Why are almost all of the threads discussing only............... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why are almost all of the threads discussing only...............

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Fedal, predictions of GS results next year, WTF, and where Fedal are in terms of the greatest of all time? Why is everything on here so driven by only the top 2-5 players (and Del Potro)? They aren't playing this week, so I sort of don't get why no-one is focusing on other things. Davis Cup, several challengers, tournaments coming up next week. Most of the people on this forum seem like player fans, not tennis fans. What gives? There surely are different things that can be discussed and thought of outside of the same things over and over.

Tennisman82
09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, the USO just ended on Monday in splendid historical fashion, people are still coming to terms with it.

Tennisman82.

Action Jackson
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
What do you expect flyboy. It won't happen as the ghastly amount of tards, gloryhunters outnumber the others. Tyranny of the majority.

paseo
09-15-2010, 02:54 PM
It's just normal. The most popular persons or events get talked about the most. It's like that everywhere.

And as for Davis cup and Challengers, I don't know about everyone else here, but where I'm at, they don't show those on tv. Hell, they don't even show our own davis cup team playing at the nation's capitol! Pathetic.

anticaria
09-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Fedal, predictions of GS results next year, WTF, and where Fedal are in terms of the greatest of all time? Why is everything on here so driven by only the top 2-5 players (and Del Potro)? They aren't playing this week, so I sort of don't get why no-one is focusing on other things. Davis Cup, several challengers, tournaments coming up next week. Most of the people on this forum seem like player fans, not tennis fans. What gives? There surely are different things that can be discussed and thought of outside of the same things over and over.

let's see.. it's been only 2 days since rafa won the us open, an event many on here claimed he'd never win as long as hard-court aces such as nole and murray were still around.. yet he wins the whole thing only dropping one set and becomes the youngest player in the open era to complete a career slam and yet you want folks to discuss davis cup????? for real?

Action Jackson
09-15-2010, 02:56 PM
It's just normal. The most popular persons or events get talked about the most. It's like that everywhere.

And as for Davis cup and Challengers, I don't know about everyone else here, but where I'm at, they don't show those on tv. Hell, they don't even show our own davis cup team playing at the nation's capitol! Pathetic.

No, it's normal that most on here have a very narrow perspective on the tennis world and Nadal fans want to gloat as well.

Johnny Groove
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
We should be discussing Jeff Tarango's return to the tour in USA F23 :p

nalbyfan
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
ATP is NOT only 2 players (Fed and Nadal) but at least 1000 players....Why beeing obsessed by 2 players ??? it's a non sens, sports competition needs more than 2 people.to exist

Action Jackson
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
We should be discussing Jeff Tarango's return to the tour in USA F23 :p

Dani Koellerer, King Oscar, Tomas Behrend, Muster's comeback, Gaudio's retirement.

fabolous
09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
hope it will calm down in a few days, but of course people are running wild right now. btw you take GM too seriously, flyboy.

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
The problem is mainly Rafatards. They are trying to push Nadal into the GOAT discussion. A claycourter with a bunch of nice hard court titles. Who gives a crap. He won't be in discussion until he wins at least 14. Good luck. Rafa won't win more than 1 slam next year and that'd should be his career. Body starts breaking down, people start moaning again. ..

nastoff
09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Pere Riba will give Rafa problems in next year's le French, unique talent...can still catch him in action today.

Audacity
09-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Because 90% of MTF's population are gloryhunters.

nastoff
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM
The problem is mainly Rafatards. They are trying to push Nadal into the GOAT discussion. A claycourter with a bunch of nice hard court titles. Who gives a crap. He won't be in discussion until he wins at least 14. Good luck. Rafa won't win more than 1 slam next year and that'd should be his career. Body starts breaking down, people start moaning again. ..

you're getting into the same stupid discussion you're supposed to be bashing...:rolleyes:
Who else has 4 non-clay grand slam titles from the current players? Federer is one, who else?
So your argument is already defeated.

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 03:23 PM
you're getting into the same stupid discussion you're supposed to be bashing...:rolleyes:

I am sorry. I didn't get into any discussion. There are facts. and then there is BS. I only understand the language of facts. And what I said is true. 95% of MTF are Rafatards. I have counted every freaking comment since the past week. It's all Rafa Rafa Rafa Rafa. I am sick and tired of it. Talk about the moon. Talk about a crippled mule. I don't care. But enough is enough. Why not change MTF to NTF or Nadal tennis forum. They might as well.

nastoff
09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm talking about not giving Nadal credit...that takes you on the same level with the Rafatards.

tennizen
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
No one is preventing you from starting other threads. If you want to discuss something else bring it up yourself.No point moaning about something you have no control over.

Action Jackson
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
flyboy, GM is a cesspool sadly. The Oscar Hernandez thread was fun which was rare on GM a balance of fun/seriousness.

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm talking about not giving Nadal credit...that takes you on the same level with the Rafatards.

Not giving Nadal credit? What do I care about Nadal? I don't have to give anyone credit.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
flyboy, GM is a cesspool sadly. The Oscar Hernandez thread was fun which was rare on GM a balance of fun/seriousness.

Yeah, the Oscar thread is fun. It's cool that he knows about the King nickname, supposedly. But, yeah, we've talked about this before, when I came on this forum, I thought it was a place to discuss tennis and the ins and outs of the game, but it's really not that way. I definitely didn't expect as many gloryhunter tardish bandwagon fans. I still like this site, but it's just a bit different than what I thought I was coming to, maybe a bit disappointing.

Johnny Groove
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
flyboy, you just need to look for diamonds in the rough of GM. There is still some good discussion to be had.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
No one is preventing you from starting other threads. If you want to discuss something else bring it up yourself.No point moaning about something you have no control over.

I wasn't moaning, I really don't care either way, I'll easily just ignore GM and that's it, until something different comes up. It's more of a question than anything else, questioning whether anyone has anything different in mind, wondering if anyone focused on anything outside of the same subjects. It is what it is, I don't really care, it's just a computer forum.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
flyboy, you just need to look for diamonds in the rough of GM. There is still some good discussion to be had.

I know, you seem really cool personally. There are a lot of cool and knowledgeable people, but they are overrun by the trolls, because obviously they are attention seekers. The discussions about WTF and Fedal are all cool, but it's nice to talk about something else also, change it up a bit.

I guess I would be a little less annoyed if these discussions all didn't end up with Rafa sucks or Roger needs to retire, things like that. That's the sort of funny part, you know where it's all headed.

River
09-15-2010, 03:52 PM
We're all tards to a point for a certain player.

Though, since it's Rafa, it'll always be like this. Same goes for Federer. The two have a huge fanbase, so it's obvious that when either win something, the more asshole-ish fans will come out in full-swing and gloat like they themselves won the title, lmao.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
let's see.. it's been only 2 days since rafa won the us open, an event many on here claimed he'd never win as long as hard-court aces such as nole and murray were still around.. yet he wins the whole thing only dropping one set and becomes the youngest player in the open era to complete a career slam and yet you want folks to discuss davis cup????? for real?

I agree with all of this, but there are other players outside of Rafa. This isn't Nadal tennis forum. The opening up new threads about Nadal of the same exact subjects that one can just search for and continue is ridiculous. Because tennis never stops, tournament last week, Davis Cup this week, tournaments next week, worlds moving while some are spinning in circles.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm talking about not giving Nadal credit...that takes you on the same level with the Rafatards.That's also very true. A lot of haters, tearing Fedal down, why hate instead of celebrate, we are watching two of the best players of our time (Rafa and Roger), cherish the moment, because it's not gonna be around too much longer.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
But hey, everyone can discuss what they please, I'm not gonna be a debbie downer, do what your heart's content.

Everko
09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Because its a big deal.

philosophicalarf
09-15-2010, 04:34 PM
It's a sport. Most sports fans are like this.

Everko
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
It's a sport. Most sports fans are like this.

true. Everyone always talks about Real Madrid and Barca only

MacTheKnife
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I always just cut out for a while after a major and let the tards and gloryhunters settle down, then come back after a while. This is my first time here since Sunday.. See it's not time yet..:lol: Back later..

star
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I always just cut out for a while after a major and let the tards and gloryhunters settle down, then come back after a while. This is my first time here since Sunday.. See it's not time yet..:lol: Back later..

You know when Federer fans were rocking the boards after his victories, I just stayed out of the way and let them have their fun and enjoy the moment of their guy having won.

These moments are fleeting. They should be enjoyed.

