USO QF: Nadal def. Verdasaco 7-5 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO QF: Nadal def. Verdasaco 7-5 6-3 6-4

Speed of Light
09-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Congratulation Forehando Fiasco, you did it again. First set was an absolute donation. Verdasco has the goods but its simply impossible to beat a quality opponent when you are not stable between the ears.

anticaria
09-10-2010, 03:56 AM
the mallorcan bull's advanced to his 3rd-consecutive uso semifinals, and this time without dropping a set.. historic milestone for the spaniard..

we're one step closer to a dream uso fedal final..

vamos!!!

Arakasi
First time Nadal has ever defeated a top 10 player at the US Open.

That pretty much sums up what Verdasco just managed to accomplish.

Well done Fernando :o. You did your job perfectly.

azinna
Tough to believe you'll beat the #1 player when you feel the conditions are playing tricks on you.

SheepleBuster
09-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Shame. Verdasco was useless after 4-3

Voo de Mar
09-10-2010, 03:57 AM
bendOVERdasco :zzz:

At least he played his first match in career in night session on Ashe stadium :yeah:

Topspindoctor
09-10-2010, 03:58 AM
G.O.A.T :worship:

Please kill Swiss Miss in finals :D

shawshank
Big vamos!
After slopy first set Rafa got used to the conditions and played really well!
Last time Rafa beat Simon and Verdasco in a Grand Slam, he won his first hard court slam- AO :)
2 matches left to immortality :)

viruzzz
I feel sick looking at Verdasco...
Verdasco played really, really bad, he gave the match as if it was a gift.
Rafita didn't played so well, admit it you fanboys.

Blondie1985
Pathetic

The Magician
09-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Mugdasco bending over nicely. Nadull looking like crap but another gift draw to the final for him.

Tennis fans, there are only 2 people and 6 sets between us and the death of tennis as a sport. Enjoy this week, and look for some other hobbies in the mean time :wavey:

Lopez
After the shaky start Nadal played well. He was moonballing at the beginning a lot though.

Federer has been more convincing so far but the matchup issue is there so... :sad:

DuMa
Forhando Fiasco. :lol: thats a good one

Topspindoctor
09-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Mugdasco bending over nicely. Nadull looking like crap but another gift draw to the final for him.

Tennis fans, there are only 2 people and 6 sets between us and the death of tennis as a sport. Enjoy this week, and look for some other hobbies in the mean time :wavey:

http://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

Guga_fan
Considering how Nadal is playing I don't think he can beat Djokovic or Federer, but it's really hard to judge with all this wind...

zeluvaa
Pathetic doesn't even come close to describing this match. Absolutely boring and a complete mugtastic performance from BENDOverdasco

moon language
Nadal didn't serve quite as hard this match.

jcreback
09-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Do you think Rafa paid him in cash for his services, or does Mugdasco have one of those credit card machines on his belt?

Arkulari
09-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Nando had Rafa against the ropes in the first set and could have won at least that one but choked horribly (2 DF IS choking)

From then on, the match was one way street for Rafa who raised his level after being left out of the hook :lol:

http://i52.tinypic.com/25smvd3.jpg

theseth1119
09-10-2010, 04:06 AM
After the FO Verdasco was a measily 4-6 heading into the USO, now he's 8-7 post FO, not impressive at all.

Blondie1985
09-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Do you think Rafa paid him in cash for his services, or does Mugdasco have one of those credit card machines on his belt?

SEXUAL SERVICES~~

HarryMan
Nadal's serving has been great all tournament. That was a big difference, he got a lot of cheap points, which wasn't the case in Australia in 2009.

He is looking like the man to beat in this tournament. As great as Roger is, I think Rafa is playing exceptional tennis to win US open this year.

FlameOn
Nando really needs his head examined. Sports psychology ASAP please. :mad:

philosophicalarf
Verdasco started well

Verdasco got break

Verdasco had tight service game

OH, THE PRESSURE!

Deuce, double fault, double fault.

Verdasco gives up.

Or at least, I presume that's what happened, stopped watching then cos he'd clearly chucked in the towel mentally.

Easiest route to a slam final ever? Oh wait, Roland Garros this year.

ZaZoo)
09-10-2010, 04:09 AM
At least Nando broke Nadal's service once lol

Blondie1985

Wimbledon 2006

peribsen
Funny that whenever nr1 in the world wipes the floor with a fellow countryman everybody speaks of bend-overs, like if Verdasco, López or Ferrer were constantly beating nr 2, 3 or 4, or like if Nadal himself wasn´t solidly beating better players than Nando these past few months (Gulbis Rome, Federer Madrid, Soderling RG, Soderling, Murray and Berdych WB, most in straightsets, all never in doubt once the ball started moving).

Nr1 has wiped the floor with nr8. Where is the news?

I remember the fanfare when Nadal beat Almagro in QF RG. Seems nobody noticed it was his 17th consecutive defeat against a top 10. So if any top 10 had won that day, it would have been expected, but if Nadal beat him, everyone smells a rat... Quite balanced, that.

doublebackhand
Pathetic doesn't even come close to describing this match. Absolutely boring and a complete mugtastic performance from BENDOverdasco

:bigclap:

what is this guy verdasco doing in the top 10?

Blondie1985
09-10-2010, 04:10 AM
At least Nando broke Nadal's service once lol

:woohoo:

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Can't believe I wasted 3 hours of my life on this shit.

oranges
09-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Shameful how Verdasco just gave up after he blew the first set. Fight, you dolt, it's the only way to win and even if you don't, I'd have more than 30 minutes of interesting tennis when I'm up at 5 AM :mad:

Ben.
09-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Solid stats from Rafa. Both started very conservative, Verdasco was looking much better from the ground in the first set, though he was having trouble serving. He made a couple of double faults in a row and got away with them but then did the same thing to dump serve later on. That pretty much sealed his fate, if he had held on and taken the set he may have had a chance. I don't know if the wind was less severe or if Rafa's confidence grew in the conditions but he became more agressive in the second set and it was a routine victory from there and he was not troubled again.

Forehander
09-10-2010, 04:12 AM
The turtle got out played in every way. The stiff backhand weakness was exposed to the maximum by Nadal, continuously dumping the net and caught out of balance therefore throwing horrible slices for Nadal to pound on. The world number one is finally getting close to reaching the peak of his game.

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 04:12 AM
Funny that whenever nr1 in the world wipes the floor with a fellow countryman everybody speaks of bend-overs, like if Verdasco, López or Ferrer were constantly beating nr 2, 3 or 4, or like if Nadal himself wasn´t solidly beating better players than Nando these past few months (Gulbis Rome, Federer Madrid, Soderling RG, Soderling, Murray and Berdych WB, most in straightsets, all never in doubt once the ball started moving).

I remember the fanfare when Nadal beat Almagro in QF RG. Seems nobody noticed it was his 17th consecutive defeat against a top 10. So if any top 10 had won that day, it would have been expected, but if Nadal beat him, everyone smells a rat... Quite balanced, that.

Fair points, but Verdasco is now 0-11 against Nadal. I don't care whether it's because he's Spanish or because he's a choking knobcheese with no bollocks, the fact is he's got the game to beat Nadal and should have managed it at least once. And people do make similar complaints when Verdasco loses to other Top 10 players.

jcreback
09-10-2010, 04:13 AM

At the most important moment in the match, Verdasco double faulted twice. That Verdasco grabbing bending over, grabbing his ankles, and asking to be pounded.

ZaZoo)
09-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Can't believe I wasted 3 hours of my life on this shit.

Me too, and I wasted my sleep time as well.

Persimmon
09-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Who would have thought after the 5 setter in AO last year and now this. And this surface is faster than AO....

Chiseller
09-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Ben Dover approves

Ben.
09-10-2010, 04:15 AM

Lol these sheep just pick something to say from their stock set of complaints after every match, there is no actual thought behind it. They just love to moan and never give credit, rinse and repeat.

Voo de Mar
09-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Nando played today even more pathetic overhead than Soderling yesterday :) If I remember well it was at 5:6 (0-15), he would have played a wrong footing high-forehand volley from that position but decided to nail it up and hit the ball with the frame of his racquet, and the ball flew onto the stands. Basically the match in that moment was finished :o

nadal_slam_king
09-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Nadal explained to Gilbert how he was aware that Verdasco might make a lot of errors in the wind, he was playing defensive for the 1st set to see if Verdasco was going to donate much. That's what Nadal will probably do in his final 2 matches, he won't take risks if his opponent is having trouble with the wind. Good idea, it's the smart and right thing to do.

philosophicalarf
09-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Wimbledon 2006

Yeah, fair call.

Wimbledon 2008 was also pretty awful: Youzhny R16, a knackered and raw Murray qfs, Schuettler sfs (!!).

Actually, Wimbledon 2007 also pretty awful: Gabashvili, young del potro, past it safin, R16 walkover, JCF, Gasquet.

tennismaster1978
09-10-2010, 04:21 AM
"Forehando Fiasco" Thats funny stuff. I still think federer played better than Nadal in the wind. Nadal, in the begining of the match, was looking up to his box like a baby. I know he does that any way. I bet he hopes Novak will beat Fed.

Start da Game
09-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Nadal's serving has been great all tournament. That was a big difference, he got a lot of cheap points, which wasn't the case in Australia in 2009.

He is looking like the man to beat in this tournament. As great as Roger is, I think Rafa is playing exceptional tennis to win US open this year.

agreed, i don't even know how the remaining two opponents can find a way against nadal in this mode.......

FlameOn
09-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Nando played today even more pathetic overhead than Soderling yesterday :) If I remember well it was at 5:6 (0-15), he would have played a wrong footing high-forehand volley from that position but decided to nail it up and hit the ball with the frame of his racquet, and the ball flew onto the stands. Basically the match in that moment was finished :o

I'd almost blocked that out. :o

bad gambler
09-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Congratulation Forehando Fiasco, you did it again. First set was an absolute donation. Verdasco has the goods but its simply impossible to beat a quality opponent when you are not stable between the ears.

Too good :lol:

Mechlan
09-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Pretty pathetic Verdasco. You can fight, just not against Nadal.

Nadal not looking great, was basically handed this win after the first few games.

gulzhan
09-10-2010, 04:28 AM

Very well said. Too bad they won't listen.

kindling
09-10-2010, 04:28 AM

Agreed.

moon language
09-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Pretty pathetic Verdasco. You can fight, just not against Nadal.

Nadal not looking great, was basically handed this win after the first few games.

Nadal looked fine after the first set. Kind of hard to judge though due to the conditions and the play of Mr. Fiasco.

