The 2010 Fall/Indoor/Craptastic Off-Season Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The 2010 Fall/Indoor/Craptastic Off-Season Thread

tangerine_dream
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Just to get a new thread going. Andy tweeted that he's back training with Larry, feels good, and can't wait to get back on court again, so that's good.

http://www.insidetennis.com/2010/09/andy-aggressor-roddick-tactical-shift/
Andy the Aggressor: Does A-Rod Need New Tactics?
by Richard Osborn
Saturday, September 4th, 2010

FLUSHING MEADOWS, N.Y. — Andy Roddick will have time for some soul searching following his earlier-than-anticipated second-round exit at the U.S. Open. The Texan, who turned 28 on Aug. 30, had hoped to make the most of the Slams this year, which is much of the reason why he opted out of Davis Cup play. Seven years removed from his one U.S. Open title, he knows the clock is ticking. But the American surely had more in mind than a quarterfinal finish at the Australian Open.

In his upset loss to Janko Tipsarevic, Roddick, who may still be suffering the lingering effects of mono, appeared to lack gusto, and was unable to overpower the Serb. His shots simply lacked penetration. Afterward, some, including Tipsarevic, seem to question his tactics.

“He needs to be more aggressive,” said Tipsarevic. “He needs to change his game style a little bit, in my opinion, going for a little bit more, especially from his forehand…If he recuperates and starts being a little more aggressive — I’m not here to give tips – but definitely he needs to change something to win a Grand Slam.”

“He played well in Indian Wells and Miami. You figure he knows what he’s doing,” said Roger Fededer. “If he keeps that up, he’s going have a shot at another title. Obviously, it’s a big surprise for me to see him go out, even though Tipsarevic is a good player. I beat [Tipsarevic] at the Australian once 9-7 in the fifth. That was the phase I had mono, and so it’s kind of somewhat of a similar situation, I guess. Andy had signs of it now, as well. Him and his coach need to know what’s best for him.”

While his old roomie Mardy Fish noted Roddick’s lack of aggressiveness, the suddenly svelte Floridian pointed to Roddick’s considerable work ethic and said he still believes the former No. 1 can win another Slam or two.

“I’ve watched some tape of him when he won the U.S. Open in 2003. He’s certainly played a more aggressive style,” he said. “But I think he’s fitter now than he was back then, so he can rely on his legs a little bit more now. He’s no dummy. He’s going to play how he feels best suits him. He’s got a great team behind him that Larry [Stefanki]. They put together a game plan, and I guarantee you that’s how he’s going to play. That’s how they think that he can best play.”

Don’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for Roddick/Stefanki to completely retool their approach. A decade into his pro career, the ’03 USO champ will more likely take a good, hard look at the schedule the next two years, choosing his spots carefully in order to peak at the two Slams he desires most – Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

arodfanpe666o
09-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Well, good article, but...Andy wan't changee this and suddenly become a lot more aggressive. He is playing really aggressive in a couple tournaments per year, the rest is...you know what. He is playing that way for so many years now and I don't think we can expect some big changes at this point of his career.

OnyxRose
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM
When is he supposed to play next? I've just been really bored.

Winston's Human
09-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Next week in Tokyo.

Viky-cro
09-28-2010, 03:28 PM
found this on Djokovic News thread
http://cfile27.uf.tistory.com/image/131B37224C7B37012D8458

w3BqiQAvpGY

so are they really playing an exhibition match in Korea ?

OnyxRose
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Next week in Tokyo.

Thank you.

arodfanpe666o
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
What do you think about Andy's chances to qualify for Masters Cup?

Deboogle!.
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
so are they really playing an exhibition match in Korea ?Guess so :help:

Winston's Human
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Well. Andy could use the match practice.

illepingis
09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
andy has 10 points to defend this fall hopefully he can go up to atleast place 8

partygirl
09-30-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Points?!? :spit::haha::rolls:
How did he get those 10?

partygirl
10-01-2010, 08:49 AM
He's happy to be there
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214819&d=1285915526

RoddickFan88
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Anyone knows what time (local) will Andy - Djoko exho tomorrow ?

It will be broadcasted ?

rudylegh
10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Next week in Tokyo.

how is Andy now? is he ready for a great result in Tokyo??

Deboogle!.
10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
well andy's tokyo draw is not bad and he's playing doubles with de bakker. it's a 500 event so there is a lot of room for points here.

and someone posted some videos of the exho andy and novak did :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10406677&postcount=16

rudylegh
10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
well andy's tokyo draw is not bad and he's playing doubles with de bakker. it's a 500 event so there is a lot of room for points here.

and someone posted some videos of the exho andy and novak did :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10406677&postcount=16

Yes - Draw is fairly good, but is he Andy in good shape?

Has he solved the lingering effects of mono ?

Deboogle!.
10-02-2010, 05:32 PM
He tweeted that he is feeling 100% healthy again, but who knows

arodfanpe666o
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Hope he can do well. Otherwise it will be difficult to qualify for the Masters Cup.

Viky-cro
10-02-2010, 08:14 PM
they were great in that exho, shame it was far away from Europe :D

partygirl
10-03-2010, 12:20 AM
...but is Andy in good shape?
Has he solved the lingering effects of mono ?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214853&stc=1&d=1286142425

:eek:

:hearts:

tsurupettan
10-03-2010, 09:16 PM
de bakker? :lol: i never thought they'd team up.

RoddickFan88
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Practice :

http://i56.tinypic.com/xpbzg5.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/sqh0k5.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2jdh0qt.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/ngbq13.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ushhuf.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/1zmjc00.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/34i3f2a.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hezuif.jpg

Deboogle!.
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
So Andy plays Ito tomorrow (tuesday) at about noon local time, which appears to be 13 hours ahead of US Eastern time.

Winston's Human
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I wonder if there will be any livestreaming?

Deboogle!.
10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
at some point there should be, it's a 500 event, but maybe not for the first round or two... I think even espn3 and ttc are covering some of it!

arodfanpe666o
10-05-2010, 07:59 AM
So, Andy won his first match against a guy I haven't heard of an probably will never hear again. I would like to think that getting broken against this player and serving at 55% is becaouse of lack of matches, otherwise...

Deboogle!.
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
It has to be. He has doubles tomorrow and then another singles match so hopefully he'll at least be ready for the Masters event

but holy crap he did a number on his racquet :haha:

OnyxRose
10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
That's...pretty much the worse broken racquet I've ever seen.

partygirl
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Well with those new arms....
Always commendable when you get the handle off your racquet.:lol:

Kate87
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
whoa whoa the racquet :haha:

arodfanpe666o
10-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Andy won. Passive play, but better serving.

Deboogle!.
10-07-2010, 05:59 AM
:yeah:

Allez-Alejo
10-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Big match tonight...Monfils seems to be serving well, as well. I can't see either losing to Stepa or Nieminen...Nieminen is on good form but hasn't beaten any one good. Could be like the final if GGL upsets Ralph again.

arodfanpe666o
10-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Well, Andy lost in tbs, again. He had the match on his raquet at 5-4 and 2 serves comming, but of course he did not win both points and lost the match...

OnyxRose
10-08-2010, 08:12 AM
He lost. I don't even know.

Winston's Human
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, Andy lost in tbs, again. He had the match on his raquet at 5-4 and 2 serves comming, but of course he did not win both points and lost the match...

And, of course, we missed those two points because the Tennis Channel somehow switched temporarily to some other program.

OnyxRose
10-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe he needs to play DC again...learn how to win some tiebreaks because this is getting ridiculous.

Deboogle!.
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I saw most of the match from the 2nd set on and was pretty encouraged by his play. going for big shots, hitting a lot of BHs down the line, not being TOO defensive in his court positioning, etc. I think now it is at the point where he just doesn't have the confidence in the big points, which is a much better position than he was in a couple months ago.

OK that's as positive as I can get (*where's Kate*)

arodfanpe666o
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, but he should be able to win when he does not get broken. And he was not playing against Roger, Rafa f.e. He was up against pretty inconsistent player actually. He holds serve fot the entire match and can't win...dissapointig for a player of his caliber. And I'm quite sure Ferrer will get past him...

Kate87
10-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I saw most of the match from the 2nd set on and was pretty encouraged by his play. going for big shots, hitting a lot of BHs down the line, not being TOO defensive in his court positioning, etc. I think now it is at the point where he just doesn't have the confidence in the big points, which is a much better position than he was in a couple months ago.

that was beyond amazing, debs :bowdown: :worship: ;) :kiss:

rudylegh
10-08-2010, 06:19 PM
ATP FINALS

does Andy need getting points in Shanghai or he is sure in the eight ?

I guess he will need some points - he was 7th, but now Ferrer will advance after Beijing, and some other strong players are near the 8th

Does anybody know how many points are available in Shanghai ..?

partygirl
10-09-2010, 12:38 AM
:clap2:http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked019.gif

He was up against pretty inconsistent player actually....disappointing for a player of his caliber. Unfortunately Andy is as inconsistent as they come.

The official face of Craptastic:hug:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.85c6eb2aa82ad2c7203ec69db78befff/85c6eb2aa82ad2c7203ec69db78befff-getty-tennis-jpn-atp.jpg

Deboogle!.
10-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Thanks Kate :angel: ATP FINALS

does Andy need getting points in Shanghai or he is sure in the eight ?

I guess he will need some points - he was 7th, but now Ferrer will advance after Beijing, and some other strong players are near the 8th

Does anybody know how many points are available in Shanghai ..?Shanghai is a Masters 1000 event, so, tons of point-gaining opportunities, but the draw will be tough.

arodfanpe666o
10-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Andy's draw is terrible. Kohlshreiber in 1st round :o Monfils, who just beat him in 3rd,and Novak in QFs, if he gets there...:o:o

Deboogle!.
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
:haha: :haha: It's actually Berdych in the 3rd round which is a tiny bit better, but even if he beats Kohli, GGL in the 2nd round who just beat Rafa :haha:

OnyxRose
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
He seriously needed to get to the finals in Tokyo because this is a mess of a draw. Oh well. He wasn't getting anywhere with easy draws anyway so c'est la vie.

tangerine_dream
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM
For some reason Andy tends to do better when he's facing tougher draws, it's the cakewalk draws that throw him off his game. :lol:

Deboogle!.
10-09-2010, 10:39 PM
For some reason Andy tends to do better when he's facing tougher draws, it's the cakewalk draws that throw him off his game. :lol:Yeah, the USO went great :ignore:

Deboogle!.
10-12-2010, 08:02 AM
well a win is a win i guess .... for how long has andy not been wearing his wristband?:eek:

Kate87
10-12-2010, 09:01 AM
the real question is why are you still up? :eek: i guess Andy just scared the crap out of Kohli with his great form and the famous fearhand :D

Winston's Human
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
How did Andy look? By the time I awoke in the middle of the night, his match was over.

Deboogle!.
10-12-2010, 03:02 PM
the real question is why are you still up? :eek: i guess Andy just scared the crap out of Kohli with his great form and the famous fearhand :DI had been out and got home right about when he was starting so i just stayed up :p
How did Andy look? By the time I awoke in the middle of the night, his match was over.alright. About the same as last week, some signs of great stuff mixed in with some not so great stuff. served well though, after he saved BPs in the very first game of the match.

andymo
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE0MTQwNjg4.html

Jade Fox
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I didn't get to see the match today but I heard about his injury. What rotten luck he has. :awww: :hug:

Deboogle!.
10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It's really getting ridiculous. He must do some really rotten things we don't know about to deserve this kind of karma.

partygirl
10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Mono into Thigh injury, totally saw that one coming.:yeah::hug:
His body was looking like perfection too. I'm just saying.

He must do some really rotten things we don't know about
He has a lot of time off.

Jade Fox
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
It's really getting ridiculous. He must do some really rotten things we don't know about to deserve this kind of karma.

Maybe he really did eat babies, I don't know. All I know is that the tennis gods need to cut him a fucking break for once.

andymo
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Injuries happen....not only to Andy. 1st round Kohl was the one to retire and Andy said, <it is not fun to retire>. He never thought it would happen to him so soon....poor Andy. I feel so badly for him. He was playing so well.

Viky-cro
10-13-2010, 03:48 PM
from atpworldtour.com

Roddick had won the first set 6-3 and began to feel the injury at 2-1 in the second set. After the 10th-seeded American received treatment, Garcia-Lopez - who improved to a 30-20 season record - broke serve to lead 3-2 after 57 minutes of play.

"I did this last week against Monfils in Tokyo," explained Roddick. "The past couple of days in practice, I feel like I've been kind of moving like an elephant, kind of slow, just trying to protect it. I didn't have full confidence, but it was holding on. I strained it a little bit worse [today], and it was to the point where moving at all felt like I was getting stabbed in the leg.

"I'm going to try to go home to Austin. I'm not going to be able to do much for the next week to 10 days. :( I hope to play in Basel. I'm going to do everything I can to get back for Basel. I think the fact that I still have a shot at London, even after the past year and everything, I think it would be an accomplishment for me. I certainly haven't given up hope of that."

OnyxRose
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Poor Andy.:sad: Those last couple of sentences make me so sad for him. He was finally starting to play well.

partygirl
10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I still have a shot at London, even after the past year and everything, I think it would be an accomplishment for me. I certainly haven't given up hope of that." Awesome.:cool:

andymo
10-13-2010, 05:51 PM
It makes you want to cuddle him and tell him that everything will be all right. Poor baby.....

tangerine_dream
10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Typical end-of-season injury. The tennis year is too damn long.

andymo
10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Andy said that he hurt himself when playing vs Monfils last week. So he aggravated it.

Winston's Human
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I remember the commentators during the Monfils matching wondering if Andy had injured himself.

London is still not out of the picture with early Shanghai losses by Verdasco, Youzhny and Davydenko.

Kate87
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM
:awww:

G. GARCIA LOPEZ/A. Roddick

3 6, 3 2 (ret.)

An interview with:

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Something about October 13th in Shanghai?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah (smiling).
It's not even that. I mean, it's been just a really frustrating year, you know. Missed three months at the end of last year, the mono in the middle of this year, little things like that. It's just frustrating.
I feel like I've had two or three legitimate months. Today, I mean, I felt like, even in the first round, even though Philipp retired, the first two rounds here I felt like I was hitting the ball great.
You know, it's really tough to get hurt or tougher to get hurt up a set and a break.

Q. I know it's still kind of early, but what's the prognosis on this one?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. You know, unfortunately the thing with that area of the leg is you're prone to, if it's not healthy I did this last week against Monfils in Tokyo. You know, last couple days in practice, I feel like I've been kind of moving like an elephant, kind of slow, just trying to protect it. I didn't have full confidence, but it was holding on.
I don't know. I mean, it's probably pretty confident I'll be back by Paris. I hope I'll be back before then.

Q. You said you first noticed this in last week's tournament.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.

Q. Can you explain what happened today on the shot, looked like you may have slipped with your foot, and did that cause it?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I don't think anything caused it. Preexisting. You know, I practiced two days after the Monfils match, was practicing with Janko out here, kind of aggravated it. Definitely wasn't healed when I decided to play here.
You know, I guess if it would have stayed like it did last week, if it didn't get worse than that, I would have been able to at least stay out there. In all honesty, up a set and a break, I might have won that match today.
Strained it a little bit worse, and it was to the point where, you know, moving at all felt like I was getting stabbed in the leg.
It's just frustrating. You know, you got to be able to get a little bit of momentum going. I just feel like I haven't been able to do that since April or May. A lot of it's been out of my hands. It's just frustrating.
I know there are worse problems. But, you know, it's been pretty frustrating for me.

Q. I read last year in the week before the injury that you complained about the schedule. Has that been a factor, as well?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I mean, no, because I haven't played that much this year. The schedule, I've been pretty upfront with saying I think it's too long. But I think this is only my 13th event this year. A fair number of those haven't been under the best circumstances.
Do I think that's the reason for this? No, I don't. I don't. I still think it's an issue that needs to be discussed and I think luckily our voices seem to be getting to the point where they're being heard, which is a credit to Mr. Helfant and that. At least they recognize that's an issue.
But I can't blame that on this. I don't know where something like this comes from.

Q. Where specifically on the leg is it injured?
ANDY RODDICK: It's called a strained adductor. So it's high up inside.

Q. Is that something that could require surgery?
ANDY RODDICK: No.

Q. What will it take for rehabilitation?
ANDY RODDICK: You know, you're asking me a lot of questions. I haven't had an MRI yet. But that part of the leg, on muscle strains, even if it's a tear, it's not a surgical procedure.
I don't think it's the absolutely worst case scenario. Even if it is, it's still a 'no' to your first question.

Q. What is your next plan? Will you have a rest and come back in Paris?
ANDY RODDICK: Right now, I mean, I'm going to try to come back to Paris. I'm going to try to go home to Austin. I'm not going to be able to do much for the next, you know, week to 10 days. So hopefully get some food, get some steak, get some vegetable tempura at home, reassess where I'm at in 7 or 10 days. I hope to play in Basel. I'm going to do everything I can to get back for Basel.
I think the fact that I still have a shot at London, even after the last year and everything, I think it would be an accomplishment for me. I certainly haven't given up hope of that.

Q. You're not an old player, but do you also look at it and say, Do I start to alter the way I approach training, or do you write it off as a bad year?
ANDY RODDICK: The thing that's frustrating for me, I was talking about it with my coach and my trainer, is I've become more and more professional as I've gotten on with stretching and training and fitness and everything and building your body back up. I did some pretty intense work after the Open when I could, you know, to kind of build your body up to not deal with stuff like this.
I guess the most frustrating part for me is, one, I felt like I was playing very good tennis. When I play tennis like I have been the first couple rounds here, I normally put up pretty good results. Two is that there's nothing we can point at specifically and say. Normally there's a reason why. If it would have happened during the summer, it's because I haven't put in the time because I haven't been able to, this, that and the other.
But I don't know as far as, you know, guessing.

If anyone is interested here (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=66906)'s his interview from the other day

Heather1229
10-14-2010, 12:39 AM
This just completly sucks. I mean granted at the end of the day, at least he nor any of us have been trapped in a mine for two months however, in tennis-land this is crummy. I was watching the first set before I left the house this morning and thought he was playing pretty well, good as Miami and Indian Wells for sure then I got to work and saw he had retired...

I sure hope the tennis gods have something great in store for him in 2011!

andymo
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
From your lips to God's ears......poor Andy but at least it is not too serious. He will recover fast and will go to Basel, I hope.

Fee
10-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Andy :hug:

arodfanpe666o
10-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, only he has such a bad luck...If there is ranking, Andy would be one of the guys with most bad luck though the years.

I really hope he is ok for Basel and Paris, and be able to qualify for London, because maybe this is his last chance to play Masters Cup.

Raina
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Poor boy, I went to Shanghai for 6 years, the only year he left Shanghai with a healthy body was the year he won DC!:sad:

Anyway, as usual, I took a lot of Andy pics in Shanghai, pls check this link if u guys are interested in :)-

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=290355&id=779399663&l=2e5276b07c

partygirl
10-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Anyway, as usual, I took a lot of Andy pics in Shanghai, pls check this link if u guys are interested in :)-

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=290355&id=779399663&l=2e5276b07c
Always interested. Thank you.

arodfanpe666o
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g_5v-Gx-_zZtyIV-rs81pwSu-8ew?docId=4929930

In the end of the article Mark Philippoussis says he had hit with Andy. Is this old news or Andy is already training?

partygirl
10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it was before Asia, Andy was in San Diego training.

arodfanpe666o
10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I think it was before Asia, Andy was in San Diego training.

Thanks. Well, it was too good to be true.

Heather1229
10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
From tennis.com:

Andy Roddick is hoping to return to the tour next week in Basel. The American retired with a thigh injury at the Shanghai Masters earlier this month.

"The injury is healing nicely and Andy is making the necessary preparations to play in Basel," said Roddick's agent, Ken Meyerson, in an email. It is nothing 100% but crossing my fingers."

He's been in New Orleans with Brooke, so I guess that constitutes preparations?

Deboogle!.
10-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Ken please STFU. No thanks.

arodfanpe666o
10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
At least it is some kind of hope. It would be great If Andy can play in Basel.

Heather1229
10-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, well...wonders never cease, Andy's playing Basel.

tsurupettan
10-29-2010, 10:58 PM
i know, right?

Heather1229
10-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Crazy, he must really, really want to qualify for the WTF. Let's hope he remains healthy.

partygirl
10-30-2010, 01:01 AM
:)

arodfanpe666o
10-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Well, well...wonders never cease, Andy's playing Basel.
Is it sure?

Heather1229
10-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes, it is true, he tweeted he was leaving today for Basel and he's been cleared to play.

arodfanpe666o
10-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Thank you :)

I think this is the right thing, as long as he is not still injured. If he doesn't play, he wont qualify for the WTF. It would be shame if he do not show up in London for 2 consecutive years. He has not played a diecent match in Masters Cup since 2007.

Deboogle!.
10-30-2010, 06:06 PM
His draw :haha: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=171642

Heather1229
10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
that's a super ugly draw...Sam in the first round? :rolleyes:

partygirl
10-30-2010, 09:23 PM
At this point are we really looking at the draw?!:haha:
I hope he can play Roger, that always helps

...me.:p

Deboogle!.
10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Well even if we dont look ahead, we have to look at who he plays first and in this case there's a real possibility he'll lose that match :rolls:

Winston's Human
10-31-2010, 04:19 AM
OTOH, Sam has not done much this fall either.

rudylegh
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Well even if we dont look ahead, we have to look at who he plays first and in this case there's a real possibility he'll lose that match :rolls:

is not Sam in bad shape?

Really Querrey may beat "this" Andy ?

arodfanpe666o
10-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Abosolutely. Sam is capable of beating anyone on fast cout exept Roger and Rafa .

andymo
10-31-2010, 07:09 PM
I agree with you.....

arodfanpe666o
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Andy gets a Wednesday start. Maybe this is a good thing, he gets max days off.

arodfanpe666o
11-02-2010, 06:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ac-7064240

Andy behind Djokovic and Hewitt? WTF? This article is absolutely nonsence.

OnyxRose
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Nole has more time on his side but as of right now, Andy is in front. He's been in the Top 10 for longer than anyone save Federer, he's been #1. I would have put Safin before Hewitt actually.

arodfanpe666o
11-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I think Andy is definetly number three, as far as the time between 2000-2010 is concerned.

Deboogle!.
11-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Hewitt should be ahead of Andy imo. More slams, more time at #1 :shrug:

arodfanpe666o
11-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't think so. The only reason because Andy does not have 3-4 or even more slams is Federer. Andy has more slam finals and more masters titles, and twice more years in top 10.

arodfanpe666o
11-03-2010, 08:50 AM
But whatever...Andy should find a way through today...

illepingis
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
just did a 175kmh winner and that is 108 mph that pretty huge

arodfanpe666o
11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Andy did not played great, but showed ambition. Hope he is healthy.

Heather1229
11-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Woah he won? Totally was expecting a loss, not going to lie! :) I'm glad I was wrong and since Fernando lost, Andy should be in a good position for the WTF!

arodfanpe666o
11-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Golubev up next.

Viky-cro
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
nice win against Golubev, Nalbandian up next... good thing is that all guys behind Andy in ATP race are out of this week's tournaments, so with decent result Andy could be really close to Masters in London

arodfanpe666o
11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Straight sets, it was not unnecessary to get broken, but...this is Andy.

Pop corn match against Nalbandian. I was able to watch David's match against Cilic and he was impressive in the last two sets. Andy is not in-form right now and it will be very hard for him. Hopefully he will be able to get through.

andymo
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2010/11/Basel-2010-Thursday-Interview-Roddick.aspx

Winston's Human
11-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Missed the entire match due to an unexpected meeting, but love the scoreline.

OnyxRose
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Love the scoreline too. It's supposed to replay on TTC so hopefully I can catch it when I get home from work.

andymo
11-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Unbelievable play by Andy...spectacular shots on the run and serving lke a God. Crushed Nalby totally. Played agressively all match.

OnyxRose
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Paris draw is out: http://www.fft.fr/cms/GetDoc.asp?Type=5&ID=15033

Probable Tipsy match-up in R2. Not cool.

tangerine_dream
11-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Running forehand DTL :hearts: :drool:

arodfanpe666o
11-05-2010, 08:37 PM
It is always goood to beat player like Nalbandian. This should gain confidence.

Deboogle!.
11-06-2010, 02:50 AM
just watched the match. pretty good stuff:yeah:

partygirl
11-06-2010, 03:52 AM
i got to watch the last half of the 2nd set....:hearts:

....:drool:too.

arodfanpe666o
11-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Kind of expected...

Deboogle!.
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Paris draw is out: http://www.fft.fr/cms/GetDoc.asp?Type=5&ID=15033

Probable Tipsy match-up in R2. Not cool.Tipsarevic withdrew so it'll be malisse or nieminen :)

arodfanpe666o
11-08-2010, 07:43 AM
This is maybe a good thing. But very though draw. Andy needs to play very well to secure his spot in London

andymo
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48008&id2=47969

Andy will meet Nieminem.:)

OnyxRose
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Good that's not Tipsy (I mean,sucks he withdrew) but Nieminen has been in very good form lately.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2010, 02:23 PM
it's going to be an extremely tough match, he's in good form and won several matches on the surface already. Tipsy was hurt, so if he had played, i don't think it would've been that tough a match for Andy. This is actually harder in some ways

partygirl
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
In robot voice:
"Analyzation. is. futile."

"Roddick will win. or. lose."

"He is. Craptastic."

Deboogle!.
11-08-2010, 11:28 PM
:lol: good ones.

alternatively, if he wins, he will almost surely qualify for london barring something absurd happening with Verdasco

Winston's Human
11-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Nothing says nice and simple like 6-1 6-4.

arodfanpe666o
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes. It is good that Andy got a strightforward match and is getting closer to London.

Deboogle!.
11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
:yeah: people on twitter are saying he's officially qualified now but i don't know why they're saying that.

Andy will play gulbis next?:haha:

arodfanpe666o
11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
If Gulbis is on, it gonna be extrmely tough match. If Andy wins, he will officially qualify. Now Verdasco and Melzer are still in the game - Verdasco has to make the final or Melzer wins the tournament, and Andy falls against Gulbis.

Kate87
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM
:yeah: people on twitter are saying he's officially qualified now but i don't know why they're saying that.

Andy will play gulbis next?:haha:

aka Brad (:

andymo
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Andy is h2h vs Gulbis.

arodfanpe666o
11-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Andy won. Now he qualified, right?

Deboogle!.
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Not 100% for sure yet but almost certainly. Verdasco technically still has a chance if he makes the final or something and Andy loses his next match.

Deboogle!.
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Verdasco just lost so NOW it's official. Pretty damn amazing considering Andy's been mostly sick, injured, and awful since Miami

OnyxRose
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
It really is amazing since so many people dog Andy. He qualified despite having a poor record in the majors and being MIA for a big part of the spring.

Deboogle!.
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
He actually has a chance of doing alright in London depending on who's in his group. He's probably fresher than a lot of those guys since he hasn't played that much lately, and he's playing himself into pretty good form. he hasn't lost to a top 10 player not named fed this year. could be fun.

also Melzer just beat Ferrer so Andy has a chance to qualify higher than 8th...

tsurupettan
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
poor nando, that match was a hot mess. glad for andy tho, i'm kind of happily surprised at how decent he's playing rn despite the injuries and sickness plaguing him beforehand and how he committed himself some more to this fall season to qualify.

Allez-Alejo
11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Big chance to make the finals here....he's pretty clearly playing the 2nd best behind fed right now...him and Djoko being 2a/2b.

Heather1229
11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh I'm really proud of him. I hope he's having a good laugh at all the people who were ready to retire him this summer.

Kate87
11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
London Baby! :D
http://sharetv.org/images/guide/204751.jpg

Baghdatis#1
11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
WD Andy :yeah:

andymo
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Amazing is the word......all those Andy's bashers, they do not know how resilient Andy is. Qualifying for 8 yrs. that is called consistency but we, his fans know all this and love him for it. His stubble right now is out of this world....so handsome and I think, it brings him luck...lol.

partygirl
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
:aparty:Well done old boy!:dog:

...if i may just get ahead of everything and jinx him, Miami & a year end title could equal an unofficial slam.:angel:

arodfanpe666o
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
After such a problematic year, it is a great achievment. If he can put up good results in Paris and London (f.e. 2 semifinals) would be great. And it would be diecent year actually.

Winston's Human
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Singles Group A: Nadal, Djokovic, Berdych, Roddick

Maybe the pornstache is lucky?

arodfanpe666o
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Hope so. Obiously the match against Berdych is a must-win. And with some luck, maybe he can get one win in the other two. But right now, I can not see him winning against Rafa or Djokovic...

Winston's Human
11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I would rather Andy's chances against Nadal and Djokovic than against Federer and Soderling.

The surface will help Andy with Nadal. As for Djokovic, Andy is a little bit in his head and Djokovic may be a little more focused on the upcoming Davis Cup finals than the WTF.

Deboogle!.
11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
OK Andy, who'd you have to pay? He couldn't have asked for a better draw given the potential options.

Fumus
11-16-2010, 02:39 PM
What an awesome group...hopefully Andy can pickup some points and ranking position after all.

Deb, what's the surface like in London? It's not carpet is it? :eek:

partygirl
11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
See you can't say he isn't lucky...sometimes he just shoots luck in the foot. Both feet.

Kate87
11-16-2010, 02:57 PM
OK Andy, who'd you have to pay? He couldn't have asked for a better draw given the potential options.

this:worship:

He deserved some luck after the year he had...now go and make the most of it! :mad: Go Andy! :angel:

and though i'm not Debs but according to atp.com the surface is indoor hard :p

arodfanpe666o
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, luck is nothing if don't make something from it, right?

As for the surface, it is not carpet, I don't think the are ATP tournaments on carpet anymore. Though I did not watch very carefully the WTF las year, I think it is something like Shanghai and Paris.

tangerine_dream
11-16-2010, 04:09 PM
The 'stache is lucky, no? http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z282/go_play_in_traffic_2007/mustache.gif

Winston's Human
11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I wish Andy-Rafa was the early match since I have to be in court Monday afternoon. I hate it when work interferes with my tennis viewing.

andymo
11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Andy vs Nadal Monday evening.

Fumus
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
I just think Andy's record indoors has never been good and I don't think he plays well when the surface is really fast.

I think it will favor everyone else in his group if it's a fast indoor surface...

andymo
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
They say that this surface is not as fast as Bercy.

Fee
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
They always try to keep the WTF surface 'neutral', whatever their definition of that is from year to year. I think the surface is similar to the roll out hardcourt that San Jose uses, but it's probably not as fast.

I'm a lousy predictor, but Andy mostly plays well in England. He's been there a few days, he seems to enjoy London. Maybe being relaxed and having no pressure, no expectations from anyone because of his seeding will be beneficial to him. I would love to see him just relax, have fun, play well, and make the semis.

arodfanpe666o
11-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, as far as motivation is concerned, I do not think motivation has ever been one of Andy's problems. He will give all he's got, that is for sure. That's why for 9 years I'm still fan of him.

partygirl
11-16-2010, 10:07 PM
He was motivated enough to get there which was not a sure thing so.....

andymo
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
http://the-slice.com/2010/11/andy-roddick-art-of-tennis-portrait-revealed/

Mustache is gone.

partygirl
11-17-2010, 01:36 AM
I saw the 2nd mustache pic today.:scratch:
maybe these were taken before?

That jumpsuit is hawt.:haha:

Deboogle!.
11-17-2010, 02:49 AM
and though i'm not Debs sometimes I am not so sure :p

The 'stache is lucky, no? http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z282/go_play_in_traffic_2007/mustache.gif:haha: :scared:

I wish Andy-Rafa was the early match since I have to be in court Monday afternoon. I hate it when work interferes with my tennis viewing.Work interferes with EVERYTHING good in life :p

I just think Andy's record indoors has never been good and I don't think he plays well when the surface is really fast.

I think it will favor everyone else in his group if it's a fast indoor surface...last year, I thought London played fairly slow. But I agree that Andy doesn't play well on SUPER fast conditions.

I'm a lousy predictor, but Andy mostly plays well in England. He's been there a few days, he seems to enjoy London. Maybe being relaxed and having no pressure, no expectations from anyone because of his seeding will be beneficial to him. I would love to see him just relax, have fun, play well, and make the semis.:yeah:

Anyway, andy's 5-0 against the players in his group this year.

Fee
11-17-2010, 05:18 AM
I saw the 2nd mustache pic today.:scratch:
maybe these were taken before?

That jumpsuit is hawt.:haha:

Yeah, I would bet he painted his portrait a few days ago. He had the mustache today, the photo with the paper proves it. He said he was keeping it for two days and I'm sure he will not have it for the group photo tomorrow (and he better not be wearing tennis shoes either).

Fumus
11-17-2010, 03:29 PM
If the surface is comparable to San Jose or something then it should actually suit Andy's game.

I don't think this tournament is really important in terms of prestige and bla bla, I think winning Miami or Indian Wells is a bigger deal. That said if he can make the semis he could jump to number 6 in the rankings...that would be huge for next year...especially for AO.

arodfanpe666o
11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
For me, this tournament is one of the most prestigious. After the Slams, IW, Miami and this one are the biggest imo.

andymo
11-18-2010, 01:14 AM
I agree............

Kate87
11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
:p

in the middle looking good :rolls:

OnyxRose
11-18-2010, 10:12 PM
It's so crazy that Andy has the best fitting outfit.

arodfanpe666o
11-20-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgbvJ9wyrE

Andy said the court is playing slow...Well, I do not like his chances against Rafa on slow court...

AgnRus
11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Larry Stefanki and Alex Corretja chat with Andy Roddick

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Soderling/3-3.jpg

Deboogle!.
11-21-2010, 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgbvJ9wyrE

Andy said the court is playing slow...Well, I do not like his chances against Rafa on slow court...Miami is a pretty slow hardcourt :shrug:

arodfanpe666o
11-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, whatever. If he hist through the ball like in Miami, and has a bit of luck, everything is possible.

Fumus
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Miami is a pretty slow hardcourt :shrug:

Miami is about as slow as they come for HCs.

Yea, as I've said I think slower hardcourts are better for his game. He returns better on it. Some posters have made the dubious distinction that the surface would slow Andy's serve down but I don't think so. The surface isn't clay, it's hard court. The ball bounces the same way it's just you can't really use the court as much to help you. The big hitters won't have any trouble getting the ball through the court, especially on the serve. Who it really hurts are guys whose serve and groundies aren't that big.

Deboogle!.
11-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Blah. same old shit just a new day.

arodfanpe666o
11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Painfully right...

arodfanpe666o
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Andy's interview

R. NADAL/A. Roddick 3-6, 7-6, 6-4

An interview with: ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Good match. You were close. What would you change that that match could go your way toward the end?
ANDY RODDICK: You know, it hinged on the breaker. You know, the two points I feel won him the match were, he hit two really good second serve returns there in the breaker. I was also up 1 0, I hit a backhand cross court as hard as I've ever hit in my life. He was able to put it in play, kind of neutralize it. The next one, I hit a buck 40 down the tee and he hit a passing shot. That's a 2 1 down, 3 0 swing there. That's probably not what will get written about, but that two point swing either way there is massive. He played very well on those points.

Q. Are you seeing new dimensions to his game or is this a good tennis player the same way he was in 2008 or whatever?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I think he's always getting better. But the thing is, I don't think he's ever gotten I mean, everyone thinks of him as topspin or runner. He's always been able to hit well at net. The nuances aren't past him. He plays great slice.

I think, if anything, his serve is probably improving. You know, but if you compare Rafa now to '05, '06, when he was winning the French, it's night and day, him being able to play offensively consistently.

The first time he won the French, I think he retrieved a lot. Now it's a different story with the way he's able to step up, hit the ball, control, dictate play.

Q. So if you weren't obligated to be on the other side of the net, fair to say he's your kind of an athlete, your kind of guy?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, as far as what? Do I think he's cute?

I like the way he goes about his business. Hundred percent effort. He's a student of the game. He appreciates the game. I think he knows the history of the game. And I think, uhm, you know, like I said, I don't think we know each other that well besides just in passing. But just observing the way he goes about his business, I think he does it the right way.

Q. In the first set it seemed like you were faster on the court than at the end. Were you tired or...
ANDY RODDICK: No, I wasn't tired at all. I came out of the gates aggressively and I think it caught him by surprise. He definitely wasn't settled comfortably. He was missing more balls than normal.

I think the difference was he found his range on his forehand in the second and third sets. If anything, if you look at the stats for me, they were better in the second and third sets than they were in the first set. He was able to find his defensive forehand more and wasn't spraying it. That changed the dimension of the rallies a little bit.

Q. You play Berdych next. Are you happy with your form going into that?
ANDY RODDICK: Like I said, I don't feel like I played overwhelmingly better in the first set than I did the other two sets.

I guess to the question, yeah, I mean, I thought I played well tonight. I thought I had a game plan. I thought I executed it. I thought Rafa, you know, scraped out that second set and then was able to use he was better than I was in the third set.

Q. How much did Rafa's serve tonight have to do with the score? Was he serving worse in the first set than the second and third?
ANDY RODDICK: He double faulted a couple times in the first set. I got to think his first serve percentage was low in the first set. I mean, both of ours was. He was below 50%. So he got that up, which means he can get a lot more mid court balls to start the point. Playing against that is another form of water torture. Yeah, I think he served better as it went on. I don't think he served that well in the first set.

Q. You made 17 aces. Do you think the court is slow, like Roger Federer said, slower than Paris Bercy?
ANDY RODDICK: It's not even close Paris to here.

Q. It's very slow. But in any case you made 17 aces.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, well, I mean, I like to think I can hit aces on most courts. Just 'cause a court is slow, if you hit it 140, hit your spot, it's going to be an ace. The rest of the way the rallies are produced after the serve I think has more to do with court speed.

Here to Paris is night and day. It's not even close. I mean, I think people coming from Paris are having a hard time judging the court speed just because of how fast Paris was.

Q. What was the turning point in the match? At which point in the match did you feel like the match was slipping off your hands?
ANDY RODDICK: Uhm, obviously, I mean, it hinged on the second set breaker. I mean, that was it. I mean, I've already addressed where I thought it turned and where I thought it could have been a lot different.

Q. Your first match at the O2. What do you think of the atmosphere and the crowd?
ANDY RODDICK: I thought it was great. I thought it was great. You know, I think we're glad we put a really good product out there tonight. Up until now, I don't feel like two players have played well at the same time during a match.

But it was great. I mean, you know, I think they were cheering for both of us a little bit. But I think the energy was great. It was fun playing tonight.

Q. Do You find it distracting, this kind of atmosphere, this kind of court?
ANDY RODDICK: No. I mean, listen, they pay the money to come watch. We're supposed to put on a show for them. We're supposed to entertain. We're focused on what we do, but the bottom line is if 17,000 people leave here having had a great time, it puts our sport in a better position.

So, you know, we can talk about so much. But at the end of the day, they're the reason we're able to play tennis for a living. So, you know, I think it looks great. I think the energy's good. I think it's the way a World Tour Final should look. It's the best atmosphere I've played in as far as this event goes.

Q. So the music and the sound effects doesn't bother you?
ANDY RODDICK: There was music (smiling)?

OnyxRose
11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Even though he lost the match, at least it still was the best match of this tournament...which isn't saying much.

Fumus
11-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Q. It's very slow. But in any case you made 17 aces.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, well, I mean, I like to think I can hit aces on most courts. Just 'cause a court is slow, if you hit it 140, hit your spot, it's going to be an ace. The rest of the way the rallies are produced after the serve I think has more to do with court speed.

That's exactly what I said before.

Um, this was not a great match, I think it was just more competitive than anything else so far this tourney...imho. I don't really think Andy played the right way. He certainly didn't play as well as he did in Miami(2nd/3rd sets). Also, I'm not sure what this choking stuff is about but he's been doing it more and more lately. He was up a set and a break...forget about the TB. A set and a break should be enough...

arodfanpe666o
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Well, it was enough, now it is not.

arodfanpe666o
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
This is too much. Now I think that actually it was better if he had not qualified.

Raina
11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
This is too much. Now I think that actually it was better if he had not qualified.

exactly! he always does like that, like gives u hope, then destroys it badly!!!:sad:

Deboogle!.
11-24-2010, 09:20 PM
L.O.L.

Sorry that's really all i can muster.

tsurupettan
11-25-2010, 01:07 AM
:lol:

mteee.

arodfanpe666o
11-26-2010, 05:00 PM
So, Nadal won is straights and gave Andy one last chance. But Andy needs a straight sets win against Djokovic - mission impossible in this match. I don't believe that he will get even a set.

I can't believe that this WTF campaign has turned into such a nightmare...

Deboogle!.
11-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Does it even matter? If he manages to beat novak in straights he would just play Roger in the semis.

arodfanpe666o
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe only for prestiege. 0-3 is...and maybe for ranking points...

Heather1229
11-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Andy's going to win the whole thing beating Novak, Roger and then Rafa! You heard it here first folks...;)

arodfanpe666o
11-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah...more likely he will lose in straights and complete his beatdown.

OnyxRose
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
When this whole thing started I hadn't realized that if he got to the semis he would have to play Roger. Bwahaha. I wish he would have won against Berdych so he could have at least one win on the board but I'd much rather see him lose, which he'll probably do and this whole post will be moot.

tsurupettan
11-27-2010, 02:40 AM
i actually can't stop kind of laughing. of course these are the results for group draw he had. :lol: :lol: