the bulk of the pressure's now on nole.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

the bulk of the pressure's now on nole..

anticaria
09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
and here's why:

with the rain delay and the postponement of the final, nole may have gained much needed extra time to rest and regroup.. however, here's something nole was not counting on.. the bulk of the pressure just shifted from rafa's shoulders to his cause now that the serbian's enjoyed an extra 24 hours' reprieve, the expectations are squarely on him to prove that, privided he's well rested, he can take rafa down today, as per his 7:3 hc h2h lead, and dispel any notions that he's a mere one-slam wonder..

as they say.. you gotta be careful what you wish for.. nole wished for rain and now he may have more pressure on him than he bargained for..

i really think it's gonna be infinitely more devastating for nole to lose today, knowing he'll have no excuses to plead, than if he'd lost yesterday and naturally claimed to have been too tired, etc..

godspeed handling the pressure, nole! :wavey:

MalwareDie
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
:o Stop creating more threads. And it is Nadal who is under more pressure.

GayBury
09-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree, he will have to bend over sooner or later because of all that pressure.

Time Violation
09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
:o Stop creating more threads. And it is Nadal who is under more pressure.

Correct and correct :D

NJ88
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Nole isn't under more pressure, Nadal is going for his career grand slam in his first US Open final, he's got more to gain from winning this match. If he does, he's definatly considered in the running for the GOAT.

careergrandslam
09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
nadal hasnt won a HC title for 18 months.

Manequin75
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
well I am under most pressure - more than both players :) Im emotionally invested in Rafa and hope he wins. To ease the pain from his loss I have bet some good size chunk of cash on nole and if he wins and Rafa loses I will very disappointedly count the cash I won. (Novak win payout is 3.25 times your bet)

If Rafa wins sure I will lose some cash but I wouldnt mind it :). The bet is like an insurance policy. You hope you never have to use it.

Manequin75
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
nadal hasnt won a HC title for 18 months.

he hadnt won any title for 11 months. Then won 5 in quick succession. THe HC drought has to end. What better day than today. Keep the faith. You are a fan but very bashful of Rafa on HC. He has played pretty well this year in nyc and has improved vastly. Take it easy and celeberate rafa biting the USO trophy tonight :)

Boognish
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
and here's why:

with the rain delay and the postponement of the final, nole may have gained much needed extra time to rest and regroup.. however, here's something nole was not counting on.. the bulk of the pressure just shifted from rafa's shoulders to his cause now that the serbian's enjoyed an extra 24 hours' reprieve, the expectations are squarely on him to prove that, privided he's well rested, he can take rafa down today, as per his 7:3 hc h2h lead, and dispel any notions that he's a mere one-slam wonder..

as they say.. you gotta be careful what you wish for.. nole wished for rain and now he may have more pressure on him than he bargained for..

i really think it's gonna be infinitely more devastating for nole to lose today, knowing he'll have no excuses to plead, than if he'd lost yesterday and naturally claimed to have been too tired, etc..

godspeed handling the pressure, nole! :wavey:

this forum is under pressure from the weight of your bullshit

anticaria
09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Nole isn't under more pressure, Nadal is going for his career grand slam in his first US Open final, he's got more to gain from winning this match. If he does, he's definatly considered in the running for the GOAT.

rafa has nothing to prove to anyone on this or any other surface, hence he can't possibly have any more pressure on him than a kid who's barely got one slam title win over jo-willy tsonga under his belt.. rafa's own record against roger as well as his 8 slam titles on all slam surfaces: clay, grass and hc, at the age of 24, automatically assure he'll be in the running for 'goat' soon enough anyway, as he's just now reaching his all-surface peak and will no doubt add more slams to his resume..

however, most importantly, it is nole who leads rafa 7:3 on hc, is he not? the big mean serbian hc machine..

and weren't we told that with the extra 24 hours postponement, nole suddenly had the upper hand against rafa and had the spaniard's number? yup, we sure were..

not to mention the added pressure on nole to prove he's no one-slam wonder..

face it.. the overwhelming bulk of the pressure's now squarely on nole to deliver hc victory no. 8 against rafa.. and he has no excuses if he loses, cause he's now all rested and regrouped and there are no unfair advantages..

besides, nole's a former uso finalist.. which adds even more pressure into the mix cause he can't allow rafa to win his first uso on only his first trip to the final, while the serbian would have to settle once again for second best.. first to roger in '07, now to rafa in '10? nope, nole cannot allow that to happen to him again..

anticaria
09-13-2010, 10:17 PM
yup, i bet nole's definitely feeling the bulk of the pressure now during this second rain delay.. :devil:

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Both Pressure is on both guys!

You gotta be kidding me if the other player isn't as much pressured as the other!

anticaria
09-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Both Pressure is on both guys!

You gotta be kidding me if the other player isn't as much pressured as the other!

i never said rafa had no pressure on him.. i said the bulk of the pressure was now on the serbian after the 24-hour reprieve and the 2nd rain delay.. and i believe the eventual outcome proved my point.. the serbian was simply no match mentally for the spaniard today..

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:26 AM
i never said rafa had no pressure on him.. i said the bulk of the pressure was now on the serbian after the 24-hour reprieve and the 2nd rain delay.. and i believe the eventual outcome proved my point.. the serbian was simply no match mentally for the spaniard today..

Alright.
Bless your soul darlin'