09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
DelPo

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:14 PM
USE THE SEARCH ENGINE!!!

Mlad
09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
USE THE SEARCH ENGINE!!!

Last one was too old, most of these players were not born. Maybe you're offended i didn't put Murray there?

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Last one was too old, most of these players were not born. Maybe you're offended i didn't put Murray there?
Murray shouldn't even be mentioned in one of these threads, so that is a horribly foolish statement.

Everko
09-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Djokovic not on list :retard:

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Djokovic's forehand is nowhere near a powerful shot :lol:

MalwareDie
09-10-2010, 05:25 PM

Djokovic's forehand is not that great. :retard:

Everko
09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Djokovic's forehand is nowhere near a powerful shot :lol:

did you see that shot vs Tsonga? It was a missile

Priam
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Djokovic doesn't use it often but I remember him hitting a rocket fh vs Nadal in the 08 Queens final.

Singularity
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Djokovic can hit the ball extremely hard at times (like Monfils). It doesn't mean his forehand is an amazing shot.

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
did you see that shot vs Tsonga? It was a missile
So one shot was poweful, so it automatically should be included in the most poweful?
Great logic.
Murray has hit his forehand like a missile too, you know, but he shouldn't be included.
This is for the consistently powerful forehands :wavey:

Topspindoctor
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Murray with Gasquet close second.

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Nadal's isn't very poweful, it just has a lot of spin.

electronicmusic
09-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Söderling & Del Potro.

Jomp1
09-10-2010, 05:36 PM
When it comes to constantly hitting with pressure, Soderling with Del Potro right there. Verdasco plays his forehands with a little more spin and finess from the baseline and not quite as hard. Nadal does the same. Top speed I don't know, Blake has one helluva hard one but those are extremly low %. Gonzalez is done.

Priam
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Juan Martin pre-wrist surgery.

Haelfix
09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
You have to define 'powerful'.

POwerful as in fastest straight line (flattest) horizontal mph?
Powerful as in the most racquet head speed at contact?
Powerful in terms of spin?

DelPotro and Rafael Nadal both hit the ball with about the same amount of racquet head speed. The former hits it flat, the latter hits it spinny (and thus loses mph). And in general certain players will trade off a certain amount of pace for spin.

Eg Federer and Gonzalez hit a sort of in between ball (between Rafa and DelPotro), that has both a lot of topspin as well as being penetrating and fast.

Vida
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM

no power - no spin.

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
no power - no spin.
Yeah, he hits it with power to get the spin, but it isn't powerful.

Quadruple Tree
09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Del Potro routinely blasts ~100 mph forehands. It's not even close who has the most powerful forehand. He was the first player that I ever saw just overpower Federer.

oranges
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Gonzo gets my vote

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Del Potro, but 3 or 4 years ago Gonzalez would have been close. I still think an in-form Gonzalez had the most brutally damaging forehand of any player on the tour. And when he was in the zone, he wouldn't miss.

P.S. Nadal should not be in the poll. Federer would have been an option 5 years ago.

Crazy Girl
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
SODERLING. For sure.

I't impressive. Ugly movement, but very impressive.

Topspindoctor
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Nadal can hit vicious forehands... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYFpNsJ-gFY but he chooses not to use it most of the time in favor of more spin.

finishingmove
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Lol

mystic ice cube
09-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Del Potro, surely. You need HDTV to see the ball.

tennismaster1978
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Delpo's is the biggest. I believe Feds got the best all around forehand in the game (maybe ever).

Start da Game
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
1. rafa's when he was 17, 18
2. del potro's
3. gonzalez's

the three most explosive forehands.......presently juan martin takes the top position as rafael no longer hits with such power, his forehand has graduated into a spinning tsunami in the last few years.......

Ibracadabra
09-10-2010, 07:33 PM
1: Del potro
2: Gonzo
3: Roger

Roddickominator
09-10-2010, 07:35 PM
It's close between Del Potro, Gonzalez, and Nadal.

