If Nadal beats Youzhny..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If Nadal beats Youzhny.....

BackhandMissile
09-11-2010, 07:42 AM
If Nadal beats Youzhny in the semi-finals, who do you give him a better chance against on current form: Federer or Djokovic?

lleytonfan!
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
If Nadal beats Youzhny in the semi-finals, who do you give him a better chance against on current form: Federer or Djokovic?

It's a tough call, but I think Djokovic. Fed's been playing better than him, IMO.

nadal_slam_king
09-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Definitely hoping for a Federer SF victory.

Ackms421
09-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I'd certainly rather see him against Federer considering each of the 3's current form. But, it would take something miraculous. I think if you've watched a few of both Federer and Djokovic's matches, it should be obvious Djokovic is the favorite for tomorrow. Federer's only the favorite based on history, not current form.

nadal_slam_king
09-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Nadal quote following 2008 Wimbledon final:
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?"
-Rafael Nadal

:lol: Most awesomest quote ever :D

gusavo
09-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes, I'd certainly rather see him against Federer considering each of the 3's current form. But, it would take something miraculous. I think if you've watched a few of both Federer and Djokovic's matches, it should be obvious Djokovic is the favorite for tomorrow. Federer's only the favorite based on history, not current form.
LOL. how much have you bet for a djok win? and yes, when two players are equal, the player whos backed by history is an 80% favourite

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
He'll get a better chance against Nole

FormerRafaFan
09-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I think perhaps Djokovic would be easiest to beat. Then again, Djokovic is no joke on HC and he has owned Nadal on HC in their last matches, but this is best of 5, so I think I'll say Nadal is the favorite in that match up.

It's the other way around with Fed. Nadal owns Fed on H2H, but it's pretty even on HC. Fed is playing very well these days. I'd say Fed is the favorite in that match up.

Still, I'll be surprised if Nadal were to meet Djokovic in a potential final. I think he'll meet Federer instead. But sure, it's not unlikely that he'll face off against Djokovic. Djokovic does have a decent shot of beating Federer today, even though he is the underdog. We'll see what happens today first though :)

Topspindoctor
09-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Djokovic would be worse than Federer on HC. He has no mental block against Rafa and he is very very good. His game is just a nightmare for Rafa.

DrJules
09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
If Djokovic beats Federer today I would expect him to beat Nadal.

The nature of head to head matches and why Murray with 0 GS has better chance than than Federer with 16 GS of beating Nadal. It does not make Murray better than Federer or Nadal, but all players find certain players difficult to beat for certain reasons of the way they play.

Djokovic's game works much better against Nadal than Federer.

Federer is the obstacle to Djokovic winning US Open.

BlueSwan
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Either way Nadal should be considered the heavy favourite for the title. Rafa is no joke in GS finals and his improved serve is a huge asset on fast hard.

I don't see Federer on current form beating Nadal. Nadal is such a bad matchup for Federer that Fed needs to be close to his best to beat Nadal - even on fast hard. Rafa should also be favoured to beat Djokovic in any best of five match despite their hardcourt H2H, but I think Djokovic has a better chance of beating Rafa than Federer these days.

finishingmove
09-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Agreed with BlueSwan, but Rafa might also feel the pressure of completing the career slam.

Hard to call the winner, though for now I'm keeping Nadal as a favourite.

nadal_slam_king
09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Agreed with BlueSwan, but Rafa might also feel the pressure of completing the career slam.

Hard to call the winner, though for now I'm keeping Nadal as a favourite.

The only slam where I thought Nadal looked nervous was 2007 Wimbledon 5th set. So it's possible he could be nervous playing for a title he hasn't won yet. Although he definitely wasn't nervous in the Australian Open Final. So yeah I think Nadal will be his usual clutch self.

lbj2009
09-11-2010, 11:57 AM
No doubt it is easier for nadal against fed in final.

there is no chance to beat nadal for federer.

we will see.

finishingmove
09-11-2010, 12:00 PM
The only slam where I thought Nadal looked nervous was 2007 Wimbledon 5th set. So it's possible he could be nervous playing for a title he hasn't won yet. Although he definitely wasn't nervous in the Australian Open Final. So yeah I think Nadal will be his usual clutch self.

This is different, he would have won the career slam, and then what?

Suddenly, the road can become very steep.

Most people here consider Nadal a mental giant the game has never seen before, but look what happened to Borg.

nadal_slam_king
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM

Most people here consider Nadal a mental giant the game has never seen before, but look what happened to Borg.

What has Borg got to do with Nadal though? They aren't even related, share no DNA. Borg sounds fragile if he retired because of some losses.

finishingmove
09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
What has Borg got to do with Nadal though? They aren't even related, share no DNA. Borg sounds fragile if he retired because of some losses.

They're both human.

oranges
09-11-2010, 01:40 PM
They're both human.

Blashpemy, Rafa is above all human frailities, forever and ever

samanosuke
09-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Some people at this forum have really lost the plot

neme6
09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
if Nole beats Fed, which I doubt, he'll beat Rafa, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a fedal final!

paseo
09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
IF? I'm sure you meant WHEN.

Action Jackson
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Nadal_Slam King is a double account.

gusavo
09-15-2010, 10:54 AM
The nature of head to head matches and why Murray with 0 GS has better chance than than Federer with 16 GS of beating Nadal.
ya its all about matchups, thats why murray is more likely to win against any opponent on any surface than roddick is.