Who has the better chance of beating Nadal in the final? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who has the better chance of beating Nadal in the final?

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Federer or Djokovic?

azinna
09-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Fedex.

Fedicilous
09-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Painer Kneederer

lazybear
09-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I see their chances about equal, Roger has a much better serve, but Nole can dominate more baseline rallies because of the matchup.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Nole. He does not respect Rafa as much as Roger

Sapeod
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope Federer can win his 17th slam here, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Djokovic got his 2nd.

Sophocles
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM
4 years ago? Fed would have been heavy favourite against Nadal. Now? Djokovic, easily, IF he holds it together mentally.

shadows
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Djokovic isn't good enough these days; not mentally, physically, or technically.

Federer has no hope in the face of the mighty Nadal either, it's a bad style match up for him and he's not mentally strong enough to pull it out when it matters.

ShotmaKer
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
4 years ago? Fed would have been heavy favourite against Nadal. Now? Djokovic, easily, IF he holds it together mentally.

agreed.

Priam
09-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Federer you know will go 5 sets at least. Djokovic, well will he even last 5 sets?

william_renshaw
09-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Djokovic has a much better chance of beating Nadal. Rafa is seriously hoping Fed comes through today.

Nadal a massive fav whoever he plays.

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Neither has a chance

HarryMan
09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
It is going to be tough for either Federer or Djokovic because Nadal will be a brick wall on the other side knowing what is in store for him (should he pull it off). I don't expect either of them to beat him in Nadal's current form.

Matt01
Answer: Djokovic. Worse match-up for Rafa on HC.

Of course Rafa will be the favorite nonetheless.

peribsen
On hardcourts, I'd give Djoko a 3:1 chance over Nadal and Fed 2:1.
I simply love Rafa to be the underdog, jeje!

nanoman
Dunno, but I'd like to see Fed have another go at Rafa. At the very least he will give him a match. With Djokovic, either he'll be blown away or he'll blow Rafa away.

Allez
09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Neither stands a chance!

Quakes
Nole. He does not respect Rafa as much as Roger

That used to be true, perhaps. I get the feeling that he respects everyone a little too much nowadays. :shrug:

Sapeod
Neither has a chance
Yes, they do.

SetSampras
09-11-2010, 08:07 PM

4 years ago? Well of course Nadal was a greenhorn then. THis is a much difference Nadal. Fed crica 2006 vs Nadal 2010 at the USO I dunno how Fed would be a heavy favorite

Aloevera
09-11-2010, 08:09 PM
If both are fresh in the final, I would say... Djokovic. Although Federer too, has a very good chance despite all his haunting history against Nadal in grand slams.

Too bad Federer won't let Nole winning this match.

The Magician
09-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Djokovic will probably pull a Olympics 2008 and massively choke to lose a match he should win, while Fed at least has confidence in his GS winning abilities.

allpro
09-11-2010, 08:10 PM
the swiss miss by a hair.

The Magician
09-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Neither has a chance

Nadull was lucky to even make the final, his chance to win is entirely up to which Novak/Fed shows up :rolleyes:

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM
7-3 > 3-3, no? :scratch:

peribsen
09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Nadull was lucky to even make the final, his chance to win is entirely up to which Novak/Fed shows up :rolleyes:

You forgot to add "as his two previous consecutive SF clearly show".
A guy making the last 2 SF reaches the F? What a scandal!

peribsen
09-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Djokovic will probably pull a Olympics 2008 and massively choke to lose a match he should win

Wasn't aware Nole choked in Beijing, I thought he fought to the last but Nadal simply outlasted him. Remember one of the last points, Djoko got in a winnig smatch, but Rafa returned it, Djoko hit another one, another return... the Serb shot the 3rd try wide. That wasn't choking, that was being forced to hit yet another winner.

Best player won that one.

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Wasn't aware Nole choked in Beijing, I thought he fought to the last but Nadal simply outlasted him. Remember one of the last points, Djoko got in a winnig smatch, but Rafa returned it, Djoko hit another one, another return... the Serb shot the 3rd try wide. That wasn't choking, that was being forced to hit yet another winner.

haha. Right. Keep telling yourself that..

ys
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Frankly, if this going beyond straight sets, I don't see how can either of them hang tomorrow with Rafa, who had a mild workout today.

Also, as I wrote before. For many-many years no player older than 27 won US Open, unless he played someone just as old in the finals. Something that , I think, has something to do with two-days-in-a-row system. That's why, if either of the two has a chance, it is Djokovic, whose younger body might recover better.

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 08:44 PM
If Federer knows what's best for him, he'll tank in straight sets. Unfourtunately, he's much too arrogant and will either set himself up for another humiliating GS-final loss or ruin Novak's chances of saving tennis tomorrow.

The Magician
09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
You forgot to add "as his two previous consecutive SF clearly show".
A guy making the last 2 SF reaches the F? What a scandal!

He got destroyed in both SF and needed an absolute muggish performance from Youzhny to even make the final :o

Novak was the better player and from what I remember totally screwed up an easy overhead on match point and fell apart from there. Whether Nadal earned it or not is a matter of definition, but he sure as hell didn't earn it himself.

Better to be lucky than good is pretty much the motto of Nadull's career on hardcourts, though luckily for you fans the history books won't remember that little fact.

peribsen
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
He got destroyed in both SF and needed an absolute muggish performance from Youzhny to even make the final :o

The only time he can be said to have been destroyed was by Delpo, who was on fire while Nadal was far from his best moment. Don't worry, I would be the first to be surprised if you accepted that. For you, Nadal wasn't at all injured last year, every time he loses it's because he is no good, while every time he wins it's due to other factors.
Don't know why I waste my time.

Better to be lucky than good is pretty much the motto of Nadull's career on hardcourts, though luckily for you fans the history books won't remember that little fact.

Of course, of course...:rolleyes:

azinna
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
That 1st set against Federer says everything about Djoko's chances. Still has the game, but not the mind.

Fedex
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm loving the arrogance of Nadal fans here. It'll make the victory tomorrow all the more sweeter.

peribsen
09-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm loving the arrogance of Nadal fans here. It'll make the victory tomorrow all the more sweeter.

Yes, I agree that's the best side to tards, they always increase the fun when they fail!

Good luck for tomorrow, I much prefer Nadal to win, but if Fed gets his 17th I for one will be delighted.

gbmkc
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Federer. Better mentally, better champion, better period.

Nole isn't in Federer's league until he stops wasting his talent.

NadalPhan
09-11-2010, 11:31 PM

You may not want to admit it, but I know this is you trying to make an excuse incase Fed loses in the final if they do play.