I've seen too many 108-110 mph Del Potro forehands not to pick him though.

Filo V.
09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Nadal's forehand is very powerful, some here say it isn't, but it takes a lot of power to generate the spin he has, and when he hits it offensively it's a very hard shot, one of the best in the game.

The most consistently powerful forehand is probably Del Po.

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 08:15 PM

:haha:

Vivalavida18
09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
2. del potro's
3. gonzalez's

the three most explosive forehands.......presently juan martin takes the top position as rafael no longer hits with such power, his forehand has graduated into a spinning tsunami in the last few years.......

Nadal was absolutely thumping the ball when he was 17 and 18, but even then, Nadal never hit his forehand harder than Del Potro, Gonzalez, Soderling, or James Blake.

James Blake, Del Potro, Gonzalez, and Verdasco hit the meanest forehands IMO. Unfortunately for them, power isnt everything.

Start da Game
09-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Nadal was absolutely thumping the ball when he was 17 and 18, but even then, Nadal never hit his forehand harder than Del Potro, Gonzalez, Soderling, or James Blake.

James Blake, Del Potro, Gonzalez, and Verdasco hit the meanest forehands IMO. Unfortunately for them, power isnt everything.

yeah, maybe not harder than them but it was on par with them and very consistent.......when we take into account the kind of spin and heaviness he used to impart, that's where i give him the slight edge.......

those three have amazing forehands in my view.......of course d pot's is the most powerful now as nadal decided to go for more spin........

Vivalavida18
09-10-2010, 09:05 PM
yeah, maybe not harder than them but it was on par with them and very consistent.......when we take into account the kind of spin and heaviness he used to impart, that's where i give him the slight edge.......

those three have amazing forehands in my view.......of course d pot's is the most powerful now as nadal decided to go for more spin........

100% agreed. Nadal's forehand might not be the most powerful but it is still the best forehand on tour at the moment, IMO. He can rip it, roll it, angle it, etc. and all these abilities are more impressive than only power. I remember Federer vs Blake at the USO 2006 (great match!), Blake was hitting his forehand a good few mph's faster than Federer but he was still getting owned by Federer's forehand. Its a shame that Del Potro has gotten injured because I taught he could hit his forehand on par with Federer and Nadal. He had angles, spin, and power. Hopefully he makes a strong comeback.

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I voted Delpo. His forehand seems to be strong.

Commander Data
09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Fed has the best FH and it is not even close. How can he have the best but not have power? A Miracle? Not having a Arnold like Biceps does not implay your fH ist weak.

-> Maybe the list is shit?

Mlad
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
And maybe you did not understand the question. We know Federer has the best forehand. But many players can hit the ball with more brutality than him

BodyServe
09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Fed has the best FH and it is not even close. How can he have the best but not have power? A Miracle? Not having a Arnold like Biceps does not implay your fH ist weak.

-> Maybe the list is shit?

No the list is correct (well except for Nadal maybe), best doesnt imply most powerfull.

Korolev

Commander Data
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
And maybe you did not understand the question. We know Federer has the best forehand. But many players can hit the ball with more brutality than him

Why is Fiasco in the list? His FH more powerful then Federer's?

Then there is talk about consistency and greatness in the thread.

Then Blake in the list :worship:

Well anyway.. Pony can hit the hardest with reasonable consistency I think.

finn98
09-10-2010, 10:14 PM

:haha:
This post shows your actual tennis knowledge :spit:
18000 posts of nonsense :worship:

oranges
09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
It is, actually. He hits with sheer power, as well as spin. Why are you exactly butting Fed into this discussion? He basically never unleashes on it in that way. He's more likely to take it on the rise

Nah, that was not the topic as far as I understood the OP. Just some Rafatards trying to have a case for their man

Commander Data
09-10-2010, 10:33 PM
It is, actually. He hits with sheer power, as well as spin. Why are you exactly butting Fed into this discussion? He basically never unleashes on it in that way. He's more likely to take it on the rise

Nah, that was not the topic as far as I understood the OP. Just some Rafatards trying to have a case for their man

okay, I concede defeat. But to put Nadal first on the list seems strange to me.

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
This post shows your actual tennis knowledge :spit:
18000 posts of nonsense :worship:
Rafa's forehand bigger than Gonzo's, Delpo's, Blake's or Verdasco's?? :spit:

Seriously, you're questioning my tennis knowledge??

Mlad
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
The order means nothing, he certainly came to mind first because he's n1...And yeah I could, maybe should, add some other players like Gulbis , Querrey or Federer, for his fans

Forehander
09-11-2010, 01:39 AM

Then Blake in the list :worship:

Well anyway.. Pony can hit the hardest with reasonable consistency I think.

Fiasco is definitely on the list and he does rip the forehand more powerfully than Federer's. Their technique is somewhat similar with their arm fully extended to generate maximum racquet head speed but one thing that Verdasco is different from Federer, who pronates his forearm alot, is the amount of weight he puts on the ball, or in another words Verdasco's forehand power generation involves even less 'arm' than Federer's. The guy can seemingly whack 160-170 forehands down the line without much effort quite consistently, and it's all thanks to his close to perfect kinetic of his forehand. In fact when it comes to the kinetics of a forehand, Verdasco tops this list.

kronus12
09-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm not a big federer fan but I think his name should be up there he hit a 152 km forehand in the first round.

Gonzalez88
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
mano De Pedra

DartMarcus
09-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Blake's/Gonzalez's forehands in their prime were incredible.

ShotmaKer
09-11-2010, 02:35 AM
I saw Monfils practicing with Rasheed a couple times, and when he decided to have fun bashing the ball flat with his forehand, man was that impressive. Too bad the lad is a clown on court and can't seem to hit these during actual matches, but yeah one of the most powerful flat forehands I've ever seen.

Haelfix
09-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Guy's like Federer, Nadal, Gonzalez and DelPotro basically hit with the same amount of racquet head speed (or very small differences thereof) and thus with similar amounts of instantenous kinetic energy.

The difference between the players is the trajectory and the amount of spin vs flatness they choose.

Its not wrong to say that Nadal is as powerful as DelPotro (even though Rafa averages 75 mph shots and DelPotro something closer to 90mph if you look at a typical forehand's bounce via a tracking machine) simply b/c he's traded off some of the horizontal momentum for vertical momentum (the upward brush, which is translated into angular momentum).

As far as I know, Monfils has the fastest forehand ever recorded (shattering Gonzalez's mark) at something like 116 mph. That's insane, b/c in addition to the horizontal mph, you actually need to put a ton of topspin on it in order to have it land in the court.

dombrfc
09-11-2010, 03:01 AM
Oh please, why is Nadal an option :'(

Have visions of him being an option on a poll about the best single handed backhand on tour. Nothing would surprise me.

On topic.. I guess delPo and prime Gonzo

Topspindoctor
09-11-2010, 03:12 AM

Have visions of him being an option on a poll about the best single handed backhand on tour. Nothing would surprise me.

Rafa DOES have the best OHBH on tour. He just chooses not to use it :devil:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/345FCB09967F4D02A181295E40768AED.ashx

dombrfc
09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Rafa DOES have the best OHBH on tour. He just chooses not to use it :devil:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/345FCB09967F4D02A181295E40768AED.ashx

I would pay everything I have to see a match of Nadal doing this.

kooties
09-11-2010, 05:59 AM
I remember a nice quote about Sampras' serve. That went something like Sampras doesn't serve the fastest of balls, but returning his serve is like returning a bowling ball with a badminton racket (because of the spin).

People, power isn't measured by MPH alone, spin is power as well. Like it or not, Nadal has one of the most brutal forehands on tour, and the extreme spin + above average pace (when he goes for a kill shot), is something that has to be considered one of the most powerful on tour. Fed himself was asked after last year's USO final about DelPo's forehand and how it compared to the best forehands in the game, Fed said it was good, but wasn't sure if you could put it into the the same categories as Nadal's, Blake's, Himself's, and Gonzalez's forehands yet.

kengyin
09-11-2010, 06:07 AM
federer

Roddickominator
09-11-2010, 06:07 AM
The heavyness of Nadal's balls(lol) when he hits the forehand is why I would put him in the top 3. And even then, he has hit 110 mph forehands...presumably with lots of spin as well.

