Tweener Curse: How many people won slams after pulling a tweener [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tweener Curse: How many people won slams after pulling a tweener

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I have noticed that everytime Roger has tried to pull off a tweener or has pulled it off, he has not one that slam.
Case: last year, he did it against Djokovic, lost to Del Potro
Case #2: Australian Open against Safin, lost the semis when match point.
Case #3: against Henman, he almost did it and then lost the final to Rafa at Wimbledon (if I am not mistaken, please correct me).
Case #4: we are yet to see if he wins this years US Open

I have not seen other top players actually pulling off Tweeners. Andy Murray has done some crazy shots, but he does not have a slam.

Do you guys remember any top player who has pulled off a tweener and then gone on to win that slam?

delpiero7
09-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Surely Voo has got a database of all the times players have played a shot between the legs and whether they went on to win the championship. Would be amateurish of him if he didn't have such a file. :devil:

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Surely Voo has got a database of all the times players have played a shot between the legs and whether they went on to win the championship. Would be amateurish of him if he didn't have such a file. :devil:

I mean winning in the same slam though :) I mean we all know people have pulled it off and won slams in the future....

Priam
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Schiavone too lol. A bit of a stretch but pretty interesting stats.

bluefork
09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I have noticed that everytime Roger has tried to pull off a tweener or has pulled it off, he has not one that slam.
Case: last year, he did it against Djokovic, lost to Del Potro
Case #2: Australian Open against Safin, lost the semis when match point.
Case #3: against Henman, he almost did it and then lost the final to Rafa at Wimbledon (if I am not mistaken, please correct me).
Case #4: we are yet to see if he wins this years US Open

I have not seen other top players actually pulling off Tweeners. Andy Murray has done some crazy shots, but he does not have a slam.

Do you guys remember any top player who has pulled off a tweener and then gone on to win that slam?

He hit a tweener against Henman at the U.S. Open, not Wimbledon. Henman was retired the year Nadal beat Federer at Wimbledon.

Young 8
09-11-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm pretty sure Henman was retired in 2008

nobama
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
more stupid threads of random thoughts that pop in someone's head :retard:

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Henman was retired in 2008

Then maybe I was wrong on that. Still, that was not a tweener really that he did :) and he finished with a pass so it shouldn't count I guess

RafaTheBest
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Well Fed and Nadal have both attempted them in this tournament so when they meet in the final it will not be an issue!

Voo de Mar
09-11-2010, 06:54 PM

:lol:

*bunny*
09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
The most memorable one for me of course is JCF's between-the-legs shot followed by a volley winner against Agassi at USO semifinal 2003. Someone needs to make a YouTube clip of that rally.

M4RC
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I have not seen other top players actually pulling off Tweeners.

DCvItChyJgM

:rolleyes:

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
DCvItChyJgM

:rolleyes:

I meant win a point with it. In a slam. when it matters. In one shot. Not everything is about bashing Rafa :)

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
tweener curse ?

Roamed
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Federer hit one against Henman in the US Open 2006, Henman returned it but Fed than passed him and won the point? Then won the slam.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUaZ0gn4kNs

SheepleBuster
09-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Federer hit one against Henman in the US Open 2006, Henman returned it but Fed than passed him and won the point? Then won the slam.

That was not a tweener winner. That was like a set up shot :)

spencercarlos
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I meant win a point with it. In a slam. when it matters. In one shot. Not everything is about bashing Rafa :)
Then Australian Open 2005 does not counts either pretty much since he lost the point on his match point with that tweener. :rolleyes:

So your only valid case is #1.
#2 he lost the point, in fact he missed the tweener as well and #3 Never happened.

Andre Agassi made a tweener against Corretja and lost the final.

Other cases i remmember Agassi made a tweener in miami 1996 vs Joyce and won the tournament. Federer made a tweener in Dubai in 2007 and won the event too.