting...:kiss: