Who has the more impressive CGGS? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who has the more impressive CGGS?

Everko
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Nadal or Agassi. The only too that have all four and an olympic gold medal.

I say Nadal is better than insanity man. Agassi won his gold on home turf while Nadal won on weird courts in China. And Nadal did it quicker and more dominant.

maskedmuffin
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
One guy uses the babolat to spin his way to victory the other guy depended high risk eye hand coordination tennis

answer is obvious

Topspindoctor
09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Nadal. Agassi's RG is the biggest disgrace in tennis history, even worse than RG 2009. And that's saying a lot. No way he should have won RG :o

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
One guy uses the babolat to spin his way to victory the other guy depended high risk eye hand coordination tennis

answer is obvious

My thoughts exactly. Agassi was not Nadal like strong and yet he dominated when he was on.

maskedmuffin
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
the fact that both are dopers probably should link them forever

Matt01
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
the fact that both are dopers probably should link them forever

Are you mentally retarded or something?

Frooty_Bazooty
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
why did Agassi not start going to the Aus Open until 1995?

Arkulari
09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
who had to fought harder for it? Agassi
but at the end of the day, it's the same whether you faced Sampras or Cuevas

oranges
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Agassi, the surfaces were not homogenized back then, making it a much harder feat. While his RG is not that impressive given the draw, the Wimbledon title is mightily impressive. He gave me a lot of grief by beating Goran in that final, but beating him, Becker and Mac on the old grass is just :worship:

Everko
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
who had to fought harder for it? Agassi
but at the end of the day, it's the same whether you faced Sampras or Cuevas

:o, Federer or Filippini? It goes both ways

vn01
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
I voted for Nadal, but maybe Agassi's Slam was more impressive. Maybe even that Federer's

Bilbo
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Nadal is going to win a second gold medal in 2012 imo

Arkulari
09-14-2010, 05:55 PM
:o, Federer or Filippini? It goes both ways

it does go both ways, doesn't really matter whom you faced to win as long as you do :shrug:

Agassi did have to fight harder at RG 99 than Rafa at the USO 10 or Roger at RG 09 (though the latter had a bad time against Haas and Del Potro), but it doesn't matter because they made it ;)

Everko
09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
it does go both ways, doesn't really matter whom you faced to win as long as you do :shrug:

Agassi did have to fight harder at RG 99 than Rafa at the USO 10 or Roger at RG 09 (though the latter had a bad time against Haas and Del Potro), but it doesn't matter because they made it ;)

I understand but, less dominant in other words. Would it have been more impressive if Nadal had lost a set to Istomin? Rallied from 2 down against Lopez?

Arkulari
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
well to me it's more impressive to win a Slam when you have to fight harder :shrug:
Rafa could only face what was in front of him and had a great draw, maybe he would have struggled against other people in earlier rounds and that would have made his Slam more impressive IMO (not that it isn't already great because only really few people have made it ;) )
same happens with Roger, I find his RG 09 victory more impressive than his AO 07 one (where he didn't lose a set) because he had had to fight harder for it :shrug:

kindling
09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
If it keeps happening at this frequency, it won't be impressive anymore.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Nadal without a second thought

Everko
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Nadal. Agassi's RG is the biggest disgrace in tennis history, even worse than RG 2009. And that's saying a lot. No way he should have won RG :o

That's true. Only crazy American fans could see Agassi winning the French Open. Then it happened.

samanosuke
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
there is nothing more impressive than completing grand slam by beating 6 fan boys and one exhausted player . vamos

romismak
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Hard to tell. Agassi had more diversified surfaces and we should considere his achievements here as more ,,valuable,, because he won on high bouncing Rebound ace, fast USO decoturf, old fast grass at Wimby and also won RG-who cares about the draw. But if we are talking about impressivness than Nadal´s is more impressive. Agassi´s only impressive slam was Wimbledon, RG was joke draw, and he was always Hardcourter. But Rafa´s USO was impressive-his serve and everyhing, than his AO was amazing 2x5setters in SF, F and unbelievable stamina from him there. Also his Wimbledon we can consider impressive, because he take down 5xdefendich champion to win his 1st Wimby. So Rafa has 3 impressive slams to 1 Agassi´s. But i would say it is equal, because in Andre´s times surfaces were more diversified. About olympics there is not much to say- they peaked for right time in once in 4 years.

