Davis Cup Final Four (France, Argentina, Serbia, Czech Rep)- Who Will Win in 2010? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup Final Four (France, Argentina, Serbia, Czech Rep)- Who Will Win in 2010?

Nolby
09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
These are the remaining 4 World Group Davis Cup Semi-Final participants. Only one country will win as always.

Between Argentina, France, Serbia and the Czech Republic, which country do you believe will win the Davis Cup in 2010? (Poll will close after next weekend's Semi-Finals)

More information: http://www.daviscup.com/

Argentina vs. France (be aware both Tsonga and Benneteau are injured for France and not playing in this tie; but also Del Potro for Argentina is still out due to injury, but all would probably be available for the Final)
http://i51.tinypic.com/j64e3o.jpg

Czech Republic vs. Serbia
http://i54.tinypic.com/28ahowl.jpg

Elena.
09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
La France

ktdude
09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I'd say France.

Nolby
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
My best guess:

-Lyons indoors favors Nalby, the DC monster, in both his rubbers. Zeballos/Schwank just made the Semi-Finals in the U.S. Open. They should prevail for the tiebreak rubber in Doubles. Any match Pico could win would be a bonus.
Argentina wins on the road for third straight tie.

-Nole, Troicki and Janko are too much for Berdych and Steps hasn't played well the entire year. The 17,000 seating arena in Serbia will heavily favor the home team.
Serbia wins at home.

Argentina vs. Serbia

-Del Potro returns for Argentina in the Finals; King David and Del Pony lead Argentina to long awated Davis Cup title. :D

tennishero
09-13-2010, 11:12 AM
My best guess:

-Lyons indoors favors Nalby, the DC monster, in both his rubbers. Zeballos/Schwank just made the Semi-Finals in the U.S. Open. They should prevail for the tiebreak rubber in Doubles. Any match Pico could win would be a bonus.

-Nole, Troicki and Janko are too much for Berdych and Steps hasn't played well the entire year. The 17,000 seating arena in Serbia will heavily favor the home team.
Serbia wins at home.

Argentina vs. Serbia

-Del Potro returns for Argentina in the Finals; King David and Del Pony lead Argentina to long awated Davis Cup title. :D

sounds good :)

LaFuria
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
My best guess:

Serbia wins at home.

Argentina vs. Serbia

:worship:

born_on_clay
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Serbia

Helevorn
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
france and serbia win here, if in the final France plays with llodra/benneteau in doubles, gasquet and monfils there will be a 4-1

Helevorn
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
My best guess:

you're not familiar with France homecrowd I think :lol:

Argentina won't win this, Llodra will S&V them to death and there are few chances for Monfils to lose too. I hate both nations but tennis will win here, and tennis is not called Zeballos nor Schwank

Nolby
09-13-2010, 12:04 PM
you're not familiar with France homecrowd I think :lol:

Argentina won't win this, Llodra will S&V them to death and there are few chances for Monfils to lose too. I hate both nations but tennis will win here, and tennis is not called Zeballos nor Schwank

You must not be aware Nalbandian has an 18-4 lifetime Davis Cup record in singles (11-5 in Doubles) and has a lifetime record of 80-29 indoors. He also is EXTREMELY motivated to win it this year as he proved by flying to Sweden at the last moment earlier this year to lead them to victory. Nobody wants the DC more than King David, and having it played indoors plays right into his hands.

Zeballos/Schwank just made the Semis at the U.S. Open. :p France is going to be tough, no doubt, without Del Potro, but Nalby will be there for Doubles too if needed.

france and serbia win here, if in the final France plays with llodra/benneteau in doubles, gasquet and monfils there will be a 4-1

Nalby is 7-0 career against Gasquet (17-2 in sets). I am praying they play Gasquet against him. :p

As stated in Original post, Benneteau is injured and not playing at all.

finishingmove
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
serbia over argentina

_Chaz
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I say Serbia because of Djokovic and a good doubles team. They will beat the Czechs easily 4-1 or so. Djokovic will win his singles and Troicki will Stepanek beat, too (he beat him 2 times in the US) and doubles is also Serbia´s.
France vs Argentina is much more tricky. I expect 2 single wins for France (both against Monaco) and 2 for Argentina (Nalbandian) so the doubles will decide. If Benneteau played, I would pick France, but that fact makes it more difficult to predict a winner in that match.

canas
09-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Argentina

Schu
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
If it keeps raining in NYC NOle won't even make it to the final.

Argentina takes it. If Nalbandian stays healthly, not many could beat him in DC, especially indoors. Unless Llodra is S&V king again for 3 wins, I don't see France getting 3 wins against Nalby and a doubles team that just made USO semis. BUt ya never know in DC.

Pirata.
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
My best guess:

Serbia wins at home.

Argentina vs. Serbia

:worship:

tennishero
09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
monfils twisted his ankle during training, not sure how serious it is but we should find out tomorow.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I would say Serbia, with that said, with the events occurring in NYC, Nole is at a serious disadvantage, and Janko has been injured. So now, I think France v Czech final, where France is a slight favorite.

dombrfc
09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
My best guess:

Serbia wins at home.

Argentina vs. Serbia

I'd take that :)

Waterfox
09-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Simonn vs Nole for the Final!