Can Rafa win 5 GS's in a row? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Can Rafa win 5 GS's in a row?

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Not as ridiculous as it sounds.
If Nadal can win the USO he should have a good chance at the AO. That would be 4 GS's in a row and he would be favored at RG giving him 5 GS's in a row on 3 different surfaces. His GS final record would be 11-2.
There's Del Potro, Murray, Djokovic, Federer and others standing in his way at the AO but he should be fresh and injury free.
He would be in the GOAT discussion if he never won anything else IMO.

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Not as ridiculous as it sounds.
If Nadal can win the USO he should have a good chance at the AO. That would be 4 GS's in a row and he would be favored at RG giving him 5 GS's in a row on 3 different surfaces. His GS final record would be 11-2.
There's Del Potro, Murray, Djokovic, Federer and others standing in his way at the AO but he should be fresh and injury free.
He would be in the GOAT discussion if he never won anything else IMO.

Any reason you stopped at 5? Why not 6, 7 or 11?

Lets win today first yeah?

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
:'(

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Any reason you stopped at 5? Why not 6, 7 or 11?

Lets win today first yeah?

Vote on the poll.
I'm not a Rafa fan but do like him.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
No, no, no, no!!!!

Murray will be back for the Aussie Open with a vengeance, and we all know what happens when they meet on HC.
Delpo, depending on how he's feeling, could pose a threat.

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
No, no, no, no!!!!

Murray will be back for the Aussie Open with a vengeance, and we all know what happens when they meet on HC.
Delpo, depending on how he's feeling, could pose a threat.

Davydenko can give him problems, Potro, Soderling, etc.
The AO suits his game more the the USO, he may have time to perfect his serve also, when to use it and who it works with the best.

Infinity
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Too early for a poll. You should wait till he gets the US Open first, then ask a simpler question

Can he hold the 4 slams at one time?

This will be huge.

but again, you should wait till he gets USO.

peribsen
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Why don't we simply wait to see if he can win the third one before looking beyond?
And I think it's foolish to discard Djokovic's chances quite so fast...

Do we? You seem to pick and choose what results are meaningful. May I remind you of Indian Wells 2009? Some people would raise the rather lame argument that there was a lot of wind, like if it didn't affect both players and like if managing to adapt your game to difficult conditions was not a pretty good way of proving how much you master the sport. And if you insist on the wind, I could insist that Rafa was worn out after the Olympics and still struggling in AO this year...

Your attitude seems to be much like the one you had before Wimbledon... I grant that Murray is a pretty big challenge for Nadal on HC, but far from the clinched winner you would have him be.

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I shouldn't have put that 4th option, it's getting too many votes.

oranges
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I shouldn't have put that 4th option, it's getting too many votes.

It's irresistable :lol:

To answer, highly unlikely.

peribsen
09-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Only Budge ever won more than 4 on a row, and that was in 1938. He made it six, the beast!