Who is the most naturally talented player out of: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is the most naturally talented player out of:

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro

I would say:

1) Djokovic
2) Del Potro
3) Murray

BackhandMissile
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
On his day, Djokovic is well ahead of Murray and slightly better than the talented Del Potro. It's not a coincidence that only one of the three hasn't won a slam.

Sham Kay
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
It's between Djoker and Del po, but I'll have to tip the scale towards Del Po. He came, he conquered without winning a masters, he left the building.

born_on_clay
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
In that order:
1. Nole
2. del Potro
3. Murray

scarecrows
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
natural talent doesnt equal results
for me Murray is the more talented out of the 3, it's whole another story what he chose to do with his game

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Nole. But he's also a headcase at times. Sometimes he just lacks so much confidence.

I also think he DOES have some respiratory problems. Even if it's just severe allergies... that could be a major problem to deal with.

Jaz
09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
DelPo.

His serve is so lethal, and his power hitting. Movement is very good too.

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
i agree its a close one between djokovic and del potro

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Murray is by far more naturally talented than the other 2.

Just because he hasn't won a slam doesn't mean he isn't :rolleyes:

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Murray is by far more naturally talented than the other 2.

Just because he hasn't won a slam doesn't mean he isn't :rolleyes:

are u being sarcastic?

djokovic and del potro have serious game

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I know they do, but Murray is more talented.
He has game, can hit powerful shots, has variety, can volley very well, his slice is brilliant, he can change the pace, change defense into attack, his defensive skills are brilliant, he is fast, he can attack, his dropshots can be great, his lobs are amazing, his passing shots are superb.

Everything about Murray is great, apart from his second serve.

bluefork
09-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I do think Murray has the most variety in his game. Unfortunately, he doesn't always use it well.

Djokovic might be the best athlete of the group. He's really quick and super flexible.

Del Potro's biggest asset is his size and his ability to crush the ball from the baseline.

Of course, it all depends on how you define "natural talent," but I think Murray is probably the most capable of hitting any shot from anywhere on the court. So I'd probably give it to Murray, with Djokovic a close second.

Filo V.
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I would say Murray, but simply because I think Nole has more shotmaking ability I'll give it to him, barely. Murray and Nole are about equal talent to me, Murray has more variety, more things in his toolbox, more overall game perhaps, they both are amazing athletes, but Nole has that ability to hit shots in an offensive way anywhere on the court that Murray is less capable of, and that's the difference.

Duncan
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Juan Martin Del Potro

Singles Career Titles (7):
2009 (3) US Open (Outdoor/Hard) , Washington (Outdoor/Hard) , Auckland (Outdoor/Hard)
2008 (4) Washington (Outdoor/Hard) , Los Angeles (Outdoor/Hard) , Kitzbuhel (Outdoor/Clay) , Stuttgart (Outdoor/Clay)

Career:
Match Record Won Lost Titles
Matches 139 70
Tiebreaks 37 34
vs. Right Handers* 116 60
vs. Left Handers* 23 10

Finals 7 3 7Surface
Clay 31 16 2
Grass 9 6 0
Hard 95 46 5
Carpet** 4 2 0
Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor 28 20 0
Outdoor 111 50 7

Andy Murray

Singles Career Titles (15):
2010 (1) ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Canada (Outdoor/Hard)
2009 (6) Valencia (Indoor/Hard) , ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Canada (Outdoor/Hard) , London / Queen's Club (Outdoor/Grass) , ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami (Outdoor/Hard) , Rotterdam (Indoor/Hard) , Doha (Outdoor/Hard)
2008 (5) St. Petersburg (Indoor/Hard) , ATP Masters Series Madrid (Indoor/Hard) , ATP Masters Series Cincinnati (Outdoor/Hard) , Marseille (Indoor/Hard) , Doha (Outdoor/Hard)
2007 (2) St. Petersburg (Indoor/Carpet) , San Jose (Indoor/Hard)
2006 (1) San Jose (Indoor/Hard)

Career:
Matches 253 88
Tiebreaks 75 52
vs. Right Handers* 222 79
vs. Left Handers* 30 9

Finals 15 8 15
Surface
Clay 26 22 0
Grass 40 11 1
Hard 179 52 13
Carpet** 8 3 1
Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor 74 18 8
Outdoor 179 70 7

Novak Djokovic

Singles Career Titles (17):
2010 (1) Dubai (Outdoor/Hard)
2009 (5) ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Paris (Indoor/Hard) , Basel (Indoor/Hard) , Beijing (Outdoor/Hard) , Belgrade (Outdoor/Clay) , Dubai (Outdoor/Hard)
2008 (4) Tennis Masters Cup (Indoor/Hard) , ATP Masters Series Rome (Outdoor/Clay) , ATP Masters Series Indian Wells (Outdoor/Hard) , Australian Open (Outdoor/Hard)
2007 (5) Vienna (Indoor/Hard) , ATP Masters Series Canada (Outdoor/Hard) , Estoril (Outdoor/Clay) , ATP Masters Series Miami (Outdoor/Hard) , Adelaide (Outdoor/Hard)
2006 (2) Metz (Indoor/Hard) , Amersfoort (Outdoor/Clay)

Career:
Matches 301 99
Tiebreaks 104 58
vs. Right Handers* 266 79
vs. Left Handers* 34 20

Finals 17 11 17
Surface
Clay 82 30 4
Grass 31 11 0
Hard 178 54 13
Carpet** 10 4 0
Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor 68 25 5
Outdoor 233 74 12

Some career stats for you there.

GugaF1
09-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I know they do, but Murray is more talented.
He has game, can hit powerful shots, has variety, can volley very well, his slice is brilliant, he can change the pace, change defense into attack, his defensive skills are brilliant, he is fast, he can attack, his dropshots can be great, his lobs are amazing, his passing shots are superb.

Everything about Murray is great, apart from his second serve.

Say what you will, but Murray's default game, what he loves doing is Counter punching, getting one more ball in play is his sweet spot. I will give credit that I think he may be more versitile than Djokovic, but his basic playing mode is simply inferior.

Djokovic standard play of is to be an agressive yet consistent baseliner. He likes to take to the opponent and take initiative whenever possible and can just as well play defensive and be consistent. This basic difference is what sets apart Djokovic from Murray.

So even though Murray has more shot options, he can slice better, junk ball, vary spin and speed of shots... all of this is not as important as their basic game modus operandi which for Murray is to react while Djokovic is to act.

Nole fan
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Those stats say it all: Djokovic, hands down. :worship:
Murray a close second.

GugaF1
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
And about Delpo he is a better attacking ball striker than both of them. But he can't play defensively as well as Djokovic. So out of the 3 I would put Djokovic ahead follow by Delpo and Murray.

I put Delpo ahead of murray also because he has basically been missing the year that could have been the best of his career. So is a bit unfair to judge only upon overall results at this point as he is younger of the 3 as well.

Mechlan
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't think people understand what talent is. Murray edges this over Djokovic for me. Djokovic is a better ballstriker, but he lacks the touch and accuracy of Murray. Del Potro has great power with consistency, but that's not what I call talent.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
1) Djokovic
2) Del Potro
3) Murray (he sucks in comparison)

LaFuria
09-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Djokovic easily. Murray has a lot of skill but virtually no power to back it up, Del Potro is a poor defender that will always be limited by his size in that regard.

Matt01
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
1) Djokovic
2) Del Potro

RFK knows his stuff :worship:

Jaz
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
The point is people have actually FORGOTTEN how good DelPo is, he was absolutely awesome in the USO09. Even in the French Open he was stunningly good.

Start da Game
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
1. djokovic of 2007
2. del potro of 2009
3. djokovic of 2008
4. murray of 2008
5. djokovic of 2010
6. del potro of 2007
7. murray of 2010

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
1) Djokovic
2) Del Potro
BS.

Murray >>>> Djokovic and Del Potro in talent.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Djokovic easily. Murray has a lot of skill but virtually no power to back it up, Del Potro is a poor defender that will always be limited by his size in that regard.
Murray has a lot of power.

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
BS.

Murray >>>> Djokovic and Del Potro in talent.

that seems a random comment with no logic at all.

NJ88
09-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I think Murray is one of the most naturally talented guys there. People sell him short just because he has yet to win a slam, but that doesn't deny the fact that he's got an incredible all around game. Right now though, he doesn't know how to use it to the best effect. Once he figures out what he should be doing, he's going to be awesome and people will stop selling him short.

I would put Djokovic slightly ahead of Del Potro too.

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 10:14 PM
that seems a random comment with no logic at all.
Results doesn't equal talent.

Murray is the most talented.
Djokovic is the best, result wise.
Del Potro is under both of them, though he is of coruse talented and has that slam.

Makes perfect sense.

Sonja1989
09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
1) Djokovic
2) Murray
3) Del Potro

PistolSampras
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first message here, and these are the players I consider more talented

1 Del Potro
2 Murray
3 Nole

Del Potro has a huge forehand, he's definitely the guy who hits hardest out there, and he has more control than other hit-harders as Soderling or Berdych, which makes him so dangerous, he creates lots of winners with less unforced than Berdych or Soderling.

He doesn't hit as a crazy fool he selects well the shots

He has a great serve, but he can improve it, he's tall enough, he has to work more on the technique, he can serve much better.

Though he's a tall guy, I think he moves pretty well.

In addition his backhand is pretty god also, he has a stable shot in that wing

By the other hand we've got Murray, Murray weakness is his forehand, his backhand is awesome, he can hit winners from any side of the court, crosscourt or down the line, he's got a good slice, he can use that slice shot to change the rythm of the rally or as a deffensive/offensive shot, however, when he tries to hit hard with the forehand, he hasn't got such an accuracy as he has on the backhand side.

His first serve is nice, but he's got to work on his second serve.

He's got a nice physical form, he moves well, nice endurance...

I think he has a lot of talent, but he doesn't select the shots as he should, some times he stays too far from the baseline in a very deffensive way, some times he seems a pusher, but he has the ability to produce nice shots, he has to be more offensive, he can do it, when he does, he does it nicely.

I like Nole, he has better forehand than Murray but worse backhand, he has less endurance, he also moves well on the court, but since Todd Martin's hiring he has a weak serve.

His serve used to be a weapon before, now it's a weakness...

Nole's 2010 serve sucks..., he has to recover that one from 2007/2008

My favourite one is Del Potro, hope he gets well soon from that wrist injury.

:cool::cool::cool:

MalwareDie
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
1. Murray
2. Djokovic
3. Del Potro

Sapeod
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
1. Murray
2. Djokovic
3. Del Potro
Finally, someone who has some sense :cool:

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
i believe djokovic and del potro are very very talented but because of inconsistency and injuries respectively they are huge underachievers. However with murray he has limited talent compared to the other two but he has worked hard to get to where he is.

Lopez
09-12-2010, 11:12 PM
John McEnroe wrote in his autobiography that he feels that there are 2 different aspects of talent in a tennis player: Tennis talent and athletic ability. I assume were talking about tennis talent here. Even though I like him the least I still say Murray. You can see it from his touch and variety. However he sometimes falls short on execution and mentally IMO he's not as tough as the other two.

fed invented god
09-12-2010, 11:23 PM
no surprise, all the rafatards don't know what talent is. that makes sense since nadal is the less talented player of the top 10.

1- murray
2- djokovic
3- far far far behind, del potro

holagirl56
09-12-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't think people understand what talent is. Murray edges this over Djokovic for me. Djokovic is a better ballstriker, but he lacks the touch and accuracy of Murray. Del Potro has great power with consistency, but that's not what I call talent.

Seriously. So many posts in this thread start with 'Murray has a lot of skill, but...'

Um....that's the point. Murray is probably the most talented, but is unable to utilize all his skills to the best of his abilities. Delpo is probably the least talented of the three, but has been able to play to his strengths, resulting in a GS win.