In a couple of days, Nadal will have the career slam! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In a couple of days, Nadal will have the career slam!

lleytonfan!
09-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I can't wait. Just two more days, and he'll have all 4, and 9 in total.

federernadalfan
09-11-2010, 07:40 AM
:lol: nice jinxing attempt

lleytonfan!
09-11-2010, 07:46 AM
:lol: nice jinxing attempt

:confused: He's my second fave after Lleyton.:wavey:

Quakes
09-11-2010, 07:52 AM
In a couple of months, Nadal will be a father! He will have one or maybe two. I just can't wait.

viruzzz
09-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Time will tell...

FormerRafaFan
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
I wouldn't count on it just yet. Like I've said, Federer is still the favorite, with Nadal being the underdog. Also, they both still have to get through their SF's first.

I'll congratulate Nadal if/when he gets his career slam. Not now though, it's way too early for that.

Ackms421
09-11-2010, 08:09 AM
The surprise for everyone is going to be that Nadal will probably play Djokovic in the final. While I hope and expect Nadal to win the USO, I am much more scared of Djokovic beating him than Federer. Djokovic is playing great and Federer has played no one of consequence yet. This being the case, everyone is overestimating Fed's current abilities. Nadal will play in the final on Sunday, but he will have to play his absolute best to take down Djokovic. He can do it though.

Toaderling
09-11-2010, 08:11 AM
In a couple of days, tennis will be dead.

coonster14
09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I love Nadal too, he is my favourite player, but lets just wait and see if he actually gets to the final first, and then if he does, if he actually wins the final.

I'd love to see Nadal complete the Golden Slam on Sunday or Monday, but still a few days to go, but I can so understand your excitement. :wavey:

careergrandslam
09-11-2010, 08:26 AM
rafael nadal this is ur life.

u are playing for tennis immortality.

summon everything u have learnt all ur life, all the hundreds of hours of practice over the years, its time to use all that right here right now in this tournament.

this is as big as it gets.
the stakes are enormous.

JolánGagó
09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Bullshit. This is all Fed's.

bayvalle
09-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I can't wait. Just two more days, and he'll have all 4, and 9 in total.

Yeah, you're right. But Rafa, in his speech (in English, please), must not forget to mention Lopez and Verdasco without whom his sailing towards the semifinals would not have been so smooth. With 9 titles tucked under his belt, Nadal can now embark on achieving another feat - surpass Fed's collection of 16 GS in two years' time.

Zagor
09-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't count on it just yet. Like I've said, Federer is still the favorite, with Nadal being the underdog. Also, they both still have to get through their SF's first.

I'll congratulate Nadal if/when he gets his career slam. Not now though, it's way too early for that.

I wouldn't say Fed can be considered favourite against Nadal in a best of five match anymore regardless of the surface,not saying he's without his chances if he meets Nadal in the final,he's a 5 time champ afterall but he'll need to serve out of his skin and show up mentally(which he rarely does against Nadal).

I'd give Novak a pretty good chance to beat Nadal in the final given that he's a very tough match-up for Nadal on HCs if only his serve wasn't crap lately,it isn't even a weapon anymore,he mostly just rolls it in these days to start a point,very rarely gets any free points with it.

nalbyfan
09-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Have you some crystal ball ??? Or are you a fortune teller to be so sure ???

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 10:02 AM
jeusus christ, stop it please
don't jinx !!!!
can't you wait two days to create a thread like this ?

ShotmaKer
09-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Should they meet in the final, I think Nadal is the favorite. From my vantage point anyway. The match-up issue just makes it a no-brainer, especially considering Fed's age and that Rafa is still improving.

Pirata.
09-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Should they meet in the final, I think Nadal is the favorite. From my vantage point anyway. The match-up issue just makes it a no-brainer, especially considering Fed's age and that Rafa is still improving.

It's not a no-brainer considering Fed has been playing well and is capable of beating Nadal on hard courts. It's not like any of their most recent matches, RG08 aside, have been easy beatdowns for Nadal, it's usually either two very tight sets that could've gone either way like in Madrid the last two years, or five extremely tight sets that could've gone either way like AO, Wimbledon. Even many of their clay matches outside of Roland Garros have been close. And don't forget that Nadal has yet to beat Federer on the fast indoor courts of the tour finals.

syc23
09-11-2010, 11:33 AM
If there was anything that could accelerate the decline of Federer and bring forward his retirement, the completion of a Golden Slam would be it. Roger would be so pissed. Can't even imagine how much of the runner-up speech time he will be taking and how much crying/boxes of tissues would be required.

The above scenario would be disaster, almost as bad if Mirka confessed that Rafa was the real daddy of the twins - Darth Vader stylee :lol:

@Sweet Cleopatra
09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
omg stop jinxing please
Misha, Federer and Djokovic are fantastic hard court players and no one knows what will happen.

FairWeatherFan
09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
What an unbelievably pathetic era of tennis it is when a no-talent mug like Nadal is a mere two matches from achieving such a result.

finn98
09-11-2010, 12:06 PM
What an unbelievably pathetic era of tennis it is when a no-talent mug like Nadal is a mere two matches from achieving such a result.

Possibly by beating the greatest talent the game has ever seen. huh ? :confused:

OWNED.

kengyin
09-11-2010, 12:20 PM
while i think he is not a mug, i do think that he is rather lucky that most of the field of decent hardcourts are mentally weak and get upset by randoms not to mention inconsistent, and that federer has matchup issues against nadal. in reality nadal is not very good at hardcourts relative to many others, if he had played in some other era when surfaces were not so similar then he might only have RG titles

Start da Game
09-11-2010, 01:00 PM
yes, i have been saying since day 1 of the us open that nadal is unstoppable once he crosses the first two rounds and finds his range.......youzhless will be thrashed in straight sets and once he is into the final, he simply wants it more than anyone.......nadal doesn't give you an inch of territory in slam finals.......

immortality awaits the greatest fighter in the history of the sport.......

Shirogane
09-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Possibly by beating the greatest talent the game has ever seen. huh ? :confused:
OWNED.

Which proves talent isn't everything, but also maybe that the game has been changed a bit too much.

while i think he is not a mug, i do think that he is rather lucky that most of the field of decent hardcourts are mentally weak and get upset by randoms not to mention inconsistent, and that federer has matchup issues against nadal. in reality nadal is not very good at hardcourts relative to many others, if he had played in some other era when surfaces were not so similar then he might only have RG titles

You're probably right, the same way Federer wouldn't/shouldn't? be able to make 5 semis in a row at RG.

careergrandslam
09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
yes, i have been saying since day 1 of the us open that nadal is unstoppable once he crosses the first two rounds and finds his range.......youzhless will be thrashed in straight sets and once he is into the final, he simply wants it more than anyone.......nadal doesn't give you an inch of territory in slam finals.......

immortality awaits the greatest fighter in the history of the sport.......

law of averages will catch up with rafa in slam finals.

shut the hell up, stop jinxing the guy.

if rafa meets fed or djoker, they are the favourite.

careergrandslam
09-11-2010, 01:16 PM

u are the most bitter hater of rafa on this forum.
not even the other clown posters in here are as bad as u.

u are not a fan of anyone, u just hate nadal.

Frooty_Bazooty
09-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't count on it just yet. Like I've said, Federer is still the favorite, with Nadal being the underdog.

actually, there isnt a single bookmaker out of 22 that doesnt have Nadal as the favourite

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/us-open/mens-us-open/winner

careergrandslam
09-11-2010, 01:21 PM

:haha:

yea yea ok, so now AO is blue clay, FO is red clay, wimbledon is green clay and as of now USO is purple super fast hardcourts(which might turn into purple clay depending on who wins).

anything nadal wins is a certain coloured clay and is shit slow.
anything nadal cant win is super fast.

Start da Game
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
law of averages will catch up with rafa in slam finals.

shut the hell up, stop jinxing the guy.

if rafa meets fed or djoker, they are the favourite.

i know you are one nervous thing at present but know that nadal cannot be jinxed and his fans do not know the meaning of nervousness........

there is no prayer for anyone when he is this fit and playing this well.......i have been saying this since day 1 and you have been denying it since day 1.......keep doing it, it's working for us anyway.......

careergrandslam
09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
i know you are one nervous thing at present but know that nadal cannot be jinxed and his fans do not know the meaning of nervousness........

there is no prayer for anyone when he is this fit and playing this well.......i have been saying this since day 1 and you have been denying it since day 1.......keep doing it, it's working for us anyway.......

nadal is jinxed now.
thanks for ruining his tournament genius:o

Boognish
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM

lol, this guy..

Nadal is a really cool guy, I don't know why so many of his fans are idiots though

Commander Data
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
The fact of the matter is that Nadal so far as done nothing impressive on these courts. Not his fault, true, he didn't need to, but maybe the Rafatard brigade should calm down a bit. Let your man first do something that is worth praise, will you?

FEDERERBEAUTY
09-11-2010, 02:52 PM
lol, this guy..

Nadal is a really cool guy, I don't know why so many of his fans are idiots though

Certain posters are less fans of Nadal and more consumed with hatred of Federer which is a different thing altogether.

I quite like Nadal but he isn't winning the US open.

Foxy
09-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Roger is the favorite here. If a 5-time slam champion against three 0-time slam champions in USO, is not a favorite then something is really wrong.

gorgo1986
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
What is it with threads like this, what is the point....

maratsmaiden
09-11-2010, 03:06 PM
lol, this guy..

:yeah:

his fans are one of the main reasons I can't get behind him.

Sapeod
09-11-2010, 03:15 PM
LOL @ all the Rafatards crapping themselves, thinking this is going to jinx him :lol:

There is no such thing as jinxing :wavey:

Anyway, Nadal is not winning this.

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL @ all the Rafatards crapping themselves, thinking this is going to jinx him :lol:

sure, Murray is, as you have told us all 2 weeks before
:haha:

brent-o
09-11-2010, 05:32 PM

We're not all dumbasses! ;)
I try to be as fair and reasonable as possible. That doesn't mean that I'm not secretly exploding from excitement inside. But I'll wait and do my celebrating IF he wins it!

Fiberlight1
09-11-2010, 06:31 PM

Who would listen to any prediction you'd make? Murray is still winning this in your opinion.

Swiss Mountain
09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
On tv they said nadal is the luckiest tennis player ever for having already won 2 slam this year while not beating a single top 10!
and again, he is so lucky this year, it will dircredit his win again, but he doesn't seems bother about it

Thkmra
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Certain posters are less fans of Nadal and more consumed with hatred of Federer which is a different thing altogether.

I quite like Nadal but he isn't winning the US open.

He's not?!!:lol: Well maybe if a Martian came from outer space to oppose him...but Rog sure as hell ain't beatin' him!!::lol:

allpro
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM

now the career slam is a lock.

BigJohn
09-11-2010, 07:53 PM
We're not all dumbasses! ;)

It's just that there is a very loud and vocal minority that makes it look that way.

SaFed2005
09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
now the career slam is a lock.

+1

peribsen
09-11-2010, 09:20 PM
The surprise for everyone is going to be that Nadal will probably play Djokovic in the final. While I hope and expect Nadal to win the USO, I am much more scared of Djokovic beating him than Federer. Djokovic is playing great and Federer has played no one of consequence yet. This being the case, everyone is overestimating Fed's current abilities. Nadal will play in the final on Sunday, but he will have to play his absolute best to take down Djokovic. He can do it though.

I agree.
Versus Djoko, I think his chance is about 25-30%.

peribsen
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, you're right. But Rafa, in his speech (in English, please), must not forget to mention Lopez and Verdasco without whom his sailing towards the semifinals would not have been so smooth. With 9 titles tucked under his belt, Nadal can now embark on achieving another feat - surpass Fed's collection of 16 GS in two years' time.

Why should that be his aim? I'm sure it's far more likely that he'll think about catching Bjorg and Lader.

Will you please discriminate between his fans and his tards?

On tv they said nadal is the luckiest tennis player ever for having already won 2 slam this year while not beating a single top 10!
and again, he is so lucky this year, it will dircredit his win again, but he doesn't seems bother about it

Thought that Soderling (RG and WB) and Murray were both top 10, but if they say so... just shows how credible some commentators are...

It's just that there is a very loud and vocal minority that makes it look that way.

True, but it really isn't any more numerous than the Nadal-hating mob. Just wait till nadal loses and you'll see them come in droves!

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Big deal! Nadal beating 6 mugs and a fatigued Federror or Novak "breathing problems" Djokovic is not a monumental acievement. The cakewalk draw and the incredibly stupid decision to play the semis the day before the final has devalued Nadal's career slam severly. Under these circumstances, it is no more impressive than winning a TMS imho.

Allez
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM
A long time ago I used to be a very lukewarm fan Nadal's but I have since revised my opinion of him (at the 2008 Wimbledon to be exact). I can now honestly say I hope he completes the slam tomorrow. He deserves it. Great champion and great guy to boot ;)

Mjau!
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Imagine if Borg had been gifted the USO title the way Nadal is about to be. :rolleyes:

FormerRafaFan
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree, it's starting to look good now. But anything can happen, you never know. I won't get my hopes up just to get let down again.

I think rafa played well today, but I still think he has to step it up if he wants to win over Nole or Fed.. I'm just not as sure as most people here are that Rafa is going to win tomorrow. I still think he's the underdog.

Sillyrabbit
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Tomorrow can either be overwhelming joy or keyboard smashing tantrum for some people who seem to just love getting carried away.

And to those already trying to downplay and dismiss it IF it does happen, GROW UP a bit.:rolleyes:

peribsen
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Big deal! Nadal beating 6 mugs and a fatigued Federror or Novak "breathing problems" Djokovic is not a monumental acievement. The cakewalk draw and the incredibly stupid decision to play the semis the day before the final has devalued Nadal's career slam severly. Under these circumstances, it is no more impressive than winning a TMS imho.

You'd really love to see Soderling take his chances now and then, wouldn't you?

Imagine if Borg had been gifted the USO title the way Nadal is about to be. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but nobody has gifted Rafa anything. Just why do you think Rafa should be scolded for the fact Murray and others didn't do their homework?

Besides, Rafa has just won his 20th consecutive slam matches. That can't be explained away so easily by who his last two rivals were.

RG + WB + USO final: do you know many players besides Fed capable of pulling that off?

Sour loser. Have you no sporting spirit?

A_Skywalker
09-11-2010, 10:13 PM

Federer won US open 5 times after playing back to back semifinals- finals, do you say this devalues his us opens? or its only when Nadal wins it(if)

peribsen
09-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Federer won US open 5 times after playing back to back semifinals- finals, do you say this devalues his us opens? or its only when Nadal wins it(if)

I guess it's the second option...

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
again :haha: at all haters

scarecrows
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
congrats, much deserved