I think Rafa injured his knee yesterday. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I think Rafa injured his knee yesterday.

Filo V.
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
The match last night I didn't want to stay up and watch, because it was late, it was a predictable outcome, and I didn't give a fuck. I saw it anyway, Rafa played pretty decently. But in the third set, I think Rafa injured his knee/knees on a point where he lost his footing and slipped and put a lot of pressure on his knees, then was forced to hit a tough passing shot on the run. After that point, I saw him with that sort of worried expression on his face, and also doing those pained facial expression he does. At the change of ends, he looked at his box and said something, again looking a little upset about something. I don't know if it's just paranoia, and he's been made to run much less through this event than years previous, but he didn't look right to me there, it didn't feel right.

Did anyone see what I'm talking about?

oranges
09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
flyboy coming up with an excuse in advance, what a shocker :hug:

Mlad
09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah I think it's actually paranoia

Topspindoctor
09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah I think it's actually paranoia

This.

Filo V.
09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
flyboy coming up with an excuse in advance, what a shocker :hug:

:yawn:

Sophocles
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
There's a difference between hurting & injuring. If not even Uncle Toni has bothered to mention it, it must be nothing.

paseo
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
He looked fine to me.

latso
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
no one watched this match, but everyone has a position about what happened... :rolleyes:

anyways, thanks for sharing Fly, it might be important

Deivid23
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
lol

Orka_n
09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
:rolleyes:

ShotmaKer
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Didn't look bothered too me.

Lleyton_
09-08-2010, 01:56 PM
:worship:

Snoo Foo
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
i watched the whole thing. he had a pained expression cuz in the middle of the match he suddenly remembered he forgot to remind uncle toni to get him tickets to jersey boys. he will have cgs at age 24.

born_on_clay
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
I hope he's fine

tennisgolfguru
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
if it makes you feel any better I saw it too and had exactly the same thought - I said "oh oh" - but then he seemed to be fine so .. I hope it was nothing!

Johnny Groove
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I also so that.

I also recall when whoever it was interviewed him after the match (Pam Shriver?) and she said: "You look good, you don't have any pain in the knees, you seem healthy" and when she mentioned the knees, he sort of gave a look like: "You have no idea but I've got to keep it under wraps."

They just have to hold out for 3 more matches.

Shirogane
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Nothing on Rafasknees' twitter page, so it must be nothing.

Orka_n
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I also recall when whoever it was interviewed him after the match (Pam Shriver?) and she said: "You look good, you don't have any pain in the knees, you seem healthy" and when she mentioned the knees, he sort of gave a look like: "You have no idea but I've got to keep it under wraps."Chill, GD. You're not psychic. ;)
Yes, I would call it paranoia.

FormerRafaFan
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Flyboy, why are you posting things like this? Now you got me worried too! :(

Anyways.. hope if he felt something that it wasn't something major..:eek:

MalwareDie
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I think Federer's back is more likely to show problems than Nadal's knees.

Paranoia.

Riosreigned
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Rafa looks like a man who is going to win the tournament without losing serve or losing a set. Superman in black and lime. Let's hope there is no knee injury, he is playing some of the best tennis in the history of the sport.

Priam
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
You'll know if he's feeling some pain in his service motion. He looked fine to me.

r2473
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm more concerned with Youzhney's head. That thing can start to bleed at any time:

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mikhail-youzhny-miami08.jpg

Skyward
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
flyboy needs a brain scan.

alter ego
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/1183144943171.jpg

philosophicalarf
09-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm more concerned with Youzhney's head. That thing can start to bleed at any time:

Merely warpaint, to terrify the opposition.

Shirogane
09-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Reminds me of those DBZ injuries, ahah.

Persimmon
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
The match last night I didn't want to stay up and watch, because it was late, it was a predictable outcome, and I didn't give a fuck. I saw it anyway, Rafa played pretty decently. But in the third set, I think Rafa injured his knee/knees on a point where he lost his footing and slipped and put a lot of pressure on his knees, then was forced to hit a tough passing shot on the run. After that point, I saw him with that sort of worried expression on his face, and also doing those pained facial expression he does. At the change of ends, he looked at his box and said something, again looking a little upset about something. I don't know if it's just paranoia, and he's been made to run much less through this event than years previous, but he didn't look right to me there, it didn't feel right.

Did anyone see what I'm talking about?

Rafa has an excuse for when he loses at the USO:o

ariel2
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM

:haha:

ariel2
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM
If there is a problem with his knee, we'll all be the last to know. He'll do what he needs to do to be ready. His foot is wrapped up something awful and he's still winning so no worries from this fan. No sense getting MTF fans all bent out of shape if we know nothing for sure, no?

DrJules
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I think Federer's back is more likely to show problems than Nadal's knees.

Paranoia.

Agreed.

Rafapig is going to take some stopping.

He has been impressive all event.

TheBoiledEgg
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm sure Feliciano's butt hurts a whole lot more.

jcreback
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
If there is a problem with his knee, we'll all be the last to know. He'll do what he needs to do to be ready. His foot is wrapped up something awful and he's still winning so no worries from this fan. No sense getting MTF fans all bent out of shape if we know nothing for sure, no?

If there is a problem with his knee, we'll all be the first to know if he loses a match in this tournament.

Snoo Foo
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
:rolls: true that :rolls:

Arkulari
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
oh come on, Rafa is 100% fine, no one will stop him but if something weird happens and someone actually beats him then I don't want excuses to be made for him

jcreback
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
oh come on, Rafa is 100% fine, no one will stop him but if something weird happens and someone actually beats him then I don't want excuses to be made for him

Neither do I, but you want to bet on whether or not it will happen?

ariel2
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Let me quote myself - his foot is wrapped something awful and he is still winning........

My point being that his will to win overcomes most little aches and pains which is what this probably is....if anything at all.

Young 8
09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Eufemiano Fuentes should visit him

Lopez
09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
NID that flyboy is the OP (check my sig...)

Filo V.
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
NID that flyboy is the OP (check my sig...)

I'll ask the same question I asked you months ago.

When is the last time Nadal lost while he was healthy on clay? Of course, you have twisted it into me saying he always is hurt when he loses, but that wasn't what I said. I mean, you act like that is a ridiculous statement, but it isn't. When he's on clay, and 100%, he wins, all the time.

Filo V.
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Most of you are very disrespectful and pretty much being jackasses, I asked a simple question, and only a handful of you actually answered, and a large part of the rest of you had some smart alecky thing to say like you think it's cute for an adult to act like an asshole and be rude. If you saw him wince, show a bit of pain and give a little bit of a worried look to his box, then say yes, if not, say no. Not a fucking hard question. If you aren't going to answer the question and instead try to be disrespectful towards me, don't enter the fucking thread.

Filo V.
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
And the people who I'm talking to know who they are.

jcreback
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM

When is the last time Nadal lost while he was healthy on clay? Of course, you have twisted it into me saying he always is hurt when he loses, but that wasn't what I said. I mean, you act like that is a ridiculous statement, but it isn't. When he's on clay, and 100%, he wins, all the time.

Hurt by whose definition? He has taken clay losses where he wouldn't admit to being banged up, but his fans said he was.

09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I saw the whole Match and I just think Rafa was upset that he wasn't playing as well at times as he thought he should have against Lopez.

kobulingam
09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
wat part of which leg is wrapped? pic?

Snoo Foo
09-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok in that case:

I think you are wrong.

samanosuke
09-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Rafatards no need to be worry . He wouldn't need an excuses against fiasco

Sophocles
09-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Most of you are very disrespectful and pretty much being jackasses, I asked a simple question, and only a handful of you actually answered, and a large part of the rest of you had some smart alecky thing to say like you think it's cute for an adult to act like an asshole and be rude. If you saw him wince, show a bit of pain and give a little bit of a worried look to his box, then say yes, if not, say no. Not a fucking hard question. If you aren't going to answer the question and instead try to be disrespectful towards me, don't enter the fucking thread.

The American sense of humour in all its (old) glory.

oranges
09-09-2010, 01:09 AM

You do realize there's a Nadal forum and you can analyze every wince, breath or fart he makes there? It doesn't come with the benefit of ready made excuses for GM, but it's the place to discuss your "fears".

DuMa
09-09-2010, 01:10 AM
lies lies lies

BigJohn
09-09-2010, 02:01 AM
You do realize there's a Nadal forum and you can analyze every wince, breath or fart he makes there? It doesn't come with the benefit of ready made excuses for GM, but it's the place to discuss your "fears".

To get to the aforementioned forum:

1- Mens Tennis Forums

2- Players Forums

3- Spain

4- Rafael Nadal

5- Super Happy Fun Time ! ! ! (or Fearful Time, you decide...)

You're welcome.

r2473
09-09-2010, 04:54 AM

He's been healthy (not injured) but fatigued a few times.

But it is really irrelevant anyway. Fatigue, injuries, etc.....is is all part of the game. If the match was played fairly and he lost, he just lost.

When is the last time Roger lost when he was 100%? Well, I guess that depends on who you ask and what you mean by 100%. It is really irrevelant anyway. A loss is a loss.

sabina_RF_lee
09-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Stop this bullshit and post in rafa forum

nadal_slam_king
09-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Hope the media report a knee injury so he gets credit for winning the US Open while injured loljjk

Manequin75
09-09-2010, 05:30 AM
after the match on the on court interview with pam shriver he said he is feeling healthy and looked good to me. B

nadal_slam_king
09-09-2010, 06:33 AM
The Lopez match is definitely the best I've ever seen Nadal move at the US Open. The "charge smash" in the 3rd set was particularly impressive.

bokehlicious
09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Hope the media report a knee injury so he gets credit for winning the US Open while injured loljjk

SOMEONE BAN THAT DOUBLE ACCOUNT FFS!!!!!

oddkayla
09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I watched the match and i must say that his play was good, but not particularly great. He was serving really well, and i assume it would have been apparent if his knees are hurting.

He however was tight and was not his usual exubarent self and that had a lot to do with the fact that he was playing a close friend, spaniard etc more than anything.

In anycase Rafael Nadal does not need an excuse not to win the US Open. It has been said ad nauseum on this forum how terrible he is on hard courts. For his Fans, I would imagine the best they want to see is him giving his best account of himself. If it yields a trophy they should celebrate, and if it does not they should take comfort in the massive improvements and adjustments that he is making in his game and his quest to to his best. Noone can be shamed for giving 100%!

Jaz
09-09-2010, 09:50 AM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/chizburgertorio/panicn.gif

^ Nadaltards

cutesteve22
09-09-2010, 10:03 AM
he is fine enough to make the final

Persimmon
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Watch Rafa lose to Verdasco or Wawa. And now he has a reason.

latso
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Watch Rafa lose to Verdasco or Wawa. And now he has a reason.
Actually Verdasco will lose to Youzhny, which would be terrible

On the other side Nando wouldd have a shot on Federer if Waw shows up in his quarter

MacTheKnife
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
If he wins the tournament he didn't, if he doesn't he did.. :lol:

Serenidad
09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
There's no need to have an excuse ready for a Tobasco loss. This won't happen. Now you've already used the excuse too early.

The Magician
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
:haha: I'd think this thread was a parody of Nadulltards except it's flyboy so instead it's just self-parody :o

r2473
09-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Hope Rafa was able to rest his knees yesterday. He was laboring against Youzhny and nearly lost. Wasn't sure if he was going to be able to finish that one without retiring.

Persimmon
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Hope Rafa was able to rest his knees yesterday. He was laboring against Youzhny and nearly lost. Wasn't sure if he was going to be able to finish that one without retiring.

I think Rafa has blisters.

Sophocles
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

It's all right, the trainer will see to them every time he loses a set.

r2473
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM

He's clearly just been laboring the entire US Open. Just having a brutal time. Can't remember Rafa in worse condition.

But like a true warrior he is, he fights back the pain to eek out these victories.

The drama in his matches has been intense. I'm keeping a close eye on his knees.....and his "wittle baby toe".

finishingmove
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Athlete's foot

Florida
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with his knees!!!!!! He is fit, energized and health for a long battle with Nole and will give Nole hell for the title..... I cannot believe how some posters love to instigate and invent a lot of things, just to create a "soap opera". The guy is going for his career GS and his wish will come true tonight.

Quadruple Tree
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
It's amazing that Nadal is able to recover from his knee problems so quickly when James Blake has the same problems yet had to take 10 months off, and he still says he feels pain and can only play at about 80%. Meanwhile Nadal is out there hitting the ball harder than he ever has and still running around like the Energizer bunny chasing down shots that would be clear winners against anyone else. What a true warrior this guy is.

r2473
09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
It's amazing that Nadal is able to recover from his knee problems so quickly

Did you read the insightful analysis by Flyboy in the OP?

Clearly Rafa has not recovered from his knee problems.

We need to pray for him. You say 10 Hail Mary's. I'll take care of the Our Fathers'. I've got the priests saying mass for him round the clock.

Quadruple Tree
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Did you read the insightful analysis by Flyboy in the OP?

Clearly Rafa has not recovered from his knee problems.

We need to pray for him. You say 10 Hail Mary's. I'll take care of the Our Fathers'. I've got the priests saying mass for him round the clock.

Sorry, I meant fight through the pain of his knee injury. Rafa forgive me.

r2473
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Sorry, I meant fight through the pain of his knee injury. Rafa forgive me.

That's more like it.

VAMOS!! Hard court warrior!!!

finishingmove
09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
pray for death

TheBoiledEgg
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
It's all right, the trainer will see to them every time he loses a set.

who's gonna take the splinters out of his ass
hence the butt-picking