Who could have beat Del Potro at US Open 2010? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who could have beat Del Potro at US Open 2010?

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I have seen a lot of matches this year at the open. I just don't see who would have beat Del Potro here at the US Open if he was fit. Aside from maybe Murray, which gives him trouble, but Murray lost early. Could he repeat like Clisjers if he was fit?

Brick Top
09-12-2010, 01:36 PM
any of top 4 player...

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
any of top 4 player...

You are not serious, are you? He annihilated Nadal last year and has the type of game that troubles Roger. What are you talking about then?

kooties
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
we don't exactly know if the form, and the mental strength that he brought with him to the USO last year is going to be his consistent "healthy" form.

Honestly, I would favor the likes of Murray and Djokovic to beat him here.

finishingmove
09-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Pony would demolish these clowns 2-2-2

Game is at a loss in his absence.

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Pony would demolish these clowns 2-2-2

Game is at a loss in his absence.

Whoever wins this better keep the trophy clean and ready to deliver it next year to Del po :)

tennizen
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Del Potro while a great potential has not proven himself over any consistent period of time.

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Del Potro while a great potential has not proven himself over any consistent period of time.

He almost beat a tough Cilic with a messed up wrist at AO. He was a finalist at year ending championships losing to a game Davydenko. He is defending and will remain defending US Open champ regardless of who wins today. Whatchu talking about? Yes. He is not the best grass court player. But I pick him to win on Clay and hard courts for years (if he gets over his panic attacks).

Start da Game
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
keep making these kind of threads.......all the clowns of mtf will be embarrassed beyond imagination when nadal starts beating each and every upcoming threat on the tour by having them all in his draws, and protect the rankings of murray, fed and del potro........

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
keep making these kind of threads.......all the clowns of mtf will be embarrassed beyond imagination when nadal starts beating each and every upcoming threat on the tour by having them all in his draws, and protect the rankings of murray, fed and del potro........

2-6 2-6 2-6. Just last year. Next.

justine&coria
09-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Come on, Del Potro's game at USOpen '09 was not that impressive...
Nadal let him dominate and Roger was just trashing him until he gave him the match.
Any of the top 5, plus Nalbandian would have had lots of chance beating him.

Ben.
09-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Del Potro obviously is a brilliant player as he showed last year, particularly at the USO. But he has become overrated in his absence, no doubt. Not to say he doesn't have great potential or that he wont win more slams but people proclaiming him as the next no.1 were doing so too early, particularly now that he has had a bad injury, we don't know now how long it will take him to reach his top form again, or even if he will. It is impossible to say how he would have done here, so this thread is completely pointless, which seems to be your MO.

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Del Potro obviously is a brilliant player as he showed last year, particularly at the USO. But he has become overrated in his absence, no doubt. Not to say he doesn't have great potential or that he wont win more slams but people proclaiming him as the next no.1 were doing so too early, particularly now that he has had a bad injury, we don't know now how long it will take him to reach his top form again, or even if he will. It is impossible to say if how he would have done here, so this thread is completely pointless, which seems to be your MO.

I would have read this if it was a bit shorter. But I am sure it was good :devil:

Start da Game
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
2-6 2-6 2-6. Just last year. Next.

next nothing, it was a knee crippled worst form edition last year.......this 2010 nadal with big serving and frightening returns, would wrong foot that huge frame from argentina and overpower him with heavy, sharp and well placed groundies.......

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
next nothing, it was a knee crippled worst form edition last year.......this 2010 nadal with big serving and frightening returns, would wrong foot that huge frame from argentina and overpower him with heavy, sharp and well placed groundies.......

:bs:

kooties
09-12-2010, 02:06 PM

Where's this guy?

Brick Top
09-12-2010, 02:07 PM
You are not serious, are you? He annihilated Nadal last year and has the type of game that troubles Roger. What are you talking about then?

Nadal was still injured and way out of form....Nadal of today would **** De Potro

River
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
This thread is only an assumption of Del Potro, assuming he'd be dominant this whole season or something.

As one poster said, DP seems to have gotten more overrated as time passed while he was away. He's a great player and I think he's always make runs at slams, but to assume that far is pushing it and may result in some disappointment.

keep making these kind of threads....

You're one to talk.

Persimmon
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Murray or Nole.

Chair Umpire
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Who could have beat Del Potro at US Open 2010?

Any of the TOP 5 plus Youzhny and Wawrinka.

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I would never under rate Del Po. It remains to be seen if he can recover his game.
He still was not at his peak, he had been improving steadily for months before the USO 09. His mentality is at the top of the game, this is one area that no matter how good you are it can bring you down, Safin, Berdych, Davydenko to name a few.
Can't wait till he gets back.

Fedicilous
09-12-2010, 04:46 PM

It must be frightening, but only for uncle Tony as a coach, and for every single spectator sitting in opposite during his return games, trying to dodge the ball.

oranges
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I would have read this if it was a bit shorter. But I am sure it was good :devil:

You like making longer OPs which, unlike that post, are not worth the time. Is it the fact that it's a sensible post that bothers you? Unforgivable, even more so in your thread.

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
You like making longer OPs which, unlike that post, are not worth the time. Is it the fact that it's a sensible post that bothers you? Unforgivable, even more so in your thread.

Oh I am sorry. Just because I don't like reading B.S. does not mean you can judge what I do here. The guy was full of BS so I ignored him. I don't like BS. That's all. Unforgivable? My ...

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Only Murray and Federer.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Any of the TOP 5 plus Youzhny and Wawrinka.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Nadal? No.
Djokovic? No.
Federer? Yes.
Murray? Yes.
Soderling? No.
Youzhny? No.
Wawrinka? No.

Don't know how you came up with your conclusion, but it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Chair Umpire
09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Visit my personal homepage. (click on my nickname)

Greetings.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Visit my personal homepage. (click on my nickname)

Greetings.
Me being on your ignore list is a compliment :yeah:

oranges
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh I am sorry. Just because I don't like reading B.S. does not mean you can judge what I do here. The guy was full of BS so I ignored him. I don't like BS. That's all. Unforgivable? My ...

Projecting much? The entire idea and your OP is utter bullshit. How dare he pollute the thread with a sensible post :spit:

LaFuria
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Assuming Del Potro was in his last year US Open form, Murray or Djokovic could have beaten him. He would have exposed most of the other mugs that made it unacceptably far in this tournament, and of course Nadaull and Fedmug.

warm regards...

6-2, 6-2, 6-2

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
warm regards...

6-2, 6-2, 6-2

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
warm regards...

6-2, 6-2, 6-2

warm regards...

6-2, 6-2, 6-2
Looks like this has caught on :lol:

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 05:58 PM

You're a hero

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Projecting much? The entire idea and your OP is utter bullshit. How dare he pollute the thread with a sensible post :spit:

You are getting awfully long with your posts... I read the first sentence though :devil:

Persimmon
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Nadal? No.
Djokovic? No.
Federer? Yes.
Murray? Yes.
Soderling? No.
Youzhny? No.
Wawrinka? No.

Don't know how you came up with your conclusion, but it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Nole owns ballbashers. Even more than Murray does.:wavey:

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Nole owns ballbashers. Even more than Murray does.:wavey:
Well maybe Djokovic as well, but that's it.

LaFuria
09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Well maybe Djokovic as well, but that's it.

Djokovic is probably JMDP's worst matchup on the tour.

tennizen
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
He almost beat a tough Cilic with a messed up wrist at AO. He was a finalist at year ending championships losing to a game Davydenko. He is defending and will remain defending US Open champ regardless of who wins today. Whatchu talking about? Yes. He is not the best grass court player. But I pick him to win on Clay and hard courts for years (if he gets over his panic attacks).

:lol:

Mechlan
09-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Djokovic is probably JMDP's worst matchup on the tour.

Djokovic would have an excellent chance of beating Del Potro. Moot point, Del Potro is doing the right thing not coming back too early. Hope he makes a full recovery.

LaFuria
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Djokovic would have an excellent chance of beating Del Potro. Moot point, Del Potro is doing the right thing not coming back too early. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I agree. As much as I hate to see him not defend his title, he can't rush back unless he wants to cut his career short.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Warm Regards

0 GrandSlams

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
These threads are stupid. The GM is going down the drain, and fast. I see more and more people only posting in the players forums. Wonder why..

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Warm Regards

0 GrandSlams

I dont think you understand :lol:

Guy Haines
09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
:drink:

Who would have? Many players in the draw, since Juan is recovering from an injury.

op's tard timing is impeccable.