Will Nadal ever win M1000 Cincy? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Nadal ever win M1000 Cincy?

freeandlonely
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Hard to find a topic against Nadal now.:lol:
Let me try cincy.:angel:

Toaderling
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
He will never touch a fast hardcourt trophy again.

ossie
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM

:haha:

n8
09-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Cincy is not as important as the World Tour Finals (both of which Nadal's best showings are two semi-finals). WTF is definitely the biggest event Nadal hasn't won yet.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
he will

freeandlonely
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Cincy is not as important as the World Tour Finals (both of which Nadal's best showings are two semi-finals). WTF is definitely the biggest event Nadal hasn't won yet.

This way : let's just say will he complete all the MS(or WTF added)

oddkayla
09-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I bet when he is dusting off his 18 other Masters trophies and 9 Grand Slam trophies, he wont notice Cincy is missing.....

MalwareDie
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
A 250 draw similar to that of his US Open draw will allow him to win.

Chupakabra
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Nole stopped him twice in the SF of Cincy in 2008 and 2009. ;) Besides, i think that there are other 2 MS titles missing for Nadal, and that would be Miami though he was two times in the finals and Paris (once in the finals).

thrust
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Who Cares? I Doubt That Rafa Does-lol!!

Arakasi
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM

I would say it is the only big event he hasn't won. Cincinnati, Paris and Miami don't really matter in my book. The WTF is the only thing lacking in his resume.

I am actually quite alarmed by the number of times in the last two days where I've seen people on here and in the press say that Nadal has now won every important title in tennis.

Have they forgot about the WTF? They always remember to mention the Olympics which has little history but the WTF is barely ever mentioned. It is mind-boggling for me. I guess I'm in the minority that rate the WTF highly. :shrug:

Nadal will probably win the WTF some day and when he does he has every title that matters. :worship:

r2473
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM

He hasn't touched one yet. The only surface he has won on is clay.

Manequin75
09-14-2010, 11:16 PM
No he wont win cincy because he will use it as match practice for USO and not go 100%. No need to win Cincy me thinks. AFter the long layoff post Wimbledon get 5-6 matches combined in Toronto+Cincy and go all out at USO. Why change a winning formula?

Pirata.
09-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Cincy = fifth slam

Mjau!
09-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Cincy will be much tougher for him to win than the USO imo.

- Much faster than the USO due to hotter climax, lower humidity and altitude.
- Best of 3 sets so his opponents wont be fatigued and he can't wear them out.
- The other players wont be intimidated by the grandness of the non-slam tournament, thus are less likely to "choke".
- Fewer players in the draw and fewer rounds means a cakewalk is less likely.
- Less match practice which Rafa desperately needs to perform. Can't just turn it on like more talented players.

CCBH
09-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Who cares for Mickey Mouse Cincy? Rafa correctly tanked to Bags who has no Slam ambitions, and went full throttle at NY. Let the bottom-feeders win it. Their egos need some soothing after repeated flops on the big stages.

Filo V.
09-15-2010, 02:30 AM
Personally, I don't really think so. But we know not to ever doubt Rafa. A small part of him is going to want to get the trophies in Miami, Cincinnati, Paris and Shanghai. Cincinnati is probably his worst event on the schedule and the conditions are horrible for his game. I also don't see him giving maximum effort in tournaments before majors, like he did this year. I think Rafa is essentially at the point Roger has been for a while now. He's got to #1 and looks to be staying there for a while, he's got the majors, he's got the master series record, got lots of doubles titles, got Davis Cup, got the Gold medal. Now, he's playing for prestige, he's playing for greatness in the form of more majors, and Cincinnati will not get in the way of that plan.

Topspindoctor
09-15-2010, 02:31 AM
He's too busy polishing his USO title to think about Cincy :worship::D:p:cool:

shiaben
09-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Honestly guys I don't think he cares a whole lot about these masters, neither does Federer. The only time these guys cared is when their ranks were a lot lower, or they needed to win them for better preparation for the slams. I think right now, Nadal and Federer, use them to experiment, try out new things during the rallies.

I think even if they miss those 2-3 that they never have won, they won't have any regrets, unless they might have a small case of OCD :).

I do hear that, Federer was a bit anxious about not winning an olympic gold medal, but after he won one with Wawrinka, he kind of felt, like his time wasn't wasted.

I think for Nadal, however, he'll still try to get the tournament with the best 8 at the end of the year, but as for the regular masters that he's missing like Miami and such he won't care too much, if he gets them, great !! if not no big deal. Slams are the main priority.

LoveFifteen
09-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Cincy will be much tougher for him to win than the USO imo.

- Much faster than the USO due to hotter climax, lower humidity and altitude.
- Best of 3 sets so his opponents wont be fatigued and he can't wear them out.
- The other players wont be intimidated by the grandness of the non-slam tournament, thus are less likely to "choke".
- Fewer players in the draw and fewer rounds means a cakewalk is less likely.
- Less match practice which Rafa desperately needs to perform. Can't just turn it on like more talented players.

:spit:

:rolls: