Just let it rain [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Just let it rain

Big_Juicy
09-12-2010, 02:13 AM
A thread for all those hoping it rains for some time tomorrow in New York..

;)

emotion
09-12-2010, 02:14 AM
Hmm but I'm in school monday. Ah well, to give Nole a Slam and deny Nadal one? Sure.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2010, 02:17 AM
My sources say 30% chance all day.

TennisAddicted
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
My sources say 30% chance all day.

After the match those chances will increase drastically :devil:

Big_Juicy
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Only about 30 % of people on this site felt that Nole could beat Fed today..

I like my chances then...;)

Johnny Groove
09-12-2010, 02:26 AM
After the match those chances will increase drastically :devil:

Yes, it will start to pour down rain as Nadal is biting the trophy :lol:

Only about 30 % of people on this site felt that Nole could beat Fed today..

I like my chances then...;)

:lol: :yeah:

theblejach
09-12-2010, 02:26 AM
let it rain!!!

Sunday
Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming cloudy. A 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday Night
Rain likely. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

source: NYC (http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/New_York.html)

theblejach
09-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Remember the semi-final between Nadal and Djokovic in Madrid. After the legendary match, Federer was blown away Nadal in the final 2:0 because Nadal was tired after 1/2 final, although it was played on clay... that is very poor for tennis!!!

Big_Juicy
09-12-2010, 02:35 AM
let it rain!!!

Sunday
Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming cloudy. A 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday Night
Rain likely. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

source: NYC (http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/New_York.html)

Match starts at 4 pm local time, I believe. So, long after this crappy, "sunny", morning.. ;)

I like your sources more than Groove's..:D

NikolaBGD
09-12-2010, 02:38 AM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?hourly=1&query=10001&yday=254&weekday=Sunday

toss of coin, 50% for rain afternoon :)

Fiberlight1
09-12-2010, 04:00 AM
:-D This is on the par with the "God is on Soderling's Side" thread

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Nole should pray for some rain. He looked tired after the match and it would obviously be a huge advantage for him after the 5 setter.

Still, I hope they'll be able to finish the match on Sunday, even if that means rain delays.

osmonde
09-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Sure that rain delay will profit Nole, but they can play between showers...

Do they have blowers to dry the court at USO as we saw in Toronto or Montreal?

alter ego
09-12-2010, 08:40 AM
The match will take place today. There is a 40% chance of rain between 10am and 12 pm, and then 30% chance between 1pm and 3pm.

born_on_clay
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I hope it won't ;)

FormerRafaFan
09-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Sure that rain delay will profit Nole, but they can play between showers...

Do they have blowers to dry the court at USO as we saw in Toronto or Montreal?

I agree. Even with the rain, I'm sure there will be some dry periods where they can play.

osmonde
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Well...recent forecast is now 70% possibility of rain compare to 50% yesterday.
It is going to be a long....final. Nole will be happy :)

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?hourly=1&query=10001&yday=254&weekday=Sunday

Aenea
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
From USOpen site

Weather Information
(as of Sunday, Sept. 12, at 11:30 a.m. ET)

Based on the latest official weather report from the US Open Meteorologist, we are expecting intermittent light showers this afternoon. We fully expect to complete all scheduled matches today with the Women's Doubles Final scheduled to begin at 1:00pm and the Men's Singles Final at 4:00pm

For official updates, stay tuned to USOpen.org.

(All times ET)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2010-09-11/201009111284215130089.html

MIMIC
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Not only do I hope it rains, but I hope lightening destroys that ugly stadium

Filo V.
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Anyone wishing for rain just so their man magically has a better chance of winning is pathetically desperate, and also that shows you have little confidence as a fan that your man will win.

Big_Juicy
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Anyone wishing for rain just so their man magically has a better chance of winning is pathetically desperate, and also that shows you have little confidence as a fan that your man will win.

Of course I have less confidence when he just came off an emotional and physical roller coaster 5 setter, meanwhile Nadal was in his hotel room getting a massage and having a beer.

Big_Juicy
09-12-2010, 11:20 PM
So..we're delayed until tomorrow then?

:worship:

azinna
09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Tomorrow it is.

Topspin Forehand
09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Congrats to Djokovic on his first US Open slam. He is just too tough of a matchup for Nadal on hardcourts.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM

:lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

Anyone wishing for rain is either biased in favour of Nole or just an objective fan. Eitherway, postponing the match to monday means we'll get to see a fair fight between to combatants given adequate time to recover. It is what any unbiased fan should want as well. Unless you're a pathetic fanboi, desperately longing to see the love of your life beat up on a fatigued opponent and have little confidence in his ability to handle a rested opponent... Then you're probably quite troubled right now.

paseo
09-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Of course I have less confidence when he just came off an emotional and physical roller coaster 5 setter, meanwhile Nadal was in his hotel room getting a massage and having a beer.

Nadal doesn't drink beer, The Spartan Warrior drinks the blood of vanquished opponents.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Whether Mr Breathing Problems will be fully recoverd or not, he has now been given as much rest as a player should be entitled to between rounds.

This is Lord Almighty's way of giving Stupid Saturday the finger.

Persimmon
09-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Congrats to Djokovic on his first US Open slam. He is just too tough of a matchup for Nadal on hardcourts.

+1.

Mechlan
09-13-2010, 01:32 AM

Er, what? It's pretty obvious that Djokovic fans would want the final delayed. Just as obvious that Nadal fans wouldn't. We all know how Saturday went. Nothing desperate about it, it's fans being fans. And actually being realistic.

Topspin Forehand
09-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Stopped raining and they called it off so early. BS.

Sophocles
09-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Suddenly the Rafatrolls seem rather less cocky.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Why do people continue to bring up "fair"? There is NO FAIRNESS in sports. As fans, you should all realize that players are professionals, and they can handle a little fatigue or difficult situations. Nole knows it wouldn't be an excuse and he would give it his all. There is no fairness in sports, you play according to the cards that you a dealt. So yes, it's pathetic to have wanted the rain to fall just so Nole can feel a bit better, like he's a child or something. Please.

Mechlan
09-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Why do people continue to bring up "fair"? There is NO FAIRNESS in sports. As fans, you should all realize that players are professionals, and they can handle a little fatigue or difficult situations. Nole knows it wouldn't be an excuse and he would give it his all. There is no fairness in sports, you play according to the cards that you a dealt. So yes, it's pathetic to have wanted the rain to fall just so Nole can feel a bit better, like he's a child or something. Please.

Ridiculous. Obviously there are unfair situations in sports. Doesn't mean that you don't hope to get the best possible chance to win something. Any athlete in the world would hope for the extra day of rest if it meant a better shot at winning. Absolutely nothing pathetic about it, for either the athlete or the fan.

Modetopia
09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Suddenly the Rafatrolls seem rather less cocky.
drama I said...:D

born_on_clay
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
people who beg for rain are just pathetic :o

theblejach
09-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Just let it claying ;)

michellej
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone who's favorite player depends on rain to win should find someone else to cheer for.

Orka_n
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Anyone who's favorite player depends on rain to win should find someone else to cheer for.The logic of the Rafatards always overwhelms me. :scratch:

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 01:06 PM
The logic of the Rafatards always overwhelms me. :scratch:

Logic: It makes you look desperate and cheap.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Ridiculous. Obviously there are unfair situations in sports. Doesn't mean that you don't hope to get the best possible chance to win something. Any athlete in the world would hope for the extra day of rest if it meant a better shot at winning. Absolutely nothing pathetic about it, for either the athlete or the fan.

Any athlete may hope for the optimum, or a fan may believe a certain thing is the best possible situation, but none of that is a reality. Who knows if Nole couldn't win yesterday? Like, no-one here had any confidence in his abilities, but he damn sure was going to give it his all. This is sports, the schedule doesn't always work out the way you want, but to cry and pray it rains just so that can happen? Silly.

FormerRafaFan
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Anyone who's favorite player depends on rain to win should find someone else to cheer for.

I'm one of those who are not too worried about the rain delay. I mean, it would be more fair for Nole that he also got time to rest. I think this is actually a good thing. It's not like I think Rafa doesn't stand a chance against Nole even if Nole is rested.. Of course he does! Plus, if Rafa wins, then the haters will have one less thing to blame.. I'm sure they're gonna find something else to blame though, Nvak choking/bending over, Rafa's draw etc.

samanosuke
09-13-2010, 01:13 PM

Anyone who's favorite player Slam win depends on cake draw and on exhausted opponent should rather STFU

andylovesaustin
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
I think it helps Nole. I mean.. he was hoping for rain during his presser.

But.. it also gives Rafa another day to rest, too.

I'm sure Rafa would have just have like to get it all over with, but... thems the breaks.

I would imagine he was initally disappointed, but from what I've read about him.. he sort of just accepts things he can't control. So...I don't think it affects Rafa one way or another.

A rain delay definitely helps Nole as far as being rested is concerned, but that's about all.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone who's favorite player Slam win depends on cake draw and on exhausted opponent should rather STFU

Anyone whose bitter about someone they don't like accomplishing great things are sad pity cases.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM

:worship:

samanosuke
09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Anyone whose bitter about someone they don't like accomplishing great things are sad pity cases.

To accomplish a great thing you have to do something great and beating Gabashvili, Istomin, Simon, Lopez, Verdasco, Youzhny and exhausted Djokovic is anything but not great . To be honest any in-from player with this draw would be in Slam final . It isn't hard for me to give a credit to someone but first you have to deserve it :wavey:

and other thing is that you are rafatard and the truth is hurting

-Evita-
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM

And what should the poor people do whose favorite players can't win even with the help of rain? :awww: Stop supporting them altogether? :rolleyes:

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM
To accomplish a great thing you have to do something great and beating Gabashvili, Istomin, Simon, Lopez, Verdasco, Youzhny and exhausted Djokovic is anything but not great . To be honest any in-from player with this draw would be in Slam final . It isn't hard for me to give a credit to someone but first you have to deserve it :wavey:

Nope, the truth isn't hurting, the truth is he's in the US Open final and is the favorite to win it. He doesn't pick the opponents, and it doesn't take away from the fact he's won whose been put in front of him. That's tennis, sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't, but it's about taking advantage of it, and Rafa has.

Stop being a bitter hater now, it's really unbecoming.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

Was in pain? No, he was injured. He couldn't give 100%. The victory was earned but it wasn't a fair fight, because one player could give 100% and one player could not give 100%.

Fair and square means a fair fight between 2 players who can give 100% of their abilities on the court. One could, one couldn't.

You are the worst kind of tard because you pretend to be an objective fan.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Results are what count, but then there are the reasons for those results. The reasons for the result do carry weight because if a player is injured that means their play and ability to give full effort is diminished, meaning it is not a fair fight. Truth is, Soderling beat an injured opponent. Any good player should do the same.

Yeah, I totally agree. We have to look at the reason behind the results and the fact is that Nadal took advantage of a cakewalk draw and exhausted opponents unable to give 100%. Any good player should do the same. No big deal. :shrug:

thalle
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
how's the weather looking today? is the game gonna start on time you think? :)

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

You are the worst kind of tard because you pretend to be an objective fan.

Are you saying Nole is injured? Like Rafa was with two severely damaged knees that kept him out the game for 3 months?

Oh wait, he isn't, he's just a little tired. Boo hoo. Booooo hoooooo :bigcry: He's tired, I want rain so he can be strong to beat the mug moonballer. :o

I am objective, objectively, I'm saying anyone who was praying for rain is ridiculous. What does last year in the French has anything to do with this? Guess what, it doesn't ;)

Stay on subject next time.

Everko
09-13-2010, 03:23 PM

I think the truth is hurting you pal. Can't accepot that nadal will be lifting a US Open trophy very soon despite your desperate pleas and prayers that he loses

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. We have to look at the reason behind the results and the fact is that Nadal took advantage of a cakewalk draw and exhausted opponents unable to give 100%. Any good player should do the same. No big deal. :shrug:

He did have an relatively easy draw, and opponents who came off long matches. Is that supposed to take away from his accomplishments? We can say the same about majors Federer has won in the past. We can say Nole took advantage of Roger having mono. But the fact is, these players earned their victories by BEATING THE OPPONENTS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE NET.

But you are such a bitter fucking hater, you can't give any credit where it's due. Noooo, that's TOO much for you. It can't be that Rafa actually, you know, won the matches. Nope. He sucks.

Honestly, as a SODERLING fan, I wouldn't even talk. Really, give an opinion when your man actually wins a major. Or, you know, doesn't get beaten comprehensively by the same man twice in back to back majors. Who was that man again? Oh yeah. Rafael Nadal. Guess that's why you are a hater.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Are you saying Nole is injured? Like Rafa was with two severely damaged knees that kept him out the game for 3 months?

Oh wait, he isn't, he's just a little tired. Boo hoo. Booooo hoooooo :bigcry: He's tired, I want rain so he can be strong to beat the mug moonballer. :o

I am objective, objectively, I'm saying anyone who was praying for rain is ridiculous. What does last year in the French has anything to do with this? Guess what, it doesn't ;)

Stay on subject next time.

:lol: You just said there's no such thing as fairness in sports when just a few months earlier you were going on and on about how it's only a fair fight if both players are able to give 100%. A fatigued player is obviously diminished and unable to give 100%... and it's not like poor Rafito's tendonitis was any less self inflicted...

No, you're a hypocritical glory hunter on a high horse! :eek: :o

Action Jackson
09-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Honestly, as a SODERLING fan, I wouldn't even talk. Really, give an opinion when your man actually wins a major. Or, you know, doesn't get beaten comprehensively by the same man twice in back to back majors. Who was that man again? Oh yeah. Rafael Nadal. Guess that's why you are a hater.

Stop with the my dad is bigger than your dad antics, no need for it.

Actually the final being played on Monday is fairer to both players as Toni Nadal said. How it came about, well can't argue with nature.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:34 PM
:lol: You just said there's no such thing as fairness in sports when just a few months earlier you were going on and on about how it's only a fair fight if both players are able to give 100%. A fatigued player is obviously diminished and unable to give 100%... and it's not like poor Rafito's tendonitis was any less self inflicted...

No, you're a hypocritical glory hunter on a high horse! :eek: :o
Once again, is being a little tired the same as having two blown out knees? Are you saying Nole was TOO fatigued to give an effort? He says differently. In fact, he didn't want tiredness used as an excuse. He says he felt fine, and we know he has the game to dominate Rafa regardless of a little fatigue. But you continue to make excuses in a sad attempt to reason with the fact Nadal is close to winning the US Open. It is only a fair fight if both players are able to give 100% of themselves, and trust me, a little tiredness isn't the same as having two messed up knees. And, did you forget Rafa played a match on the SAME DAY? Yeah, sorry, but you sort of need to get over yourself. Thanks.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 03:36 PM
He did have an relatively easy draw, and opponents who came off long matches. Is that supposed to take away from his accomplishments? We can say the same about majors Federer has won in the past. We can say Nole took advantage of Roger having mono. But the fact is, these players earned their victories by BEATING THE OPPONENTS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE NET.

But you are such a bitter fucking hater, you can't give any credit where it's due. Noooo, that's TOO much for you. It can't be that Rafa actually, you know, won the matches. Nope. He sucks.

Well of course it takes away from his accomplishments! I'm just taking your approach here. The reason for the results carries weight. Isn't that what you said? Or does that only apply to players who beat a struggling Rafito?

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Stop with the my dad is bigger than your dad antics, no need for it.

Actually the final being played on Monday is fairer to both players as Toni Nadal said. How it came about, well can't argue with nature.

You are right, that is immature of me. But it is very annoying to see keyboard warriors tearing these players down simply because they can't handle their success. It's really tiring after a while. And you have to think, why do these people behave that way? I can only think it's because Rafa outshines their man in every and all ways.

There is no such thing as fair in sports. All this "it's fairer"? That's not life. You step up to the plate when your name is called, or get out of the game.

Primus
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
To be honest any in-from player with this draw would be in Slam final . It isn't hard for me to give a credit to someone but first you have to deserve it :wavey:

Deserve it? Maybe Nadal's draw isn't the hardest in the history of U.S. Open, but at least he takes his opportunity when confronted. Murray failed at relative "simple test" called Wawrinka, Djokovič failed at RG 1/4 finals against F** Melzer leading 2:0 and a break up? And a year before losing to Kholnschriber...

Point is, you don't have a clue what is it to play tenis in high level, all the guys are exceptionally good except two, Nadal & Federer, gods among them. They have that factor X that others lack. They proved it & still proving it for the last 5 years when they won like 95% GS. This is nothing to do with luck, eazy or thought draw. This is class. Pure class.

Your hatered is blinding you my friend...

Everko
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Mjau was a big talker before the French Open final. Not sure what they have to say nowadays

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Well of course it takes away from his accomplishments! I'm just taking your approach here. The reason for the results carries weight. Isn't that what you said? Or does that only apply to players who beat a struggling Rafito?

No, that is what I said, and it's totally right. It does take away the power of the victory, rather than a draw or situation that is more difficult. But it doesn't change the fact it's a victory. And that's what really counts. A win is a win. And that's something that you can't take away.

Action Jackson
09-13-2010, 03:44 PM
You are right, that is immature of me. But it is very annoying to see keyboard warriors tearing these players down simply because they can't handle their success. It's really tiring after a while. And you have to think, why do these people behave that way? I can only think it's because Rafa outshines their man in every and all ways.

There is no such thing as fair in sports. All this "it's fairer"? That's not life. You step up to the plate when your name is called, or get out of the game.

You do the same thing a lot of the time as the people you are ranting against. I know you don't need me to pull up examples of it and I won't.

You want to make excuses when Nadal loses cause of injuries, but aren't willing to allow anything like the same leeway elsewhere.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Once again, is being a little tired the same as having two blown out knees? Are you saying Nole was TOO fatigued to give an effort? He says differently. In fact, he didn't want tiredness used as an excuse. He says he felt fine, and we know he has the game to dominate Rafa regardless of a little fatigue. But you continue to make excuses in a sad attempt to reason with the fact Nadal is close to winning the US Open. It is only a fair fight if both players are able to give 100% of themselves, and trust me, a little tiredness isn't the same as having two messed up knees. And, did you forget Rafa played a match on the SAME DAY? Yeah, sorry, but you sort of need to get over yourself. Thanks.

So what? Nadal didn't use his knees as an excuse after RG. :shrug: His "blown out" :rolleyes: knees didn't stop him from beating Hewitt 1-3-1 two days earlier. It didn't stop him from reaching the Madrid final and winning Rome, Barcelona and Monte Carlo back2back2back...
Are you suggesting fatigue wont have a profound effect on a player's performance? :lol: An exhausted player isn't diminished? :o This is a physical sport you know...

And lets not try to muddy the waters shall we. You just said it didn't matter if Novak was tired because there's "no such thing as fairness in sports"... Unless Nadal is comprised of course... Fairness only matters if Nadal gets the short stick... Textbook hypocrisy from a grade A gloryhunter. :wavey:

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Mjau was a big talker before the French Open final. Not sure what they have to say nowadays

I said Nadal would win the FO. :shrug:

No, that is what I said, and it's totally right. It does take away the power of the victory, rather than a draw or situation that is more difficult. But it doesn't change the fact it's a victory. And that's what really counts. A win is a win. And that's something that you can't take away.

Oh, I agree! Nadal deserves credit for doing what any good player should and taking advantage of a weak draw and diminished opponents. Kudos to him!

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
You do the same thing a lot of the time as the people you are ranting against. I know you don't need me to pull up examples of it and I won't.

You want to make excuses when Nadal loses cause of injuries, but aren't willing to allow anything like the same leeway elsewhere.

I don't see it as excuses, but you are right, I need to practice what I preach. I don't see it as excuses really because, during the French, he was injured, he was injured in that Madrid match. We know this, I'm not saying that to take shine off of Soderling or Nole. It's simply the reality of the situation. So, to beat or come close to beating an injured Rafa on clay is different than beating a healthy Nadal. Because, as we've seen, he doesn't lose on clay when healthy.

This, however, is crying over a schedule. It's not even about the fatigue about Nole, because I can understand although I disagree about that aspect. But it's the complaining about "fairness" and wanting rain and hoping the schedule is messed up. People don't think of the potential impacts of that. Why do people care so much about fairness now, when no-one ever thinks of something like this in any other situation? What is that shit? And that's something I've never done, wished for fairness. Sometimes, matches aren't fair fights, if a player isn't able to give 100% of themselves, but that's simply the way things are. But crying because someone is a little tired? When their opponent played the same day as them? No, that's going too far.

Action Jackson
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't see it as excuses, but you are right, I need to practice what I preach. I don't see it as excuses really because, during the French, he was injured, he was injured in that Madrid match. We know this, I'm not saying that to take shine off of Soderling or Nole. It's simply the reality of the situation. So, to beat or come close to beating an injured Rafa on clay is different than beating a healthy Nadal. Because, as we've seen, he doesn't lose on clay when healthy.

Yes, it is excuses. Nadal never loses a match because he was outplayed, only cause he is injured that is classic excuse making.

The US Open got the scheduling right only because of rain, it's that simple. They should not be playing the final the day after a semi at Slam level, but Stupid Saturday is a law onto itself.

So you want to underestimate recovery times after a tough semi final when played second? Guarantee you would be whining if the shoe was on the other foot.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
So what? Nadal didn't use his knees as an excuse after RG. :shrug: His "blown out" :rolleyes: knees didn't stop him from beating Hewitt 1-3-1 two days earlier. It didn't stop him from reaching the Madrid final and winning Rome, Barcelona and Monte Carlo back2back2back...
Are you suggesting fatigue wont have a profound effect on a player's performance? :lol: An exhausted player isn't diminished? :o This is a physical sport you know...

And lets not try to muddy the waters shall we. You just said it didn't matter if Novak was tired because there's "no such thing as fairness in sports"... Unless Nadal is comprised of course... Fairness only matters if Nadal gets the short stick... Textbook hypocrisy from a grade A gloryhunter. :wavey:
No, of course he didn't. Because he expects to win regardless of his injury. That doesn't change the fact he was injured. Hewitt was struggling with a hip injury himself, and what does that result have to do with Nadal being injured? Is that supposed to prove he wasn't injured? He was. That's not an excuse, that's a fact.

However, saying "Nole is tired, he needs a rain day, or Rafa will have beaten a fatigued opponent". RAFA played on the same day! Now, this isn't about me saying fatigue isn't a factor. But, you are comparing tired to knee damage. Even more than that, you are saying Nole was SO FATIGUED that he was absolutely incapable of giving an effort. How do you know this? He said he felt fine physically. Are you saying there was NO possible chance at recovery? He was too fatigued to give a good effort, well that means he needs to boost his fitness level.

Lastly, was last years French Open a fair fight? No, Rafa was injured. That's the truth. Saying Nole couldn't in any way give a fair fight to Rafa because he was TOO tired after a day of rest and rehab, after playing the same day Rafa did, in windy and cool conditions? Try again, because that's making excuses. Learn the difference between reality and excuses, and come talk to me then.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes, it is excuses. Nadal never loses a match because he was outplayed, only cause he is injured that is classic excuse making.

The US Open got the scheduling right only because of rain, it's that simple. They should not be playing the final the day after a semi at Slam level, but Stupid Saturday is a law onto itself.

So you want to underestimate recovery times after a tough semi final when played second? Guarantee you would be whining if the shoe was on the other foot.

I wouldn't, because tired is a bullshit excuse. Bringing up the truth that someone was carrying a knee injury is much different than saying someone is a corpse on the court because he's tired. Now, I'm not gonna say it wouldn't be a factor, but I am saying that it is something that as a professional, you need to work through. Nole knows this, which is why he didn't want it used as an excuse. Like, he's so fatigued, he can't do anything at all. That indicates to me that people think Nole is unfit. Obviously the Super Saturday isn't a wise schedule, but it's the schedule. You play to the schedule, and you are either ready, or you are not ready.

And, again, when is the last time Nadal has lost a match on clay when assumed healthy? When is it? It's a fact, he doesn't lose healthy on clay, we saw it this year, and we have seen in several times now.

MalwareDie
09-13-2010, 04:10 PM

Quoted for truth.

Action Jackson
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't, because tired is a bullshit excuse. Bringing up the truth that someone was carrying a knee injury is much different than saying someone is a corpse on the court because he's tired. Now, I'm not gonna say it wouldn't be a factor, but I am saying that it is something that as a professional, you need to work through. Nole knows this, which is why he didn't want it used as an excuse. Like, he's so fatigued, he can't do anything at all. That indicates to me that people think Nole is unfit. Obviously the Super Saturday isn't a wise schedule, but it's the schedule. You play to the schedule, and you are either ready, or you are not ready.

And, again, when is the last time Nadal has lost a match on clay when assumed healthy? When is it? It's a fact, he doesn't lose healthy on clay, we saw it this year, and we have seen in several times now.

Nadal is only injured when he loses, this is the difference you are trying to have it both ways. If Nadal loses this final, you will be on the excuse about the knees when they haven't been a problem these event. Lack of recovery time isn't an issue going into a Slam final, even Nadal had longer after his tough SF in Melbourne.

Fact is it's moot now. Can't use injuries or tiredness now.

Mechlan
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Was he carrying an injury Hamburg '07?

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Nadal is only injured when he loses, this is the difference you are trying to have it both ways. If Nadal loses this final, you will be on the excuse about the knees when they haven't been a problem these event. Lack of recovery time isn't an issue going into a Slam final, even Nadal had longer after his tough SF in Melbourne.

Fact is it's moot now. Can't use injuries or tiredness now.

Nope, I will not be on the excuse about the knees, because he reportedly hasn't been having knee issues. However, in the French, he was. I'm not one to make excuses, I simply keep it real. He's lost on hard when healthy, but rarely on clay since the start of his dominance. However, everyone else is already got their tired excuse lined up for Djokovic. And then come on the attack (not you) when I call them out on it. No, look at Rafa, played a 5 hour match, was being run around, in the heat of Australia, and he still won. So, people need to drop the blame game and excuse maker and get real. These are professionals, they can handle these situations.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Was he carrying an injury Hamburg '07?

No, that was the last time, when Roger won in Hamburg.

Filo V.
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
But anyway, match is on today, both guys should be ready, hope to see excitement.

Mechlan
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
No, that was the last time, when Roger won in Hamburg.

Good enough. Look, tiredness is not injuries, I agree, but it surely affects the result. I don't have any particular affection for either player in the final, but as a tennis fan, I'm happy that we'll see better tennis today. Let it be, there are enough trolls around without getting sucked down into it.

Action Jackson
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Nope, I will not be on the excuse about the knees, because he reportedly hasn't been having knee issues. However, in the French, he was. I'm not one to make excuses, I simply keep it real. He's lost on hard when healthy, but rarely on clay since the start of his dominance. However, everyone else is already got their tired excuse lined up for Djokovic. And then come on the attack (not you) when I call them out on it. No, look at Rafa, played a 5 hour match, was being run around, in the heat of Australia, and he still won. So, people need to drop the blame game and excuse maker and get real. These are professionals, they can handle these situations.

There is no case at all for tiredness now, it was flimsy at best beforehand. Unlike some people whether I like the combatants or not, a GS final shouldn't be played 1 day after semis as I said, we have that now and thanks for that.

No, you are doing exactly the thing you dislike about the others. Did Nadal have to play the next day in Melbourne when he won, no, this was not going to the case here without the rain.

Mjau!
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
No, of course he didn't. Because he expects to win regardless of his injury. That doesn't change the fact he was injured.

Umm, yes, that was quite obviously my point. I don't know how you missed it. Perhaps you need to read what I was responding to? "Are you saying Nole was TOO fatigued to give an effort? He says differently. In fact, he didn't want tiredness used as an excuse." Does that clear things up for you?

Hewitt was struggling with a hip injury himself, and what does that result have to do with Nadal being injured? Is that supposed to prove he wasn't injured? He was. That's not an excuse, that's a fact.

However, saying "Nole is tired, he needs a rain day, or Rafa will have beaten a fatigued opponent". RAFA played on the same day! Now, this isn't about me saying fatigue isn't a factor. But, you are comparing tired to knee damage. Even more than that, you are saying Nole was SO FATIGUED that he was absolutely incapable of giving an effort. How do you know this? He said he felt fine physically. Are you saying there was NO possible chance at recovery? He was too fatigued to give a good effort, well that means he needs to boost his fitness level.

So what if Rafa played on the same day? He played hours earlier and lost 9 games. The effort put in is nowhere near comparable. Why can't I compare fatigue to tendonitis? The former can affect a player's performance just as much as the latter and both are self-inflicted. No, I didn't say Nole was incapable of giving "an effort". I said he clearly wouldn't be able to perform at 100%, which means it wouldn't be a fair fight according to your definition of fair which has already been demonstrated over and over. Kneedal was quite obviously able to give an effort as well. Okay fine, Nole needs to boost his fitness level and Rafa needs to stop destroying his knees, how does that sound?

Lastly, was last years French Open a fair fight? No, Rafa was injured. That's the truth. Saying Nole couldn't in any way give a fair fight to Rafa because he was TOO tired after a day of rest and rehab, after playing the same day Rafa did, in windy and cool conditions? Try again, because that's making excuses. Learn the difference between reality and excuses, and come talk to me then.

The reality is that Novak would most certainly have been unable to perform at anywhere near 100% due to fatigue. Your hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

Serenidad
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I hope it gets delayed until Tuesday.

Big_Juicy
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope it gets delayed until Tuesday.

:lol:

Sophocles
09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
As I have pointed out before, Nadal himself has been totally destroyed by other players when having to play the next day after a gruelling match. Indeed on those occasions, fatigue seems to have affected him far worse than his knees ever did.

But of course, that's okay. It was Nadal, all excuses are allowed. It's only fair. And it's only fair that nothing should be fair for others. This is Planet Flyboy.

Topspin Forehand
09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
All I know is they should've played the match last night after it stopped raining. They called it off way too early.

moon language
09-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Looks like there's a wave of big thunderstorms that will hit just as the match is supposed to begin (looking at the radar). Hopefully not.

jwoodrx
09-13-2010, 08:52 PM
All I know is they should've played the match last night after it stopped raining. They called it off way too early.

But then CBS couldn't show 60 Minutes. We couldn't have that, could we?:rolleyes: