USOpen 2010: Djokovic on court interview to Serbian journalists right after defeat [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USOpen 2010: Djokovic on court interview to Serbian journalists right after defeat

tnosugar
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Google translated from Serbian

U.S. Open: Interview with Novak after the final

Five minutes after the ceremony ended, Novak was already prepared for a meeting with journalists. Many of them are still coming back from their positions at Arthur Ashe Stadium, so we had a few seconds to talk. Press conferences usually start much later, but after this match and the end of the tournament, Novak said with a smile that he wanted everything to end soon and to begin to think about returning to Belgrade. After talks in English, our delegation of journalists approached the podium Novak ...

How do you feel after this match and this tournament?

As we do this interview after the defeat, there is of course strand for the final, and certainly I am disappointed that could not raise the trophy here in New York. Analysing 2 weeks here, I have to be satisfied provided because I really felt very good on the ground and I played aggressively, that's what I was characterized last few years. Proudly raised his head and can see the last 2 weeks and to turn new challenges and patiently waiting for the next opportunity. Commitment to the sport will always be the maximum because I want to achieve their life objectives to be number one in the world.

Where was the turning point tonight?

It is hard to say, probably the third set, he played very well in their service gemove. Advanced in this element of his game, it really is visible. Since only three weeks ago, for example, in Toronto and Cincinnati could not serve more than 115 or 120 miles per hour, and now serves an average of 120 or 125th With a basic line has always been phenomenal and deserved to win vecears. I have nothing to say but to congratulate Nadal in the phenomenal tournament, deserved to win. Emphasize again that I had a great tournament, but when you play someone on such a high level and when you win in this way, you have to stisense hands and say that it is better.

In a few days and wait for Davis Cup ...

So be very inconvenient, because the time difference, get used to the new time zone, what there is. It is waiting for me, I played the final here with a smile and can go back to their earth with another trophy. I hope that I will be ready for the semi-final match with the Czechs. I am in regular contact with colleagues from the team, if I had a chance to recover physically and psychologically, we have a good chance to get out as winners.

You are the evening raised the level of their game, whether it is Nadal raised his? Do you think it could have been even better to play?

It is difficult to assess at this time, he will better tell how he felt on the ground. I think this is one of the best matches on hard court that he ever played. I am raised his level of play, especially when I won the second set and made the pressure against it. I have not tried all ways mecom Create in control, it is all very well presented.

How do you think our fans tonight?

Great indeed, all the greetings and sincere thanks to everyone who supported me tonight, especially our fans. We had a group up sjanu not ceased to cheer me, and because of these people have played the match to end.

After you won the title here, maybe to help the Davis Cup title?

God will give ...