Slam predictions for 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Slam predictions for 2011

Topspindoctor
09-15-2010, 03:43 AM
AO: 2011

Winner: Federer

Reason: Nadal will probably be in clown mode after USO win and won't be as motivated. Federer will be eager to reassert himself on the big stage and prove to everyone he can still win slams. The SF loss in USO will be a huge motivator, I think.

RG: 2011

Winner: Nadal

Reason: Nadal will be anxious to defend his points and will have motivation this time to equal Borg's RG count.

Wimbledon: 2011

Reason: Nadal will once again be anxious to defend his points and capture his favorite grand slam for the third time. Since nobody can play on grass except declining Federer, this Wimbledon is practically a lock.

USO: 2011

Winner: Djokovic

Reason: Djokovic will gather some momentum during HC season and will be extra motivated by his 2010 run. He will work on his fitness and will capture his second grand slam at Flushing Meadows.

shiaben
09-15-2010, 03:54 AM
I know this thread was made out of boredom :D

But assuming injuries are non-existent and based on player's current forms.
I'll take a random stab. But of course my evaluation will change 1 week before these slams.

I think after this U.S. Open loss, he's going to come back hard, and attempt another run. Assuming he's consistent that is. I think Nadal will either lose in the tournament, or he will retire, I think his body will be down during this period, unless somehow it's injuryproof for another 10 months or so. I think Federer will make another close run, and probably lose to Djokovic in a rematch or in the finals.

I don't see anyone really defeating Nadal here.

I think Federer will defeat Nadal here. I think it will be another rematch.
He will be motivated after failing to win the first two.

I think Djokovic will take this. I liked his hard court game.

But, unfortunately, this thread will become a waste once those tournaments are about to start.
Because my favorites to win or place as runner up will change 100%, because we will witness injuries, inconsistencies, and other forms of feedback to tell us whose more probably to reach those spots.

vn01
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Australian Open 2011 Nadal/Djokovic
French Open 2011 Nadal/Del Potro
Wimbledon 2011 Nadal/Federer
US Open 2011 Del Potro/Djokovic

nastoff
09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
AO:Nadal, RG:Nadal, WIM: Nadal and of course USO:Nadal :p

he will have 7 consecutive slams, will struggle a bit in AO and WIM though :p

Federer will continue to decline, Del Potro won't recover fully, Djokovic' form will drop, Roddick will stop being a factor anywhere, Murray will have another slamless year and Soderling will take no 4 but nothing more.

Nobody else is playing tennis.

Oh yeah Marat Safin will return to tennis - selected tournaments only - and make semis of USO, beating Federer on the way :)
He will be the second most mentally strong player on the tour after Rafa...Santoro will return playing doubles at Wimbledon ( with Benneteau ) & mixed doubles ( with Kournikova ).

Martina Hingis will play an exhibition with Paul Henri Matthieu and beat him in 3 close sets - she will save 5 MP's, marking a rekindling of the "battle of the sexes" argument.

nastoff
09-15-2010, 10:09 AM
wishful thinking that Federer will recover :p

zero chance. chaps...maybe if Rafa gets mono, he will then be losing to Djokovic and Murray...oh and Montanes will beat him again...Granollers-Pujol to beat Federer in 2011 on clay.

ossie
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
ao: rafa
rg: rafa
wimbly: rafa
uso: del potro/rafa

paseo
09-15-2010, 10:25 AM
AO : Fed/Murray
RG : Nadal, no doubt whatsoever!!
Wimbledon : Fed
USO : Murray. Yes, I'm saying Murray will win USO11. Book it!

born_on_clay
09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
AO: del Potro
RG: Nadal
W: Nadal
USO: del Potro

Action Jackson
09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Nadal win 4 calendar Slams in a row.

Ben.
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
AO:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Murray
RG:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Soderling
W:Rafa/Federer/Murray
USO:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Murray/del Potro

Probably the exact same predictions that I would have made for this year, aside from having a bit more faith in Djokovic. I would be very suprised if anyone other than these guys won one of the slams, though remains to be seen if Berdych can continue his form he had this year up to Wimbledon.

