Who do YOU want to win the 2010 US Open Men's Final between Nadal and Djokovic? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who do YOU want to win the 2010 US Open Men's Final between Nadal and Djokovic?

coonster14
09-13-2010, 06:33 AM
So, for the first time in 7 years, we will have a final between two players who have never won the US Open before.

The question is, who do YOU want to win the final tomorrow? And, also any particular reason why you will be cheering for one player over the other?

Since I'm a RAFOLE fan, I only hope for a good, hard-fought match, I'm happy for whoever will win, and will be sad for whoever loses, I guess that's part of being a RAFOLE fan, no?

Discuss.

Mimi
09-13-2010, 06:46 AM
of course Rafa, I am ok with Nole, but I love Rafa the most

viruzzz
09-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Nole... He deserves it more than Rafa.
Rafa didn't face anyone, if he wins the tournament it's another time the world shows there's no justice.

Mimi
09-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Nole... He deserves it more than Rafa.
Rafa didn't face anyone, if he wins the tournament it's another time the world shows there's no justice.

no justice? What did rafa do? he beat someone or stole someone's property?

Nolby
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Nole, and it isn't even close. I would love to see him finally win another slam. A second slam would mean so much to him and it would be good for the game to have some competition for the tournaments.

Then I hope Del Pony comes back soon, King David gets back his mojo, and we can have some competitive tennis again instead of a slam swallowing contest. :yeah:

pica_pica
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Nole, of course :hearts: But I'm fine with Rafa winning. :)

ZaZoo)
09-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Nole of course, Nadal winning too much already and this could be a turning point for Nole.

freeandlonely
09-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Nole of course.

born_on_clay
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Rafa

nadal_slam_king
09-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Beating Nadal in a GS Final ain't as easy as imitating him. You need to be a real tennis player for 3 sets. No Federeresque 6-1 6-2 donations will be comin your way. It don't matter who any of us want to win, there is only one player capable of winning this USO :yeah:

Nole fan
09-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Nole, of course.

LaFuria
09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Novak winning, like JMDP last year, would be a step in the right direction redeeming tennis from the mug era. Still a long way to go, but at least it would mean one less player who is afraid of "Fedal"

sanshisan
09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Nole, and it isn't even close. I would love to see him finally win another slam. A second slam would mean so much to him and it would be good for the game to have some competition for the tournaments.

Then I hope Del Pony comes back soon, King David gets back his mojo, and we can have some competitive tennis again instead of a slam swallowing contest. :yeah:

Yes Absolutely I agree.

Ajde Nole!

FormerRafaFan
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm going with Nadal.. I've been a fan of him for 7 years now and I want him to get his career grand slam.

I do have a bad feeling though. He definitely has to play his very best if he wants to stand a chance against Novak. Nole is a very though opponent, and it is far from guaranteed that Rafa is going to win today. I'm more confident if he wins the first set though. I'm sure it will be an interesting match nontheless, and this final does perhaps have a higher ertainment value for the viewers than a Fedal final.

What a surprise.. Rafa haters out in full force today I see.

andylovesaustin
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Nole, of course :hearts: But I'm fine with Rafa winning. :)

I feel the same way. My heart wants Nole because I just like the guy..always have.

I'd also like to see history being made by Rafa though. I think it would be cool to see someone win the "trifecta" after how long now--forty something years?

But.. I just like Nole. I can't help it.

New Balls Please
09-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Two months ago I may have chosen Nadal just to see him win a career Grand Slam, but now I want to see Djokovic win his second slam. When Djokovic reverts back to his aggresive baseline play, his style is very attractive/pleasing/beautiful.

freeandlonely
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Wish a good match but c'mon Nole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Most people (not all, like REAL Djokovic fans) here want Nole to win because most people here don't want Rafa to have the CGS and be considered among the greats of the game, nor do they want Rafa tarnishing their dreams of what hard court players are "supposed" to be. Sad how so many can be driven by such hatred towards a great of the game.

Anyway, both are great players so I wish mostly for a great match! But definitely I want to see Rafa getting that title so he can cross another thing of his career checklist.

yeemmi
09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Nole of course

Nole fan
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Most people (not all, like REAL Djokovic fans) here want Nole to win because most people here don't want Rafa to have the CGS and be considered among the greats of the game, nor do they want Rafa tarnishing their dreams of what hard court players are "supposed" to be. Sad how so many can be driven by such hatred towards a great of the game.

Anyway, both are great players so I wish mostly for a great match! But definitely I want to see Rafa getting that title so he can cross another thing of his career checklist.

No, you're wrong. I think that most people just want to see Nole win his second grand slam after two years and see him revert back to his beautiful aggressive style of play, good for the game, simply put. Rafa has won Wimbledon and FO this year, what more do you want? greedy!

danielmom
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope Rafa wins so he can have the carrer slam but I would be happy for Nole if he wins because it would be well deserved. I also wish people would stop bitching about Rafa's easy draw. He does not pick and choose who he plays. It's not his fault that eveyone on his side of the draw that could beat him did not make it that far.

Serenidad
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Oh Djokovic for sure, for sure.

NJ88
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Nole all the way, he's played magnificently through this tournament and it's about time he won his second Slam.

Florida
09-13-2010, 06:53 PM
My heart says Nole because I am a die hard Nole fan. By brain says Rafa, because I am scared Nole will be overwhelmed............ I guess I am scared......... I know Rafa is a tennis machine and when fit he is hard to beat...........

shiaben
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I wanted Nadal to win, just to see him bag a U.S. OPEN title for the very first time. But with Djokovic amazing base game, and that massive forehand, that really moves around Roger, It truly is hard to imagine him defeating Nole, even if his defense is amazing, and the way it frustrated the likes of players like Verdasco and Soderling.

If Nadal managed to defeat Djokovic, I think it would be in a way where Djokovic would have a lot of UE, serve % would drop, and a lot of those UE would be made from taking risky low % shots like going for the lines or difficult cross courts.

r2473
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Rafa by Joker retiring. Then they both complete their career slams at the same time.

Poetic somehow.

KarlyM
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I almost always pick someone to root for when I watch matches. I'm rooting for Rafa, but I wouldn't be upset if Nole won - I like him, too. :)