Everko
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
there is nothing more impressive than completing grand slam by beating 6 fan boys and one exhausted player . vamos

keep shutting your eyes. You can try to open them. But it wom;t do any good because you are in the blind breed. Actually you are one of the generals in the blind breed.

samanosuke
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
keep shutting your eyes. You can try to open them. But it wom;t do any good because you are in the blind breed. Actually you are one of the generals in the blind breed.

strong words . just with this signature you won't get far . in the begging i thought you was somehow joking but now i see you are just dumb

rocketassist
12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Agassi BY FAR. Not even worth a debate.

SetSampras
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
ROFL.. How the fuck is this even in question? Agassi achieved the career slam in the most diverse conditions ( Super slick fast weird bouncing grass against serve-volley attackers in the day without the futuristic racket technology, fast deco, rebound ace , and slow clay) Lets see Nadal do that. He would be lucky to even see a Wimbledon SF in those days .. Nadal achieves his under the most homogenized of conditions in history. Baseline play at all slams, slow grass, no attackers etc.

Agassi is the only player with the REAL Grandslam IMO. Nowadays, there will be a whole slew of guys winning the grandslam because of the conditions in tennis anymore. You already had Nadal, and Fed, soon it will be Djoker, and maybe eventually Murray and some others. Wouldn't surprise me. Before it was extremely rare to be able to do that.

What in the unholy name of ASS is Nadal doing winning this poll? I'm losing serious confidence in this forum

rocketassist
12-12-2011, 07:06 PM
And if you want to mention Agassi's lucky 99 draw, how about Nadal's lucky 2010 USO draw.

Spanish bum-chums doing all they could. LaLo rolled over, and Pics and Fiasco killed each other over 5 sets so that their idol could have a piss easy quarter final. Far easier than Agassi at RG.

samanosuke
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
agassi has carrier slam, sampras hasn't

http://http://thechive.com/2010/09/07/haters-gonna-hate-23-photos/a-haters-gonna-hate11/

SetSampras
12-12-2011, 07:27 PM
And if you want to mention Agassi's lucky 99 draw, how about Nadal's lucky 2010 USO draw.

Spanish bum-chums doing all they could. LaLo rolled over, and Pics and Fiasco killed each other over 5 sets so that their idol could have a piss easy quarter final. Far easier than Agassi at RG.

We can also argue Nadal had COUNTLESS easy French Open draws.. Yes he is the clay GOAT, but his main opposition was also someone he matches up perfectly against on clay and he met that person 4-5 times? Nadal really hasn't played "elite" clay courters that really could match up against him. He avoided Nole this year who could have taken him out etc. . Agassi also reached the finals of other French Opens.. So its not like 99 was an isolated incident.

Yes and the USO 2010 draw.. Who did he have? Youzhny in the semis?

samanosuke
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
agassi > pampers

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/haters-gonna-hate/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg

Sombrerero loco
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
rafa^^

Yolita
12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
What in the unholy name of ASS is Nadal doing winning this poll? I'm losing serious confidence in this forum

Are you serious? It took you over 2 years to lose confidence in this forum? :lol:

Sunset of Age
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Andre Agassi's, and it isn't even worth a dispute, for many reasons already posted in this thread, which I do not feel the need to repeat.
This coming from a NON-Agassi fan.

DrJules
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Probably Agassi as the grass and clay differential slightly greater when he did it.

Saberq
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
yeah clay and grass are the same today.......

JurajCrane
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Agassi and I have no relationship to any of those. Reversely, for Nadal voted amlost all his tards. If Nadal would play in Agassi´s time, he would have only Roland Garros. If Andre would play now, in his best years, he will have much more grand slam titles.

Just blind cannot see that Agassi did better in this.

And just memory on US Open 2010 makes me laugh. :)

stewietennis
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I think Nadal's is more impressive because it was achieved over a shorter time frame (2005-2011) vs Agassi's (1992-1999)

samanosuke
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I think Nadal's is more impressive because it was achieved over a shorter time frame (2005-2011) vs Agassi's (1992-1999)

i think nadal won it on 3 pretty similar surfaces

stewietennis
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
If Andre would play now, in his best years, he will have much more grand slam titles.

If Agassi would play now, he would be denied majors by Federer in Australia, Wimbledon and US Open; and he wouldn't win the French because of Nadal.

MrChopin
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM

The only users that have confidence in GM are clown-mugs themselves.

viruzzz
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Nadal, I 'd never understand how the fuck did he won USO.
I mean, cake draw and everything, but... He won that tournament.
I don't like Nadal style of play, I think it's underserved for him to have more than 4 slams, and that talks about how bad is tennis right now.

Matt01
12-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I don't like Nadal style of play, I think it's underserved for him to have more than 4 slams, and that talks about how bad is tennis right now.

So you think that Nadal didn't deserve to have more than 5 Slams because you don't like his style of play...at least you made you and your short-sighted opinion clear. :spit:

Naudio Spanlatine
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM
agassi has carrier slam, sampras hasn't

http://http://thechive.com/2010/09/07/haters-gonna-hate-23-photos/a-haters-gonna-hate11/

:haha: way to spread the rep

Topspindoctor
12-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Nadal or Agassi. The only too that have all four and an olympic gold medal.

I say Nadal is better than insanity man. Agassi won his gold on home turf while Nadal won on weird courts in China. And Nadal did it quicker and more dominant.

Agassi never deserved RG, he beat mugs in a weak clay era. Got taken to 5 by Medvedev. ROFL :haha:

Nadal is more impressive in every way.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-13-2011, 12:26 AM

are you serious right now? the guy basically changed his serve and was consistently hit 130+ serves against his opponents especially against very dangerous young players like Gabashvilli and Istomin, and they both played amazing, but rafa was a beast in the tournament, i was amaze myself when he won US open with only dropping one set! but for you to say that he doesnt deserve more than 4 slams knowing that every year he has improved is just absurd and ridiculous:( :o

Saberq
12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
are you serious right now? the guy basically changed his serve and was consistently hit 130+ serves against his opponents especially against very dangerous young players like Gabashvilli and Istomin, and they both played amazing, but rafa was a beast in the tournament, i was amaze myself when he won US open with only dropping one set! but for you to say that he doesnt deserve more than 4 slams knowing that every year he has improved is just absurd and ridiculous:( :o

Rafa 2010 would still lose that US Open to Nole 2011....that US Open was a joke ...a tired Novak in the final after list of chokers and mugs and Novak still took a set of him and broke him like 5 times

Topspindoctor
12-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Andre Agassi's, and it isn't even worth a dispute, for many reasons already posted in this thread, which I do not feel the need to repeat.
This coming from a NON-Agassi fan.

Agreed, Agassi's RG '99 was really something :rolleyes:

arm
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM

Because Rafa winning USO 2010 doesn't seem like an over achievement... He deserves all the credit for having managed to win it, but come on... seriously? Agassi's RG a disgrace? Think twice.

Topspindoctor
12-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Because Rafa winning USO 2010 doesn't seem like an over achievement... He deserves all the credit for having managed to win it, but come on... seriously? Agassi's RG a disgrace? Think twice.

Agassi faced Medvedev in the finals, for fuck's sake. It would be like Nadal facing Fish or Melzer in the USO final. Ridiculous.

paseo
12-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Just change the thread name to "Which is more of a joke? Nadal's USO draw or Agassi's RG draw?

rocketassist
12-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Agassi never deserved RG, he beat mugs in a weak clay era. Got taken to 5 by Medvedev. ROFL :haha:

Nadal is more impressive in every way.

Tougher than facing Nadal's Spanish bitches like LaLo, Verdasco etc that's for sure. Medvedev a two-time clay TMS winner.

Topspindoctor
12-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Tougher than facing Nadal's Spanish bitches like LaLo, Verdasco etc that's for sure. Medvedev a two-time clay TMS winner.

You convinietly forgot that Nadal faced Djokovic in the finals. Agassi's RG was a joke and most non-biased tennis fans know it.

rocketassist
12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
You convinietly forgot that Nadal faced Djokovic in the finals. Agassi's RG was a joke and most non-biased tennis fans know it.

Agassi beat the RG champ along the way (Carlos Moya). Djokovic was the only strong player Nadal faced at the USO, and even then he'd not come close to a slam title since his first one.

Henry Chinaski
12-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Agassi faced Medvedev in the finals, for fuck's sake. It would be like Nadal facing Fish or Melzer in the USO final. Ridiculous.

Yeah because Fish and Melzer have won four Masters titles on clay. Proving the depth of your tennis knowledge once again.

Won in an era of Muster, Courier, Kafelnikov, Moya, Brugera, Costa etc just before you try to embarrass yourself with a weak era argument.

fast_clay
12-13-2011, 02:12 AM

time to put the beer down mate and stop posting

Gabe32
12-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Wow 33/33 with 8 equals! I'm going to break the tie and say Rafa because he never took drugs.

Henry Chinaski
12-13-2011, 02:35 AM

4 time.

1 x MC. 3 x Hamburg.

Won the two prestigious ISG's on clay too, Barcelona and Stuttgart

6-0 in Masters/ISG finals on clay

Shinoj
12-13-2011, 06:54 AM
If you remove Topspin from Nadal's game he is no more than your average athletic Mug.Agassi has more talent in his left wrist than Nadal in his entire being.

So quite obviously Agassi takes this one.

Pirata.
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Agassi overcame meth and alopecia to win his slam.

Saberq
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
If you remove Topspin from Nadal's game he is no more than your average athletic Mug.Agassi has more talent in his left wrist than Nadal in his entire being.

So quite obviously Agassi takes this one.

yeah shame on Nadal for using spin....let's remove Nole's BH,Fed's serve ect

asmazif
12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Agassi's draw wasn't exactly a piece of piss - beat Squillari in R1 (reached SF at RG the year after), Clement in R2 (AO finalist 8 months later), Woodruff in R3 (could have been harder with Muster and Lapentti in his draw, but Woodruff was a MS winner), defending champ Moya in R4, Filippini and Hrbaty in the QF and SF I'll give you (though Hrbaty was great when on), and to come back from 1-6 2-6 down against a great clay court player in Medvedev (4 clay MS, reached late stages of RG before) was impressive.

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Glad the poll results have returned to sanity. Agassi's 1999 R.G. was far less of a fluke than Nadal's 2010 U.S.O. Agassi had made the final twice before and was favourite in at least one of those; Nadull had never got past the semis at U.S.O. & had never even looked like doing so. But that is a minor point. The important point is that Agassi achieved his career grand slam in an era of more diverse surfaces.

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
are you serious right now? the guy basically changed his serve and was consistently hit 130+ serves against his opponents especially against very dangerous young players like Gabashvilli and Istomin

:haha:

Sophocles
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Of course, Nadal's career slam is a massive achievement as well, & a measure of the greatness of this wonderful player.

Shinoj
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Nobody would remember Nadal after a year or two of his retirement but Agassi would be famous long long time after. Nadal is like a pepped up Wilander.

Saberq
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Nobody would remember Nadal after a year or two of his retirement but Agassi would be famous long long time after. Nadal is like a pepped up Wilander.

cut the crap man ......:cool:

arm
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Agassi overcame meth and alopecia to win his slam.

You can use the same argument with Nadal and USO. :shrug:

Pirata.
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
You can use the same argument with Nadal and USO. :shrug:

Rafa hasn't overcome yet. He is still desperately clinging to what little hair he has left.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-14-2011, 12:30 AM
i like both players......i cant decide:shrug:

Federer_28
12-14-2011, 12:52 AM

what happened to that 130 MPH serve ?
He should use it all the time , it would make him much better.
its kinda fishy if you ask me .

HKz
12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Nadal fans unite and fap here to your master!

well to me it's more impressive to win a Slam when you have to fight harder :shrug:
Rafa could only face what was in front of him and had a great draw, maybe he would have struggled against other people in earlier rounds and that would have made his Slam more impressive IMO (not that it isn't already great because only really few people have made it ;) )
same happens with Roger, I find his RG 09 victory more impressive than his AO 07 one (where he didn't lose a set) because he had had to fight harder for it :shrug:

I actually find this logic kind of poor to be honest. I always thought it was silly that the only way people act you have mental strength is if you can win closer matches... But isn't it also mental strength if you can just dominate a match/tournament? Sure it is more exciting and dramatic when you watch a player go through many heartstopping matches, but I certainly don't see how those types of matches are any more or less deserved.

You consider yourself a non-biased tennis fan, especially in this thread? Rofl that is great. Dude you gotta keep posting your shit. You are well on your way to becoming the best comedian.

PiggyGotRoasted
12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
From experience, the mental strength required to hit an ace match point down at 7 - 6 6 - 7 6 - 6 (9 - 9) is much more than at 3 - 3 in the first set.

HKz
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
From experience, the mental strength required to hit an ace match point down at 7 - 6 6 - 7 6 - 6 (9 - 9) is much more than at 3 - 3 in the first set.

Obviously, but that isn't what I am saying. Why does one have to get to that point in a match is what I'm saying. If such a player is so strong mentally, why couldn't the match had been easier to begin with? For example, with that hypothetical scoreline, how come a so-called mentally strong player couldn't break the other player's serve? At the end of the day, if he breaks his opponent's serve 6-4 he gets no mental strength recognition, at least when compared to someone who wins a set in a tiebreak.

Of course one cannot help it at times as sometimes it is up to his opponent, but the point I'm merely trying to make is that people put way too much thought into evaluating a player's "mental strength" shit. At the end of the day, the player with the most wins or rather is the last man standing at an event is arguably the strongest mentally. Who cares if he looks like he is struggling and yells "come on" all day, doesn't mean anything IMO. The result is what counts, whether you win it in 5 or 3.

Gandalf
12-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Tough to say, I think Agassi underachieved badly in the first part of his career, but got lucky in the second part (Slam finals against Clement and Schuettler, for instance). He was lucky to get that RG win in '99, and that really put him in the map again. On the other hand, he should have won either RG'90, RG'91 or US'90, so in all I think it balances up.

Nadal on the other hand benefited from the uniformization of the surfaces and from Federer chocking against him too many times, so in all I think he has overachieved...hence I voted Agassi.

Egreen
12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Agassi.

rocketassist
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Everko in losing another poll shocker.

Sapeod
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Agassi was the classier player (game-wise) and he shits on Nadal. Sure, Nadal has had a better career, but he'll never compare to Agassi in anything else. Nadal grinds his opponents down with loopy moonballs. Agassi was a shot-maker and a brilliant defender. He fought for every match. Nadal does too, but most of the time, he just moonballs his opponents into oblivion. Agassi wins this poll by far.

DrJules
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Agassi was the classier player (game-wise) and he shits on Nadal. Sure, Nadal has had a better career, but he'll never compare to Agassi in anything else. Nadal grinds his opponents down with loopy moonballs. Agassi was a shot-maker and a brilliant defender. He fought for every match. Nadal does too, but most of the time, he just moonballs his opponents into oblivion. Agassi wins this poll by far.

Agassi was not a good enough mover to be a brilliant defender.

rocketassist
12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Agassi was not a good enough mover to be a brilliant defender.

Movement and athleticism as tennis traits are nothing compared to ballstriking, serving, volleying and point constructing, so Agassi should be forgiven for not being the best athlete.

Sunset of Age
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM

Of course, you can only defeat that player that's across the net of you, and this goes for ALL of them, so I don't take this 'factor' (aka the SetSampy-trademarked 'weak opposition'-remarks :rolleyes:) into account at all.

The major factor that sets Agassi aside from both Federer and Nadal is that he got the job done in an era where there was still no memorable homogenization of courts going on, in other words, he had to adjust his style of playing to each and every court where he appeared. It's pretty different right now, top players are allowed to do well with the same kind of defensive baseline-game on all courts/surfaces nowadays.

And THAT sets Agassi's achievement above of those of his both followers-up, imho.