Elena.
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Why keep asking ? It's gonna be the same s*** with Rogie or Rafa winning all the Slams,actually more Rafa than Rogie,yeah all to Rafito and no new Slam winners !

Quakes
09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
AO: Nadal over Djokovic
Rafa Slam.

FO: Nadal over Del Potro
Del Potro recovery is complete during clay season.

WMB: Del Potro over Federer/Nadal
Del Potro pulls stunner at Wimby with epic ball-bashing.

USO: Federer over Del Potro
Del Potro appears unstoppable on HC until a well-rested Fed exacts surprise revenge with spectacularly improved net game.

doooma6816
09-15-2010, 01:11 PM
AO Rafa/Federer/Djokovic
RG Rafa
W Rafa/Federer/Del Potro
US Del Potro/Rafa/Djokovic/Federer

Topspindoctor
09-15-2010, 01:14 PM
People actually think Del Potro is a threat on grass now :eek: I guess we'll see next year, though I still say his movement isn't good enough and he's not a very good net player.

Duncan
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Aus... Murray/Djok
French... Nadal
Wimbledon... Nadal
US Open... Federer/Murray/Del Potro

kronus12
09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Del potro for australian open because the courts made for his powerful forehand.
Nadal of course for the french.
Wimbledon Federer
Us open Del Potro for me again.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I expect Roger and Rafa to share the four titles, but it is way too early to predict, and anything can and will happen between now and the AO, let alone the rest of next year. Just too early to ask this question, none of us can predict the future.

ufiors
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
rankings 2011
1) FEDERER
2)DJOKOVIC
3)NADAL
4)DEL POTRO

AUSTRALIAN OPEN WINNER: FEDERER
ROLAND GARROS WINNER: NADAL
WIMBLEDON WINNER: FEDERER
US OPEN WINNER: FEDERER B. NADAL 6-7 6-2 6-4 6-4

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 02:06 PM
AO 2010: Murray beats Djokovic
Roland Garros: Delpotro Beats Nadal
Wimbledon: Murray Defeats Federer
US Open: Djokovic beats Del Potro

Frooty_Bazooty
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
AO:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Murray
RG:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Soderling
W:Rafa/Federer/Murray
USO:Rafa/Federer/Djokovic/Murray/del Potro

Probably the exact same predictions that I would have made for this year, aside from having a bit more faith in Djokovic. I would be very suprised if anyone other than these guys won one of the slams, though remains to be seen if Berdych can continue his form he had this year up to Wimbledon.

wow, you're really going out on a limb, those are some bold predictions!

JolánGagó
09-15-2010, 02:09 PM
AO: Nadal
USO: Nadal

in 2011 as well as 2012 and 13.

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
AO: Nadal
USO: Nadal

in 2011 as well as 2012 and 13.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Sophocles
09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Del Potro has a long way to go before he's coming close to winning Wimbledon. Nadal improved on grass very quickly but it remains to be seen whether Del Po can do the same.

Tennisman82
09-15-2010, 02:43 PM

Winner: Federer

Reason: Nadal will probably be in clown mode after USO win and won't be as motivated. Federer will be eager to reassert himself on the big stage and prove to everyone he can still win slams. The SF loss in USO will be a huge motivator, I think.

I think Nadal will be very very motivated and inspired for AO 2011 (at least, I hope he will be), because he’s got a shot at a non-calendar year Grand Slam. That is absolutely huge and will have enormous legacy implications. But with that said...I don’t think Nadal is good enough to win two hardcourt slams in a row, and I think the pressure will get to him. I think Djokovic will win the AO and start off the year with a great rebound.

Reason: Nadal will be anxious to defend his points and will have motivation this time to equal Borg's RG count.

Not much to say here, barring injury Nadal will win the FO, probably won't drop a set again.

Reason: Nadal will once again be anxious to defend his points and capture his favorite grand slam for the third time. Since nobody can play on grass except declining Federer, this Wimbledon is practically a lock.

Definitely Nadal assuming no injuries. He's as confident on grass as he is on clay.

Reason: Djokovic will gather some momentum during HC season and will be extra motivated by his 2010 run. He will work on his fitness and will capture his second grand slam at Flushing Meadows.

