would federer have beaten nadal today? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

would federer have beaten nadal today?

Lurker011
09-14-2010, 04:06 AM
lets say that roger does not choke against djokovic and roger is playing nadal after the day off,judging by how nadal played today,i think roger would have had a very good chance to beat nadal.

Topspindoctor
09-14-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't think so. Federer is mentally weak in this match up and Nadal wouldn't choke all those break points away the way he did against Nole.

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 04:09 AM
nobody would have beaten the clay warrior today.

he is just too relentless at slam finals. he has now won his last 6 finals at slams. that is sort of sick if you think about it.

finishingmove
09-14-2010, 04:11 AM
I think he would've lost in 3 or 4 depending on whether the rain delay would help him like it helped Nole.

MalwareDie
09-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Maybe.... Nadal hit a lot of short balls. Djokovic just didn't take advantage of them. Oh wait...... Federer would just shank at crucial moments.

Thkmra
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM
NO!!!

And first off all Roger didn't 'choke'!!:rolleyes: Im gonna need to u watch those 2 match points, moreover that entire game again. Novi played it like his life depended on it!!

@Sweet Cleopatra
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM
lets say that roger does not choke against djokovic and roger is playing nadal after the day off,judging by how nadal played today,i think roger would have had a very good chance to beat nadal.

Rafa plays every match different. He played today to beat Nole. If he was playing Roger he would have played the game to beat him.

The Magician
09-14-2010, 04:16 AM
No one can beat the GOAT! Clay Monster's ass picking, on court coaching, and vamosing get into Federror's head like no one else! If GOAT's knees weren't always injured he never would lose a single game. In fact his knees are made of kryptonite which weakens pansy Fed! Vamos!

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 04:17 AM
I think it would have been at least a 5 setter. Roger's serve is much better than Nole here. And he was aggressive in the sets he won against Nole. He should have won in 3 against Nole really. He just gifted sets 2 and 4 and then the fifth.

deebyeah
09-14-2010, 04:24 AM
I think federer have no chance

Topspin Forehand
09-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Rafa would've won in straght sets. Nadal has a tougher time with Djokovic due to his powerful backhand. Federer struggles with his backhand against Nadal.

LaFuria
09-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Maybe he'd win a game.

The Magician
09-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Rafa would've won in straght sets. Nadal has a tougher time with Djokovic due to his powerful backhand. Federer struggles with his backhand against Nadal.

Go away Fedtard :wavey: Rafa has no weaknesses, the only possible opponent he has is the rain, and even that only delays his inevitable victory :worship: Rafa should start to play mens doubles by himself, the only possible way he could get a challenge. Vamos!

paseo
09-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Fed? 50-50 chance.
NinjaFed? Absolutely.
Federror? Would've gotten romped.

Topspindoctor
09-14-2010, 04:36 AM
No one can beat the GOAT! Clay Monster's ass picking, on court coaching, and vamosing get into Federror's head like no one else! If GOAT's knees weren't always injured he never would lose a single game. In fact his knees are made of kryptonite which weakens pansy Fed! Vamos!

Mugician with new sig :eek:

Amazing :haha:

swisht4u
He probably would have lost in 4 maybe 5.
His game can still beat the regular guys on the tour easily if he's playing well.
In his prime he would have won easily but time stops for no one.

Topspin Forehand
Go away Fedtard :wavey: Rafa has no weaknesses, the only possible opponent he has is the rain, and even that only delays his inevitable victory :worship: Rafa should start to play mens doubles by himself, the only possible way he could get a challenge. Vamos!
You need to stop hating on Federer. He's the greatest. No reason to be gracious when you are as good as him. Rafa is no match to Fed's glory, crying ability, and insults after losses. Come on!

tennismaster1978
09-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Fed would have given him way more problems than Nole did. Nole didnt believe he could win. Feds serve (if on) would have given him alot of free points. Who knows, if feds serve and forehand were on, Rafa would have lost, I think. But, my hats off to Rafa. By the end of the match, I could not tell if this ws the French or US open. I tell you one guy who would have beaten him for sure is Delpo!

The Magician
09-14-2010, 04:42 AM
You need to stop hating on Federer. He's the greatest. No reason to be gracious when you are as good as him. Rafa is no match to Fed's glory, crying ability, and insults after losses. Come on!

Fedtard :o Rafa is the greatest at everything, including weeping after losses and backhanded compliments. Trust me, I am the spirit of Rafa incarnate, and after Wimbledon 07 Rafa's crying and complaining put Fed's pansy attempts at crying at AO 2009 to shame! Rafa is so great he doesn't need insults, he has Uncle Tony to do it for him. In fact, he;s so great he has uncle Tony to think for him! All Rafa needs to do is hit moonballs (*ahem* I mean massive forehands) and he'll win :wavey:

DuMa
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Fed wouldve given Nadal 5 sets at least. its the way their matches have always gone lately.... But Nadal wouldve still beaten Fed. Nadal was moving too good and striking the ball too well now

gorgo1986
09-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Federer is still the greatest of all time but when it comes to the Nadal match up in a grand slam final, Nadal would always be the favorite especially with his new improved serve. Federer is now more vulnerable than ever before and I do not see him taking more than a set.

Djokovic's game actually troubles Nadal more, Rafa played aggressive, he outhit and out served Nole and that's never easy especially at the US Open.

River
09-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Fedtard :o Rafa is the greatest at everything, including weeping after losses and backhanded compliments. Trust me, I am the spirit of Rafa incarnate, and after Wimbledon 07 Rafa's crying and complaining put Fed's pansy attempts at crying at AO 2009 to shame! Rafa is so great he doesn't need insults, he has Uncle Tony to do it for him. In fact, he;s so great he has uncle Tony to think for him! All Rafa needs to do is hit moonballs (*ahem* I mean massive forehands) and he'll win :wavey:

For the love of christ....

