Clay Warrior's Total Slam Count At the End Of 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Clay Warrior's Total Slam Count At the End Of 2011

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 03:34 AM
what is the likely total slam count for the clay warrior king of tennis at the end of 2011?

i think he will be sitting on 11 slams. even 12 is a possibility if everything falls in place for him.

what are your thoughts?

is 11 a lock at least?

all thoughts and comments welcome. thanks.

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 03:36 AM
what is the likely total slam count for the clay warrior king of tennis at the end of 2011?

i think he will be sitting on 11 slams. even 12 is a possibility if everything falls in place for him.

what are your thoughts?

is 11 a lock at least?

forget 2011. You think he is winning tomorrow for sure?

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 03:37 AM
yes he is. #9 is in the bag.

there is no way he can be stopped tomorrow.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Barring injury, at least 10.

11 is possible.

12 might be pushing it.

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 03:43 AM
agreed jonathan.

we have to give him the french open and wimbledon next year. that makes 11.

**is that too close for comfort for the federereeeeeeesians?

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 03:44 AM

can you tell me why are you so sure? I never thought novak could beat fed. Hell I lost all my vcash :(

Dont give me the "he will be tired" crap. He is 23 and Im sure he will suck it up and play hard. Lets assume he will somehow be fresh tomorrow. Also its going to rain tomorrow - so there might be some interruptions and that will only help novak.

Rafa hasnt played anyone in this tournament quite the caliber of Novak. Novaks two handed backhand will more often than not punish Rafa's forehand as the ball doesnt bounce much here and its in Novaks hitting zone. Alos, Novak is a great returner and he will punish Rafa's second serve. Lastly Novak thrive son fast hard courts and his game is ideally suited for this surface. With so many and other related factors how can you be so sure.

Juts for this messsage lose your unrelentless will, clay warrior gets what he wants and other dramatic lingo.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2010, 03:45 AM
RG should be a lock, but I dunno about Wimbledon, CD. Should he win tomorrow, which he should, as well as take the French next year, that's 10.

That gives him AO, Wimbledon, and USO to win one to get to 11 and tie Borg, which I think he *can* do, barring injury, which is always the biggest question mark for him.

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 03:50 AM
can you tell me why are you so sure? I never thought novak could beat fed. Hell I lost all my vcash :(

Dont give me the "he will be tired" crap. He is 23 and Im sure he will suck it up and play hard. Lets assume he will somehow be fresh tomorrow. Also its going to rain tomorrow - so there might be some interruptions and that will only help novak.

Rafa hasnt played anyone in this tournament quite the caliber of Novak. Novaks two handed backhand will more often than not punish Rafa's forehand as the ball doesnt bounce much here and its in Novaks hitting zone. Alos, Novak is a great returner and he will punish Rafa's second serve. Lastly Novak thrive son fast hard courts and his game is ideally suited for this surface. With so many and other related factors how can you be so sure.

Juts for this messsage lose your unrelentless will, clay warrior gets what he wants and other dramatic lingo.

i need to get some rest now. we will talk tomorrow.

nadal has this old sport. trust me.

guptaji
09-12-2010, 03:51 AM

Agreed. I think OP is forgetting that Djokovic is possibly the best HC player in the tour at the moment. He may not be as mentally strong as Nadal but he is not a Soderling or Berdych. Djokovic knows how to win when it matters and that's how he won AO. If Fed had won today, I would have given Nadal a better chance of winning tomorrow.

Having said this, I hope Nadal wins. We'll just have to wait and see.

moon language
09-12-2010, 03:55 AM
11 seems possible given the current state of things.

Topspindoctor
09-12-2010, 04:07 AM
13. Nadal is winning everything next year. At the end of 2012 he'll be at 17 slams.

Ibracadabra
09-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Del potro is completing the career slam in 2011.

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Agreed. I think OP is forgetting that Djokovic is possibly the best HC player in the tour at the moment. He may not be as mentally strong as Nadal but he is not a Soderling or Berdych. Djokovic knows how to win when it matters and that's how he won AO. If Fed had won today, I would have given Nadal a better chance of winning tomorrow.

Having said this, I hope Nadal wins. We'll just have to wait and see.

It would be historic for Rafa to win tomorrow. Just that I am surprised a vast majority of people are just so sure. Its not just OP. Look up other websites, polls, bookies, experts and everybody is thinking this match is just little more than a formality. I have seen Novak trouble Rafa no end even on clay. On hard courts he has dominated Rafa. This match is scary and I am very afraid. Just puzzled mostly by the bookies for thsi match (1.30 for Rafa and 3.50 for Novak). WTF?

moon language
09-12-2010, 04:14 AM
It would be historic for Rafa to win tomorrow. Just that I am surprised a vast majority of people are just so sure. Its not just OP. Look up other websites, polls, bookies, experts and everybody is thinking this match is just little more than a formality. I have seen Novak trouble Rafa no end even on clay. On hard courts he has dominated Rafa. This match is scary and I am very afraid. Just puzzled mostly by the bookies for thsi match (1.30 for Rafa and 3.50 for Novak). WTF?

I think the assumption is that Djokovic is going to be exhausted and Nadal is as fresh as ever.

emotion
09-12-2010, 04:15 AM
2010 USO- Nadal
2011 AO- Djokovic
2011 RG- Nadal
2011 Wb- Soderling
2011 USO- Djokovic

My take... notice I gave up on Murray at last this year...

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 06:32 AM
He win Sunday it means 9. His hardcourt level is huge since improving approach, so he definitely the favorite for Australian Open so he win 10. He always favorite for Roland Garros so he win 11. He the favorite for Wimbledon but he can be taken to 5 sets, no? US Open next year he favorite but still wide-open field. I say he have either 11, 12 or 13.

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Probably around 10 or 11.

Pirata.
09-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Ten if he's lucky.

hilluis
09-12-2010, 07:14 AM
More interestingly, where are the challengers going to come from? Kind of depressing that there are no teens in the top 100 and no one really pushing on. Could be that the only challenger to Nadal is his own body.... hope not. Want to see someone to get enthused about.

Fedicilous
09-12-2010, 07:22 AM
I saw this kind of threads after 2006 or 2007. At that time Federer was going to win 100 GS without dropping a set. And he didn't have knees issues.

delpiero7
09-12-2010, 07:24 AM
If he wins the final today, then he'll almost certainly start AO 2011 as the favourite (with the bookies anyway). Whether he's the actual favourite is another matter, it all depends on how convincingly Andy Murray wins in Doha.

RG he'd be the favourite even if he played with his bandana covering his eyes.

Wimbledon is the interesting one. Historically Federer should be the favourite. But he has started to show signs of inconsistency in the slams now aswell. So Nadal should start favourite there.

US Open would be wide open as always with Federer, Djokovic, Fish, Murray (:spit:) and hopefully a fit and firing Del Potro all in the mix.

So, with a win today, he should almost certainly have double figures by the end of next year with a win at RG. And seeing as Nadal has become a fan of winning RG and Wimbledon back to back, he may well have 11. Anything more than that would be a massive bonus. But there's no point counting chickens yet, there's still a chance he could also be stuck on 8 by the end of 2011.

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 07:35 AM
11, 12 or 13, anyone's guess.

JolánGagó
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
19, 24... there are no slams enough for him to win.

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
He has a good chance of winning 6 straight, because if he wins this US Open, and then the Australian, then he has his 2 favorite slams in Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

Start da Game
09-12-2010, 07:46 AM
no need to be surprised if he ends 2011 at 12 slams.......

Ackms421
09-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I'll post a number after the final tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic...just very cautiously though.

nadal_slam_king
09-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Nadal will have extra motivation, not just to complete the Career Grand Slam but also on a game-by-game basis he will be extra focused on holding serve because he can break Roddick's record. Not a big deal, but just another reason for him to stay extra focused on the serve and never take the foot off the gas even if he's winning.

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM
clay warrior doing his own little history chasing these days. he gets more dangerous with each additional slam in his pocket.

confidence level has to be high.

born_on_clay
09-12-2010, 11:07 AM
USO 10 => 9th
RG 11 => 10th
W 11 => 11th

that's it

AO 11 goes to del Potro as well as USO 11

Rafaspin
09-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Clay Death old sport, i think the more important question my fellow rafa armada member is can he possibly win 6 slams in a row? FO 2010 - WIM 2011? The AO wil lbe his hardest test but if he reclaims that title then he has to be short odds to defend the FO/WIM double and take 6 GS in a row.

This is history.

Sophocles
09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
9?

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Clay Death old sport, i think the more important question my fellow rafa armada member is can he possibly win 6 slams in a row? FO 2010 - WIM 2011? The AO wil lbe his hardest test but if he reclaims that title then he has to be short odds to defend the FO/WIM double and take 6 GS in a row.

This is history.

Uhm? How the hell do you think Rafa is going to win SIX slams in a row? Take for example AO.. Sure, he has won it once before, and he is usually playing better in AO then USO, but still.. Can you really picturing Rafa winning when he possibly have to face the likes of Delpo, Murray, and not to mention Fed and Djokovic? I don't think he stands a chance to win AO again. He needs to imrpove his game more if he even wants to stand a chance against those guys. I also think that it's now or never for Rafa to win USO. He doesn't stand a chance of cliching the title next year where the likes of Murray and Delpo are back.

Jaz
09-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Hype...

I remember the days when they said Federer would win 3 slams a year for every. Then 2008 happened, oh and 2010.

Waterfox
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
13.. Like Obviously!

SaFed2005
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
He is so great and amazing that he will somehow have over 16 slams by the end of 2011. He is just that damn good.

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
here is the big deal with this:

if he is sitting on 11-12 slams at the end of 2011 then he is going to try make a run at fed`s record of 16 slams.

this is where i was going with this. at 11-12 slams by 25 he would almost have to go for the record.

he was not thinking this big 2-3 years ago but he is starting to contemplate that idea now.

LaFuria
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM

NadalSharapova
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
11-12 seems the most likely

i would say 2-3 slams per year is most likely for rafa

MalwareDie
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM

Clay Death
09-12-2010, 11:31 PM
11-12 seems the most likely

i would say 2-3 slams per year is most likely for rafa

2 a year fo sho. he loves the natural surfaces and moves well on them.

swisht4u
09-13-2010, 12:42 AM
My 2011 prediction:
AO Fed
RG Del Po
Wimby Fed
USO Del Po

Fed should get his act together for good year, the way he played at the AO this year shows he still has game.

Last year Del Po improved almost by the month and was doing very well at RG, he may have gone further if he had been fit.
When he comes back he knows what it takes to win, he'll be older and stronger. He fears no one, stronger than both Fed and Nadal mentally.

For these reasons I give Nadal 8 or 9 at the end of next year.

Don't give me a hard time, it's just the way I see it.

Quakes
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM
11 if he wins tomorrow.

All hail the fearsome Clay Warrior!

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00KMeaLglhvTzp/Terra-Cotta-Warriors-Kneeling-Archer.jpg

ys
09-13-2010, 12:55 AM
All really , to me, depends on tomorrow's outcome. If he wins. There is a very good chance that he might not be beaten at Slams until next USO. If he loses, it could be as much of a confidence blow as we have no idea about.
I don't understand , why people are so certain. For Djokovic to beat him today after tough 5-setter would be a tall order, but now rain played an equalizer. And we have to wonder, what is bigger, Rafa owning Nole in Slams, or Nole owning Rafa on hardcourts.

Clay Death
09-13-2010, 12:55 AM
dont make me laugh. fed is pushing 30 and it will take d-pot 2 years to get back to his level.

and by then nadal, murray, and djokovic will be significantly more improved.

clay warrior will have his 9th slam tomorrow unless it rains again.

do you really believe that a healthy nadal can be defeated at roland garros and at wimbledon?

it may be time to put the crack pipe down old sport.

Clay Death
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
11 if he wins tomorrow.

All hail the fearsome Clay Warrior!

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00KMeaLglhvTzp/Terra-Cotta-Warriors-Kneeling-Archer.jpg

too good.

excellent stuff.

LaFuria
09-13-2010, 01:01 AM
do you really believe that a healthy nadal can be defeated at roland garros and at wimbledon?

No, because when he loses it turns out he was injured the whole time.

BigJohn
09-13-2010, 01:05 AM

Touché.

ys
09-13-2010, 01:11 AM

We can exchange this kind of words, but it does not make sense to me. Rafa's past injuries came from overplaying. Looks like he learnt his lesson. His decision to skip few tournaments - most importantly, Barcelona, also DC - are indication of that, and also to me, an indication, that he realised what he is now gunning for, and that is not barcelonas. Besides, we are yet to factor in his newly found serve into his future. To me, last year he would have run more in 6:1, 6:1, 6:1 matches, than he had to run in this semifinal. With tat seve he does not work nearly as hard in matches, as he used to, as his serve is now untouchable on its own. I think, all that can translate into a couple of injury-free prime years of Rafael Nadal.

tennismaster1978
09-13-2010, 01:11 AM

Are you smokin something? Novak has beaten the 3 times they have played on hard courts! What makes this any different? No chance he loses? Get real!

tennismaster1978
09-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I think he'll have 20 slams by then. And he wont lose to anyone for 5+ years. Get a life

ys
09-13-2010, 01:19 AM
It's kind of a bit hillarious that , say, William Hill does not even bother to have the odds for next year RG champion..
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/y/17/Tennis.html
They do have it though for other Slams.. :)

LaFuria
09-13-2010, 01:21 AM
It's kind of a bit hillarious that , say, William Hill does not even bother to have the odds for next year RG champion..
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/y/17/Tennis.html
They do have it though for other Slams.. :)

The only slam Nadal has "in the bag" is RG, and even then anything could happen. I wouldn't bet against Rafa on clay, but he does lose, even if magical phantom injuries happen to be there the whole time.

Johnny Groove
09-13-2010, 01:21 AM
This rain delay really helps Djokovic, I think.

This thread will really be answered after the result tomorrow. If he wins, only injuries will stop him winning at least 10.

If he loses tomorrow, it is a whole different ball game.

ys
09-13-2010, 01:35 AM
The only slam Nadal has "in the bag" is RG, and even then anything could happen. I wouldn't bet against Rafa on clay, but he does lose, even if magical phantom injuries happen to be there the whole time.

The thing is .. this - his new serve - seems to be a game-changing event. He no longer has to work hard. He plays like Pete now. One break a set - no extra efforts, just holding the serve. If this becomes a pattern of his play, this _IS_ going to be scary for his opponents. Like with Pete.

Matt01
09-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Are you smokin something? Novak has beaten the 3 times they have played on hard courts! What makes this any different? No chance he loses? Get real!

Clay Death needs a reality check (no offense). Every time Rafa is reaching some good form, CD tends to get overexcited about it :o

Sophocles
09-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Nobody is invincible and things change very quickly in sport.

Clay Death
09-13-2010, 02:46 AM
clay death says it like it is and like he sees it.

save this post. no way clay warrior loses tomorrow.

he simply wins matches he has to win. best of 3 sets foremat is not the same as best of 5 sets foremat. i like djokovic a lot but he cannot deal with nadal`s physicality for 4-5 hours. nobody can.

and did i say that he is healthy, fit, and relatively fresh this time around?

Clay Death
09-13-2010, 02:58 AM

i am not smoking anything old sport but it is pretty damn clear what you are doing.

i did say no chance for djokovic and i mean it.

again nadal takes every bloody thing he rests his eyes on. have you not seen enough already to know that?

he does not lose the matches he has to have. he has also won his last 5 finals at slams.

what do you think that means exactly?

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM

ys
09-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Now, less than 11 will be a bad season for Rafa. 12 will be phenomenal. But I am sure His Modesty is not thinking beyond Australian Open. Or maybe even YEC, which he is yet to win.

Mimi
09-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I admire your guts, CD, you are right this time, rafa did win the us open ;)

Mjau!
09-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Probably 11, maybe 12... It's unlikely that the following couple of HC slams will be this easy for Rafa... could possibly lose at Wimbledon but will be the favourite there... RG is a lock.

guptaji
09-14-2010, 02:22 AM

+ 1. I thought it was a little risky for an MTFer of your reputation to make such predictions but you're spot on! Although, I won't jinx Nadal, so I can't answer your question.

Mimi
09-14-2010, 02:26 AM
+ 1. I thought it was a little risky for an MTFer of your reputation to make such predictions but you're spot on! Although, I won't jinx Nadal, so I can't answer your question.

yes, i would never do this, i am cautious, i don't want to eat my words:eek:

allpro
09-14-2010, 02:29 AM
2011 cygs + seven straight slams.

13 slams total and newly crowned GOAT :worship: :worship:

sorry crying pansyfed, no more goathood for you! :crying2::crying2:

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 02:48 AM

trend analysis and content analysis clearly pointed to a title here.

now 9 are in the bag as suggested months ago.

he will take french open and wimbledon in 2011. that makes 11.

and that is when he gets really dangerous. who the hell would want to face him on clay and grass?

and that is when he really starts thinking about the record.

**and by the way, i am not really excited about his 9th slam. i knew during the french open that he was going to take this.

as a general rule i usually worry more about his health and the condition of his knees than about his titles.

now i really hope he loses early in all of the remaining tournaments this year. that will save his knees and keep him fresh and hungry for 2011.

spacenoxx
09-14-2010, 02:50 AM

I wish I had your confidence. I was just so shitting in my pants.

Wow Career Slam at 24....take that haters ;-)

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 02:50 AM

thanks mimi. we knew he was going to get this done.

there was never even the slightest doubt in my mind. i know what he is capable of.

ys
09-14-2010, 02:51 AM
**and by the way, i am not really excited about his 9th slam. i knew during the french open that he was going to take this.

as a general rule i usually worry more about his health and the condition of his knees than about his titles.

His new serve produces a whole new situation. He no longer has to work same hard to hold serve. A significant relief for his knee workload. And, now, think of that serve and Wimbledon, which he pretty easily won last time without it. That _IS_ scary. :)

Johnny Groove
09-14-2010, 02:54 AM
2011 cygs + seven straight slams.

13 slams total and newly crowned GOAT :worship: :worship:

sorry crying pansyfed, no more goathood for you! :crying2::crying2:

:lol:

trend analysis and content analysis clearly pointed to a title here.

now 9 are in the bag as suggested months ago.

he will take french open and wimbledon in 2011. that makes 11.

and that is when he gets really dangerous. who the hell would want to face him on clay and grass?

and that is when he really starts thinking about the record.

now i really hope he loses early in all of the remaining tournaments this year. that will save his knees and keep him fresh and hungry for 2011.

Agreed on all counts. First decision is to pull out of Bangkok.

guptaji
09-14-2010, 02:54 AM

Funny! I am not sure if Nadal is in sync with you on this. You could apply to become a part of his team. Then his next GS speech will go something like this: 'I want to thank Uncle Toni, Carlos,.. and of course my strategist and fitness advisor, Clay Death..' lol.

Priam
09-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Key for him this year is not to somehow re-injure the knees playing useless 250s and 500s. Strictly tms and wtf, then practice the whole of december.

CD, what do you feel about AO? lol

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 02:56 AM
:lol:

Agreed on all counts. First decision is to pull out of Bangkok.

affirmative jonathan.

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Key for him this year is not to somehow re-injure the knees playing useless 250s and 500s. Strictly tms and wtf, then practice the whole of december.

CD, what do you feel about AO? lol

he needs to call the dogs off at the remaining events this year and keep himself as healthy and as fresh as possible.

translation: try different things like some serve and volley and take more risks from the baseline so as to keep the points short. and also try to make sure he doesnt travel deep in any of the remaining event.

there is just no need. that way these points that he leaves on the table will be there for the taking if he needs them next year.

i would let the Oz go and focus on french open and wimbledon. risk for injury is too great and it could end his entire year.

Clay Death
09-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Funny! I am not sure if Nadal is in sync with you on this. You could apply to become a part of his team. Then his next GS speech will go something like this: 'I want to thank Uncle Toni, Carlos,.. and of course my strategist and fitness advisor, Clay Death..' lol.

if i was top advisor he would have been sitting on 11 slams today.

born_on_clay
09-14-2010, 12:06 PM
USO 10 => 9th
RG 11 => 10th
W 11 => 11th

that's it

AO 11 goes to del Potro as well as USO 11

as far 1 in the bag :cool:

FormerRafaFan
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm thinkng 11 - RG and Wimbly.

Persimmon
09-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Hopefully 11.

Counter-jinx and anti-jinx fully applied.

Clay Death
09-16-2010, 01:34 AM
11 is a good guess actually.

you just know he is going after borg`s record at roland garros and also who has the game to deal with him on clay anyway.

that french open tunes up his massive ground game and he can then run with it at wimby.

he will be going after`s fed`s record if he is sitting on 11 slams by age 25. you can make book on that.

Manequin75
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
i need the australian open for rafa in 2011 to complete the Rafa slam. Willing to trade both 2011 RG and 2011 W for it.

Clay Death
09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
i need the australian open for rafa in 2011 to complete the Rafa slam. Willing to trade both 2011 RG and 2011 W for it.

good one old sport.

he is not going to let roland garros and wimby slip away again for about 3 years. that means more to him now than anything.

Mjau!
09-18-2010, 01:16 AM
11 is a good guess actually.

you just know he is going after borg`s record at roland garros and also who has the game to deal with him on clay anyway.

that french open tunes up his massive ground game and he can then run with it at wimby.

he will be going after`s fed`s record if he is sitting on 11 slams by age 25. you can make book on that.

What debilitating injuries will he suffer from at the Australian- and US Open?

The Magician
09-18-2010, 02:26 AM
My guess is 8, when his USO title is stripped and the rules are enforced. Suddenly, Nadull's on court intelligence will vanish along with his on court coaching and he'll turn into a disgraced former champion.

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-18-2010, 02:35 AM
My guess is 8, when his USO title is stripped and the rules are enforced. Suddenly, Nadull's on court intelligence will vanish along with his on court coaching and he'll turn into a disgraced former champion.

sadly his title wont be stripped (although most tennis fns will forget it ever happened in recent years). I have a feeling he wont win the french. He might win wimby, if everyone is playing like they did this year(i dont think so). Im sticking with 10

Sophocles
09-18-2010, 02:35 AM

LOL.

finishingmove
09-18-2010, 02:36 AM

:spit:

Serenidad
09-18-2010, 03:28 AM
We all know the truth.

Topspindoctor
09-18-2010, 03:30 AM
11 - RG+Wimbledon

He will let Federer have AO because it's a clown slam and Djoker will take USO because he rocks!

Clay Death
09-18-2010, 03:33 AM
11 is a solid, conservative estimate from my vantage point folks.

finishingmove
09-17-2011, 08:56 PM

guga2120
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Nobody knew that Novak was going to evolve into some type of machine this year, if it wasn't for that obviously Rafa's year would be alot different.

Farenhajt
09-17-2011, 09:04 PM

One cannot help admiring your assortment of vantage points, Lady Clay :worship:

NID
09-17-2011, 09:10 PM
2010 USO- Nadal
2011 AO- Djokovic
2011 RG- Nadal
2011 Wb- Soderling
2011 USO- Djokovic

My take... notice I gave up on Murray at last this year...

Almost spot-on. What's your take for 2012? :)

The Magician
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM

Life can always be better :hug:

Clay Death
09-17-2011, 10:13 PM
11 was a good guess.

now lets talk 2012. i say he can grab 2 more in 2012 but he will have to step it up with his fitness and his training.

and how about nole while we are at it? he could have 6 by the end of 2012.

GOAT = Fed
09-17-2011, 10:22 PM
13. Nadal is winning everything next year. At the end of 2012 he'll be at 17 slams.

Great predictions mate! :worship:

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Ten if he's lucky.

and we have a winner!

in every possible way- he was lucky to face federer at rg- otherwise nole would have won rg

Egreen
09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Ten if he's lucky.