Don't see Nadal repeating his USO success, unless another soft draw falls upon him. As great as he played his weaknesses were still exposed during the fortnight.

I can see Federer taking it. Roger is just so comfortable on this type of hardcourt it's crazy. He's made more consecutive USO finals than Nadal has FO finals!

This discussion is obviously uber-speculative, but 2011 should be another year full of surprises...

Tennisman 82.

tyruk14
09-15-2010, 02:48 PM
AO : Nadal
FO : Nadal
WIM: Murray
USO: Del Potro

Jaz
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Murray will never win Wimbledon. He doesn't play well under pressure.

Hellraiser
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
AO: Murray
RG: Ferrer
WIM: Fish
USO: Murray

Apophis
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Australian: Murray
French: Nadal
Wimbledon: Nadal
US Open: Federer

Commander Data
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
AO: Federer/Nadal
FO: Nadal
W: Federer
US: Murray (changing of the guard, 2012 Del Potro and murray will dominate, Fed will fail at olympics)

smoll
09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
AO: Jamie Baker
FO: Igor Sijsling
W: Eric Prodon
US: Jiri Vesely

Everko
09-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Australia: Djokovic
French: Nadal(without losing a set)
Wimbledon: Nadal
US Open: A big surprise

Sillyrabbit
09-15-2010, 06:07 PM
AO- Del Potro
RG- Del Potro only losing 6 games in the entire tourney
Wimbledon- Roddick
US Open- Del Potro, only dropping 6 games again and serving a combined 120 aces on his way to the finals.

ImmzB
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Australian Open: R.Nadal / N.Djokovic

French Open: R.Nadal

Wimbledon: R.Nadal / R.Gasquet

US Open: R.Nadal / N.Djokovic / J.M.Del Potro

Ibracadabra
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Del potro is a better net player than people will admit, during his golden run on the us hardcourts last year he was serving and volleying quite abit for todays tennis. He will make a run at wimbledon one year. Whether he can win it is another question

ufiors
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM
US OPEN 2011 FINAL

ROGER FEDERER b. RAFAEL NADAL 6-7 6-2 6-4 6-4

SheepleBuster
09-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Del potro is a better net player than people will admit, during his golden run on the us hardcourts last year he was serving and volleying quite abit for todays tennis. He will make a run at wimbledon one year. Whether he can win it is another question

Del Potro is all hope tennis has left. Unless Murray and Djokovic can pick up their game in grand slams. Novak almost got knocked out in the 1st round and semis of US open. He is just too inconsistent these days and does not play smart. Murray is meh. Still jinxed by Reed. Cilic is the biggest disappointment. I thought he could be a contender but ...

Sapeod
09-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Australian Open: Murray
Roland Garros: Probably Nadal, hopefully Soderling.
Wimbledon Championships: Federer
United States Open: Del Potro

sheva07
AO: Djokovic
FO: Nadal
WIM: Federer
USO: Del Potro

SheepleBuster
US OPEN 2011 FINAL

ROGER FEDERER b. RAFAEL NADAL 6-7 6-2 6-4 6-4

What kind of sick joke is this? Do you really think Nadal will reach another final in US?

MalwareDie
09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Australian Open: Andy Murray
Roland Garros: Robin Soderling
Wimbledon: Roger Federer
US Open: Roger Federer

delpiero7
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
People actually think Del Potro is a threat on grass now :eek: I guess we'll see next year, though I still say his movement isn't good enough and he's not a very good net player.

He's never had a chance to make a run on grass because he's only played one Wimbledon since his emergence onto the big stage in 2008, losing to a player who excels on grass. Also, he's not lost to any 'mugs' on grass at all in his career (losses to Federer, Nadal, Hewitt, Ferrer, Wawrinka and Karlovic). With a biggish serve and those huge groundies, he could blast a lot of players into submission on the green clay.

LaFuria
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM

He is overall game improved tremendously last year. The one dimensional ball basher from the beginning of the year never would have won the US Open. There's no reason he can't be an above average grass player, if he can find consistency in his serve technique he could be a potential contender at Wimbledon. This is assuming he fully recovers from the injury that is. He's a notoriously slow starter even without being injured so I don't expect him to be a serious threat until the second half of the season.

