Stupid Decisions Grand Slam Organizers Make [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stupid Decisions Grand Slam Organizers Make

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I find super saturday to be one of the stupidest moves ever by a Grand Slam organizer. Not having a limit to games played in the 5th set in other slams (which leads to Isner Mahut matches) is pretty bad too. Not providing enough protections for players at French or having lights there for night sessions is pretty stupid too. How about you? Do you like Super Saturday? What don't you like about slams?

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes, it's incredibly bad and makes luck of the draw even more important than it need be. The final has already been ruined by this awful decision.

A_Skywalker
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, it's incredibly bad and makes luck of the draw even more important than it need be. The final has already been ruined by this awful decision.

Yes, it was ruined at least five times I can recall in last years, now its ruined again, accept it, your man cant always be on the side that is favored before the final.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM

I mean US people know that they are not going to sacrifice high school softball for tennis on Fridays, so they pack everything on saturday and hope people can handle tennis when there is football on TV later. I mean do these people hate tennis so much. Why not give players rest? Isn't women's final for Saturday not enough?

FormerRafaFan
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I mean US people know that they are not going to sacrifice high school softball for tennis on Fridays, so they pack everything on saturday and hope people can handle tennis when there is football on TV later. I mean do these people hate tennis so much. Why not give players rest? Isn't women's final for Saturday not enough?

I agree that it's a stupid decision. Not giving the players enough rest can actually be dangerous and they can pick up injuries more easily that way.

I think a women's final would be enough today..

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, it was ruined at least five times I can recall in last years, now its ruined again, accept it, your man cant always be on the side that is favored before the final.

Naah. It's not about Federer or Nadal or Fedal. I have always been against Saturday matches for men. Unless they start like 6 AM, someone gets screwed. :) Besides, the quality of final will be much lower if these matches go long. Usually they don't, if you look back. But when they do, someone's dead tired.

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 09:41 PM
The final is RUINED!
give the trophy to lucky boy Nadal already!
But by winning without peril,no glory in triomph for nadal, too bad for the spanish too

fed vs Djoko should have play first regarding their raking and level

I suspect like Guy Forget that the us open organisation did everything to put nadal in final. Cheaters!

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 09:43 PM
The final is RUINED!
But by winning without peril,no glory in triomph for nadal, too bad for the spanish too

I suspect like Guy Forget that the us open organisation did everything to put nadal in final. Cheaters!

Nah. That's not fair to Nadal. It's been like that for a while now. I think we need to change it for next year though. No?

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Not in the last couple of years anyway. In -09, it had the potential to ruin the final but didn't because both semis were 3-setters so it didn't really matter. In -08, the semis were played on friday, though Murray's semi was interrupted due to bad weather and had to be finished on saturday, but he only had to play 1/˝ sets so no big deal.

Roddickominator
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree that the Saturday matches are stupid, but saying that the final is ruined is just as dumb. These guys have had a very easy draw and little court time during this tourney.

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Nadal was handed the trophy at the french and wimbledon too, that's not something to brag about!

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:46 PM
The final is RUINED!

Lol, did Forget actually say that or is it a figment of your imagination?

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Not in the last couple of years anyway. In -09, it had the potential to ruin the final but didn't because both semis were 3-setters so it didn't really matter. In -08, the semis were played on friday, though Murray's semi was interrupted due to bad weather and had to be finished on saturday, but he only had to play 1/˝ sets so no big deal.

I think that year Murray was dead tired after Nadal match. A day of rest would have helped him physically but mentally he needs a lot of help. It's not just about this year. I just don't see the point of having saturday semis. Why? I mean why not squeeze earlier rounds a bit and give people 1 or even 2 days rest. Why not have the best final possible. No?

extremaduratenis
09-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Oh dear, they are in fifth set and they are playing for less than 3 hours. Final ruined????

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh dear, they are in fifth set and they are playing for less than 3 hours. Final ruined????

A 3h Fed - Nole match is like a 4h Rafa - Nole match.

ossie
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
what are all these tards crying about scheduling? how soon every forgets about rafas grueling semi and final at the australian open :rolleyes:

extremaduratenis
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes Rafa played for more than 5 hours, and a day later he was destrying Roger

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
what are all these tards crying about scheduling? how soon every forgets about rafas grueling semi and final at the australian open :rolleyes:

Rafa had a REST DAY at the AO! That's the problem with the USO. No rest day so very little time to recover!

extremaduratenis
09-11-2010, 10:29 PM
My God, is just 3,30 h match.... too much?

Soliloque
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Rafa had a REST DAY at the AO! That's the problem with the USO. No rest day so very little time to recover!

Federer has won the USO 5 times and now Super Saturday is suddenly going to be a problem for him.
Give me a break.

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Nadal waited fedto be on high decline to come in final! lol

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes Rafa played for more than 5 hours, and a day later he was destrying Roger

Seems you forget on purpose that Fededer was INJURED WITH HIS BACK. and he was exhausted, he was 28, let's see what nadal look like at 28 haha

A_Skywalker
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Seems you forget on purpose that Fededer was INJURED WITH HIS BACK. and he was exhausted, he was 28, let's see what nadal look like at 28 haha

you are great troll :wavey:

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Federer has won the USO 5 times and now Super Saturday is suddenly going to be a problem for him.
Give me a break.

Because you don't think 5 time semi is a miracle in itself? even nadal at the French Open coudn't do it!
Fed did 7 at wimbledon and Australian Open :worship: