CH Szczecin R1 Cuevas - Koellerer 2-6 6-4 1-0 ret. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CH Szczecin R1 Cuevas - Koellerer 2-6 6-4 1-0 ret.

bjurra
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
So today Dani was in Crazy good mood in Poland. After a netted first serve, he beat the ballboy to the ball, then told the ballboy to get back to his original position on the deuce side, then chipped the ball as far as he could in the other direction. :worship:

Serving at 0-1 30-15 in the 3rd, Koellerer fell and made up a whole circus act about being injured. At deuce, he started screaming at the umpire if there was a doctor on the grounds. One point later, he retired without saying a word and left the court.

Hopefully the nice citizens of Szczecin will upload it on youtube.

malisha
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
awsome

this must be uploaded...surely there were a people in the stands who know to appreciate a class performance on and off the court

Ibracadabra
09-14-2010, 12:02 AM
What a man this koellerer just keeps getting better

bjurra
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Somehow I never get tired of Crazy Dani.

Certinfy
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
:haha:

Voo de Mar
09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
IMO Koellerer is a moron who seeks attention because is too weak to gather some attention given his tennis results :zzz: It's rather sad because he can produce spectacular tennis I guess, remembering his last year's match against Del Potro at the US Open...

Nathaliia
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM
My report :)

http://www.tennisalternative.com/news.php?readmore=625

Dudes from the tournament website were taping it so probably tomorrow there will be a movie at
www.pekaoszczecinopen.eu (http://www.pekaoszczecinopen.eu)

Although they claim Cuevas hit Dani with a racquet, which IMO didn't happen and I was sitting close (unlike the person who wasn't even at the match and stated such a sentence on the tournament Facebook :tape: :ignore: yes, this is how this year's press office works). From what I could see it was a pole from the net support being moved after Cuevas bumped into the net. We should wait for a video to confirm but I'm rather sure it was like this :scratch:

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM
OK, that's what happened, thanks for the report. I know he and Cuevas had words at the net in the match, he was screaming at the ball kids repeatedly, the fans were laughing, and he was deducted at least one point penalty. He was limping and pointing to his groin, and started screaming at the umpire at the net, then sat on his chair, and that was basically all I saw.

With all of that said, he was actually playing good tennis, better than Pablo. He's ranked like #212 now, so we aren't even going to be hearing a lot of this on the challenger tour. He's going to drop to futures level soon.

malisha
09-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Danny taken that ballgirl after the match to the rollercoasters and bought her a candy at the end for sure

on court he must play his role

Ivanatis
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
:tape:

bjurra
09-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Nice report, Nathaliia!

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
I guess he was pointing to his ankle then, reading the report. That's too bad he got injured for real in such a freakish way, but maybe if one believes in karma, that's what happens when you fake injuries as much as he has. I wanted him to win today, so I'm a bit disappointed.

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
My report :)

http://www.tennisalternative.com/news.php?readmore=625

Dudes from the tournament website were taping it so probably tomorrow there will be a movie at
www.pekaoszczecinopen.eu (http://www.pekaoszczecinopen.eu)

Although they claim Cuevas hit Dani with a racquet, which IMO didn't happen and I was sitting close (unlike the person who wasn't even at the match and stated such a sentence on the tournament Facebook :tape: :ignore: yes, this is how this year's press office works). From what I could see it was a pole from the net support being moved after Cuevas bumped into the net. We should wait for a video to confirm but I'm rather sure it was like this :scratch:Thank you for the report!

navy75
09-14-2010, 12:25 AM
OK, that's what happened, thanks for the report. I know he and Cuevas had words at the net in the match, he was screaming at the ball kids repeatedly, the fans were laughing, and he was deducted at least one point penalty. He was limping and pointing to his groin, and started screaming at the umpire at the net, then sat on his chair, and that was basically all I saw.

With all of that said, he was actually playing good tennis, better than Pablo. He's ranked like #212 now, so we aren't even going to be hearing a lot of this on the challenger tour. He's going to drop to futures level soon.

No surprise regarding the tennis. More often than not Crazy Dani is more talented player on the court, and I don't think people realize that you have to be even extra talented to make up for such a poor mental condition.

I have believed for years that Crazy Dani suffers from extreme anxiety and/or ADHD, and cannot believe that he still hasn't received the mental help that he so clearly needs.

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
No surprise regarding the tennis. More often than not Crazy Dani is more talented player on the court, and I don't think people realize that you have to be even extra talented to make up for such a poor mental condition.

I have believed for years that Crazy Dani suffers from extreme anxiety and/or ADHD, and cannot believe that he still hasn't received the mental help that he so clearly needs.

That's true about Daniel. He hits a really good ball. Outside of his serve, he's got a really good game, but his lack of any sort of healthy mental condition plus the fact he's seems CONSTANTLY injured have destroyed his career. He obviously has some severe psychological and psychosocial issues he needs to correct, but the sad thing is I think he actually sort of uses his behavior as a novelty act. He likes the attention he gets. I've always wondered whether his mother dying has anything to do with his demons. I think the biggest thing he needs is a shoulder to cry on.

The Magician
09-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Dani should get a wildcard into every GS and Masters, only player left on tour with a real personality :yeah:

tennishero
09-14-2010, 12:44 AM
That's true about Daniel. He hits a really good ball. Outside of his serve, he's got a really good game, but his lack of any sort of healthy mental condition plus the fact he's seems CONSTANTLY injured have destroyed his career. He obviously has some severe psychological and psychosocial issues he needs to correct, but the sad thing is I think he actually sort of uses his behavior as a novelty act. He likes the attention he gets. I've always wondered whether his mother dying has anything to do with his demons. I think the biggest thing he needs is a shoulder to cry on.

lol, ok Freud.

out_here_grindin
09-14-2010, 12:55 AM
IMO Koellerer is a moron who seeks attention because is too weak to gather some attention given his tennis results :zzz: It's rather sad because he can produce spectacular tennis I guess, remembering his last year's match against Del Potro at the US Open...

Yep, the one time he used all of his emotions and energy for his tennis and in a positive way. He was good in that match and was a good show

Action Jackson
09-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Crazy Dani at it again, thanks for the reports.

Pirata.
09-14-2010, 01:56 AM

Nathaliia
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes, he was much better on court. Cuevas didn't play anything special. If this finished 6-2 6-2 for Koellerer it would have been a fair result (tennis-wise)

jonas
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
What a clown. :haha:
QqrCuIB76gs&feature=related

Nathaliia
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
LOL! SO apparently nothing happened. Totally nothing. Dear gosh. I knew it could have not been Cuevas racquet but that pole from the net fell out for a certain sure so I assumed it could have been it.

But it was a very nasty cheat :help:

Hopeless, no words :cuckoo:

tennishero
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
haha, he dived! unbelievable.

jonas
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
YAd31jU77no

DanaKz
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM

finishingmove
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Dani can be happy he's not making a living out of acting.

That was dire.

Voo de Mar
09-14-2010, 01:11 PM
YAd31jU77no

http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/facepalm.jpg

What a village in comparison with US Open final played the same day :o

bjurra
09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
This thread should have more posts than the USO final thread. This is just epic.

Nathaliia
09-14-2010, 02:53 PM
You should re-name the title. People who keep haplessly clicking 50 USO final threads can't find anything attention catchy in a challenger match so they omit it.

Nathaliia
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Watch this video on the tournament's Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=497260118764&ref=mf

They didn't tape the whole thing :smash: :banghead: :bigcry:

But they taped he's saying it was Cuevas who hit him with a racquet :help:

Johnny Groove
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
What a little punk bitch.

Pathetic behavior. You are supposed to be a professional.

bjurra
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
You should re-name the title. People who keep haplessly clicking 50 USO final threads can't find anything attention catchy in a challenger match so they omit it.

You are right. I thought people automatically clicked on any thread with Koellerer in it but I guess I was wrong.

Action Jackson
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Real tennis fans are away bjurra sadly.

emotion
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
He needs to stop getting injured and get back to main tour for the sake of humanity

Orka_n
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
That was awesome. Unlike the top mugs, Dani never disappoints. :lol:

Helevorn
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
the bad thing is that he actually is a good 60-70° clay player, he runs like hell and he is a solid baseline striker, but letting him play is like letting Hitler play if he were a good tennis player :lol:

Caio_Brasil
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Epic stuff.

Hopefully Dani considers starting 2011 in São Paulo.

romismak
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqrCuIB76gs
here is link with video

Everyone can see that Cuevas never hit him he is just stupid jerk and he never will be good player so what is he doing still on tour i don´t know. Probably money- and betting...

dijus
09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
hahah, what a comedy

philosophicalarf
09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
In the words of the famous advert.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmT2sJAWFSs&p=E452339E1100172D&playnext=1&index=25

straitup
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM

But of course anyone who is anyone on MTF knows to click on any thread involving Dani because it obviously has comedy in it. Kinda like King Oscar

Everko
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Real tennis fans are away bjurra sadly.

Real tennis fans like mental headcases who are terrible sports rather than great champions?

Orka_n
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Real tennis fans like mental headcases who are terrible sports rather than great champions?Um, are you implying that the Nadaltards are "great champions"? :scratch:

Also, don't worry, my name change is on the way. I'm a man of my word. Unlike you (http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/Orka_n/Everkofail.jpg?t=1284486409)

Mateya
09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
WWhy isn't this disgusting headcase banned from tennis already? :rolleyes:

r2473
09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
The shtick is a little stale.

It is funny that after he faked the injury and nobody cared, he was stuck and pretty much had to retire. Not well thought out.

His opponent (Cuevas) handled it well. Dani goes down like a ton of bricks howling in pain and he just walked back to the baseline. Didn't even look at him really.

tribalfusion
09-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Dani should get a wildcard into every GS and Masters, only player left on tour with a real personality :yeah:

Needless to say....no. Unless race-baiting among other things is what you think of as "real personality."

tribalfusion
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Um, are you implying that the Nadaltards are "great champions"? :scratch:

Also, don't worry, my name change is on the way. I'm a man of my word. Unlike you (http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/Orka_n/Everkofail.jpg?t=1284486409)

In the form of a question he pretty much stated something else which is pretty easy to understand i.e. serious fans of tennis primarily enjoy high level play not sometimes racist and almost always pathetic antics from Koellerer.

Montego
09-14-2010, 11:48 PM
I hope that Koellerer stays in rankings where he is and will have to play qualies for challengers.