He got lucky indeed with Fed taking out Nole at RG.

Nobody is invincible and things change very quickly in sport.

Nolefans take note.:bigwave:

Getta
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM

next year i expect Nole to add four more to his tally, to be honest

GOAT = Fed
09-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Really? You expect him to win 4 majors?! :eek:

I think Nole could add 3 more like this year to his tally if he keeps his absolute peak form up and the rest of the top 10 stay at the same level, however if the top 10 improve their level I expect Novak to win 2 slams.

MuzzahLovah
09-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure about how many if at all Nadal will win next year, but I don't think it will be at the French Open. It seemed to be pure luck that he won it this year, as he's looked worse on clay this year then ever before. Even before Murray and Fed blew all their chances against him, he had a lot of rocky matches. He honestly looked better on grass this year.

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 12:29 AM
clay warrior seems to follow one off year with one great one. 2011, by his own standards, was an off year for him.

he has admitted that he needs to put the work in if he wants to be more competitive in 2012.

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 12:32 AM

very tall order. i dont see it happening. the sport is too demanding.

look for him to rule the hard courts.

next.

09-18-2011, 12:32 AM
ISNER TOOK NADAL TO 5 on clay- if only john wasn't a choker- it would have been the greatest moment in american tennis for a generation- probably tied with don budge beating the nazis- actually maybe even better

nadal is not the same player he used to be. he needs to pull his finger out fast to handle nole because nole is so confident right now

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 12:34 AM
One cannot help admiring your assortment of vantage points, Lady Clay :worship:

farenTWHAJT campaigning for ACC is starting early for you or what?

also dont speak to me unless you are spoken to. you are now a hapless blind worshipper with no clear vision.

translation:

beat it.

09-18-2011, 12:48 AM
farenTWHAJT campaigning for ACC is starting early for you or what?

also dont speak to me unless you are spoken to. you are now a hapless blind worshipper with no clear vision.

translation:

beat it.

thats not very nice clay- chill

so the serbs are currently in charge of MTF- things change fast- and when nole falls down the serb's will jump ship super fast- nole's real tennis fans will stay then- not just nationalistic crazy fans

relax clay- nadal will have his time- hell i hate to admit this- especially since im a fed fan but the wife is a huge nadal supporter and she was totally down during the nole rafa final- i had to contain my glee actually because she got seriously pissed :D

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Nobody knew that Novak was going to evolve into some type of machine this year, if it wasn't for that obviously Rafa's year would be alot different.

clay warrior was so far out in front in 2010 that he got a little complacent.

the field--and most notably nole---reeled his ass in. it happens in sports all the time.

i think murray and fed made some improvments in 2011 as well. they may produce solid results in 2012 as a result of that.

Saberq
09-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Nadal will be back next year for sure I say him and Nole split Slams 2-2 who wins what I dont know.....Fed might be in some finals and Murray will win shit he is a born loser

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 02:35 AM
well to be fair, murray is a bit unfortunate: how often does one have 3 all time greats ahead of him at the same time?

and that is a huge challenge for murray or anybody else for that matter. the top 3 are simply too damn good.

Benny_Maths
09-18-2011, 03:03 AM
well to be fair, murray is a bit unfortunate: how often does one have 3 all time greats ahead of him at the same time?

Never. It's never happened before. Sure, some good players have shared slams in the past, but never 3 truly great players at the same time.

Alex999
09-18-2011, 03:18 AM

and that is a huge challenge for murray or anybody else for that matter. the top 3 are simply too damn good.
I agree. I feel bad for Murray tho. If he could just improve/develop his FH, I think everything would be different. But what do you do:shrug:? Novak, Rafa and Roger are just too good atm.

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 03:27 AM
affirmative.

siffleanimaux
09-18-2011, 04:02 AM
11 was a good guess.

now lets talk 2012. i say he can grab 2 more in 2012 but he will have to step it up with his fitness and his training.

Hard to write Federer off but this seems like a safe bet.

What about the OG? ;)

Farenhajt
09-18-2011, 06:15 AM
I agree. I feel bad for Murray tho. If he could just improve/develop his FH, I think everything would be different. But what do you do:shrug:? Novak, Rafa and Roger are just too good atm.

Nothing to feel bad about, IMO. Novak was also beaten left and right by Fedal, who loomed humongous as a generational obstacle, but he kept his faith in himself, continued to work and has gotten where he is right now.

If Murray doesn't have enough quality substance or is unable to develop it - well, tough luck. Yet another Safin. Next.

tnosugar
09-18-2011, 06:38 AM
11 was a good guess.

1 for Nadal at best in 2012
2 or 3 for Novak
Murray and Fed can intervene perhaps
Fed will also home in on Olympics, my guess

Nole Rules
09-18-2011, 07:09 AM
1 at best for Nadal in 2012. Nole will win 2 if he is healthy. 1/2 for Fed/Murray.

MuzzahLovah
09-18-2011, 07:17 AM
The Olympics will be really interesting- Nadal already has one, and has been roundly beaten on Hardcourts by Djokovic, so probably not him.
Fed needs a singles gold to complete his legacy, the Olympics are on hardcourts I think but they are in London, so home crowd advantage for Murray on his best surface, and of course Djokovic has been unbeatable this year. It's going to be good.

siddy
09-18-2011, 08:43 AM
The Olympics will be really interesting- Nadal already has one, and has been roundly beaten on Hardcourts by Djokovic, so probably not him.
Fed needs a singles gold to complete his legacy, the Olympics are on hardcourts I think but they are in London, so home crowd advantage for Murray on his best surface, and of course Djokovic has been unbeatable this year. It's going to be good.

They're at Wimbledon.

PiggyGotRoasted
09-18-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a feeling murray is going to bring it at the olympics, its not a slam.. he will have home support, and not quite the pressure's of wimbledon's two weeks.

sunsfuns
09-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Murray still has a lot of work to do to equal Safin who let's not forget won 2 slams and was #1 briefly.

sunsfuns
09-18-2011, 10:36 AM
As for next years slams I say 2 for Djokovic, one for Nadal and one for someone else. Would love to see Roger win one more, but I fear he is too old for it already...

n8
09-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Nadal will be back next year for sure I say him and Nole split Slams 2-2 who wins what I dont know.....Fed might be in some finals and Murray will win shit he is a born loser

Funnily enough 2-2 split in Grand Slams at the end of a calendar year NEVER happens!

sunsfuns
09-18-2011, 11:14 AM
By the way taking into account their ages Nadal (10 GS) is exactly on the same pace as Federer (also 10 GS at the same age Nadal will be during 2012 AO) as far as winning GS's is concerned. He needs to win 2 next year to stay with Roger.

Egreen
09-18-2011, 01:54 PM
As for next years slams I say 2 for Djokovic, one for Nadal and one for someone else. Would love to see Roger win one more, but I fear he is too old for it already...

Agree.

Nole wins 2 slams
Nadal wins 1 slam
Federer or Del Potro or Murray win 1 slam

Warrior
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Nadal has no competition other than Nole. If Djoke gets injured or out of form, the slams go to Nadal.

Clay Death
09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Funnily enough 2-2 split in Grand Slams at the end of a calendar year NEVER happens!

2012 will be one of most fascinating years in the sport in recent memory.

i fully expect murray and d-pot to show up improved, fit, and ready for battle.

fed will be a factor also as always.

and i expect the clay warrior to have a superb year. nole should have hands full in 2012 defending all those points. its not going to be easy but he is likely take 1-2 slams.

RG will be safely in nadal`s hands. i think he takes care of his business on clay in 2012.

sunsfuns
09-18-2011, 11:13 PM
I would be willing to bet on Djokovic winning RG sometime soon. Maybe even next year... He will be particularly motivated for that one and if he can keep this year's level (big if, I know) there is a good chance.

sunsfuns
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
As for Nadal, he needs to beat Djokovic asap. Doesn't matter where and on which surface or this rivalry risks turning into Federer/Roddick with Rafa playing the role of Andy...