College Tennis Forum Request [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

College Tennis Forum Request

Ozone
09-26-2010, 03:12 AM
"The next-best thing from the ATP is NCAA Tennis (http://www.menstennisforums.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=1272262#).
The College Tennis Thread has reached 1000 posts, and we have built up the popularity of our thread over a year now, as we were denied of a Forum last year.

DO NOT VOTE IF YOU SIMPLY DO NOT FOLLOW COLLEGE TENNIS OR YOU OPPOSE THOSE WHO DO FOLLOW IT. Do vote if you think the game and the College Tennis Thread(http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1#post10391680 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=10391680&posted=1#post10391680)) deserves to be upgraded to a forum.

Across the World Wide Web there really is no place that directly has College Tennis Forums. This is MensTennisForums, and that should apply to all phases of male tennis.

We have a Junior Tennis Forum here, but why not a Collegiate Forum? The next step up from Juniors to the Pros is college. Top junior players such as Alex Domijan, are going to college.

Some college players who are currently on the ATP tour are...

Kevin Anderson, Prakash Amritraj, Robert Farah, Simon Aspelin, George Bastl, Benjamin Becker, Mahesh Bhupathi, James Blake, Bob and Mike Bryan, Ryler DeHeart, Amer Delic, Somdev Devvarman, John Isner, Robert Kendrick, Mark Knowles, Jesse Levine, Marcin Matkowski, Todd Paul, Rajeev Ram, Bobby Reynolds, Michael Russel, Ken Skupski, Ryan Sweeting, Izak van der Merwe, Jesse Witten, Michael Yani

A few former collegiate players are...

John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Arthur Ashe, Stan Smith, Patrick McEnroe, Luke Jensen, Justin Gimelstob

Junior Tennis and Exibitions have their own forums. I believe now is the time for a College Tennis Forum..an upgrade to the 1000+ post College Tennis Thread:)

:wavey:

out_here_grindin
09-26-2010, 03:47 AM
100% yes. A college tennis forum is a must. It is all across the nation and it is hard to suffeciently cover the entire nation in one thread. A forum would greatly increase the college tennis coverage on this site.

College tennis is getting better every year. Some very find players in colege now that can compete at the pro level. More and more top Americans are looking to college as a great option.

Also you don' have to be from the USA to follow college tennis. There are a great deal of international players. Top players from some smaller nations choose to go to college. Even if you dont have a team you could follow individuals in the college game:)

straitup
09-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Definitely...I will be around a lot more during the season to start following college tennis, but there has been quite a bit of chatter I think for an "offseason".

Ozone
09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
And Somdev Devvarman wins the Izmir Challenger, back to the top 100

DualMedia
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I voted yes!

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
just had a look at this college tennis thread and the op is the only on who ever posts in it, so no. No one gives a shit about college tennis anyway

Ozone
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
just had a look at this college tennis thread and the op is the only on who ever posts in it, so no. No one gives a shit about college tennis anyway
We o have a juniors and exibitions forums on here though. I think some people like you may care as much about those as they do college tennis.

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
We o have a juniors and exibitions forums on here though. I think some people like you may care as much about those as they do college tennis.

no exhibitions are much more important like hopman cup,kooyong etc. Top players play there, resluts are important and alot of people post there when exhos are happening. As for college tennis, you are really the only one interested. No one cares about American upstarts who wont turn pro..you will also account for half the post there. College tennis will waste valuable forum space :)

i advice all others to vote no on this poll. Forum space can be used for better things ;)

Ozone
09-29-2010, 01:43 AM
no exhibitions are much more important like hopman cup,kooyong etc. Top players play there, resluts are important and alot of people post there when exhos are happening. As for college tennis, you are really the only one interested. No one cares about American upstarts who wont turn pro..you will also account for half the post there. College tennis will waste valuable forum space :)

i advice all others to vote no on this poll. Forum space can be used for better things ;)
Fine, your opinion. But there are over a hundred current professionals that played college tennis that are on the tour now. So yes, college players do turn pro.

out_here_grindin
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't see why college tennis forum is more of a waste of space than say the Slovakian tennis player forum. There are many more current and former college players in the pro rankings than slovakians in the pro rankings.

Sapeod
09-29-2010, 09:14 PM
No.

out_here_grindin
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
A lot of the best players from a smaller country play in college tennis. Jaak Poldmaa of Estonia is an example.

The strength of college tennis is growing. Not only are top American juniors now going to college to play but international players that already have pro experience and have ATP rankings in the top 1000.

DualMedia
09-30-2010, 01:33 AM
I love College tennis!

out_here_grindin
09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Just to illustrate the diversity of college tennis I looked at the players in the ITA top 125, and the countries they are from:

35 countries in total are represented

players from each:

51: USA
11: Germany
8: UK
4: Brazil, France, India
3: Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands
2: Romania, Belguim, Belarus, Croatia, Sweden, Slovenia, Italy
1: Canada, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Colombia, Tunisia, South Africa, Estonia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Israel, Norway, Japan, Hungary, Finland, Russia, Denmark, Guatemala

Baghdatis#1
09-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes! :D
Also Theodoros Angelinos played NCAA Tennis! :cool:

KarlyM
09-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Yes. If there's a junior tennis forum, then there should be one for college tennis too. ;)

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Yes. If there's a junior tennis forum, then there should be one for college tennis too. ;)

not really junior tennis is more specific and not just for college. Look there are only 3 people who actually post there. Its taken more than a year to get 1000 posts. A thread is more than fine. College tennis does not need a sub forum!!

Ozone
10-02-2010, 01:55 PM
This was posted by Audacity, an Australian, in our thread over a month of so ago.

A little but off-topic, but why hasn't College Tennis got it's own sub-forum? In my eyes, 800+ posts over a time span of just under one year is enough evidence to support this.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-03-2010, 05:51 AM
This was posted by Audacity, an Australian, in our thread over a month of so ago.

hmmm like Audacity (good poster). I guess this helps your case.

good luck

out_here_grindin
10-04-2010, 03:02 AM

Agree. Especially since some top juniors go to college instead of directly going pro. Its a good way to follow thier careers before the enter the pro tour.

docking34
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
College tennis forum is needed here to properly discuss the materials for collegiate sports. Everyone else has their own so why not one for college? Vote Yes, I did.

DartMarcus
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes.

scoobs
12-20-2010, 02:44 PM
A sub-forum for college tennis has been created

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1360

:cool: