Will Nadal win the AO and complete non-calendar Grand Slam? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Nadal win the AO and complete non-calendar Grand Slam?

Speed of Light
09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Can he do it?

Manequin75
09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
he can do it. But I think he wont. It is Rogers turn now. Rafa now wins the french.

Snoo Foo
09-14-2010, 03:14 AM
what year is it where you are?

MalwareDie
09-14-2010, 03:20 AM
It's Murray's time to win a Slam.

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Way too early to predict, but as of right now, you have to believe he is the favorite if you had to pick today. He's proven that when he's at his best in a major, he's almost unstoppable.

andylovesaustin
09-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Rafa seems to be a very determined person. It's like he sets his sights on something... and he makes it happen.

It's pretty amazing

KarlyM
09-14-2010, 03:26 AM
I think it's too early to predict, but he could do it.

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 03:27 AM
That would be the dagger to my heart.

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Way too early to predict, but as of right now, you have to believe he is the favorite if you had to pick today. He's proven that when he's at his best in a major, he's almost unstoppable.

Let me guess, he has only been at his best 9 times, right?

Ibracadabra
09-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Del potro will rise

Smoke944
09-14-2010, 03:29 AM

Haha, yes of course.

Soliloque
09-14-2010, 03:30 AM

Chek "almost" in a dictionary please.

andylovesaustin
That would be the dagger to my heart.

:lol:

You best get ready for it...

I dunno.. he just seems pretty determined. It's like with his serve.. I could nearly see he was just so focused on not dropping his serve. I can't explain it.. But it was like he was determined to hold.. Sure he was broken.. but that was after the delay..

To me what is amazing about Rafa is his mental fortitude. It's scary in a way.

star

So far. :)

Love the "only" as if having 9 slams by age 24 is a poor performance. :rolls:

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 03:31 AM
:lol:

You best get ready for it...

I dunno.. he just seems pretty determined. It's like with his serve.. I could nearly see he was just so focused on not dropping his serve. I can't explain it.. But it was like he was determined to hold.. Sure he was broken.. but that was after the delay..

To me what is amazing about Rafa is his mental fortitude. It's scary in a way.

Tennis changes quickly. Lots of people thought Murray or Fed would win this just 2 weeks ago.

andylovesaustin
09-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Del potro will rise

I dunno.. It might take a while for Ponyboy to come back.

I dunno.. Rafa..If he puts his mind to it.. he very well could win the AO..

star
09-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Tennis changes quickly. Lots of people thought Murray or Fed would win this just 2 weeks ago.

True. I remember back in March, people were writing Rafa off too. :)

philosophicalarf
09-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Could do. If he does, probably wins 6 in a row.

Kinda depends where the rest of the field is at really. Del Potro probably won't be match sharp. Soderling hates the heat and especially the humidity down there. Djokovic can't even play 3 sets in cool conditions today without running out of gas (even with a 90 minute rainbreak midmatch!), so can probably be ruled out in the heat of Oz. Fed, Murray, Berdy are the competition I guess.

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 03:34 AM
True. I remember back in March, people were writing Rafa off too. :)

Yes. I think Australia could be Delpo's. At least I hope. Or maybe Novak does it again. Losing in US, winning in AO

andylovesaustin
09-14-2010, 03:35 AM

Oh.. definitely. I agree with this. Anything could happen.

But then again...it's pretty scary how he went after the USO, and won it so quickly.

I know you aren't one of his fans... but dang... it's pretty amazing he won the FO, Wimby, and now the USO...all back to back.. Dang..

Ben.
09-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Will be exciting to see what happens for sure, especially if he makes the semis/final.

andylovesaustin
09-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Yes. I think Australia could be Delpo's. At least I hope. Or maybe Novak does it again. Losing in US, winning in AO

I just think it might take a while for Ponyboy to get his game back.

Maybe Nole could win it again? Maybe Nole has turned a corner so to speak.

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Oh.. definitely. I agree with this. Anything could happen.

But then again...it's pretty scary how he went after the USO, and won it so quickly.

I know you aren't one of his fans... but dang... it's pretty amazing he won the FO, Wimby, and now the USO...all back to back.. Dang..

The ATP has a bunch of mental midgets. And the force is definitely with Nadal ;)

andylovesaustin
09-14-2010, 03:41 AM
The ATP has a bunch of mental midgets. And the force is definitely with Nadal ;)

You mean like they were with Roger? :lol:

I'm just playing with ya.. but.. then again.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
he can do it but it's too early to judge :D

FormerRafaFan
09-14-2010, 02:07 PM
It's certainly possible even though I kinda have my doubts.. Anyway, he managed to win USO and he's usually better at AO then USO, the surface there fits his game more. So yeah, doubtful but you never know.

Topspindoctor
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
USO was huge for Nadal to prove doubters and himself that he could win it and complete career slam. Never seen him so focused and determined. AO 2011, he might be less motivated since he doesn't like hard courts and has nothing to prove there, since he already has AO. So, depending on his drive to win more HC slams really. If he brings his USO motivation and his new serve, then he can definitely win. If he comes to Australia in clown mode and isn't focused 100%, then I can see him eliminated in QF/SF by some annoying opponent like Murray.

Infinity
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
He has a good chance, but it is too early to call.

Xristos
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Del Po wins the AO.