And I will never believe that Monfils hit a 116-120 mph forehand unless he does it again in a match. I've seen the video where he supposedly does it, but I seriously question the validity.

Forehander
09-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Guy's like Federer, Nadal, Gonzalez and DelPotro basically hit with the same amount of racquet head speed (or very small differences thereof) and thus with similar amounts of instantenous kinetic energy.

The difference between the players is the trajectory and the amount of spin vs flatness they choose.

Its not wrong to say that Nadal is as powerful as DelPotro (even though Rafa averages 75 mph shots and DelPotro something closer to 90mph if you look at a typical forehand's bounce via a tracking machine) simply b/c he's traded off some of the horizontal momentum for vertical momentum (the upward brush, which is translated into angular momentum).

As far as I know, Monfils has the fastest forehand ever recorded (shattering Gonzalez's mark) at something like 116 mph. That's insane, b/c in addition to the horizontal mph, you actually need to put a ton of topspin on it in order to have it land in the court.

They say it's a little faster than 116mph, it's actually 190 kph if you're referring to the one during AUstralian Open against Baghdatis. But Djokovic can pull off something similar as well if he goes ballistic (usually when he's losing). He did so when playing against Nadal in Queens, whacked an absolute monster 189kph forehand cross court.

In regards to the Clownfil's 190kph forehand, you must keep in mind that he's a tall lad, so when the trajectory is right, he doesn't necessary need top spin to keep the ball in. There may have been spin, but correctly speaking it would have been more side spin than top spin because with such a shot the ball would have been gliding away from the opposition player.

Forehander
09-11-2010, 06:21 AM

If you don't consider Nadal having one of the most powerful forehand on tour then you have obviously never really played tennis before.

Quakes
09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Average speed in a match during peak form, no one out hits Gonzo. He, unlike the other choices (except perhaps Blake), sacrifices his backhand to an extent to gain more power in his forehand.

Forehander
09-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Average speed in a match during peak form, no one out hits Gonzo. He, unlike the other choices (except perhaps Blake), sacrifices his backhand to an extent to gain more power in his forehand.

Many players do. But Gonzalez does have one hell of a brutal forehand. I'd use the adjective 'barbaric' to describe it. My favourite is when he use to run out of the TV screen around a second serve to go for an outright winner lol. Definitely one of the most entertaining player to watch. His racquet smashing techniques were gold too.

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 10:09 AM
del Potro for sure

Topspindoctor
09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Kim Clijsters :drool: :hearts::hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicCkXhp-c0&feature=related

----------------

But seriously.

Del Potro hits the hardest forehand consistently. Probably the reason he has no wrist right now.

Start da Game
09-11-2010, 10:28 AM
sKoUrBhhh7k

FormerRafaFan
09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
sKoUrBhhh7k

Nice forehand! :drool:

Forehander
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Kim Clijsters :drool: :hearts::hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicCkXhp-c0&feature=related

----------------

But seriously.

Del Potro hits the hardest forehand consistently. Probably the reason he has no wrist right now.

Indeed, Kim Clijster does have a technically magnificent forehand with nice extension and rotation. This downfall though is it can be a bit inconsistent at times.

And Del Potro ever since he went on a steamroll last year he always reminds me of a heavy cannon.

ossie
09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
del potro has the most monstrous forehand ive ever seen

born_on_clay
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
del potro has the most monstrous forehand ive ever seen

moreover, it's consistent

Sapeod
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
sKoUrBhhh7k
How many times does he do that?
Hell, Murray unleashes his forehand like that more often than Nadal.

guille&tati4life
09-11-2010, 05:27 PM
No-one cracks the ball like Gonzalez can.