When will Rafa hit his peak? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When will Rafa hit his peak?

NadalSharapova
09-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I think 2011 is thew year when he finally hits his peak. Aged 24/25.

stronger serve, stronger forehand, backhand. His all round game will be fully nurtured

lazybear
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
If he can serve like that consistently. That will be his peak, but it's much easier said than done. If that wouldn't be the case, he would have already serve like that for years now. It's definitely not natural for him, and against Simon, he served, what, around 57 percent? I'm not sure if that's more efficient than his usual 70-75 percent average first serves. After all, he's a monster from the baseline.

His movement, and baseline game, can't really imrpove further, he's already the most efficient baseline player ever. Passing shots, same, best ever, can't really imrove, and he shouldn't even work on that. The serve the big thing. If he can consistently hit that strong, around 65 percent, then it's probably game over for everyone. Wouldn't wanna see that, lol.

ossie
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
2011 sounds about right, his serve was the key

Sophocles
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Start da Game
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM

stronger serve, stronger forehand, backhand. His all round game will be fully nurtured

you maybe right.......he was deadly in 2008 and 2011 might finally be the year when he decides to display that level again and continue forward in that mode.......but i would like to suggest two things here,

1) he has to plan the schedules very carefully and eliminate doubles completely.......

2) his serve will never be his strength, never.......he is just having a good patch with it and i won't be surprised if it falls in the semis.......that doesn't mean he will let someone take this title, that's just not going to happen simply because no one wants this title more than nadal and that is an understatement.......

LaFuria
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
This topic is very necessary.

Sophocles
09-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Watch the flies swarm to the shit.

Start da Game
09-07-2010, 07:37 PM
watch the d-bags delivering shit.......

theseth1119
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
As badly as Rafa wants the title, I actually believe that Rogie wants it the most. Rogie wants to regain the title and also have the most USO title in the Open Era. He's tied at 5 with Connors and Sampras and one more would seal the deal and officially make him The King of the US Open.

DrJules
09-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Maybe.

Possibly in a few years both Federer and Nadal will have eclipsed Sampras if Nadal does continue to improve.

At 2 grand slams at year Nadal could overtake Sampras in 2013 and may even overtake Federer at some point in the future. Great thing about tennis is time will give the answers.

The Magician
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Funny how these Nadulltards appear and then disappear for months when he loses. If it leads to threads like these I hope Nadull never wins another match :o

Sophocles
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
As badly as Rafa wants the title, I actually believe that Rogie wants it the most. Rogie wants to regain the title and also have the most USO title in the Open Era. He's tied at 5 with Connors and Sampras and one more would seal the deal and officially make him The King of the US Open.

Actually, for perhaps the first time I think it would mean more to Nadal than to Fed. This would help Fed if they played in the final.

fabolous
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
this post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

MrChopin
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
He continues to get better and is immortal, so never.

Pirata.
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
He peaked in 2008.

careergrandslam
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Watch the flies swarm to the shit.

watch the d-bags delivering shit.......

:haha:

born_on_clay
09-08-2010, 06:25 AM
hope he will peak this Sunday :D

n8
09-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Funny how these Nadulltards appear and then disappear for months when he loses. If it leads to threads like these I hope Nadull never wins another match :o

I think you were hoping that anyway ;).

I think the thread is an interesting one. Obviously his movement and stamina are going to decrease sometime, but his serve and volleys may keep improving for a while yet. People say that Nadal peaked 2008, but I think you've also got to include the beginning of 2009 in that where he won 5 of 7 events including 3 Masters Series (with Indian Wells) and a Grand Slam (on hard court).

Forehander
09-08-2010, 07:06 AM
He is reaching peak, balancing very well between aggression and defense now that his backhand is also utilized to whack winners whenever the ball is short. His serve has improved but it's still very early to tell. But his forehand, the biggest weapon, is no where near peak. I believe that's the part of his game that will never cease to improve.

tennis2tennis
09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I think he's yet to peak ....he now understands the importance of scheduling and reserving energy this means when he does play he can use more of his arsenal...if you know what i mean

Audacity
09-08-2010, 10:11 AM
He already has buddy.