And in case somebody missed it: Rafa achieved something not ever achieved to this point in tennis history. The closest to it is Laver who won RG Wimby and the USO two times in a row many years apart, but did it on two surfaces only. I don't put Rafa in Laver's class, but this is a stunning achievement. I've watched tennis for a long, long time and to me it's stunning. I never expected it. Never. It's a brilliant achievement. And obviously, I'm thrilled that Rafa was the one to do it!

out_here_grindin
09-15-2010, 05:04 PM
It's only been two days and since there are no ATP events going on there are no new result threads to discuss. Things will settle down once the Davis Cup rubbers get started on Friday. There are challengers going on but those usually don't get much discussion, unfortunately unless something weird happens or a popular joke player loses again.

nadal_slam_king
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I can't wait to see the Australian Open! It has the most interesting rallies of all the slams, and an awesome-looking court :yeah:

Serenidad
09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
What do you expect when you still have people on here who believe Roddick will win a slam? :spit:

70% of posters don't know anyone outside of the top 50, and that's a stretch.

Brands needs more recognition.

Manequin75
09-15-2010, 07:30 PM
ATP is NOT only 2 players (Fed and Nadal) but at least 1000 players....Why beeing obsessed by 2 players ??? it's a non sens, sports competition needs more than 2 people.to exist

you are kidding right? :)

oranges
09-15-2010, 07:51 PM
you are kidding right? :)

If it weren't for that genious sig, I'd think you were being facetious. :o

paseo
09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, the Oscar thread is fun. It's cool that he knows about the King nickname, supposedly. But, yeah, we've talked about this before, when I came on this forum, I thought it was a place to discuss tennis and the ins and outs of the game, but it's really not that way. I definitely didn't expect as many gloryhunter tardish bandwagon fans. I still like this site, but it's just a bit different than what I thought I was coming to, maybe a bit disappointing.

He does? I gotta find that thread.

As for GM, maybe I'm the minority, or even the only one, I like GM. Tards gloating, tards bashing, trolling, name calling, sarcastic remarks, etc. sometimes there are some really funny posts here. It's a jungle, but it's fun. Don't get me wrong, though, I also like the serious threads that gives good information. But I gotta admit, most of the time I come here to have fun and have a laugh :D Don't hate me for it, please...

Bottom line : serious or fun, still love MTF :yeah:

leng jai
09-16-2010, 12:37 AM
98% of MTF only care about glory hunting and trivial off court antics. Anytime you try to make a thread that actually talks about tennis, you'll struggle to get 100 posts in a month. Post some random bullcrap thread about a press conference quote taken out of context and you'll have 500 replies in a few days.

Action Jackson
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM

98% of MTF only care about glory hunting and trivial off court antics. Anytime you try to make a thread that actually talks about tennis, you'll struggle to get 100 posts in a month. Post some random bullcrap thread about a press conference quote taken out of context and you'll have 500 replies in a few days.

Yes, it exists but leng jai described the reality.

BigJohn
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM

It's not about the size of the thread...

Puschkin
09-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Pere Riba will give Rafa problems in next year's le French, unique talent...can still catch him in action today.
:topic: I noticed that he is on the alternates list for Vienna, and I thought he might be worth having a look at. I am not sure if I'll manage though, as I will be out of town for some days during that week.

careergrandslam
09-16-2010, 06:46 AM
all threads should be about rafa because he is the biggest thing in world sports right now.

brent-o
09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Dani Koellerer, King Oscar, Tomas Behrend, Muster's comeback, Gaudio's retirement.

Muster's coming back?! How did I miss this story?

BigJohn
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
all threads should be about rafa because he is the biggest thing in world sports right now.

There is a place where you can find that kind of environment: the Rafa forum. It exists for a reason...

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
It's been now 8 days and almost all of the threads are still, in some way, discussing either:

1)Nadal

2)Roger

3)Who will win _______ major, who would have won ____________ if ______________, why didn't ____________ win more majors.

4)Murray

5)Djokovic

So yeah, thinking that some of you were right, and everything just needed time to settle down, it's the same thing still. Some of you have an extremely narrow view of the tennis world. But whatever, sort of just wanted to test it out and see how everything would go down in a weeks time, what's happening now is what I expected.

Action Jackson
09-21-2010, 11:43 AM
What do you expect.

gulzhan
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
It's been now 8 days and almost all of the threads are still, in some way, discussing either:

1)Nadal

2)Roger

3)Who will win _______ major, who would have won ____________ if ______________, why didn't ____________ win more majors.

4)Murray

5)Djokovic

So yeah, thinking that some of you were right, and everything just needed time to settle down, it's the same thing still. Some of you have an extremely narrow view of the tennis world. But whatever, sort of just wanted to test it out and see how everything would go down in a weeks time, what's happening now is what I expected.

There were two threads about Kazakstan DC team ;)

Start da Game
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
why don't you open different threads and encourage people to post in there then? i fired off the below thread and see the heartwarming response to it........

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=162666

you only sell what people want to buy.......the bigger the players, the better the discussions.......people do not have time to find out how many trademark slapforehands muster hit in the set he managed to win in the challenger round this week.......

tennis like any other sport is carried forward by its stars, no wonder that people discuss 90% of the time about the stalwarts of the game.......that doesn't mean they(exclude the tards and gloryhunters) lack knowledge about the game and the lesser players.......

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
What do you expect.
What I'm seeing now, is what I expect now.

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
There were two threads about Kazakstan DC team ;)

Yeah, I created the first one. It actually got good discussion and replies, but now that Davis Cup is over, you don't see anyone even discussing Serbia-France. Right back to the same routine.

Start da Game
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
What do you expect.

enough with this kind of self proclaimed superiority hinting stuff already.......people are free to talk about whoever they want unless they insult you or me and your or my favorite players.......

keep hating nadal fans though, you are being fast figured out by people who hold good opinion of you and your knowledge over the game.......

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
why don't you open different threads and encourage people to post in there then? i fired off the below thread and see the heartwarming response to it........

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=162666

you only sell what people want to buy.......the bigger the players, the better the discussions.......people do not have time to find out how many trademark slapforehands muster hit in the set he managed to win in the challenger round this week.......

tennis like any other sport is carried forward by its stars, no wonder that people discuss 90% of the time about the stalwarts of the game.......that doesn't mean they(exclude the tards and gloryhunters) lack knowledge about the game and the lesser players.......
The problem is, a large percentage of these individuals are tards and gloryhunters.

You got 20 replies. I made a few threads, got some decent replies, but as soon as everything got back to "normal", these same things pop up. If I made a "Rafa said Roger has a big nose", I'd probably get 20 replies within an hour and a half. In fact, many people admittedly say they only follow the top players. Rafa, Roger, Murray, Nole, JMDP, Nalbandian, Soderling, and that's pretty much it in terms of active players. Then a few retired players like Sampras or Agassi. Same discussions, same players, same discussions with different names. The way I look at it, if you really love the sport of tennis, you can find time to check out the challenger thread to see if Muster won. Or you can check ATP tennis.com to see if a young up-and-comer is having good results. Tennis is more than just a few players, without the other 98 in the top 100, there is no Fedal, and I can go on from there.

But like I said previously, I'm not going to whine about it, everyone can do what they want to do, and quite frankly I don't care much. I just know what to expect now.

Action Jackson
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
The problem is, a large percentage of these individuals are tards and gloryhunters.

But like I said previously, I'm not going to whine about it, everyone can do what they want to do, and quite frankly I don't care much. I just know what to expect now.

Roddickdominator summed it up perfectly. Basically you got a bunch of starfuckers, gloryhunters and tards who don't have a clue or want to understand about the game outside of their immediate top players they love.

Next of all, with this that they denigrate anything outside that sphere because it's something they can't comprehend that people like the sport for what it is and not "the whole my grandfather is tougher than yours:, so the circle continues and the same shit regurgitated.

Automatically they think anything before Fedal is shit, because they want to apply and can only apply the standards now to a previous period when it's not possible at all.

Start da Game
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM

You got 20 replies. I made a few threads, got some decent replies, but as soon as everything got back to "normal", these same things pop up. If I made a "Rafa said Roger has a big nose", I'd probably get 20 replies within an hour and a half. In fact, many people admittedly say they only follow the top players. Rafa, Roger, Murray, Nole, JMDP, Nalbandian, Soderling, and that's pretty much it in terms of active players. Then a few retired players like Sampras or Agassi. Same discussions, same players, same discussions with different names. The way I look at it, if you really love the sport of tennis, you can find time to check out the challenger thread to see if Muster won. Or you can check ATP tennis.com to see if a young up-and-comer is having good results. Tennis is more than just a few players, without the other 98 in the top 100, there is no Fedal, and I can go on from there.

okay....

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Roddickdominator summed it up perfectly. Basically you got a bunch of starfuckers, gloryhunters and tards who don't have a clue or want to understand about the game outside of their immediate top players they love.

Next of all, with this that they denigrate anything outside that sphere because it's something they can't comprehend that people like the sport for what it is and not "the whole my grandfather is tougher than yours:, so the circle continues and the same shit regurgitated.

Automatically they think anything before Fedal is shit, because they want to apply and can only apply the standards now to a previous period when it's not possible at all.Pretty much it in a nutshell.

Filo V.
09-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Player fans v fans of the game.