The Federer walked off court after match point [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Federer walked off court after match point

mongo
09-12-2010, 05:45 AM
You don't walk off the court before meeting your opponent and shaking hands at the net.

What a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSWLdX_xwp4

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/381/federer.png

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8355/federer2.png

River
09-12-2010, 05:54 AM
That wasn't that bad, though I do see a bit of the point in not meeting your opponent at the net between them.

coonster14
09-12-2010, 06:05 AM
One could see Roger was extremely disappointed with losing, especially when he held two match points.

But I agree that he shouldn't have just walked off, well he still did shake hands with Nole and the umpire, so it's not too big a deal.

oddkayla
09-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Roger Federer, be very afraid! The etiquiette police are searching for you

River
09-12-2010, 06:08 AM
One could see Roger was extremely disappointed with losing, especially when he held two match points.

But I agree that he shouldn't have just walked off, well he still did shake hands with Nole and the umpire, so it's not too big a deal.

Agreed.

But man did he bolt fast, lol

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Federer is arrogant and a VERY sore loser! Have you seen his interviews? He always has something to blame if he loses. He just can't admit that Nole was simply better and he was outplayed in those two sets.

alter ego
09-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Moronic thread with comments from morons. Nothing new here.

hilluis
09-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Come on. Novak stood frozen on the spot in disbelief of his win for what seemed to be an age. What is Roger supposed to do? He shook hands at the net... always the same, everyone dissecting every last nuance of the game and its aftermath and as always, Roger is found lacking.

Fedicilous
09-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Federer walked off the court, conclusion- HE SHOULD RETIRE!

Good luck in Basel champ, I still believe that you'll be back.

Pirata.
09-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Federer is arrogant and a VERY sore loser! Have you seen his interviews? He always has something to blame if he loses. He just can't admit that Nole was simply better and he was outplayed in those two sets.

:rolleyes:

He acknowledged how good Nole was in his presser several times and said anyone who underestimated him clearly knew nothing about tennis.

You people are just reaching for excuses to hate Federer. It's gone past pathetic now.

Fed Express
09-12-2010, 07:07 AM
What a thread :haha:

He only put his stuff on his chair. And that was because Djoko kept looking in the sky and stould still like a statue for 30 seconds..

hilluis
09-12-2010, 07:08 AM

He acknowledged how good Nole was in his presser several times and said anyone who underestimated him clearly knew nothing about tennis.

You people are just reaching for excuses to hate Federer. It's gone past pathetic now.

Totally agree. Bizarre how some people trot out the same old rubbish time and time again, ignoring post-match press conferences. Heaven forbid if Roger does say something out of line( mentioning his back at Wimbledon), he was complimentary of Novak and still they harp on about his arrogance and lack of credit for his opponent.

born_on_clay
09-12-2010, 11:40 AM
What are you talking about :confused:
He did shake his hand :shrug:
:angel:

NJ88
09-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Fed didn't do anything wrong...he shook hands with Nole.

Beat
09-12-2010, 11:59 AM
WTF are you talking about? if djokovic takes forever to come to the net, it's surely not a crime to put your racket on the chair. i can't believe you actually cared to post screenshots of it. how utterly embarrassing.

MacTheKnife
09-12-2010, 12:03 PM
WTF are you talking about? if djokovic takes forever to come to the net, it's surely not a crime to put your racket on the chair. i can't believe you actually cared to post screenshots of it. how utterly embarrassing.

This.. unless you are a complete idiot, it was clear what was happening. Djok's celebration took a bit of time.

Bilbo
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
He went to his chair first because Nole took his time to celebrate. After that they shook hands. Nothing wrong here.

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
What else was Roger supposed to do--just stand there?

I thought they all walked off the the court after finishing a match.

As far as Nole's reaction, I don't think he was being dramatic at all. I would imagine he's pretty shocked he won. I was shocked he won, so I can only imagine how he felt. Most everybody was gearing up for a Fed v Nadal final, so the fact Nole was a contender was a little lost on everyone--as Fed said in his presser.

I'm really surprised Nole held it together to win. It really was a great match from both except Roger seem to sort of check-out mentally in a couple of sets.

tennizen
09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Sore loser arsehole.

Nole on other hand was inmersed in his theatrics in the middle of the court, thanking everyone.

No one can match St.Rafito in doing all things right:inlove::hearts::worship:

Waterfox
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
and why is Feds baby mama clapping with her mouth??

Very odd gesture!!

It's like...

"No sucky sucky if you lose tonight"

mongo
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Really? This is a guy who rolls around on the ground and makes his opponents wait. And they wait. It's what you do. You wait. You don't walk off. The guy's the multi-sportsmanship award winner, but he loses and bolts to his chair. It had nothing to do with Novak's very abbreviated, statuesque, subdued celebration.

Just sayin' he's an arrogant prick, like many of us have told his fans for some time. Had nothing to do with his play. Unfortunately, most of his mystique is built around his image. Well, he proves he's a prick once again.

SheepleBuster
09-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Haha. Haters, trolls, they are all here bashing Roger. Even when he has lost. haha. You guys never stop, do you? It's the exact same thing that happened with Verdasco and Ferrer. Tough match. One guy is on the ground. Federer congratulated Novak and shook hands. What else do you want? Tell you what. I never even thought about this. That means if you had time to analyze the video an think about it that much, you have got no life my friends.

Commander Data
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
whats wrong with you idiots? Hate him all you want, he is gonna keep his 16th Slams and GOAT status ;)

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 12:34 PM
My god this thread :(

He shook hands, what more do you want!? Nole was stood staring at the crowd for like 30 seconds, surely he should come to - middle- of the net as much as Roger!?

Pathetic thread.

mongo
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Roger's opponents wait for him all the time, even after he rolls around on the ground. They never walk off. This is not the way you comport yourself after a loss. You show some class, especially when your mystique is predicated on being classy.

Novak's very abbreviated celebration had nothing to do with it. Roger didn't even notice. He bolted off the court.

Fed Express
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Roger's opponents wait for him all the time, even after he rolls around on the ground. They never walk off. This is not the way you comport yourself after a loss. You show some class, especially when your mystique is predicated on being classy.

Novak's very abbreviated celebration had nothing to do with it. Roger didn't even notice. He bolted off the court.:haha:

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Novak's very abbreviated celebration had nothing to do with it. Roger didn't even notice. He bolted off the court.

It's not like he bolted off the court and head toward the locker room. I mean.. goodness gracious give the guy a break. He shook hands with Nole. He gave Nole a lot of respect and credit in his presser. What more could any fan want?

To me, it's making a mountain out of a molehill pointing out Roger didn't wait for Nole at the net. It's not like Roger just stormed off the court without congratulating him.

No... Roger isn't the best loser, but at the same time.. Roger doesn't have a lot of experience at losing. There are some players who aren't the best losers either even though they should know how to lose and win more graciously.

MariaV
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
No one can match St.Rafito in doing all things right:inlove::hearts::worship:

Do you want to imply anything else? :angel: :confused: :shrug: :D

But I mean really, nothing wrong from either side, they shook hand so what's the big deal? :zzz:

Jaz
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM
This is one of the silliest, vile, hate thread I've read in a while...

ossie
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
yea its not nice to walk off but you cant blame fed because the djoker decided to have a staring contest with his parents after the match was finished plus fed shook his hand when he came to the net afterwards.

mongo
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
yea its not nice to walk off but you cant blame fed because the djoker decided to have a staring contest with his parents after the match was finished plus fed shook his hand when he came to the net afterwards.

No, it's not nice. I don't expect his apologists to accept that.

River
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
What makes this thread worse is that, while the majority have been saying it wasn't a big deal, a good portion took the time to spew venom at people who weren't even bashing at Federer. Only 2-3 people here legitamitely looked for bad things from Roger.

I just laughed at how quickly the guy wanted to bolt. Nole's reaction to the win was longer, lol

Snowwy
09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Overreaction thread. Its not like he made Novak wait for him.

mongo
09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
It's not like he bolted off the court and head toward the locker room. I mean.. goodness gracious give the guy a break. He shook hands with Nole. He gave Nole a lot of respect and credit in his presser. What more could any fan want?

To me, it's making a mountain out of a molehill pointing out Roger didn't wait for Nole at the net. It's not like Roger just stormed off the court without congratulating him.

No... Roger isn't the best loser, but at the same time.. Roger doesn't have a lot of experience at losing. There are some players who aren't the best losers either even though they should know how to lose and win more graciously.

It's not a mountain. It's not Serena threatening violence upon a lineswoman or Andy berating a lineswoman. And it really doesn't matter what his apologists say. It's simply poor sportsmanship. And that's something of a hill in Roger's life.

mongo
09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Sweet! It's Nole's fault Roger walked off the court. That's pretty much the prevailing sentiment.

ossie
09-12-2010, 01:27 PM
No, it's not nice. I don't expect his apologists to accept that.
the djoker letting his opponent wait isnt very nice either

River
09-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Now you're getting it.

Take nothing from Nole celebrating a well-deserved victory. But also take nothing from Federer simply going near the ump. Fed just wanted out quickly after a tough loss.

mongo
09-12-2010, 01:34 PM
the djoker letting his opponent wait isnt very nice either

Roger runs straight to the net after he wins a big match? No one knows how long Roger's going to roll on the ground, but they wait for him. I guess what folks are saying is it's cool because Roger thought Nole was going to be celebrating for 45 seconds or a minute. Nole's celebration wasn't long and it was certainly subdued. Maybe it seemed long because he didn't move. Maybe that made viewers uncomfortable because it was unorthodox.

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
It's not a mountain. It's not Serena threatening violence upon a lineswoman or Andy berating a lineswoman. And it really doesn't matter what his apologists say. It's simply poor sportsmanship. And that's something of a hill in Roger's life.

Uh.. I'm not what'd a person would call a "Roger apologist." As I said, I don't think Roger is the "best" sport all of the time, but neither are the MAJORITY of tennis players--particularly when they're losing.

I just don't think it's a big deal, but if you want to get your knickers in a twist about it, you go on ahead.

And what the hell does Serena have to do with anything?

mongo
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Uh.. I'm not what'd a person would call a "Roger apologist." As I said, I don't think Roger is the "best" sport all of the time, but neither are the MAJORITY of tennis players--particularly when they're losing.

I just don't think it's a big deal, but if you want to get your knickers in a twist about it, you go on ahead.

And what the hell does Serena have to do with anything?

I was speaking of Fed apologists. You're not one, so it doesn't apply to you.

I was just juxtaposing the two: Serena = mountain, and agreeing that it isn't a mountain.

Cheers!

Helevorn
09-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I kept trying to press Play on those pics

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I was speaking of Fed apologists. You're not one, so it doesn't apply to you.

I was just juxtaposing the two: Serena = mountain, and agreeing that it isn't a mountain.

Cheers!

Well... Serena.. that was nasty.

But Roger.. I just don't think him not waiting at the the net for Nole was like a snub to Nole. I think Roger was just disappointed. He even said in his presser about people expecting a Federer v Nadal final, and he was disappointed he couldn't make that happen. But he also said, a lot of people underestimated Nole, too.. So..I just don't think Roger met it as a slap in the face to Nole, but more was just disappointed.

Persimmon
09-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Where was Gwen?:awww:

andylovesaustin
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Where was Gwen?:awww:

I was wondering that myself! LOL

That Gavin was sure vocal!

Nolby
09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Here is the actual full length match point, Nole victory celebration, Fed handshake and Nole celebration AFTER the handshake. Nole's celebration may have been the shortest one I've ever witnessed in a big match. He stood and looked stunned for a couple of seconds. Fed, probably guessing he would take longer, went over to the chair for a second, but came back to shake his hand in a timely manner when he saw Nole was not going to roll on the court nor do anything elaborate. Fed and Nole also shook the hand of the Umpire after shaking each other's hand.

Afterwards Nole did a more emotional celebration. I don't see any controversy from either player in this clip.

TSWLdX_xwp4

Billups85
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM

This.

Infinity
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Novak took ages to recover the moment. What is Roger supposed to do?

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
threads get rediculous by the day. Fed did nothing wrong. Go away and leave him alone.

partygirl
09-12-2010, 02:05 PM
You people are fucking crazy.

Matt01
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I kept trying to press Play on those pics

:lol:

Me, too :o

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
threads get rediculous by the day. Fed did nothing wrong. Go away and leave him alone.

This, but they wont.

They're not Tennis fans.

mongo
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
This, but they wont.

They're not Tennis fans.

Oh I love this one. I hear it a lot. I'm definitely a real tennis fan, but I'm not a fanboy, like many of you who don't go to watch tennis in person and disappear when their favorite player fades away.

All y'all think the fanboys are the real tennis fans because you worship one player with unflinching devotion--because that's what "real" tennis fans do. You people are totally clueless.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow, GM is really in the shitter these days.

swisht4u
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Fed gave Nole some time to enjoy his moment. It was a nice handshake afterward.

peribsen
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
He shook hands in the end.
Give the guy a break, for heaven's sake!

dombrfc
09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Like how you call him 'the' federer.

mongo
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Fed gave Nole some time to enjoy his moment. It was a nice handshake afterward.

Hi swish! :wavey:

No problem with the handshake. I was a nice moment. If it occurred in the locker room, it would have been a nice moment, too.

The wise man said:

I agree, you wait at the net as long as it takes, let the other guy have his earned celebration.
-swish

:nerner:

bluefork
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM

What he said.

This thread is one of the most ridiculous criticisms of a player I've ever read.

Bobby
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
What he said.

This thread is one of the most ridiculous criticisms of a player I've ever read.

True. When Federer loses a big match, there are always some people who just want to prove he is a sore loser. Usually it's not based on anything.

mongo
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
What he said.

It's merely proportionate to Fedtard ejaculate. Nothing special at all.

bluefork
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
It's merely proportionate to Fedtard ejaculate. Nothing special at all.

I can't believe you can look at what happened objectively and actually say that Federer did something wrong. If you can, you're either on drugs or you need to be put on some.

Chair Umpire
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
You don't walk off the court before meeting your opponent and shaking hands at the net.

What a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSWLdX_xwp4

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/381/federer.png

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8355/federer2.png

It's not like he made Djoko wait for him in the net. Get it over.

mongo
09-12-2010, 04:07 PM
It's not like he made Djoko wait for him in the net. Get it over.

It's not. I never implied it was. It's like he walked right off the court after match point and went to his chair instead of meeting Nole at the net like everyone else.

Jaz
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
It's not. I never implied it was. It's like he walked right off the court after match point and went to his chair instead of meeting Nole at the net like everyone else.

You're a nutter.

I mean, the video is clear, Federer saw Novak celebrating, Federer went to put his raquet in the bag... and then he STILL had to WAIT for Novak at the net...

Veronique
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
No biggie! However, it's interesting to see posters who pile up on Rafa for similar nonsense crying foul here. Just remember this the next time a poster levels an unfair criticism to Rafa or Novak for that matter.

Ozone
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
this thread..................

mongo
09-15-2010, 01:47 AM
How trite of Jon "Hater" Wertheim to attack The Federer.

"Meanwhile, the viewer is deprived of a shot of the players walking to net and shaking hands, which is often terrifically revealing. After the Novak Djokovic-Roger Federer match, Federer packed up his bag, declining to wait at the net as Djokovic celebrated. But we didn't see that; we saw pops Djokovic looking predictably pumped. My suggestion: What if we ran a split screen or a box within a box?"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jon_wertheim/09/14/mailbag/index.html

:haha: