What would you despise the most this Sunday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What would you despise the most this Sunday

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Juts wondering if I could get a sense of what you guys would despise the most from amongst these options. Even if you don't despise any of the above please pick one on a relative basis so the poll doesn't get skewed with many abstaining and only the ones with strong feelings voting.

Pirata.
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Rain.

tennismaster1978
09-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Rafa career slam. I hope Fed get #17! War Federer!!!!!:mad:

tennis2tennis
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
anybody handing brad gilbert the mic at ANY POINT

shawshank
09-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Deffinitely Rafa completing career slam!

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Deffinitely Rafa completing career slam!

you are a rafa fan and the thing you would despise (hate) the most is rafa completing career slam? hmmm

oranges
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't know about despising any of the scenarios, but I'd least like a Fedal final

Guga_fan
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't mind any of the options, I would despise the wind ruining the final, though.

Manequin75
wow...most people so far would despise Rafa getting a career slam...hmmm

solowyn
Federer losing.

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't mind any of the options, I would despise the wind ruining the final, though.

just pick one on a relative basis so that the poll doesnt get baised to one side if people abstain

Pirata.
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
anybody handing brad gilbert the mic at ANY POINT

:yeah:

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
wow..the number fo people despising rafa's career slam is quickly into double digits :)

I wonder who the NYC crowd would prefer to win should Fed and Rafa play the finals? Maybe neither - mostly hoping for great tennis forf 5 long sets huh?

FormerRafaFan
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM
wow...most people so far would despise Rafa getting a career slam...hmmm

Are you surprised? How long have you been here? Most people here despise Rafa, most people can't even get themselves to credit the guy if he wins a slam (I.E. Wimbly/FO this year). I still don't get the Rafa hate. He's the most humble, nice person this sport has ever seen. But people still hate him, whatever. Maybe they're just jealous.

Anyways.. I wouldn't say I would despise any of the above, but hmm, going with Youzhny for no better option.

Shirogane
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM
wow..the number fo people despising rafa's career slam is quickly into double digits :)

:)

It's not like I had a choice, since I happen to like all the other options. Had you added "Strong winds on AA", I'd have happily picked it.

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Are you surprised? How long have you been here? Most people here despise Rafa, most people can't even get themselves to credit the guy if he wins a slam (I.E. Wimbly/FO this year). I still don't get the Rafa hate. He's the most humble, nice person this sport has ever seen. But people still hate him, whatever. Maybe they're just jealous.

Anyways.. I wouldn't say I would despise any of the above, but hmm, going with Youzhny for no better option.

I know this board has many Rafa haters. But it has many Rafa lovers too. Maybe just that time of the day.

Yeah the youhzny option was created for people with no bias against the other choices. I would think most people who would stay neutral would go there just like i did :) (nothing against youhzny though but I think his presence would be an anti-climatic end to this tournament for most tennis fans globally who are expecting a fedal final. Fed beating youghzy 4,3,2 would hardly be anything to write home about).

solowyn
09-09-2010, 09:08 PM
We haven't had epic slam finals this year, it'd be great to make up for it at the USO!

Aaric
09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I voted wrong :lol:
I wouldnt like Youzhny in the final at all

JediFed
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually, I'd hate it most if Nadal beat Fed in a Fedal final.

Second up would be Nadal beating the Djerk.

Third up would be Djerk beating anybody for slam number 2.

Fourth would be Youzhny, or Wawa or Nando winning the Open.

Fifth would be Youzhny or Wawa or Nando losing to Fed in the final.

The favourite option would be Fed beating Nadal in the USO Final.

So I'm mixed on the Fedal

misty1
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
honestly its a tie between nadal completing his career grand slam and a fedal final

it just gets so boring seeing the same people winning slams all the time, its nice to have someone win a slam that either hasnt won one in forever or have someone win their first ever grand slam

So at this point even if it meant djokovic winning another slam i'd rather have him win this one.

Shirogane
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I voted wrong :lol:
I wouldnt like Youzhny in the final at all

At least you would've meant your vote. But Youzhny as the neutral poll option, now that's just a tad disrespectful IMHO.

Lopez
09-09-2010, 09:57 PM

If Rafatards wouldn't be so numerous and annoying at the moment, the hate level would be smaller.

The fact that they're constantly putting down Federer on these boards (and he's probably the most popular player here) might also have something to do with it.

Lopez
09-09-2010, 09:59 PM

Well if you use Rafatard logic, Federer beating Nadal in the final would be worse for Rafa than him losing before the final (since the h2h would be worse).

jcreback
09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
you are a rafa fan and the thing you would despise (hate) the most is rafa completing career slam? hmmm

This surprises you? When have you seen Rafatards on this board exhibit the third grade intelligence necessary to interpret the poll question?

Sophocles
09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Are you surprised? How long have you been here? Most people here despise Rafa, most people can't even get themselves to credit the guy if he wins a slam (I.E. Wimbly/FO this year). I still don't get the Rafa hate.

Perhaps you should stop listening to Nadal's "I'm so very 'umble" Uriah Heep blather long enough to remember he is now a reasonably dominant Number One player. You don't have to "hate" such a player to want other players to have a shot at glory. There are after all quite a few other players on the tour, many of whom have more aesthetically appealing games & a less time-wasting, gratingly exuberant on-court demeanour. Not only that, but also a player of Nadal's relatively limited talent winning the career slam would be the clearest sign yet of the lamentable homogenization of surfaces, & his winning 3 slams in one year would be another sad indictment of the failure of the rest of the field to step up and challenge a guy who is eminently beatable on hard courts. The indictment would be sadder still if his final victim were Grandaderer. In itself it wouldn't matter a fck for either's career, but it would be further proof of the inadequacy of the younger generations of players, & of course it would set the troll-maggots who infest this forum writhing in puke-inducing glee.

Having said that, if in 3 or 4 years a past-it Rafa who's down on his uppers one day somehow makes another US Open final, THEN I shall be cheering if he completes the career slam.

KarlyM
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
DICK ENBERG!!! :mad:

I like all the players left, btw. ;)

DorianGray7
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM

:haha:

More people hate Roger's gut and wish he got run over by a bus. Just look at the threads up right now about "Oh, Roger can't be the GOAT if he loses..." oh "who's tired of Roger Federer?" Basically MTF is for Rafa-tards to slander dirt over Federer over and over again.

Who knows maybe they're just jealous...

careergrandslam
09-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Perhaps you should stop listening to Nadal's "I'm so very 'umble" Uriah Heep blather long enough to remember he is now a reasonably dominant Number One player. You don't have to "hate" such a player to want other players to have a shot at glory. There are after all quite a few other players on the tour, many of whom have more aesthetically appealing games & a less time-wasting, gratingly exuberant on-court demeanour. Not only that, but also a player of Nadal's relatively limited talent winning the career slam would be the clearest sign yet of the lamentable homogenization of surfaces, & his winning 3 slams in one year would be another sad indictment of the failure of the rest of the field to step up and challenge a guy who is eminently beatable on hard courts. The indictment would be sadder still if his final victim were Grandaderer. In itself it wouldn't matter a fck for either's career, but it would be further proof of the inadequacy of the younger generations of players, & of course it would set the troll-maggots who infest this forum writhing in puke-inducing glee.

Having said that, if in 3 or 4 years a past-it Rafa who's down on his uppers one day somehow makes another US Open final, THEN I shall be cheering if he completes the career slam.

:cuckoo:

The Magician
09-09-2010, 10:23 PM

My thoughts exactly :yeah:

jaana
09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
well, an all-swiss final would mean Misha losing today and Fed winning nr. 17 so that one

latso
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Verdasco losing to Djokovic

that might kill me

anticaria
09-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Rain.

ditto.. no rain on sunday, please.. that would totally suck..

bad news is, last time i checked, there was a chance of scattered thunderstorms in the late afternoon/evening.. :confused:

selyoink
09-10-2010, 12:32 AM
The presence of Nadull unless he is going to get humiliated in straight sets.

anticaria
09-10-2010, 12:42 AM

i also don't quite get the nadal hate.. especially when rafa's never had anything but praise for roger.. it certainly doesn't speak very highly of roger's fans.. btw, my vote was for an all-swiss final as my least favorite scenario on sunday, but not because i have anything against wawrinka, but because i enjoy fedal finals and it would be amazing to see rafa and roger finally square off at the uso, regardless of who wins or loses..

brent-o
09-10-2010, 01:35 AM
No matter who makes it to the final, what I would really despise the most would be if the quality of the play dropped because of all this crappy wind!

shawshank
09-10-2010, 01:44 AM
I got it wrong. Thought that despise means want to see.
Ofcourse I would hate to see Federer winning this one...

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 02:37 AM
I got it wrong. Thought that despise means want to see.
Ofcourse I would hate to see Federer winning this one...

Nadal fans....

gulzhan
09-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Rain.

This.

Take out all the Swiss final and replace it with Novak vs Rafa final :p

shawshank
09-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Nadal fans....

yeah, coz you British peaople speak so many other languages. for sure you speak spanish and german as well, don't you? get a life.

Sophocles
09-10-2010, 02:59 AM
yeah, coz you British peaople speak so many other languages. for sure you speak spanish and german as well, don't you? get a life.

Latin, ancient Greek, German, & French, but don't worry about it. If you didn't keep starting Nadal forum threads in GM I shouldn't mind.

Infinity
09-10-2010, 03:47 AM
LOL. I despise them all

Youzhny playing on Sunday: then you can gift the other guy the trophy.

All Swiss Final: another happy loser in the final telling us how good he played, but Federer was so good. 'I did it for Switzerland'

Nadal completing his career slam: yeah, just in the last 9 slams you have 2 career slams won by 2 different players. A tough era indeed!

Federer winning #17: as usual when Federer does lose to some player at a slam, he wins the following year without having to face this same player in the tournament (Probably because Roger is so good that he knocks his nemesis out without playing him)

Fedal Final: the only good thing. At least this is one of two combinations that could produce a good final, but the only problem is that it guarantees one of the previous 2 options to happen.

gbmkc
09-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Tired of Fedal. I posted somewhere else, about men's tennis in general: two contenders and a bunch of mugs. That's what a Fedal slam championship match represents. The rest of the field isn't even close, is not in their league, can't handle, can't hang, can't stop them, and is, in fact, just fighting for a place in the semifinals.

We can talk about the rest of the league all we want, the other good players who look like they have the stuff. But, where are they now? Come Sunday, it could be Fedal in the finals, and all of these other guys will be elsewhere, waiting for them to loosen their grip.

Arkulari
09-10-2010, 04:22 AM
rain delays

Elena.
09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
i want the Fedal for the first time in my life ! :(

maxardy
09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
why there isnt and option "seeing a mug like chokovic winning his second major"? oh, cause its not happening

Elena.
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
i want the Fedal for the first time in my life ! :(

if fedal is then i really don't know what's worse,Rogie confirming himself as goat or Rafito winning the third Slam of the year ?I am still thinking :angel:

out_here_grindin
09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Interesting poll results

good_gambler
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
I would most despise Federer winning a single point against Djokovic.

finishingmove
09-11-2010, 03:53 PM
youzhny on sunday... tired of seeing people getting sodomized in their first grand slam final.

Sapeod
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Nadal winning.

If that happens it will be the official death of tennis.

Dmitry Verdasco
09-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Federer def Youhzny <<<< MOST DESPISED
Djokovic def Youhzny
Djokovic def Nadal
Federer def Nadal
Youhzny def Federer
Youhzny def Djokovic
RAIN.
Nadal def Djokovic
Nadal def Federer <<< LEAST DESPISED

smitty8
09-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Rain is the first thing that popped in my head.

wildegirl05
09-11-2010, 04:15 PM
djokovic winning :shrug:

Manequin75
09-12-2010, 03:49 AM
looks like the thing that majority of the people despise the most might happen tomorrow.

*lifting the right thigh and fist pumping*

VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!

MIMIC
09-12-2010, 03:53 AM
A Fedal final. The hype (and in the process, dismissing Nadal and Federer's opponents even before the matches began) was nauseating.