Pirata.
09-10-2010, 04:31 AM

The difference between Fernando and guys like Federer/Soderling/Murray/Berdych is that they all have managed to beat Rafa. Fernando has the game to beat Rafa, he nearly did it at AO last year, but he's a mental midget. Same with Almagro, he has the game to beat Nadal. He nearly did it in Paris last year until he remembered who he was playing and duly bent over for his idol :rolleyes:

Persimmon
Tennis fans, there are only 2 people and 6 sets between us and the death of tennis as a sport. Enjoy this week, and look for some other hobbies in the mean time

:o

gulzhan

Did Roger pay Soderling in cash?

Mechlan
09-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Nadal looked fine after the first set. Kind of hard to judge though due to the conditions and the play of Mr. Fiasco.

Nadal was average, nothing more, nothing less. Tough conditions, so can't read too much into it.

gulzhan
09-10-2010, 04:34 AM

I am sure you meant "as art" or, more specifically, "as ballet".

Voo de Mar
09-10-2010, 04:34 AM

IMO explaining Nadal's successes by his favorable draws is overused here. I've just checked out his entire H2H record and among active players he has negative H2H only against Cilic (0-1) and Davydenko (4-5). So what? Cilic in the QF and Davydenko in SF would be a tough draw for him? I'm not sure since they haven't beaten Nadal in the best of five match.

djb84xi
09-10-2010, 04:35 AM
WOW. I thought this one was going at least 4 and it had the looks of another classic until Rafa got those 2 breaks at the end of the 1st set. From there on, he was on cruise control. Nando just mentally checks out at the wrong moments sometimes and that's exactly what happened tonight. He hit a few nice shots, but a few nice shots ain't enough to take down Rafa. Nice try though!!!

tribalfusion
09-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Lol these sheep just pick something to say from their stock set of complaints after every match, there is no actual thought behind it. They just love to moan and never give credit, rinse and repeat.

You left out they get to use all their favorite deeply repressed homo-erotic images :)

moon language
09-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Nadal was average, nothing more, nothing less. Tough conditions, so can't read too much into it.

That's what I said. They weren't conditions for "great" tennis.

peribsen
09-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Why do people keep mistaking the draw, which is known days beforehand, with the rivals a player ends having to face? One would think it's easy enough to see the difference. One can be hard but end up being balloney, or viceversa, if an unexpected player happens to be on fire.

Why do people keep criticizing López or Nando for bending, instead of criticizing Gulbis, Ljubivic, Nalby and Murray for failing to do their homework?

tribalfusion
09-10-2010, 04:39 AM
The difference between Fernando and guys like Federer/Soderling/Murray/Berdych is that they all have managed to beat Rafa. Fernando has the game to beat Rafa, he nearly did it at AO last year, but he's a mental midget. Same with Almagro, he has the game to beat Nadal. He nearly did it in Paris last year until he remembered who he was playing and duly bent over for his idol :rolleyes:

Again with the homo-erotic imagery. You might want to just stop repressing.

Anyway Soderling lost how many in a row to Federer again?

Enjoy, hater.

tribalfusion
09-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Why do people keep mistaking the draw, which is known days beforehand, with the rivals a player ends having to face? One would think it's easy enough to see the difference. One can be hard but end up being balloney, or viceversa, if an unexpected player happens to be on fire.

Why do people keep criticizing López or Nando for bending, instead of criticizing Gulbis, Ljubivic, Nalby and Murray for failing to do their homework?

I think we know the answer to this well.

They vent their anxiety about some player possibly emasculating their hero anyway they can.

peribsen
09-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Same with Almagro, he has the game to beat Nadal. He nearly did it in Paris last year until he remembered who he was playing and duly bent over for his idol :rolleyes:

Didn´t know Almagro had so many idols, since he hasn´t beaten a single top ten for something like ages.

Or maybe you mean to say that he has the game for beating Nadal but not any of the others? Which would sound suspiciously like saying that Nadal's game is easier to figure out and beat than that of other top-10... which would not really be supported by the evidence provided by his results against other players these last five years, would it?

Oh come off it, it's plain to see that whatever Nadal does is somehow wrong for some people. If Murray doesn´t do his homework, Nadal will sooner or later share the rap for Andy's failure.

Don't you ever get tired?

born_on_clay
09-10-2010, 04:49 AM
nice to see Roger tards shaking theirs pants :haha:

preNadal care
09-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Who would have thought after the 5 setter in AO last year and now this. And this surface is faster than AO....
The wind seemed to be a more challenging factor for Nando. Also, I think he came in to this match more drained, especially after the previous match against Ferrer. The big difference between Nadal this year and Nadal of years past is that he has managed to keep up his level at the US Open and even improve. He wasn't as dominant tonight, but I think a straight-set win over Nando this evening speaks well for his chances in the future matches.

anticaria
09-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Considering how Nadal is playing I don't think he can beat Djokovic or Federer, but it's really hard to judge with all this wind...

djoko will be had under the right circumstances and as far as roger, all rafa has to do is stare him down from across the net and the swiss becomes putty in his hands.. :devil:

Topspindoctor
09-10-2010, 04:58 AM
The wind seemed to be a more challenging factor for Nando. Also, I think he came in to this match more drained, especially after the previous match against Ferrer. The big difference between Nadal this year and Nadal of years past is that he has managed to keep up his level at the US Open and even improve. He wasn't as dominant tonight, but I think a straight-set win over Nando this evening speaks well for his chances in the future matches.

Good post :yeah:

Nadal simply didn't need to go all out today. Many cheap points on serve (unlike AO :o) and confident in himself unlike Nando who lost belief after first set. I don't blame him though. Beating Nadal after losing the opening set is a huge mountain to climb.

Snowwy
09-10-2010, 05:01 AM
Actually, Wimbledon 2007 also pretty awful: Gabashvili, young del potro, past it safin, R16 walkover, JCF, Gasquet.

So we have a player who made the R16 of a GS, US Open Champ, Two time grand slam champion, RG champion and GS SF-ist.

Depends how you look at it, but really the hate is ridiculous.

gbmkc
09-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Figures. Verdasco has game but he really is his own worst enemy. I'm sure he wants to get out of Nadal's shadow, but he can't keep his game together long enough to do it.

Whatever. This may be Nadal's year (and I am looking at his surreally soft draw), or not. We'll see. But, it can't get any better than this, for him. If he falls short, he may just end his career without one.

Manequin75
09-10-2010, 05:14 AM

maybe Rafa just knows the games of verdasco and almagro just too well. They are friends and hang out a lot and are davis cup team mates. Rafa knows all the spaniards inside out.

GugaF1
09-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Wow, do people here actually likes Tennis ? I watched this match and was expecting to come here and hear a bunch of praises for Nadal who did everything great aside from the beginning. Served well, counter punched really well, played agressive whenever possivle, even vollied really well even was feeling so good was hitting 360 volleys out there.

Instead the focus here is on degrading verdasco.... Do some of you watch tennis, really expected in this conditions, windy as hell, semi final of GS all conditions that strongly favour Nadal? There was not much Verdasco could do, I actually thought he played reasonable well in the conditions and by the characterstics of his game he came with a nice plan of playing with the wind no being overly agressive. But against a raging Nadal doing nearly everything well, there is not much to do, same as with Soderling and Federing last night.

Newflash for some of you, When Nadal or Federer are playing at their best specially late in slams and in adverse conditions they will noticably and decisively prevail . Is not much of a secret as it is not why they are Goat material.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-10-2010, 05:19 AM
worst bit of gay porn ive seen in....uh forever

the verdasco guy just sat there and let the big butt one fuck with silly, hardly showing emotion or even trying

obviously faking it

Manequin75
09-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Shameful how Verdasco just gave up after he blew the first set. Fight, you dolt, it's the only way to win and even if you don't, I'd have more than 30 minutes of interesting tennis when I'm up at 5 AM :mad:

Fernando has heart. I saw his prior match with ferrer at louis armstrong and he played with what champions are made of. The conditions today were horrible. I was wearing a jacket and still feeling the chills on my seat. The wind was horrendous. It was his match at Arthur Ash in unplayable conditions in the first set atleast. Fernando is not my favorite but I can vouch that the guy has a big game and a big heart. ANd I am beginning to appreciate this guy.

Commander Data
09-10-2010, 05:23 AM
I just hope that Nole-Fed do not kill each other saturday, so that Rafito has to face at least one real good player in the final. In that case he won't win it, mark me words.

Vamos_Me_Rafa
09-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Vamos Rafa! :worship:

allpro
09-10-2010, 05:34 AM
tough conditions like these bring mental toughness, patience, and problem solving to the fore. i don’t think anyone is better than nadal.

Foxy
09-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Stunned how you say Verdasco choked as he had 1/1 break point conversation againt 4/9 for Nadal. It is Rafa who choked the break.

Manequin75
09-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Verdasco in his presser after the Rafa match has tipped Federer to win the US Open. He thinks Rafa will get to the finals but will have a very tough match with Roger who will win.

Fernando had previusly tipped Rafa to win the french after monte carlo, also tipped Rafa to regain the # 1 ranking and also predicted he will win wimbledon. He has been 3/3 in the last few months in his predictions.

If the Nostradamus inside Fernando continues to live there might be heartbreak for Rafa on Sunday.

osmonde
09-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Nadal is clever, experienced, tenacious, agile, fast, and with a warrior spirit.
Wind, heat, balls, wathever the conditions, he has a plan and knows how to adjust.
No other, beside Federer at the moment, could deal with all that at once.
Tonight, he just played the game he needed to get through.
One break and no set lost over 5 matches, even Federer can't say that today.

Experience prevailed for the 2 top players.
Hope they both win in semis to see them play through a rainy forecast Sunday.

FlameOn
09-10-2010, 05:54 AM
In Nando's presser he blames the conditions way too much. Sure they were tough but Nadal had the same conditions.

kindling
09-10-2010, 05:58 AM
I bet all the Spaniards, minus Rafa, are going to have a meeting about pulling a "Tanya Harding" on the man that steals all their thunder. Boring tennis tonight. Really sad to see this in a 1/4 final. At least Youzhny and Wawrinka played some tennis, as well as Ferrer and Verdasco earlier. Rafa's great, but the uneven level is just horrid to watch.

The Magician
09-10-2010, 06:01 AM
IMO explaining Nadal's successes by his favorable draws is overused here. I've just checked out his entire H2H record and among active players he has negative H2H only against Cilic (0-1) and Davydenko (4-5). So what? Cilic in the QF and Davydenko in SF would be a tough draw for him? I'm not sure since they haven't beaten Nadal in the best of five match.

Nadal's h2h matchups are warped because of his extraordinary success on clay combined with his mediocre results on hard courts. This obviously applies to his h2h with Federer but applies just as much to everyone else. In fact, the only person who doesn't suffer from this is Federer because he's so consistent on all surfaces, but Nadal is probably the least valuable person to use h2h as a measurement of anything.

It's not like a secret what a difficult draw for Nadal would be, he had one, except all his difficult opponents lost like mugs and he got a joke draw. Whether this counts as a "draw" or not is just a matter of semantics, it means he had a joke path to the final regardless.

