Is $1,700,000 too much when there is World Hunger everywhere? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is $1,700,000 too much when there is World Hunger everywhere?

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:17 AM
What more if you win the USO Series.

Calidreth
09-14-2010, 02:18 AM
No

Salvy41
09-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Quite clearly it is.. But this is the West. It's not exclusive to tennis.

e476
09-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Yes, it is exorbitant, but you could make that argument for anything and everything. CEOs who earn millions per year, movie stars who earn $20 million+ per movie, other professional athletes in football, American football, baseball, etc. No one would want to be a professional athlete if they were not paid substantially more than the average person; it's too much pressure, too much public exposure, too much training, having to endure nastiness from others, no privacy, etc.

mongo
09-14-2010, 02:23 AM
:haha:

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:24 AM
And once again.

Only the Tennis Players suffer.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Clijsters get paid 2,2 mln $

Mechlan
09-14-2010, 02:27 AM
No. This is chump change compared to what the tournament is making.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:27 AM

So, its Sexism now eh?

thegreendestiny
09-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Have you been watching the news lately? The dollar loses value everyday. Soon, $1.7M will be an insignificant amount. :shrug:

aloniv
09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
And Esther Vergeer made around 10,000 or so, despite possibly being the greatest wheelchair player ever (she's on a winning streak of almost 400 matches).

finishingmove
09-14-2010, 03:14 AM
And Esther Vergeer made around 10,000 or so, despite possibly being the greatest wheelchair player ever (she's on a winning streak of almost 400 matches).

has nadal found his match?

bleu_cheese
09-14-2010, 03:17 AM
This is why a lot of pros have foundations and charities. People willingly give their money for sports, hence the high salaries. It's up to the players to give back.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Have you been watching the news lately? The dollar loses value everyday. Soon, $1.7M will be an insignificant amount. :shrug:

Earth to GreenDestiny,

THE 1USD=1KOREANWON

Its still a pretty big amount.

has nadal found his match?

You gotta be Kidding Me!

its Serena vs Nadal!

aussie_fan
09-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Such a dumb thread...

The Magician
09-14-2010, 03:39 AM
I think the real question is do all champions deserve the same amount? I don't think too many people genuinely think Clijsters deserves 2.2 million after her final when Graf and Seles used to earn not even a quarter of that amount and Navratilova used to earn enough for a coach seat back home, so the concept itself is not unbelievable. The question is does Nadull deserve 1.7 million based on the draw he's had and the performance he put in, I don't think so. The follow up question is what kind of system would be more fair and encourage players to play their hardest for the most money and punish mugs who get a lucky slam? I think that would make for an interesting thread.

gulzhan
09-14-2010, 03:44 AM
I think the real question is do all champions deserve the same amount? I don't think too many people genuinely think Clijsters deserves 2.2 million after her final when Graf and Seles used to earn not even a quarter of that amount and Navratilova used to earn enough for a coach seat back home, so the concept itself is not unbelievable. The question is does Nadull deserve 1.7 million based on the draw he's had and the performance he put in, I don't think so. The follow up question is what kind of system would be more fair and encourage players to play their hardest for the most money and punish mugs who get a lucky slam? I think that would make for an interesting thread.

No one is interested in what you think, LIAR!

GET OUT OF GM or keep your promise and put Rafa (with USO trophy :p) as your avatar! You may pretend you never made that promise but everyone knows that and remembers! If not, I will remind, be sure. A man has to keep his promise, even if he is a Fedtard who can't be honest by definition.

MERE TAKING OFF SIGNATURE WITH PROMISE TO ADMIT RAFA IS A FULL GS CHAMPION IS NOT ENOUGH, DO IT! OR GET OUT!

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Im sorry.

But why are you Haters hating on The Magician?

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 04:04 AM
This 1700,000 Rafa deserved. Kim Clisjer did not deserve 2,2 M for playing 2 out of 3 sets and for an hour or two each day. Sorry

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 04:07 AM
This 1700,000 Rafa deserved. Kim Clisjer did not deserve 2,2 M for playing 2 out of 3 sets and for an hour or two each day. Sorry

Ok.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Still doesnt answer to why you hating on Magiacinas

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Still doesnt answer to why you hating on Magiacinas

Who?

Infinity
09-14-2010, 04:28 AM

And it is the second time she gets this amount after 2005.

peribsen
09-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Of course it is, but that's nothing new in our shitty capitalist eceonomy, since when do people in power really give a damn about the injustice of this system? Sports is financed mostly because it keeps the masses from dwelving too much into the bigger issues, "panem et circenses", there's hardly a weekend in the year without some major sporting event! We're already in Matrix.

The Magician
09-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Of course it is, but that's nothing new in our shitty capitalist eceonomy, since when do people in power really give a damn about the injustice of this system? Sports is financed mostly because it keeps the masses from dwelving too much into the bigger issues, "panem et circenses", there's hardly a weekend in the year without some major sporting event! We're already in Matrix.

Bye hater :wavey: Nadal is an inspiration to the oppressed peoples of the world, with every Vamos he saves a starving child! Funny you quote the Matrix, a movie made about the spanish BULL.

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

-Morpheus, referring to the FO center clay court

lalaland
09-14-2010, 05:22 AM
ppl on this board running out of things to complain? :lol:

The players don't just show up for 2 weeks, it takes a year long dedication and hard work to win the USO, and any other slam for that matter, not to mention years of training before they made it to the top.

ppl should really go complain about movie stars or sth, IMO the most undeserving profession, most of them don't even have training before they become stars and made tons of money. That guy, in Twilight, how much he made, sth like $15 million per film? and he can't even act :p.

DuMa
09-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Anyone see that moment at the trophy presentation where Nadal was handed the check then handed his trophy. He was seen putting the check into his jacket pocket but had trouble getting it in there. then Djokovic offered to hold it and grabbed it once Nadal grabbed his trophy. then Djokovic was seen trying to pocket the check. the crowd saw it and laughed. it was a funny moment.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
And it is the second time she gets this amount after 2005.

She got 2.2 this year? Why?

She didnt win the series.
:confused:

DuMa :lol: