The Single Best Reason Novak Won't Win the US Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Single Best Reason Novak Won't Win the US Open

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I am a big fan of Novak, and I hope he pulls it off today. However, he has never beaten Rafa in a 3 out of 5 sets match. He has lost to him at Wimbledon, French Open, and Davis Cup. Never has he beaten Rafa for 3 sets out of 5. Add to that he is tired, and Novak has less chance of beatin Rafa here than Roger or Murray would have had.

Thoughts?

ossie
09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
moreover, nadal has beaten djoker in similar conditions at the olympics (same balls and surface)

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I am a big fan of Novak, and I hope he pulls it off today. However, he has never beaten Rafa in a 3 out of 5 sets match. He has lost to him at Wimbledon, French Open, and Davis Cup. Never has he beaten Rafa for 3 sets out of 5. Add to that he is tired, and Novak has less chance of beatin Rafa here than Roger or Murray would have had.

Thoughts?

I agree.

I've always thought Rafa is really one of the best in 5 set matches.

Now.. if Nole can get off to an early lead.. shake-up Rafa a bit.. then..perhaps...

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I agree.

I've always thought Rafa is really one of the best in 5 set matches.

Now.. if Nole can get off to an early lead.. shake-up Rafa a bit.. then..perhaps...

He needs to jump on Rafa and use his nerves to win the first set like 6-2 or 6-1. Then he has a chance.

MacTheKnife
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
He went 5 sets yesterday, and if he did beat nadal he would need at least 5 sets to do it. Considering all the breathing issues he has, just can't see him playing 10 sets in 24 hours and coming out on top.. Extreme long shot..

BodyServe
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
People were saying Nadal was dead tired after his semi vs Moya at chennai, here it's Djokovic and he is not as fit as Nadal and a best of 5 awaits him...so no chance.

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
He went 5 sets yesterday, and if he did beat nadal he would need at least 5 sets to do it. Considering all the breathing issues he has, just can't see him playing 10 sets in 24 hours and coming out on top.. Extreme long shot..

Yeah.. but if he could take it in three... Nole is gonna have to shake-up Rafa.. He's gonna have to not allow RAfa to dictate...

I was so impressed yesterday with Nole with how much faster he and Roger played than Rafa's play. To me, Rafa plays.. so slowly.

If Nole can somehow speed-up play.. but not play so fast he's not set.. then..perhaps...

I agree though. If it goes to 5, I would think Nole will run out of gas.

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Is it going to rain definitely or just maybe?

prafull
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I think best chance for Novak is when scenario turns out to be something like 2008 semifinal between Murray and Nadal i.e. the match is played over two days. Murray won that match coz rain came to the rescue when Murray was tiring down in the third set after winning first two close sets. He got enough rest and finished Nadal the next day.
I am pretty sure Djokovic will be pretty competitive or may be even better player for first two sets. So if he wins the first set today and get a lead (or win the 2nd set as well) and then the rest of the match is played tomorrow Djokovic will definitely win

finishingmove
09-12-2010, 01:59 PM
THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)

[X] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[X] It is a lame ass troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It was started by Rafa=FedKilla
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] It contains the Croatian contingent in a argument either among themselves or with others
[_] It was started by JustCause
[_] Original Posters grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year olds career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clowns chances at a clay event or in a individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people bitch about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] LOL Jerry Seinfeld
[_] To much sex talk in this thread
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp is called a injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, douche

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Is it going to rain definitely or just maybe?

The sky's look as if it's going to rain tonight. I hope Nole gets that extra day of rest ;)

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 02:06 PM
The sky's look as if it's going to rain tonight. I hope Nole gets that extra day of rest ;)

...DAMN!

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 02:16 PM
...DAMN!

Though I have to say, I am in Philly. about a couple of hours from the place. It looks like night time here there are so many clouds in the sky though ;)

christallh24
09-12-2010, 02:30 PM

Thoughts?

First time for everything. And Novak isn't tired.

Florida
09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Lack of energy!!!!!!! Confidence is there.

Fedicilous
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
When people finally understand that it isn't wet clay or slow grass, where Djoković plays like a defective.
He almost took a set off Nadal in 2008 RG semi, where the Spaniard was in GodMode.

Like I posted before, Nole has a huge shot to win this tournament, despite the 5-setter against Federer yesterday.
HE IS A BETTER HARCOURT PLAYER WITH NO DOUBTS.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
We better hope that Djokovic wins and saves tennis.
If Nadal wins, tennis dies.
If Djokovic wins, tennis is only slightly injured.

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Based on the latest official weather report from the US Open meteorologist, we are expecting intermittent showers today between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m., with occasional showers after 3 p.m. We expect to complete all scheduled matches today, with play not to begin before 1 p.m.

Our next weather advisory will be issued at 12:30 p.m. this afternoon.

For official updates, stay tuned to USOpen.org.

The above is the weather report from the USO site.

What do you all think? I think it's gonna favor Rafa if it's sort of muggy conditions. Wouldn't that slow-down the play a bit?

I think Nole needs faster conditions in order to beat Rafa. The slower the conditions--as in it being sort of muggy-- the better for Rafa?

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 03:26 PM
The above is the weather report from the USO site.

What do you all think? I think it's gonna favor Rafa if it's sort of muggy conditions. Wouldn't that slow-down the play a bit?

I think Nole needs faster conditions in order to beat Rafa. The slower the conditions--as in it being sort of muggy-- the better for Rafa?

Yes it'll play slower with that weather.