Adam Helfant's Vision for Tennis Complete: Every court is a clay court [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Adam Helfant's Vision for Tennis Complete: Every court is a clay court

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 02:06 AM
The vision that Adam Helfant had for tennis is now complete. All courts are slow as heck. Hardcout is like clay. Everyone slides, you can't put a ball away. Thank you Adam for slowing down tennis. Now matches go 6 hours and people can't hit winners.

Action Jackson
09-14-2010, 02:06 AM
ATP has nothing to do with the Slams, next.

The Magician
09-14-2010, 02:09 AM
ATP has nothing to do with the Slams, next.

That's a copout. You don't think the ATP has huge influence on the ITF, and they have a joint vision for the game? Not that it matters, strings and balls have made tennis into the grinding mugfest it is much more than surface imo.

SheepleBuster
09-14-2010, 02:09 AM
That's a copout. You don't think the ATP has huge influence on the ITF, and they have a joint vision for the game? Not that it matters, strings and balls have made tennis into the grinding mugfest it is much more than surface imo.

Exactly. I mean this was a great match but what the hell. I mean what can you do if you can't hit a winner. My god.

Action Jackson
09-14-2010, 02:13 AM

There is a reason they broke away and no the ATP don't tell the ITF what surface speeds to use for the Slams.

Of course surface homogenisation has happened and been for years. I do remember the days when the court speeds had a greater differential and racquet and string technology.

Yes, they wanted to slow the game down and this is the result of it.

peribsen
09-14-2010, 02:24 AM
The vision that Adam Helfant had for tennis is now complete. All courts are slow as heck. Hardcout is like clay. Everyone slides, you can't put a ball away. Thank you Adam for slowing down tennis. Now matches go 6 hours and people can't hit winners.

Why are you two so predictable?

You're not only petty hating losers, you are also boring as hell! Hey, I could write your posts, they're all really just a new version of the same whine!

Pathetic, have you no elegance whatever?