Does Djokovic have Nadal's number...on hardcourts?[??] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Does Djokovic have Nadal's number...on hardcourts?[??]

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Djokovic has won their last 3 [Cincinatti 09; Paris 09; WTF 09] hardcourt meetings, all very easily.
he has a 7-3 record againt Nadal on hard [all of his wins against Nadal]and most have been pretty easy wins.
If he wins the final, it will be 8-3.
Does Djokovic have Nadal's number on hardcourts?
Seems like it? [I think yes]
If he wins the final, it will also be in slams.

So, does Djokovic have Nadal's number on hardcourts?

Persimmon
09-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Definetely. Beating Nadal for a 4th consecutive match on HC will prove it today.

Sapeod
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Also, Djokovic has a game plan that Nadal is not good enough to counter.
To put it simpler:
Djokovic >>>>> Nadal on hardcourts.

Don't be surprised if the final is a straights sets win for Novak.

Nolby
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Djokovic has won their last 3 [Cincinatti 09; Paris 09; WTF 09] hardcourt meetings, all very easily.
he has a 7-3 record againt Nadal on hard [all of his wins against Nadal]and most have been pretty easy wins.
If he wins the final, it will be 8-3.
Does Djokovic have Nadal's number on hardcourts?
Seems like it? [I think yes]
If he wins the final, it will also be in slams.

So, does Djokovic have Nadal's number on hardcourts?

I've been watching Rafa for a long time, and I've never seen him in this kind of form on hard courts. You have to BEAT Rafa. He is like the Terminator Robot for Tennis, returning everything and making his opponent hit 6 winners to get a single point; even worse now that he is leading in his Service game along with his typical top 3 in Return of Service (ROS). He hasn't dropped a set so far, and none of his matches has even been remotely competitive. Scary stuff!! :eek:

This isn't the Rafa from the summer of 2009; much more like the one from the summer of 2008, only with a big serve too. But this isn't the Nole of 2009 either. This one is much cleaner and more confident, and he has stabilized many parts of his game.

I wouldn't put any precedent to this match by looking at past matches because Nole's Service is also much better, although it is his First Service Percentage that has improved the most on his part instead of Service power. Nole has been serving in the mid to high 60's for First Service Percentage, staying within himself and not going for too much, and he already has the #1 ranked ROS game, so it will be interesting to see if he can do anything with that new rocket fueled Rafa service. Neither player reminds me of themselves in the past, so I would throw out all H2H stats for this match.

That is a fancy way of saying I have no idea what to expect in the match today. :shrug: We will all learn quite a bit. :p

SheepleBuster
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I think Novak has the potential to beat Rafa on any surface. I mean he is more talented than Rafa. But on hardcourts, he is in a different league.

viruzzz
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
I really hope for a Joker victory over Nadull.
Djoko deserves more than he got, he's a "1st class tennis player" and he only got 1 slam... C'mon!

anticaria
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
yeah, when rafa's rusty or strugling with lack of confidence and match toughness, or an overall inability to close out close hc matches, nole has his number..

however, against this new-and-improved rafa, i'm not so sure..

nole narrowly escaped defeat at the hands of an over-the-hill roger on saturday in 5 long sets.. and if roger had not blinked on match point, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now..

today's a different scenario though, as nole will have to play the match of his life in an attempt to reverse his 0:4 deficit against rafa in best-of-five matches....

question is: has nole already peaked? i believe that narrow escape in the semis, in which he inexplicably still allowed old man roger to push him to 5 sets and reach match point first, may have put a seed of self-doubt in nole's head despite the win.. that dazed look of disbelief across nole's face after that match spoke volumes..

again, here's nole's problem: how many positives can he take from a match in which he allowed a 29-year-old to push you to the breaking point when his opponent in the final is the current world's number one, who incidentally has not dropped a set on his way to the final?

r2473
09-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Does Djokovic have Nadal's number...on hardcourts?

867-5309

prafull
09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
In best of three set matches- YES (if he can win in straight sets). In short, he can't win set no. 3, 4 or 5 against Nadal no matter what the surface.

Florida
09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Let's not get carried away before his biggest slam final ever!!!!!! He will show what he is made of today in the long rallies with Rafa Nadal the tennis terminator and the man made our of steel. I really hope for a Nole victory, but will never count out Nadal! We will talk tomorrow!!!!!! Let the games begin and may Nole play his heart out like he has this tournament........

Michael Bluth
09-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been watching Rafa for a long time, and I've never seen him in this kind of form on hard courts. You have to BEAT Rafa. He is like the Terminator Robot for Tennis, returning everything and making his opponent hit 6 winners to get a single point; even worse now that he is leading in his Service game along with his typical top 3 in Return of Service (ROS). He hasn't dropped a set so far, and none of his matches has even been remotely competitive. Scary stuff!! :eek:

This isn't the Rafa from the summer of 2009; much more like the one from the summer of 2008, only with a big serve too. But this isn't the Nole of 2009 either. This one is much cleaner and more confident, and he has stabilized many parts of his game.

I wouldn't put any precedent to this match by looking at past matches because Nole's Service is also much better, although it is his First Service Percentage that has improved the most on his part instead of Service power. Nole has been serving in the mid to high 60's for First Service Percentage, staying within himself and not going for too much, and he already has the #1 ranked ROS game, so it will be interesting to see if he can do anything with that new rocket fueled Rafa service. Neither player reminds me of themselves in the past, so I would throw out all H2H stats for this match.

That is a fancy way of saying I have no idea what to expect in the match today. :shrug: We will all learn quite a bit. :p

In this kind of form?

If he beats Djokovic to win the title he deserves it, but his draw has been utterly pathetic. Youzhny in the finals and his personal prison bitch in the quarters?

Matt01
09-14-2010, 01:34 AM
To put it simpler:

Why do you always fail, you troll?

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Yes, he does! Fitness decided this match. Nole was dead after two sets.

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 01:38 AM
To put it simpler:

OMG!!!

You are totally correct!
In REVERSE!!

megadeth
09-14-2010, 01:41 AM
keep in mind that the last 3 wins on HC was during the time that nadal was on a "slump" (by his standards) in 2009

azinna
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM
^ Yep. Obvious point of consideration.

Aaric
09-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Why are you a fail in so many ways?

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 01:49 AM
To put it simpler:

fail
next

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Why are you a fail in so many ways?

do I really have to say it again ? we all know what's going on with this poster :D:wavey:

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 01:55 AM
keep in mind that the last 3 wins on HC was during the time that nadal was on a "slump" (by his standards) in 2009

Keep in mind that Djokovic had won 4 of the last 6 before that, including a 2-1 H2H (5-2 in sets 39-24 in games) in 2008.

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 02:25 AM
If Novak can "change the grip a little" on his serve, he'll never lose to Rafa ever again on hard court when fresh.

HarryMan
09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
To put it simpler:

:lol:

star
09-14-2010, 02:44 AM
To put it simpler:

Congratulations :worship: You have outdone yourself.

peribsen
09-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Yes, he does! Fitness decided this match. Nole was dead after two sets.

Will you never stop bitching? face it, if they had played two weeks later, you would still argue that it was due to how tired he was... Of course, you'll never accept that as a factor in the SF rafa lost to Murray in 2008...

Didn't know Swedish girls could be quite so small minded!

Priam
09-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Maybe in TMS and MM tourneys. GS bo5, edge to Nadal.

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 03:18 AM
What? I'm not "bitching". :rolleyes: Novak was given a rest day which is all a player should be entitled to. :shrug:

Filo V.
09-14-2010, 03:29 AM
People still complaining about fairness. How childish at this point.

Obviously, Rafa answered this question today, and he answered the question with Murray and Soderling previously. No-one has his number when it really counts.