Anyways, the Federer of this year would stand no chance. He's too heavy minded to really do any kind of battle. Federer needs to reset for next year before Rafa starts running away with more titles, and Del Potro gets even more dangerous.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
no he would not !

n8
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
NO!!!

And first off all Roger didn't 'choke'!!:rolleyes: Im gonna need to u watch those 2 match points, moreover that entire game again. Novi played it like his life depended on it!!

Here's how he saved them:

N65j2A9XknY

Commander Data
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I think Fed would have lost in 5, like usually....being on par with Nadal thoughout the match but choking in key moments.

dombrfc
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Nadal would have won I feel.

Jaz
09-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Federer - Punishing the short ball.

Nadal Yesterday, Short returns.

I feel Federer would have won in 4.

Shirogane
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
He would've done better than Djoke.

tennis2tennis
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
everyone harps on about how Rafa and Nole would produce a better GS match than Roger/Rafa i.e. both young, fast etc what :bs: that turned out to be!

At least the non-clay slams Fedal went to the wire thrilling 5 setters...

Ps I think Rafa would have won yesterday but it'd have been closer!

Crazy Girl
09-14-2010, 01:19 PM
It's a silly question.
' Cause no one, NO ONE, can have the answer.

star
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
We'll never know.

But the interesting thing is that the man who today is being labeled "unfit" and "a choker" beat Federer in the semis in five sets.

Jaz
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
We'll never know.

But the interesting thing is that the man who today is being labeled "unfit" and "a choker" beat Federer in the semis in five sets.

He's unfit because he looked tired int he rallies against Nadal even with a days rest.

He's a choker because he chokes when he's up a serve. Thankfully for him Federer choked even more.

star
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
He's unfit because he looked tired int he rallies against Nadal even with a days rest.

He's a choker because he chokes when he's up a serve. Thankfully for him Federer choked even more.

Yes, you can say that, but that same unfit guy and choker on the serve beat Federer.

Commander Data
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
We'll never know.

kind of accurate. The SF decided who is the "better" player that brings more tot he table to challange Nadal and the answer was Nole. So not Nadals fault when Federer can't answer that question in his favour. Although I'm sure Federer would have given Nadal more resistence then Nole (as experience teaches us)
It is kinda funny how people say that federer loses because of his bad single BH. well, i agree to some degree but it is not like Novak matches up much better really. federer always had his chances against Nadal (FO 2008 excluded) I have yet to see a guy that pushed Nadal to 5 sets in Slam Finals....

star
09-14-2010, 02:19 PM
That's historically accurate, but when I watched Djoko playing Fed, even though I was pulling for Djoko to win, I kept thinking that the way Federer was playing, Nadal could pulverize him. In my mind, Nadal would have made him pay for those many errors and would have more easily have demoralized him.

But, that's all speculation. I see your point, but we both have our bias.

peribsen
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
In my mind, Nadal would have made him pay for those many errors and would have more easily have demoralized him.

I originally felt the same way. After seeing that Rafa yesterday needed about a dozen BP to convert just one, I don't know what to think anymore. Old street-wise cat like Fed probably is too experienced for Rafa not to have payed a hell of a price for this. On the other hand, a good number of those BP weren't converted because of fabulous defending on Novak's part, and I don't know if Fed would have been up to so much retrieving.

So I agree, we'll never know.

guptaji
09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Fed should be thankful to Djoko for taking him out before he could face Nadal. Another GS final defeat by Nadal would have done some serious damage to Fed's already broken self-belief. At least now he (Fed) still has a real good shot at 2011 AO.

Action Jackson
09-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Go find the corner in a round room.

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
He didn't play him, so we don't know, and never will. Can't predict something that didn't happen.

r2473
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe.... Nadal hit a lot of short balls. Djokovic just didn't take advantage of them.

That is pretty much it. The guys that beat Nadal aggressively take control of the point on short balls.

No telling if Federer could have won. He wasn't there so it really doesn't matter.

Commander Data
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
That's historically accurate, but when I watched Djoko playing Fed, even though I was pulling for Djoko to win, I kept thinking that the way Federer was playing, Nadal could pulverize him. In my mind, Nadal would have made him pay for those many errors and would have more easily have demoralized him.

But, that's all speculation. I see your point, but we both have our bias.

When Federer and Nadal play they have the ability to brings something special out of each other (in different ways) And they both have more deepness in them as Chamions then any other active player. More options they can draw upon.
I think it is therefore impossible to know what would have happened by looking at other matches. I'm sure Nadal and Federer both would have played special had they met.

All I can say is that I want to see them play one more Slam final before they retire ( and no not FO) It is something special to see them play eeven if Federer loses. Someday we will greatly miss their clashes, believe me ;) Even the fanatic Rfatrads will miss him once he is gone 8some already do lol )

Nole fan
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
I think it would have been at least a 5 setter. Roger's serve is much better than Nole here. And he was aggressive in the sets he won against Nole. He should have won in 3 against Nole really. He just gifted sets 2 and 4 and then the fifth.

You're delusional as usual. Go read some articles by the experts before you say things like that. Or better, go watch that match again (if you did the first time).

I think Roger would have failed miserably here. Even probably in three sets.

lazybear
09-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Would have been close, but no cigar.

Persimmon
09-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Fed would have been straight-setted for sure by Nadal.

Nadal would have won 6-4 6-4 6-4