If Rafa wins today what excuses will say the haters? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Rafa wins today what excuses will say the haters?

NadalesDios
09-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Djokovic has rested 48 hours and has a positive h2h against Nadal in hardcourts.
I'm curious.

Ben.
09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
One thing is for sure, win or lose, there will be many excuses.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Djokovic has rested 48 hours and has a positive h2h against Nadal in hardcourts.
I'm curious.

I think your Math is wrong. 48 hours would be impossible since the other match ended like 6 PM two days ago, right? Add the press conferences, and the things Novak did, and he had probably 40 hours to rest. Just saying.

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 06:56 PM
No excuses, but it will be the death of tennis.

tennizen
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
If Rafa wins today, I hope the excuses will slay the haters.

NadalesDios
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I think your Math is wrong. 48 hours would be impossible since the other match ended like 6 PM two days ago, right? Add the press conferences, and the things Novak did, and he had probably 40 hours to rest. Just saying.

Djokovic played the quarters in wednesday and Rafa in thursday, i suppose that doesn't count...

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 06:59 PM

Nah. I can't see Nadal winning more than 3 more slams. His era is truly over I think. His body will start breaking down in 25, and I would not be surprised if he retires by 28. That style of play can't be sustained for too long. You got to understand. Nadal is not really talented. He just runs fast.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Djokovic played the quarters in wednesday and Rafa in thursday, i suppose that doesn't count...

don't change the subject. You said 48 hours before the final. It is not going to be 48 hours straight. Come on man. I said Nadal is favorite. Why do you keep trying to frame me as an anti-nadal

Castafiore
09-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Nadal is not really talented. He just runs fast.
:rolls: Come on, man, put some effort into this instead of sounding like a dumb parrot. You can do it. :hug: Get creative.

NadalesDios
09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
don't change the subject. You said 48 hours before the final. It is not going to be 48 hours straight. Come on man. I said Nadal is favorite. Why do you keep trying to frame me as an anti-nadal

48 hours, 2 days... doesn't matter, djokovic is well rested and has an evident advantage in hardcourts.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 07:10 PM
48 hours, 2 days... doesn't matter, djokovic is well rested ans has an evident advantage in hardcourts.

I am sorry. Novak did not get 2 days of rest. His match ended like 6 PM or something. Unless time stopped and I didn't notice, he did not get 48 hours. 2 days = 48 hours. Nadal went first and got more than 48 hours. That's true. But it won't matter. We will know in 4 hours whether Nadal is grabbing the torch from Roger and runs with it to win perhaps his 9th slam or becomes a victim to his own overconfidence. can't wait.

viruzzz
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
There are NO excuses.
Just I can't stand stupid people saying that Rafita is the GOAT.
I can't stand that

heartbroken
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Nah. I can't see Nadal winning more than 3 more slams. His era is truly over I think. His body will start breaking down in 25, and I would not be surprised if he retires by 28. That style of play can't be sustained for too long. You got to understand. Nadal is not really talented. He just runs fast.

Somebody get Usain Bolt a tennis racket! :)

TheWall
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Definately.

Personally, I'm pretty sure the Nadal-tards will be the ones making excuses after the final.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Definately.

Personally, I'm pretty sure the Nadal-tards will be the ones making excuses after the final.

And it's fun. Making excuses is fun. Ain't it? At least Roger didn't make one this time.

r2473
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM

Pray for death.

brent-o
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Funny, tennis must be a zombie right now because it supposedly died at Wimbledon 2008. :p

TheWall
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
And it's fun. Making excuses is fun. Ain't it? At least Roger didn't make one this time.

Not really, most excuses are getting really old.

More than anything, Federer was probably just happy he didn't had to put his legacy on the line in the final.

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Not really, when they both played easy 3 setters in those matches :rolleyes:

Nole Rules
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM

this.he is like Mugfils but with a brain.

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Funny, tennis must be a zombie right now because it supposedly died at Wimbledon 2008. :p
That was a wound, as Wimbledon was slow, so it was expected Nadal would win on it.
Same with Australia, though that was a fluke.

Wimbledon 2008 = Tennis injured
Australian Open 2009 = Tennis suffers severe stroke
Wimbledon 2010 = Tennis goes into a coma
US Open = Death of tennis??

r2473
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
this.he is like Mugfils but with a brain.

"Kinda like Nashville with a tan"

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Cyrusking got it right.
Nadal just runs around and hits high topspin balls.

LaFuria
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
What excuse do you have for making an obvious troll account?

Florida
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
If Rafa wins it will be deserved as it usually is, because he will run down everything that he can and because he was more focused, composed, mentally strong and emotionally more stable than Nole!!!!!!!!! He could very well capitalize on Nole's weaknesses if Nole does not turn on the cruise control......

brent-o
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
That was a wound, as Wimbledon was slow, so it was expected Nadal would win on it.
Same with Australia, though that was a fluke.

Wimbledon 2008 = Tennis injured
Australian Open 2009 = Tennis suffers severe stroke
Wimbledon 2010 = Tennis goes into a coma
US Open = Death of tennis??

Are the prospects that grim for tennis? Give it to me straight, doc. Any chance of recovery?

Nole Rules
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Cyrusking got it right.

yes he is 100% right.
Nallby, Murray and the Djoker are way more talented than him IMO!! but talent only isn't enough as we all know.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Cyrusking got it right.

Exactly. I don't see the genius of Djokovic, Federer, or other guys in him. That does not mean he is not good at what he does. I mean Roddick can't play tennis at all and I still respect him. He can server. Nadal can run and hit moon balls :). He is in a different league when it comes to defense. But defense ain't going to win you matches against consistent players like Del Potro and Djokovic. This final is Djokovic's unless he chokes.

NadalesDios
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Cyrusking got it right.

As you say a brainless guy but that run very fast has an h2h advantage over the entire ATP tour and most importantly over the so called GOAT...and is nº1 tennis player in the world, i'm sorry but that doesn't makes sense to me, speaking with logic he is the best tennis player in the world, anything else is bullshit.

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Are the prospects that grim for tennis? Give it to me straight, doc. Any chance of recovery?
Yes, if Nadal loses to Djokovic tonight, tennis will recover and start to come out of its coma. If Nadal has some humiliating losses over the next few months, we should see tennis awake by the end of the year.
If Nadal fails to win a single non clay slam next year and is humiliated on hard, tennis should be fully recovered.
yes he is 100% right.
Nallby, Murray and the Djoker are way more talented than him IMO!! but talent only isn't enough as we all know.
100% correct.

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
yes he is 100% right.

Nadal's talent is hyped up. Mostly because he breaks people's will with his resistance. It's like how Inter beat Barca when Barca had a more talented team, right? Best Defense can beat Best but inconsistent offense. But if Djokovic comes out firing, I see another 6-2 6-2 6-2. As my friend says, warm regards :)

NadalesDios
09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
What excuse do you have for making an obvious troll account?

Argentinian hating on spanish players, no? Xd

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
As you say a brainless guy but that run very fast has an h2h advantage over the entire ATP tour and most importantly over the so called GOAT...and is nº1 tennis player in the world, i'm sorry but that doesn't makes sense to me, speaking with logic he is the best tennis player in the world, anything else is bullshit.
Does your username mean "Nadal is God"?
Original.

As for Nadal, there are 100 more talented players than him on the tour, he only wins from lucky draws, cheating and opponents who choke and completely lose it.

Florida
09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Does your username mean "Nadal is God"?
Original.

As for Nadal, there are 100 more talented players than him on the tour, he only wins from lucky draws, cheating and opponents who choke and completely lose it.

I really hope Nole will not be one of them today:eek:

Sophocles
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Weak era.

Veronique
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm growing very tired of you, this OP, and all the Rafa fans seeking validation from posters that will never give him credit no matter what. Enough is enough already! Rafa doesn't need MTF to tell him how good he is. Just keep your insecurities to yourselves! Geez!

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
if nadal wins then he played one tough (tired) opponent to win the us open and had 6 byes

still impressive for his style of play

but the usta brought back the challenger round just for nadal

allpro
09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
blue clay.

born_on_clay
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
honesty, I dont's give a shit :haha:

bayvalle
09-14-2010, 02:07 AM

One of which will be: Verdasco and Lopez "helped" Rafa reach the semifinals.

TheBoiledEgg
09-14-2010, 02:41 AM
a) blue clay
b) lucky draw
c) got lucky
d) more luck
e) fixed the draw
f) paid his opponents to lose

Serenidad
09-14-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't know what to say. Clearly Toni has a hand in this.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:46 AM
a) blue clay
b) lucky draw
c) got lucky
d) more luck
e) fixed the draw
f) paid his opponents to lose

You can't really apply "F" right.. or else

he would have beaten Davydenko more!

megadeth
09-14-2010, 02:48 AM

yeah, they've been saying that for the past 4 or 5 years now... eventually it will happen.. but if it happens by the time he's 28, then he proves he's superhuman because most players (even not playing nadal's style) decline by that age...

oddkayla
09-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Blame his parents for birthing a mutant! Remember how he recovered from this lengthy match against Verdasco in Australia and won a 5setter against Federer? Proof that he is a freak of nature and should not be allowed on a tennis court with mortals who need the full 48hours to recover, not heavens forbid just 40hrs!!!!:/

Mimi
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
:rolls: Come on, man, put some effort into this instead of sounding like a dumb parrot. You can do it. :hug: Get creative.
yeah, Monfils is faster:eek:

freeandlonely
09-14-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't know. I'm totally convincecd.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 12:26 PM
hey haters ????

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3526/usopen0913finalvsdjokou.jpg