Djokovic needs to start the year motivated, this could be his last chance to prove he's more than a one slam wonder before he becomes mentally broken.

guga2120
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
AO- Federer
RG- Rafa without losing a set, as long as he schedules like he did this year
W-Murray
US-Novak

chowdahead25
09-15-2010, 11:36 PM
AO- Federer
RG- Djokovic
W- Federer
NY- Federer.

I just feel like Nadal may encounter an injury. Not necessarily with a knee, but something unfortunate, groin, bicep, something stange. Fed I think showed he still has it during the Summer hardcourts. Djokovic is back in my opinion. Murray will obviously never win a slam, and I think DelPo will struggle until the summer hardcourts.

Persimmon
09-16-2010, 01:00 AM
AO: Nole
FO: Rafa
Wimbledon: Rafa
USO: Roger

freeandlonely
09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
AO:Nalbandian
RG:Nalbandian
W:Nalbandian
USO:Nalbandian

AO: Federer or Djokovic
W: Nadal or Federer
USO: Djokovic

Greystoke
09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
AO: Cilic
RG: Cilic
W: Cilic
USO: Cilic

The UE machine will rewire itself and be reborn like a phoenix from the ashes of his 1st/2nd round losses.

CmonAussie
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
AO >> Djokovic
FO >> Nadal
Wimby >> Federer
USO >> Djokovic

Elena.
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
in detail

ao rogie
fo rafito
w rafito or rogie
uso rafito

this is the worst i can think of,atm .

Sonja1989
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Australian Open: Nadal/Murray
Roland Garros: Nadal
Wimbledon: Federer
US Open: Federer/Djokovic

Rafaspin
09-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Nadal
Nadal
Nadal
Nadal

I'm serious. There was window of opportunity in late 09/early 10 for the likes of Murray and Djokovic to step up and assert some authority over Nadal but once he got his confidence back by winning RG10 he's never looked like been challenged in a slam. There is no one that can beat Nadal over 5 sets in a 2011 GS. He will win 7 slams in a row. ONLY injury can prevent this.

B787
09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
AO Federer/Murray
RG Nadal
Wimbledon Federer
US Open Murray/DelPotro

@Sweet Cleopatra
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Many things happen in the off season. Some players come to the new season focused and ready physically and mentally while some of them come unfocused and out of their level. Thats why I can't predict any thing until I watch the first rounds of Australian open.

nastoff
09-17-2010, 10:27 AM
AO: Me
RG: Me
WIM: Me
US : Me

I'll kill Nadal in the French, Federer in the USO, Safin in AO and Henri Leconte at Wimbledon...or was it Obama.

AO: Jamie Baker
FO: Igor Sijsling
W: Eric Prodon
US: Jiri Vesely

I disagree, David Goffin takes FO

Rafa is the GOAT
11-20-2010, 04:28 PM
AO:Nadal, RG:Nadal, WIM: Nadal and of course USO:Nadal :p

he will have 7 consecutive slams, will struggle a bit in AO and WIM though :p

Federer will continue to decline, Del Potro won't recover fully, Djokovic' form will drop, Roddick will stop being a factor anywhere, Murray will have another slamless year and Soderling will take no 4 but nothing more.

Nobody else is playing tennis.

Oh yeah Marat Safin will return to tennis - selected tournaments only - and make semis of USO, beating Federer on the way :)
He will be the second most mentally strong player on the tour after Rafa...Santoro will return playing doubles at Wimbledon ( with Benneteau ) & mixed doubles ( with Kournikova ).

Martina Hingis will play an exhibition with Paul Henri Matthieu and beat him in 3 close sets - she will save 5 MP's, marking a rekindling of the "battle of the sexes" argument.

Great prediction:worship:

I think also that Rafa is gonna win the CYGS in 2011
here is who he will beat in the slam finals
AO: Djokovic
FO: Delpotro/Federer
SW19: Murray/Federer
U.S.O: Federer/Djokovic

Rafa will win the CYGS if he is healty in slams (if he scheulde his calender good, wich he is doing. he is listening to his doctor for the first time about scheulding his calender. he is not gonna play Rotterdam and is gonna save his best for slams:)) he also has to give 100% in importent moments like in slam finals.
Vamos Rafa
You will win all the slams in 2011!!!!!!!!

etc
11-20-2010, 05:31 PM
RafiGOAT wins all 4 of 'em.

But only if he wants!!!!

Xavier7
11-20-2010, 07:18 PM
AO - Pretty much wide open for any of the top 4, but I'll say Federer will win beating either Djokivic or Murray in the final after whichever of them beats Nadal in the semis.

FO - Nadal wins. Noone else has a chance unless he is injured.

Wim - Federer vs Nadal final once again. I say Federer wins this time.

US - Gonna go with Djokovic and say he really gets back to his peak form for the American hard court season next year.

I'm surprised how many think Del Potro will reach slam finals in 2011.
I don't think he can get back to top form that fast at all.
Its not WTA. I think US Open is the only one he could potentially get to the final in.

shiaben
11-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not going to say anything, Nadal got injured during the Australian Open last year. I'm just going to do this the empirical way. Just wait a week before each tournament begins, and give it an educated guess. It's hard to call these things this early because if Nadal has an ankle injury or God knows what prior to a tournament, and if he withdraws, then the predictions go down the toilet. If Nadal were to win all 4 next year. He would have sealed the deal as the greatest player of all time, even if he doesn't have 16 Federer slams. Because he would have done the unthinkable, won like 7 slams in a row consecutively which would be ridiculous.

Xavier7
11-20-2010, 07:30 PM
If Nadal were to win all 4 next year. He would have sealed the deal as the greatest player of all time, even if he doesn't have 16 Federer slams. Because he would have done the unthinkable, won like 7 slams in a row consecutively which would be ridiculous.

I don't think so.
He would have 13 but thats still less than 16, so Federer would still have won more.
If he overtakes Federer then he would become the GOAT.

Filo V.
11-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Can't predict the future. Anything can happen and anyone can win the majors, so who knows.

Lanthanide
05-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Australian Open : Novak Djokovic ;)

Roland Garros : Novak Djokovic

Wimbledon : Roger Federer

US Open : Roger Federer

asmazif
05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
AO >> Djokovic
FO >> Nadal
Wimby >> Federer
USO >> Djokovic

Pretty decent predictions, could feasibly happen.

BIGMARAT
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
AO Nole - 100%
FO Nole 40% Rafa 40% Federer 10%
Wimbledon Nole 30% Federer 30% Nadal 30% Murray 10%
US Open Nole 50% Federer 25% Delpo 25%

BlueSwan
05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I know this thread was made out of boredom :D

But assuming injuries are non-existent and based on player's current forms.
I'll take a random stab. But of course my evaluation will change 1 week before these slams.

I think after this U.S. Open loss, he's going to come back hard, and attempt another run. Assuming he's consistent that is. I think Nadal will either lose in the tournament, or he will retire, I think his body will be down during this period, unless somehow it's injuryproof for another 10 months or so. I think Federer will make another close run, and probably lose to Djokovic in a rematch or in the finals.

I don't see anyone really defeating Nadal here.

I think Federer will defeat Nadal here. I think it will be another rematch.
He will be motivated after failing to win the first two.

I think Djokovic will take this. I liked his hard court game.

That was a pretty darn accurate AO prediction! :D You may very well get the rest of them right as well.

bounccer
08-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Nobody has 3/3

TopSpin08
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Nobody has 3/3

Nobody thought that Djokovic will win Wimbledon.

Nole Rules
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Nadal
Nadal
Nadal
Nadal

I'm serious. There was window of opportunity in late 09/early 10 for the likes of Murray and Djokovic to step up and assert some authority over Nadal but once he got his confidence back by winning RG10 he's never looked like been challenged in a slam. There is no one that can beat Nadal over 5 sets in a 2011 GS. He will win 7 slams in a row. ONLY injury can prevent this.

lol.

Blackbriar
08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
many specialists here

jeremda01
08-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Nobody thought that Djokovic will win Wimbledon.

i did, i even put money on it :D