USO Final coverage / low attendance / weather [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO Final coverage / low attendance / weather

kindling
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
How did the coverage fare outside of the US? I know here it was a mess. Started on CBS, at the rain delay they cut out and said it'd be continued on ESPN2, but with no specific start time, of course. I'm sure a lot of casual fans didn't bother to wait it out. Then, after the match, almost as soon as Rafa finished a sentenced they rushed out and cut to football.

McEnroe was saying they should move the few people up high down to the lower seats since the stadium was only half full, and that they were hoping more people would. Didn't look like it filled up too much more.

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
The event sucked anyway. F... US Open

Leo
09-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I was on Ashe for the final FOR FREE thanks to the rain. And actually the atmosphere was ELECTRIC. Lots of fans for both players, including a huge, fun Serbian crew up near the top. Plus, both Nole and Rafa came out on fire after the delay and brought out the best in each other. I think the second delay actually increased the drama and excitement of the match. (Too bad CBS is a punk network and didn't bother to stick around.)

There may have been gaps in the courtside seating, but the middle/loge area was full and the promenade (where I was happily sitting) was pretty decently full considering the huge thunderstorm. No doubt many other non-Ashe ticket holders like me stuck around and got in! My friend was abe to sneak into the courtside without worry for the 4th set.

screenerluv
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
the uso sucks
trophy ceremony abominable
nole was able to speak longer than rafa
rafa was cut off in middle of thanking his camp
uso needs to learn from the other 3 majors, but they won't
it will be the same next year