i missed Federer on Johnny Mac's show tonite... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

i missed Federer on Johnny Mac's show tonite...

tennischick
09-14-2004, 04:16 AM
did anyone catch it? by the time i logged on to MSNBC/CNBC/The Geriatric Channel, Johnny Mac was already interviewing some guy who had cuffed down the camera guy. seriously stupid moment. hopefully the Federer segment was better. anyone catch it?

LCeh
09-14-2004, 04:22 AM
Yeah. Someone in Roger's forum posted an excerpt as well:

McEnroe: So, how does it feel as a Champion
RF: It feels good one day later.
McEnroe: Celebrate? How did you celebrate later? With your girlfriend.
RF: (NAUGHTY): Want to know everything we did? Can I tell everything?
McEnroe (laughing): Yeah go ahead
RF: Well, no, I was too tired. Just went to bed.

Then talk about Juliette, Baby of Juliette, etc. Then Olympics.

McEnroe: What happend at the Olympics?
RF: Well, lost to a guy playing very strong, played much better than me. Surprised me. Was very very disappoineted. Was one of my big goals for the year.
McEnroe: Oh, how sad. What a terrible year it has been, HUH? (All laugh)

On Mirka:
McEnroe: What's that ring? You engaged?
RF: (laughing) Well, its not an engagment ring. Its not a "will you marry me ring". Its just an "I Love you ring" (HOW ADORABLE)

Dirk
09-14-2004, 04:30 AM
It could have been better but nice to see Rogi talk. I expect much more depth with Rose. :)

Clara Bow
09-14-2004, 04:38 AM
John asked Federer if he was surprised that Roddick got out in the quarterfinals and Roger said yes and then was quite complimentary to Andy later.

Mac also asked Roger if he thought that power was harming the game of tennis Federer replied no not at all, and that tennis is often misrepresented as being all about power nowadays and there was a lot of variety in the sport. He mentioned that around 6 in the top ten were baseliners and that only around 10 in the top 100 were more power. He said that the power players were very good for the game because they added variety and that differences in the sport made it interesting or something along those lines. All in all, an extremely classy and well thought out answer that was complimentary to the other players in the sport.

Looks wise- Roger looked very good, really about the cutest I've seen him look. He looks very nice in jeans. Sometimes I think he can look odd from some angles, very good from others. On this show he looked great from all angles. He seemed a little shy but happy to be there.

McEnroe: So, how does it feel as a Champion
RF: It feels good one day later.
McEnroe: Celebrate? How did you celebrate later? With your girlfriend.
RF: (NAUGHTY): Want to know everything we did? Can I tell everything?
McEnroe (laughing): Yeah go ahead
RF: Well, no, I was too tired. Just went to bed.

I kind of got the impression at the end of that exchange that Feds and Mirka still had a night of knocking boots. Tee hee!

Tennis Fool
09-14-2004, 05:05 AM
Has Mac improved as a host?

Clara Bow
09-14-2004, 05:17 AM
Has Mac improved as a host?

No- he is more awkward than a parent explaining the birds and the bees to their 11 year old.

tennischick
09-14-2004, 01:26 PM
he seriously sucks. he's trying too hard. there is kind of desperation to his antics in the section that i could bear to watch. ugh.