The Magician
09-10-2010, 06:03 AM
btw Mugdasco said if he had to lose to anyone he would rather it be a spaniard. It's obvious he tanks these matches because he knows he has no chance to win the tournament and wants the spanish #1 to get the career grand slam :o

He really should be fined for tanking, and there should be some sort of rule against too many players from the same country in one section of a draw. All it creates is colluding together and fixing draws which isn't in the interests of any tennis fans.

nadal_slam_king
09-10-2010, 06:04 AM
People are going to be fooled by Nadal's play because they think he played poor in the 1st set, but really he was just playing the odds and taking advantage of Verdasco's problem with the wind. Nadal explained to Gilbert how he was aware that Verdasco might make a lot of errors in the wind, he was playing defensive for the 1st set to see if Verdasco was going to donate much. That's what Nadal will probably do in his final 2 matches, he won't take risks if his opponent is having trouble with the wind (although that will likely only apply to Youzhny, I doubt Federer will struggle in the wind). Good idea, it's the smart and right thing to do.

straitup
09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
It was NID after Nadal broke Verdasco for 6-5 in the first set (or for that matter, when he got back on serve in the first set). Verdasco couldn't get enough returns in against Nadal to have many chances to break.

Hoping that Youzhny can take Rafa out but I highly doubt it'll happen.

GugaF1
09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
lol Some Hilarious stuff in here.

Manequin75
09-10-2010, 06:13 AM
btw Mugdasco said if he had to lose to anyone he would rather it be a spaniard. It's obvious he tanks these matches because he knows he has no chance to win the tournament and wants the spanish #1 to get the career grand slam :o

He really should be fined for tanking, and there should be some sort of rule against too many players from the same country in one section of a draw. All it creates is colluding together and fixing draws which isn't in the interests of any tennis fans.

try reading your posts to know how absurd you sound. Every player has pride. Nobody bends over. Everyone would like to beat the #1 player in the world. And everyone tries.

n8
09-10-2010, 06:22 AM
A few years ago I would've never thought that Nadal would have more Grand Slam semis at the US Open than any other Slam between 2008 and 2010. He's made the semis 2/3 years for each of the other three Slams in this period.

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 06:29 AM

Yes, but the point is, Voo, you're not looking for somebody with a leading H2H to find a tough match-up for Nadal on hard courts: you're looking for somebody with a leading H2H on hard courts, or at least, somebody with recent wins on hard courts.

The other point, of course, is that having hit his stride very early as a player, Nadal has yet to have a protracted shit period. If he carries on playing past 26, he'll have a fair few losing H2Hs.

brent-o
09-10-2010, 06:30 AM

Tennis died at Wimbledon 2008. Clearly you missed the memo.

LaFuria
09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Mugdasco is lucky Monfils reached the QF's to keep him from putting up the most disgraceful performance of the open.

Daniel
09-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Verdasco :smash:

finn98
09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Wow, do people here actually likes Tennis ? I watched this match and was expecting to come here and hear a bunch of praises for Nadal who did everything great aside from the beginning. Served well, counter punched really well, played agressive whenever possivle, even vollied really well even was feeling so good was hitting 360 volleys out there.

Instead the focus here is on degrading verdasco.... Do some of you watch tennis, really expected in this conditions, windy as hell, semi final of GS all conditions that strongly favour Nadal? There was not much Verdasco could do, I actually thought he played reasonable well in the conditions and by the characterstics of his game he came with a nice plan of playing with the wind no being overly agressive. But against a raging Nadal doing nearly everything well, there is not much to do, same as with Soderling and Federing last night.

Newflash for some of you, When Nadal or Federer are playing at their best specially late in slams and in adverse conditions they will noticably and decisively prevail . Is not much of a secret as it is not why they are Goat material.
A good lesson to Fedtards ruining MTF with their hate :yeah:
Also a lot of fedtards seem to be really good at homo erotic imagery...hmmm.....i wonder why :spit:

Modetopia
09-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Good 4 him, it's about time to beat a Top 10 guy on HC.

MIMIC
09-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Verdasco :yeah:

Voo de Mar
09-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Nadal's h2h matchups are warped because of his extraordinary success on clay combined with his mediocre results on hard courts.

Sorry but I don't get how Nadal has mediocre results on hardcourts as a winner of Australian Open, Indian Wells, Toronto and Beijing-Olympics + finals in Miami, semifinals at the US Open and Cincinnati :shrug:

Yes, but the point is, Voo, you're not looking for somebody with a leading H2H to find a tough match-up for Nadal on hard courts: you're looking for somebody with a leading H2H on hard courts, or at least, somebody with recent wins on hard courts.

Cilic and Davydenko have a positive H2H against Nadal on hardcourts.

I'm not saying that Nadal has had difficult draw into the semifinal and hypothetical final but I really don't know what would be tough for him when he has mental edge over all players in the world :o Draws have their own logic, Nadal can't play in the 3rd round against a Top 20 player in the 4th round against a Top 10 player etc. What's the difference whether he plays against Kohlschreiber not Simon, Stakhovsky not Lopez, Ferrer not Verdasco, Wawrinka not Youzhny? I can agree that Murray is a more difficult match-up for Nadal than Wawrinka or Youhzny but Nadal would be a favorite in that match anyway.

Nole fan
09-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I just saw the first set and went to sleep. I knew it already. Shame. :o

Start da Game
09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Also a lot of fedtards seem to be really good at homo erotic imagery...hmmm.....i wonder why :spit:

true that...... :haha:

MariaV
09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
lol Some Hilarious stuff in here.

Indeed.

Nothing wrong with it actually, no? :aplot: :angel: :D

FairWeatherFan
09-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Yet another pathetically easy draw for the Accidental Champion.

solowyn
09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Dull match.

latso
09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
freaking hurricane :mad:

credit to Rafa for being able to play in any condition

this made it for him. nothing else

bayvalle
09-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I just saw the first set and went to sleep. I knew it already. Shame. :o

I stayed throughout the whole match. Verdasco, the actor, followed the script to the hilt. These Spaniards.

henke007
09-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Expected, next Bye pls!!

marvin0211
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Lots of whiner here about Nadal are the persons who belittled his accomplishment and boldly saying Nadal will have no chance winning US Open(2 matches to go and maybe Nadal will lose either), apparently they dont want to prove their opinions are wrong, a lot of fedtards are afraid that Nadal if he played Federer their idol will lose, but the thing is Federer has all the advantage winning five times and in the finals 6times and they all proclaimed Federer is better hc player than Nadal, why whine then you should be behind your idol, they still have to play the game if they both advance to the finals, Are you not confident of Federer hc game?

Wilanderer
09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Lots of whiner here about Nadal are the persons who belittled his accomplishment and boldly saying Nadal will have no chance winning US Open(2 matches to go and maybe Nadal will lose either), apparently they dont want to prove their opinions are wrong, a lot of fedtards are afraid that Nadal if he played Federer their idol will lose, but the thing is Federer has all the advantage winning five times and in the finals 6times and they all proclaimed Federer is better hc player than Nadal, why whine then you should be behind your idol, they still have to play the game if they both advance to the finals, Are you not confident of Federer hc game?

Wow, that's a long sentence.

Stefanos13
09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't know what's going on here with all the comments. Sounds as if most people didn't actually see the match. Nadal played a great match – and Verdasco was simply kept at bay by Nadal's eventual adjustment to the unusual conditions.

If you ask me, Nadal has another two gears to bring to this year's USO and yet he managed to be at this point without losing a set.

:worship:

BigJohn
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Hahahahaa. Really? Have you read Start the Douche or Clay Death posts? This is where quality gay erotica can be found. You can almost read the fapping.

Helevorn
09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
loldasco

marvin0211
09-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Verdasco lost all matches to Rafa before? do you think a big possibility that he will win? Nadal is much superior to Verdasco(in terms of tennis accomplishment) so dont whine about the result.

Start da Game
09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Hahahahaa. Really? Have you read Start the Douche or Clay Death posts? This is where quality gay erotica can be found. You can almost read the fapping.

he is right, your endless "imagery" like he put is pretty evident in your posts because you are the one who keeps coming up with such weird thoughts....... :haha:

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I can't believe I actually had faith in this guy again. I should have known that not much has changed. Verdasco is and will always be a choker, especially on the big points and when trying to convert breaks. I mean.. the TWO DF's he made in the 1st set eventually caused him to lose the set. It could have ended in a TB, but he blew it and Rafa won the set instead, sucks, since he was leading almost through the entire set!

I can't believe he could mess up this badly, always UE's and DF's on ALL of his big chances to level the score. And against Rafa you can't afford ANY mess ups, you just have to grip every chance you get, because if you don't then you know Rafa will just step it up and get the game, and eventually the set, which he did.

The guy who said Verdasco has had a bit of a set back while Nadal has improved his game with the serve etc., was right. It was more obvious here than ever before.

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
freaking hurricane :mad:

credit to Rafa for being able to play in any condition

this made it for him. nothing else

LOL.. I can't believe Nando tried to get away with it by blaming the conditions. Truth is it was the same conitions for Rafa, and he managed to adjust his game, Nando didn't. Also, his numerous UE's and DF's on ALL of the big points were NOT only caused by the wind, but also on some stupid mistakes and mental choking.

Nando is and will always be a choker in the big matches. He will never win over Nadal unless he changes. He should get a sports psychologist. Even the commentators mentioned this in the match yesterday..

oranges
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Fernando has heart. I saw his prior match with ferrer at louis armstrong and he played with what champions are made of. The conditions today were horrible. I was wearing a jacket and still feeling the chills on my seat. The wind was horrendous. It was his match at Arthur Ash in unplayable conditions in the first set atleast. Fernando is not my favorite but I can vouch that the guy has a big game and a big heart. ANd I am beginning to appreciate this guy.

Oh give me a break. I was actually defending him from all the abuse here during the first set, even though he choked, precisely because he came to try and do his best to win. What exactly does an empty phrase "guy with a big heart" mean when we are talking about completely giving up in the next two sets? What do I care if he has heart in other mathces? After the first set in this one, I was bored silly because he couldn't wait to get off the court and I was awake at 5 AM for that snoozefest.

BigJohn
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
he is right, your endless "imagery" like he put is pretty evident in your posts because you are the one who keeps coming up with such weird thoughts....... :haha:

Is that so? You see the straw in the eyes of others. Can you spot the beam now?

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Verdasco started well

Verdasco got break

Verdasco had tight service game

OH, THE PRESSURE!

Deuce, double fault, double fault.

Verdasco gives up.

Or at least, I presume that's what happened, stopped watching then cos he'd clearly chucked in the towel mentally.

You summed up the match perfectly actually. It was basically how it went. You got the choking/giving up part right too.

Shirogane
09-10-2010, 11:24 AM
:lol: Forehando fiasco, Bendoverdasco – didn't check the first page for nothing. Yes, 2 df is choking, though the worst thing is with him, you can't be even sure of that. :o

ToniTennis
09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
It's Verdasco, not Verdasaco...

...unless you're writing that way on purpose?

latso
09-10-2010, 11:56 AM
LOL.. I can't believe Nando tried to get away with it by blaming the conditions. Truth is it was the same conitions for Rafa, and he managed to adjust his game, Nando didn't. Also, his numerous UE's and DF's on ALL of the big points were NOT only caused by the wind, but also on some stupid mistakes and mental choking.

Nando is and will always be a choker in the big matches. He will never win over Nadal unless he changes. He should get a sports psychologist. Even the commentators mentioned this in the match yesterday..
Rafa is the best player under windy conditions, punto

Rafa - Murray on hard is normally a win for Murray.
With storm conditions - 6-0 6-1 Rafa (if u remember this final last year...)

rafa has a much shorter toss when serving and his style is based on solid defense, which is easier to produce sending moonballs on the baselien and the oponent being unable to produce the usual quality of his shots because the wind is either against you and you have to reach for the balls, sometimes it goes from the side, etc.

Rafa is punching the ball only when he has a clear shot on it.
Verdasco needs to produce much more heavy shots to have chances in a match like that due to his inferior defensive skills.

So - Verdasco couldn't serve normally, he couldn't attack normally and he gave up after the crucial first set, coz not even Federer has chances to come back against Rafa in a storm trailling a set down.

The match was played in first set. Verdasco served 48% and his break of Rafa's serve was rather a fluke comming from the few not perfect aproaches of the bull and good passing shots from Nando.

The wind DID screw him with those DFs. If he had held and win the first set, the match was going to be open imo.

Coz what we saw in second and third set was just Rafa growing in confidence, playing better and better and Nando stops believing. It wasn't a match anymore.

But first set is was the match and the wind played its crucial role.

I would also have liked Nando to fight more till the end, but i've been in similar position and i can tell you it's almost impossible.

Solid slam performance by Nando overall. He'll have to wait for Australia where the sun has much less impact on him than the US winds.

hopefully he is as fit as he was here.

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Rafa is the best player under windy conditions, punto

Rafa - Murray on hard is normally a win for Murray.
With storm conditions - 6-0 6-1 Rafa (if u remember this final last year...)

rafa has a much shorter toss when serving and his style is based on solid defense, which is easier to produce sending moonballs on the baselien and the oponent being unable to produce the usual quality of his shots because the wind is either against you and you have to reach for the balls, sometimes it goes from the side, etc.

Rafa is punching the ball only when he has a clear shot on it.
Verdasco needs to produce much more heavy shots to have chances in a match like that due to his inferior defensive skills.

So - Verdasco couldn't serve normally, he couldn't attack normally and he gave up after the crucial first set, coz not even Federer has chances to come back against Rafa in a storm trailling a set down.

The match was played in first set. Verdasco served 48% and his break of Rafa's serve was rather a fluke comming from the few not perfect aproaches of the bull and good passing shots from Nando.

The wind DID screw him with those DFs. If he had held and win the first set, the match was going to be open imo.

Coz what we saw in second and third set was just Rafa growing in confidence, playing better and better and Nando stops believing. It wasn't a match anymore.

But first set is was the match and the wind played its crucial role.

I would also have liked Nando to fight more till the end, but i've been in similar position and i can tell you it's almost impossible.

Solid slam performance by Nando overall. He'll have to wait for Australia where the sun has much less impact on him than the US winds.

hopefully he is as fit as he was here.

I guess you have some solid points here. The thing I agree most with though is the last thing you said. I have a MUCH better feeling for what he'll be able to accomplish in AO. I think he's usually better there than USO, and he has the chance to do well there. So it will be ineteresting to see :)

Orka_n
09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Fiasco :rolleyes:
I hope the colonel can give Nadal a match. At least he knows he can beat him.

Commander Data
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Just rewatched the 3rd set. What an utter Mug-performance by Mugasco. What a Fiasco indeed. Nadal has had a virual bye so far. Rafa will get straight setted in the final, this title is not supposed to be his.

MacTheKnife
09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Totally expected. I even got a bad rep for predicting nando to bend over as usual and nadal would win in 3 easy sets.. Ok, I admit, I was wrong. It was only 2 easy sets and the complete bend over job didn't lock in until late in the first.. :lol:

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Totally expected. I even got a bad rep for predicting nando to bend over as usual and nadal would win in 3 easy sets.. Ok, I admit, I was wrong. It was only 2 easy sets and the complete bend over job didn't lock in until late in the first.. :lol:

LOL. Is it bad that I find this funny? And I'm a fan.. But it's so true though! He had his chances, but he choked. It's the story of Nando's career.

FlameOn
09-10-2010, 12:46 PM

True, but coming from a Roddick fan it's a bit of a pot calling the kettle black. :lol:

latso
09-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I guess you have some solid points here. The thing I agree most with though is the last thing you said. I have a MUCH better feeling for what he'll be able to accomplish in AO. I think he's usually better there than USO, and he has the chance to do well there. So it will be ineteresting to see :)
fair enough

cheers :)

latso
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdAS7EDuF6Y

moto of the day

Azurebi
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Whatever. Verdasaco's girlfriend is really hot.

Rafa#Uno:-)
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Nadal explained to Gilbert how he was aware that Verdasco might make a lot of errors in the wind, he was playing defensive for the 1st set to see if Verdasco was going to donate much. That's what Nadal will probably do in his final 2 matches, he won't take risks if his opponent is having trouble with the wind. Good idea, it's the smart and right thing to do.

agree :wavey: thats the right thing to do

timafi
09-10-2010, 01:26 PM
so let me get this straight.Verdasco bitches about the wind.Then he breaks Nadal and goes up on him and when it's time to close the deal in the First set;he fucking chokes badly and forgets how to play tennis the rest of the time:mad:

Verdasco you are an arrogant and incapable dick

Serenidad
09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
NID. After Nadal's R3 victory they should have just held two on court celebrations for Nadal's R16 and QF match or more exhibitions.

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 02:23 PM
OK, I'll stop now.. I have to study anyway. I just have one thing to say, or rather requoting something from another forum, anyways.. It sums up nicely my feelings.

Losely translated:

I swear that Verdasco could lead a match 6-0, 6-0, 5-0, 40-0, and still manage to lose it. With all due respect to Nadal (who of course is a mega favorite and never would lose this match anyway), it's strictly speaking only to keep the ball in play and wait for Verdasco to self destruct. Wind conditions should be mentioned. Difficult to follow through a tactical plan when the conditions are as tough as they are.

There you have it. I kinda agree with this assessment of the match yesterday.

delpiero7
09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Uncle Toni must surely be running out of $$$ with the amount of people he has had to pay off so far. Murray and Nalbandian must have both recieved a hefty cheque. Also the two fanboys Lopez and Verdasco must have been paid off, even though they would have been happy enough to let their idol win easily without financial incentive. No doubts Nadal will have another walkover against Youzhny, who'll have nothing but $$$ signs flashing in front of his eyes right now.

Then, apart from the players he's also had to pay off the schedule organisers 4 times so far to make sure that Nadal wouldn't have to play his fixed matches in the heat of the day. And thirdly he's also somehow paid off the air, ensuring that there are gale force winds blowing in the stadium so the opponent wouldn't have a hope of stringing more than 2 returns together before hitting the ball out.

Toni will be praying that Federer makes the final on the other side of the draw to enusre he doesn't have to splash out any more cash. We all know that Federer has a habit of playing like a woman against Nadal anyways, bribe or no bribe.

Absolutely scandalous if you ask me!

cobalt60
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe Rafa won because for most players he plays against he is the better player. His serve and volleying are better so I think he just wants to show everyone that he can train to be a better player on hard courts. At least his haters should admit that the kid works hard and his training has paid off.

allpro
09-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Uncle Toni must surely be running out of $$$ with the amount of people he has had to pay off so far. Murray and Nalbandian must have both recieved a hefty cheque. Also the two fanboys Lopez and Verdasco must have been paid off, even though they would have been happy enough to let their idol win easily without financial incentive. No doubts Nadal will have another walkover against Youzhny, who'll have nothing but $$$ signs flashing in front of his eyes right now.

Then, apart from the players he's also had to pay off the schedule organisers 4 times so far to make sure that Nadal wouldn't have to play his fixed matches in the heat of the day. And thirdly he's also paid somehow paid off the air, ensuring that there are gale force winds blowing in the stadium so the opponent wouldn't have a hope of stringing more than 2 returns together before hitting the ball out.

Toni will be praying that Federer makes the final on the other side of the draw to enusre he doesn't have to splash out any more cash. We all know that Federer has a habit of playing like a woman against Nadal anyways, bribe or no bribe.

:lol:

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe Rafa won because for most players he plays against he is the better player. His serve and volleying are better so I think he just wants to show everyone that he can train to be a better player on hard courts. At least his haters should admit that the kid works hard and his training has paid off.

I think you are asking for too much. This is MTF, the place where everyone loves to hate Rafa.

thrust
09-10-2010, 05:16 PM

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS-LOL!! If so, you need to get professional help!

Everko
09-10-2010, 05:19 PM

this goes toward the top of the worst posts of all time list

Sapeod
09-10-2010, 05:34 PM
this goes toward the top of the worst posts of all time list
:spit:

That post is the truth.
Nadal wins this tournament, and it's the death of tennis.

Everko
09-10-2010, 05:36 PM

That post is the truth.

Magician is one of the most mindless hateful people on this entire forum. I bet he would take a metal stick to nadal's knees if he had the chance in real life.

FormerRafaFan
09-10-2010, 05:52 PM

That post is the truth.

I'm sorry, but WHY would it be the death of tennis?

I think that would be an amazing, because it shows that with a lot of determination and improvment you can make it if you only believe in yourself and keep on fighting.

Rafa has worked hard to get to where he is today. Why can't you just credit the guy for having gotten this far because he made improvments in his game and deserved to get to the SF instead of making up dumb excuses like "a gift draw" or "players bending over"?

Maybe he was lucky that Wawrinka beat Murray. Still, if Murray played his EXACT same game against Nadal as he did against Wawrinka, don't you think Nadal would've beaten him anyway? Do you think a guy like Wawrinka can beat Murray and Nadal can't? Utter crap. Nadal would have won against Murray that day because Murray simply couldn't handle the pressure and played an average match. His game was a letdown. I'm not saying Wawrinka didn't deserve to win, of course he did. I'm just saying that I think Nadal would have defeated Murray if he was playing Murray that day anyway. So please stop with the "gift draw" stupidity already.

Vida
09-10-2010, 05:54 PM
this matchup never had anything to do with verdasco.

LaFuria
09-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I think that would be an amazing, because it shows that with a lot of determination and improvment you can make it if you only believe in yourself and keep on fighting.

:haha::haha::haha: