_Chaz
08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Draw is on.

Hellraiser
08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/qs/index.html?promo=topnav

misty1
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
oh you have to be kidding me marsel draws tomic? are you kidding me?

this is not fair for marsel:sad:

and why in the hell do ricardas and jesse levine always end up playing eachother?

chowdahead25
08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Yani-Delic:sad:

njnetswill
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Giorgini vs Clar-Rossello is obviously the highlight of the draw.

andrijagajic
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Bozoljac vs. Patience in QR1, Tavares or Alcaide in QR2 and Koubek, Lapentti, Veic or De Voest in QR3... Pretty good draw...
Krajinovic against Pospisil in QR1, Paire or Stadler in QR2 and Delgado, Peya, Sijsling or Brezac in QR3... He had luck too, woohoo, go Serbian boys!

156mphserve
08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty pleased with the canadians draws. They never really got anyone I expected to be a big threat to qualify except for Dancevic drawing Nishikori in round 3. Not saying they're going to qualify but as good as I could have hoped for with the draw

Polansky plays Gonzalez, Skugor/Salamanca, and Beck/Matosevic/Millman/Kirillov
Raonic plays Zverev, Desein/Bogomolov Jr., and Guez/Bubka/Levy/Cook
Dancevic plas Minar, Bohli/Donskoy, Mertens/Kudryavtsev/Capdeville/Nishikori

nole_no1
08-23-2010, 10:38 PM

:lol:

All the good luck to Ungur, Mahut, Berankis, Guccione, Paire and Nishikori :yeah:
Mahut really should get in because he has an easy draw in my oppinion: Ebden R1 Cox/Ignatik R2 and Zemlja/Silva/Sidorenko/El Amrani in the 3rd

Filo V.
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Marsel v. Bernard. WOW.

Simone has an AMAZING draw. Amazing. Needs to qualify.

Mahut has a difficult but winnable draw. Zemlja, whose his likely R3 opponent, would be very tough. Ebden is capable of beating him also in R1. He can make it but I doubt it.

IF Mischa can get past Raonic, he can win his section comfortably. He has tough players in Guez, Bogomolov and Cook, they are the types of players that can frustrate Mischa. But it's a winnable section.

Berankis has a GREAT draw to qualify. Levine/Kim/Klein would all be pretty tough matches, especially Jesse in the US, but Ricardas is by far the best player with the best form in that draw.

Harrison has a winnable draw. His R1 match should be easy, and his R2 and R3 matches are clay players, or players in poor form. I expect Ryan H. to qualify.

Fede actually has a somewhat winnable draw. Buchanan R1, and then Ito/Collarini is tough but definitely not too difficult. If Kendrick doesn't make it to QR3, Del Bonis could make the main draw.

Mannarino does not have a great draw. A lot of tough players, starting in R1 with Kindlmann. That section will be a tough one. I hope Jan wins it but he probably wont.

Gicquel has a winnable draw, but is he able to win 3 matches in a row? I think Yani has a decent chance at winning that section, as do Alves and Baker.

Stefan has an OK draw, Lapentti is the type of player he should give fits. But De Voest could be an issue, and then Bozo potentially in QR3 would be tough. I don't expect Bozo to make the 3rd round of qualifying, however.

Kei is in a tough section. My surprise pick Kudryavtsev is there, along with Capdeville in R1, and Dancevic, Bohli and Donskoy. He's the favorite for sure but it won't be easy.

All in all, I like the draw a lot, let's get it on!

Filo V.
08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I wish Beck qualifies, but he's the underdog with Matosevic. If he wins that, he'll have issues with Skugor, Polansky and Salamanca. Not a great draw for Karol.

Farah, on the other hand, has a good draw. Begemann is essentially a worse version of him, and then Ouanna/Jenkins is a very winnable R2. ERV likely in QR3 would be a nice match.

Good luck to my favorites!

Filo V.
08-23-2010, 10:57 PM

Sexy match for sure. Those with the honor of being able to watch those two playing on a hard court far surpasses whatever result that match may bring.

ibreak4coffee
08-23-2010, 10:59 PM

Totally. I'm heading over there right after I watch Mektic vs Van Overbeek which should definitely go on Ashe.

On my previous predictions, I said Niland had an outside shot IMO to get into the MD. Well looking at his draw, I may have just been right. Lets see.

jrozen
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Good luck to the three Colombians in the draw. Hope they all qualify!!!

misty1
08-24-2010, 12:05 AM
I wish Beck qualifies, but he's the underdog with Matosevic. If he wins that, he'll have issues with Skugor, Polansky and Salamanca. Not a great draw for Karol.

Farah, on the other hand, has a good draw. Begemann is essentially a worse version of him, and then Ouanna/Jenkins is a very winnable R2. ERV likely in QR3 would be a nice match.

Good luck to my favorites!

just curious on who you think will take the tomic/ilhan match if marsel has somehow found his form again and who you think would win that section.

id think the winner of that match would take the section

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
just curious on who you think will take the tomic/ilhan match if marsel has somehow found his form again and who you think would win that section.

id think the winner of that match would take the section

I think Bernard will win the match, and win it comfortably. Bernard is good in majors as Marsel is, and the difference between them is Tomic is a better player than Marsel. I'm not overly sure the winner of that match will qualify, they would be the favorite. I don't think Dodig will qualify, and my gut is telling me that Bogdanovic has a reasonable chance against either Marsel or Bernard if they qualify. Why, I don't know, because he's a clown, but I feel it for some reason. But my expectation is Bernard will take the section. It's really a horrible draw for Marsel.

misty1
08-24-2010, 12:25 AM
yeah i know

poor guy has 70 points to defend from last year..was so close to the top 100 and now here he gets one of the hardest draws

sheva07
08-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Good luck Sijsling and Middelkoop.

out_here_grindin
08-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Flyboy what do you think of Soeda?

I am interested to see how the Cavs do.Jenkins and Domijian

Amok9898
08-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Flyboy what do you think of Soeda?
I know you asked for Flyboy's opinion, but I have been following Soeda for a while, so....
After he got a new coach, his plays got a notch above. He won some games and qualified at Wimbledon. He may not surprise by beating a player much above his ranking, but will play consistently against those near his ranking. I definitely hope he will qualify.;)

out_here_grindin
08-24-2010, 01:34 AM
I see. I am wondering because he is the highest ranked Japanese player yet you really hear nothing about him

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:05 AM
yeah i know

poor guy has 70 points to defend from last year..was so close to the top 100 and now here he gets one of the hardest draws

I like Marsel and I'm sorry for the situation he's in but I'm not overly sorry because he put himself in this position with his poor play of late. He had every opportunity to get into the top 100 and didn't take them, and has had several chances really, which leads me to believe the top 100 may be a height too far for him to reach. But with his heart, spirit and determination, he can surprise again starting tomorrow by beating Tomic.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:34 AM
As far as my opinion on Soeda, he has a decent game. I don't think he's great at anything but he's got two solid shots with his backhand and forehand, he takes the ball early, can be aggressive. I've seen him be able to volley a bit but that doesn't seem to be his game. He's a solid baseliner with some weaponry. A good challenger player. I don't expect him to qualify over Witten or Ram at this event, however.

madmax
08-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Everyone seems to be writing Marsel off, but I believe that he can win his match against Tomic and then comfortably qualify. Tomic bandwagon is getting quite a bit annoying for the past year or so...

frici
08-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Good luck Mannarino:)

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
QUALIFYING DRAW

Marsel Ilhan TUR [1] vs. Bernard Tomic AUS
Steve Johnson USA [WC] vs. Noam Okun ISR
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. Blake Strode USA [WC]
Juan-Pablo Brzezicki ARG vs. Ivan Dodig CRO [23]

Go Soeda JPN [2] vs. Yuichi Sugita JPN
Facundo Bagnis ARG vs. Jesse Witten USA
Attila Balazs HUN vs. Matteo Viola ITA
Lukas Rosol CZE vs. Rajeev Ram USA [28]

Karol Beck SVK [3] vs. Marinko Matosevic AUS
John Millman AUS vs. Evgeny Kirillov RUS
Santiago Gonzalez MEX vs. Peter Polansky CAN
Franco Skugor CRO vs. Carlos Salamanca COL [18]

Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA [4] vs. Greg Jones AUS
Daniel King-Turner NZL vs. Dusan Lojda CZE
André Begemann GER vs. Robert Farah COL
Jarmere Jenkins USA [WC] vs. Josselin Ouanna FRA [17]

Simone Bolelli ITA [5] vs. Andreas Haider-Maurer AUT
Jerzy Janowicz POL vs. Frederik Nielsen DEN
Alex Kuznetsov USA vs. Flavio Cipolla ITA
Benjamin Balleret MON vs. Daniel Muńoz-De la Nava ESP [21]

Grega Zemlja SLO [6] vs. Julio Silva BRA
Alexandre Sidorenko FRA vs. Reda El Amrani MAR
Matthew Ebden AUS vs. Nicolas Mahut FRA
Jordan Cox USA [WC] vs. Uladzimir Ignatik BLR [29]

Adrian Ungur ROU [7] vs. Simone Vagnozzi ITA
Ivan Sergeyev UKR vs. Vincent Millot FRA
Pedro Clar-Rossello ITA vs. Daniele Giorgini ITA
Martin Klizan SVK vs. Izak van der Merwe RSA [30]

David Guez FRA [8] vs. Sergei Bubka UKR
Harel Levy ISR vs. Lester Cook USA
Niels Desein BEL vs. Alex Bogomolov Jr. USA
Milos Raonic CAN vs. Mischa Zverev GER [31]

Ricardas Berankis LTU [9] vs. Juan Sebastian Cabal COL
Bastian Knittel GER vs. Alexander Domijan USA [WC]
Jesse Levine USA vs. Caio Zampieri BRA
Brydan Klein AUS vs. Kevin Kim USA [25]

Rui Machado POR [10] vs. Nick Lindahl AUS
Ryan Harrison USA vs. Jonathan Dasničres de Véigy FRA
Ricardo Hocevar BRA vs. Greg Ouellette USA [WC]
David Marrero ESP vs. Conor Niland IRL [27]

Federico Del Bonis ARG [11] vs. Chase Buchanan USA [WC]
Tatsuma Ito JPN vs. Andrea Collarini USA [WC]
Nikola Mektic CRO vs. Johannes Robert Van Overbeek USA [WC]
Matwé Middelkoop NED vs. Robert Kendrick USA [22]

Stéphane Bohli SUI [12] vs. Evgeny Donskoy RUS
Frank Dancevic CAN vs. Ivo Minar CZE
Yannick Mertens BEL vs. Alexandre Kudryavtsev RUS
Paul Capdeville CHI vs. Kei Nishikori JPN [24]

Martin Fischer AUT [13] vs. Michael Lammer SUI
Jan Hernych CZE vs. Riccardo Ghedin ITA
Chris Guccione AUS vs. Bobby Reynolds USA
Dieter Kindlmann GER vs. Adrian Mannarino FRA [26]

Ilija Bozoljac SRB [14] vs. Olivier Patience FRA
Leonardo Tavares POR vs. Guillermo Alcaide ESP
Rik De Voest RSA vs. Antonio Veic CRO
Giovanni Lapentti ECU vs. Stefan Koubek AUT [19]

Ramón Delgado PAR [15] vs. Alexander Peya AUT
Igor Sijsling NED vs. Charles-Antoine Brezac FRA
Jaroslav Pospisil CZE vs. Filip Krajinovic SRB
Simon Stadler GER vs. Benoît Paire FRA [32]

Joăo Souza BRA [16] vs. Jamie Baker GBR
Marc Gicquel FRA vs. Adrian Menendez-Maceiras ESP
Amer Delic USA vs. Michael Yani USA
Ruben Bemelmans BEL vs. Thiago Alves BRA [20]

Iván
08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Skugor seems to be improving all the time this year? never seen him on hard only clay, salamanca a step to far?

I hope fischer bts lammer, i want to see fischer do well.

Machado vs lindl is a interesting one, machado proved at the australian open he can play decent on hard.

Hernych vs ghedin. hernych on his day can lose to anyone

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Skugor seems to be improving all the time this year? never seen him on hard only clay, salamanca a step to far?

Machado vs lindl is a interesting one, machado proved at the australian open he can play decent on hard.

Hard is Ghedin's best surface too.

flynn25
08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Good Luck Conor Niland ;)

Iván
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
gooch has been poor since his injury comeback, not sure he will win today.

any french opinion on this ouellette guy?

dancevic should bt minar surely

lojda on hardcourts, king turner can play well sometimes but that straIGt sets loss to munoz was bad a few a weeks ago.

john the mailman should deliver.

misty1
08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Everyone seems to be writing Marsel off, but I believe that he can win his match against Tomic and then comfortably qualify. Tomic bandwagon is getting quite a bit annoying for the past year or so...

yeah your right, marsel could win. The one thing that we arent taking into considerations here is that while marsel has not played well lately he still has the match practice where as tomic hasnt played anything but the rose bowl in months ..which may not exactly be the best preparation for this event.

maybe the fact that he has the points to defend will kcik him into gear. It coiuld also be that marsel, like witten is going to be one of those players that can play badly or okay for most of the year and then peak for grand slams

Iván
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM
you reckon your boy dancevic wins today misty?

ivo minar , terrible mentality.

Amok9898
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
As far as my opinion on Soeda,... I don't expect him to qualify over Witten or Ram at this event, however.
We'll see. You made at least one supporter in Japan (not me) mad.:(:D;)

misty1
08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
you reckon your boy dancevic wins today misty?

ivo minar , terrible mentality.

I think he should, poor guy hasnt got a hope in hell of qualifying but he should atleast win this round

dweijnen
08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
C'mon Guccione, first round against Reynolds and then probably 3th round Reister. that's not a great draw.

Iván
08-24-2010, 12:44 PM
dancevic was dangerous on hardcourts a few years ago

misty1
08-24-2010, 01:00 PM
yeah but that was a few years ago when he was healthy, now hes just coming back from injury and playing nowhere near where he can

he can get past minar for sure but IF he makes round 3 his likely opponent is nishikori and i just dont see him beating him

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Hard is Ghedin's best surface too.
True, and really, at this point, the Italian is the favorite to win this match.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
We'll see. You made at least one supporter in Japan (not me) mad.:(:D;)
Sorry :wavey:

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Dancevic should beat Minar 6-2 6-3 or so, if he's up for it. It's a good match-up for Frank, he should be able to do whatever he wants and feel comfortable. If he makes the last round, anything can happen.

As far as Marsel, I am 100% sure he'll lose to Tomic. The one advantage I would say would be the big stage experience and fighting qualities, but Bernard has those 2 things going for him also. Tomic is a better player than Marsel is. Bigger serve, can play the counter-punching pit pat game with Marsel and then step in the court and attack. Marsel is going to have to grind and hope for mistakes.

Iván
08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
does ouellette have french parents?

cant be american

hocevar isnt that good...

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM

I've seen Skugor playing on hard, his strategy is the same on all surfaces. Big serves, big shots, some net play. He goes big on most of his shots, but his recent improvement has come because he's a little more selective now. He can beat Salamanca but that isn't an easy match-up, I'd say it's 50-50, with a slight edge to Skugor based on form.

Rui can play decently on hard, but he hasn't been playing decent tennis in quite a while and he has no matches on the surface. Lindahl is a up and down player himself. That match I think will be a tight one, that will go deep in the third.

Fischer should beat Lammer easily.

I hope Jan wins but Ghedin I think is the favorite in that match. Jan has no form.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 01:31 PM

cant be american

hocevar isnt that good...

Family I guess are descendants from France maybe. Is that a French last name for sure? Anyway, Hocevar isn't in good condition, but neither is Greg, so that match is questionable. Greg probably with a slight edge due to the American factor and the fact he won a few matches to be able to play this event, but Ricardo has qualified in majors before.

Iván
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
seen yannick mertens indoors , quite good.

struggled to bt chris eaton a few weeks ago on outdoor courts.

never seen this russian play

this dane nielsen against the pole should be a good one.

munoz shouldnt be a problem for benjamin balleret.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Fischer should beat Lammer easily.

I don't agree with this. Michi is a tough match-up in Grand Slam qualies. I think Martin will win, but it could go either way.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
seen yannick mertens indoors , quite good.

struggled to bt chris eaton a few weeks ago on outdoor courts.

never seen this russian play

this dane nielsen against the pole should be a good one.

munoz shouldnt be a problem for benjamin balleret.

Balleret is hardly a hard court superstar. I think Daniel has a good shot at winning.

njnetswill
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM

cant be american

Anything can be American ;) Sampras, Agassi, Chang, McEnroe...

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't agree with this. Michi is a tough match-up in Grand Slam qualies. I think Martin will win, but it could go either way.

I was thinking that, that Lammer in grand slams is tough and in general he can be a tough out for most players, but his form isn't good and he's been playing mostly on clay. Fischer has been better and should be confident and this is a good surface for Martin.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 03:08 PM
That Balleret-Munoz match is another one that I think will go 3 sets for sure and could go deep in the third.

dweijnen
08-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Livescores??

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I think Rui will beat Lindahl in 3 sets, so there is my tough prediction for that match.

Matches have started!

KeiNishikoriCro
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
i have livescores mate
here is the link

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/index.html?promo=topnav

KeiNishikoriCro
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
niland doing good job already...great to see that..hope harrison goes same way!

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Look at Niland, two breaks ahead. But Marrero is as easy as it gets for a draw.

dweijnen
08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Rain?

KeiNishikoriCro
08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
most probably! :(

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
:umbrella:

Yes, Dasničres and Marrero are very easy opponents. For Dasničres it's a unique opportunity to play here, but it might well have been smarter to have stayed in Europe. Not too sure if Marrero has a realistic chance to get into the doubles draw.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I was thinking that, that Lammer in grand slams is tough and in general he can be a tough out for most players, but his form isn't good and he's been playing mostly on clay. Fischer has been better and should be confident and this is a good surface for Martin.

Michi always plays the European clay Challengers, though it would be wiser for him to go to the weaker Asian hard court events or to the States. He's up a break now against Fischer, but neither guy is a big server, so that might not mean that much.

TommyCZE
08-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi fans! Glad to make my first post to this great forum. Good luck to all Czech players in Q, I doubt it, but still hope that one can qualify. Hernych not likely, Pospisil neither. Minar can definetly beat Dancevic, Rosol could surprise v. Ram, Lojda should take some games v. King-Turner, for sure he is not gonna suffer double bagel like v. Schüttler in Q 2 or 3 yrs ago. I fancy Ricardas to qualify (as you do), but Kim/Levine final can be tough.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome TommyCZE :bigwave:

Pospisil qualifying would be a joke :rolls: I think he'd be the underdog against pretty much every player in the draw.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi fans! Glad to make my first post to this great forum. Good luck to all Czech players in Q, I doubt it, but still hope that one can qualify. Hernych not likely, Pospisil neither. Minar can definetly beat Dancevic, Rosol could surprise v. Ram, Lojda should take some games v. King-Turner, for sure he is not gonna suffer double bagel like v. Schüttler in Q 2 or 3 yrs ago. I fancy Ricardas to qualify (as you do), but Kim/Levine final can be tough.

Hello! Welcome to the forum :wavey: Sadly, I don't think any Czech will make it through the draw, they are all unlikely, but you never know. Luckily you guys have Berdych and several girls that you can root for :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
:umbrella:

Yes, Dasničres and Marrero are very easy opponents. For Dasničres it's a unique opportunity to play here, but it might well have been smarter to have stayed in Europe. Not too sure if Marrero has a realistic chance to get into the doubles draw.

I was thinking that just last night, Marrero I'm assuming is here for the doubles, and trying to qualify here is sort of just an opportunity he had to take. It would be nice to see him get in the draw. As for Jonathan, I'm surprised he came here from Europe. He's out of his depth here, and he should know he has little chance on hard court against pretty much 95% of the draw. But at least he got his ranking up enough for the opportunity to say he played in the US Open grand slam, even if it is just qualifying.

Dasnieres is a guy who I am always really surprised, though, in how he got his ranking as far up as he did. He just seems so mediocre to me.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Michi always plays the European clay Challengers, though it would be wiser for him to go to the weaker Asian hard court events or to the States. He's up a break now against Fischer, but neither guy is a big server, so that might not mean that much.
Probably a financial decision. The weaker challengers in Asia, or the Brazilian challengers I think would have been much wiser for him. He's a good player when he's on, which isn't enough. The match definitely could be a break fest, but also should have nice shotmaking.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 04:40 PM
I just have to say again:

AMAZING DRAW for Simone. Amazing. The players are potentially difficult but compared to what he could have gotten, I'm so happy. He better qualify or I'll be distressed.

dweijnen
08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Still raining?

exeget
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY0996?dayNum=0

fognini for ever
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
for the people who live in NYC,

how much does it rain ??

ibreak4coffee
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Courts are being dried as we speaak. Court 11 ready to go

fognini for ever
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM

what does it mean Speaak?? :D

fognini for ever
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM

so the matches will re-start soon ??

misty1
08-24-2010, 05:34 PM
how long would you guess that it will take play to start again?

Iván
08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
raining again?

fognini for ever
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
fucking rain...

tennis fan474
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
From Twitter: The courts have dried and we're playing tennis again! US Open Qualifying tournament is back in action!

exeget
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
http://twitter.com/USOpen

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Niland def. Marrero 6-0 6-4

Harrison def. Dasnieres de Veigy 6-1 6-4 (Yea!)

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Machado def. Lindahl 6-2 6-4

Lammer is 6-2 4-1 ahead of Fischer. I really though Martin would come here and do well and win comfortably, but in the back of my mind I knew Lammer had a chance. But not this thrashing.

KeiNishikoriCro
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
flyboy tnx for update! :)

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
flyboy tnx for update! :)
Your welcome :D

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Reynolds def. Guccione 7-6(4) 6-3

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Lammer def. Fischer 6-3 6-3

I know I said Fischer easily, but that was a mistake. Because this result is so unsurprising to me and even expected. That hurts my draw, though.

madmax
08-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Lammer routes Fischer 3 and 3...a bit of a shocker knowing how well austrian did in the prevous two slams - he layed quite an egg here though

KeiNishikoriCro
08-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I just know must wait Skugor for betting win!What do you think guys is he capable of beating Salamanca?

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Mannarino def. Kindlmann 6-4 6-4

Good to get that potential threat out of the way. He won 48% of return points.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
I just know must wait Skugor for betting win!What do you think guys is he capable of beating Salamanca?

He's capable of winning, but it's not a cakewalk, could be difficult.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Reynolds def. Guccione 7-6 6-3

:o There goes my prediction :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Lammer def. Fischer 6-3 6-3

I know I said Fischer easily, but that was a mistake. Because this result is so unsurprising to me and even expected. That hurts my draw, though.

Michi turned up again :clap2: Plus this is easily Martin's worst surface at the moment.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Hernych def. Ghedin 6-4 3-6 6-4 (yea!)

Dancevic def. Minar 6-2 6-3 (great)

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Dancevic 6-2 6-3 over I. Minar.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Michi turned up again :clap2: Plus this is easily Martin's worst surface at the moment.

His worst? His best surfaces have generally been grass and indoors before, but I would think he can play good ball on hard courts also.

misty1
08-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Dancevic 6-2 6-3 over I. Minar.

nice to see him get the expected win but the next round will be much tougher

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Both Bohli and Kudryavtsev struggling at first with weaker opponents, but seem to have taken command now.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM
His worst? His best surfaces have generally been grass and indoors before, but I would think he can play good ball on hard courts also.

I think it's the surface on which he is most easily overpowered :shrug:

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Kendrick def. Middelkoop 6-4 6-0

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
:lol: I was surprised Matwé won so many games in the first set, but four games overall was about expected.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
I think it's the surface on which he is most easily overpowered :shrug:That's a good point. Actually I would think clay would be that surface because he doesn't have the weight of shot to get through the court and his balls sit up and his movement isn't too good on the surface (or at least wasn't), but you are right. I would think his flat shots and the fact he has some tricks up his sleeve in terms of variety would help him on hard court.

Ad Wim
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Why haven't they started on several courts yet?

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Van Overbeek broken in the first game already by Mektic, who is one of the easier draws.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Hocevar def. Ouellette 7-6(4) 3-6 6-1

misty1
08-24-2010, 08:48 PM
kudrayavtsev having all kinds of trouble with mertens

4-4 in the 2nd

the 2nd set opened with 4 breaks of serve in a row

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Bohli over Donskoy 6-3 6-3

misty1
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
stephane bohli 6-3, 6-3 over evgeny donskoy

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Not impressed by Alex's performance, Mertens is not a great player. At least he's ahead.

exeget
08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
i am curios on young Buchanan against del Bonis

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Jones yet to hold serve against Doud, 1-4*

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Bohli is fascinating to me, his ranking has been right in that 130-180 range for 3 years. I've seen him play like a top 100 player and like a top 400 player so he's interesting, his challenger record is actually good on hard courts.

CooCooCachoo
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Not impressed by Alex's performance, Mertens is not a great player. At least he's ahead.

No longer. Losing a set to out-of-form Mertens is pretty dreadful :o

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:03 PM
No longer. Losing a set to out-of-form Mertens is pretty dreadful :o

That definitely is really really bad for Alex. Mertens on a good day is still a very winnable match. I can just imagine him making ridiculous errors, and smashing his racquet and throwing a fit. I hope he doesn't tank the third set.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Mertens has one of the worst second serves I've seen with any professional.

misty1
08-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Mertens has one of the worst second serves I've seen with any professional.

well he's broken to open the 3rd set but he did that in the second set to and was broken right back so....

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
well he's broken to open the 3rd set but he did that in the second set to and was broken right back so....

We'll see, I don't trust him whatsoever. He's too volatile and too unstable with his game and mentality. I don't think he's a choker, though.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
ERV v. G. Jones 6-2

misty1
08-24-2010, 09:25 PM
kudryavtsev beating mertens in the 3rd set perhaps more like we epxected him too.

up 5-2 and will serve for the match

misty1
08-24-2010, 09:31 PM
and there you go

kudryavtsev 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 over mertens

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Good job Alex. Sadly, I have to root for Kei over Alex in the second round. I wish I could see that match, lots of great shot making potential.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Del Bo needs to step off the hard courts. It's simply not working out for him.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Mektic def. Van Overbeek 6-4 6-0

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:01 PM
ERV v Jones 6-2 4-6

Doomach777
08-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Bravo Mektic ;)
I was chatting with him before match ;)

madmax
08-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Del Bo needs to step off the hard courts. It's simply not working out for him.

it's quite amazing how useless he is on fast stuff:haha: Although he is one of the best young players at the moment, his ceiling doesn't seem to be very high

Doomach777
08-24-2010, 10:05 PM
How many points do you get if you reach 2nd qualifing round ?

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
How many points do you get if you reach 2nd qualifing round ?

Not many, like 8. It's making it to the final round which gets you 35 points.

roberthenman
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Come on Fede recovery two break in the second set :rocker:

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:10 PM
it's quite amazing how useless he is on fast stuff:haha: Although he is one of the best young players at the moment, his ceiling doesn't seem to be very high
His results on faster surfaces definitely have been down right bad, but he's still only 19, he's learning and the only way he will get better is if he plays on it. I never thought his ceiling was as high as Kuznetsov or Berankis, but he can have a Bellucci type career.

Today he's come back from *3-0 down to lead 4-3, hope he continues this comeback!

Doomach777
08-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Not many, like 8. It's making it to the final round which gets you 35 points.
Thanks!
:wavey:

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks!
:wavey:
No problem :)

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Kei was serving for the match at 5-4 and lost 3 straight games. Now he gets the break immediately to start the third.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Lojda def. King-Turner 6-2 6-2

Ito def. Collarini 6-4 6-2

Polansky def. Gonzalez 6-1 6-3

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Jones def. ERV 4-6 6-2 6-0

SHOCKING last two sets.

Filo V.
08-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Skugor def. Salamanca 6-4 6-4

misty1
08-24-2010, 11:08 PM
del bonis is one game away from being eliminated

i still dont see anything special about him

156mphserve
08-24-2010, 11:46 PM
any chance the rain will stop anytime soon?

Smoke944
08-24-2010, 11:54 PM
His results on faster surfaces definitely have been down right bad, but he's still only 19, he's learning and the only way he will get better is if he plays on it. I never thought his ceiling was as high as Kuznetsov or Berankis, but he can have a Bellucci type career.

Today he's come back from *3-0 down to lead 4-3, hope he continues this comeback!

Bellucci is only 22 and he's been ~20 in the world. Plenty of room for improvement and I don't know how you think Berankis (in particular) can best that. He's damn talented but at 5'8 it's not easy.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Bellucci is only 22 and he's been ~20 in the world. Plenty of room for improvement and I don't know how you think Berankis (in particular) can best that. He's damn talented but at 5'8 it's not easy.

He has plenty of room for improvement for sure, but as far as his career heights, I don't see top 5 potential there. I see an 8-18 player, there or there about. I think Berankis is a better ball striker in terms of what he can bring on all surfaces. I think Berankis is a more natural athlete, he has more variety, and I think he will always have the better serve. You can be short and make it in to the top of the game, like Grosjean, Berankis has a big serve and high-level athletic ability. He doesn't have the one shot that Grosjean had with the forehand, but his combination of backhand+forehand is very good. But obviously, Bellucci is still improving himself and his accomplishments at his age are surely nothing to sneeze at. But I don't think Bellucci has top 5 potential either.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Matches in progress before rain suspension:
Kei serving for the match at 5-2 in the third.

Buchanan ahead 5-*2 over Del Bonis.

Bolelli *3-1 up over Haider-Maurer.

Ouanna 1-*0 up over Jenkins.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Millman def. Kirillov 7-5 6-1

misty1
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
will they finish tonight or is this it?

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm sure they'll try to finish as much as possible tonight. They have the lights available. Also, the weather isn't going to be good tomorrow so they don't have that to bank on.

misty1
08-25-2010, 12:17 AM

is it still raining now?

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 12:19 AM

is it still raining now?

Its drizzling but I think they are done for today - at least for any more new matches coming on. Tomorrow looks to be really bad so the guys who won today are going to have a huge advantage moving forward.

Its almost impossible to get info though here what is going on. I guess that's the price you pay for free admission :)

misty1
08-25-2010, 12:22 AM
thanks for the info:)

yeah i checked myself and every match not yet started has been canceled

they are really in trouble arent they? they might have to start moving things indoors

out_here_grindin
08-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Buchanan on cusp of massive upset

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 12:55 AM
thanks for the info:)

yeah i checked myself and every match not yet started has been canceled

they are really in trouble arent they? they might have to start moving things indoors
Not necessarily. They have Saturday available to finish the qualies if needed.

What I dont understand is with the forecast having been clear that it would start raining during the course of the day, why did they stick to an 11am start time? Had they started at 9am or even 10am, they would have finished a lot more matches.

misty1
08-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Not necessarily. They have Saturday available to finish the qualies if needed.

What I dont understand is with the forecast having been clear that it would start raining during the course of the day, why did they stick to an 11am start time? Had they started at 9am or even 10am, they would have finished a lot more matches.

i dont get that either

even more confusing is that even though the weather does not look tommorrow they are once again starting at 11:00

Proton21
08-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Its drizzling ... Its almost impossible to get info though here what is going on. I guess that's the price you pay for free admission :)

So, I guess you are there at Flushing Meadows? Drizzling, ha, that's why wheather map wasn't showing it's raining there, guess drizzling isn't picked up by the radar, then.
If you are there and still not getting information, that's bad. No wonder there was no information anywhere on official site. Not really on their Twitter either. They must not know when and for what they should use twitter.:rolleyes:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 01:31 AM
So, I guess you are there at Flushing Meadows? Drizzling, ha, that's why wheather map wasn't showing it's raining there, guess drizzling isn't picked up by the radar, then.
If you are there and still not getting information, that's bad. No wonder there was no information anywhere on official site. Not really on their Twitter either. They must not know when and for what they should use twitter.:rolleyes:

I was there yes, just returned home.

Early this morning the weather map was completely clear and yet it started raining about 11am. It cleared until around the late afternoon, when there were drops and some drizzle pretty consistently. They had to stop play for about 5 minutes around 6pm to dry the lines on each court.

I was able to catch parts of quite a few matches. My quick impressions from each winner, with the caveat of course that you cant read too much into any match or even the short time frames I saw most players:

- Polansky: Solid but dont read anything into his form. Gonzalez was a joke - I've never seen someone so bad at serving and volleying, and who looked so pissed to be playing. Peter could have used a harder match to get warmed up for the next round. I swear I was there for only about 30 minutes and saw the whole match.

- Skugor: Again decent but nothing at all caught my eye, just did what needed to get done. Serve was OK when I was watching, but groundies not so great - he'll be in trouble if he gets into long rallies with Polansky judging on today's form.

- Jones: This guy wont qualify. Nothing great. Roger Vasselin really choked. I think the conditions got to him. I didnt see Lodja play but I'd imagine he could beat Jones based on today's performance.

- Niland: Very solid, I still like his chances to qualify. Marrero was absolutely abysmal though. Worst player I saw today after Gonzalez.

- Mektic: This guy wont qualify.

- Bohli: Solid but probably not enough to get past Dancevic and/or Nishikori or Kudryatsev. Donskoy made life pretty easy though. I watched the end of the first set and Bohli was playing consistent without being flashy.

- Dancevic: This may seem like nationalism, but honestly the most impressive player I saw today (and the only match I watched start to finish). He was on from the start, ground game was super solid, hit some great winners from both sides, some solid net play, and serve improved throughout the match. Result was never in doubt. Should get past Bohli if he plays aggressive (props to flyboy for correctly predicting a 3 and 2 result yesterday if my memory serves me correct).

- Kudryatvsev: Only watched four games, but he looked good. Flyboy's prediction might be true. Based on what I saw from Nishikori today, not an easy second round for Kei. Though I will say that Mertens isnt as bad as some here are saying. He would have beaten a lot of guys I saw today the way he was playing.

- Nishikori: I watched quite a bit of this match. Nishikori was all over the place. In stretches looked like he was far too good to be in the qualies. Then he would play loose games and look like crap. He really choked the second set away, Capdeville had no business being out there for a third set. The first 3-4 games of the final though he played some great tennis. He had massive support too - large Japanese contingent and even a camera crew. I've never seen so many people as a qualies match at the Open.

- Lammer: I dont have much to say about the winner. The loser on the other hand - Fischer looked like an amateur. After the match, he stuck around the court and looked like he was almost crying. He definitely laid an egg as another poster here pointed out.

- Reynolds: Solid but he wont beat Mannarino based on his form today. Guccione served pretty well, but man his movement is absymal and Reynolds should have captialized. He could hardly track down anything, and about 90% of the rallies were won by Reynolds. He got lucky a couple of times at 6-5 where Guccione had pretty good chances to break (he had 5 set points I think) and couldnt convert.

- Buchanan vs Del Bonis: Caught two games of the match on my way out. Del Bonis looks really uncomfortable. I've never seen him play before so have no comparison, but while you can see the weapons are there, it didn't look like it was his best stuff today. Buchanan looked much more motivated to win as well, but maybe that's because he's up a break in the third.

I also heard some other people talking about how impressive Kendrick looked, and they seemed like they knew what they were talking about tennis-wise. I didnt see him play though, nor did I see Machado, Harrison, and Ito - all of whom won pretty easily by the looks of it.

out_here_grindin
08-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Awesome! Please give more reports if you go again.:cool:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Great reports, thank you!

You caught Mertens on a good day. At times, he's decent. Most of the time he isn't decent. Fischer, too bad to hear about him crying. He can be quite punchless on the court, without any weapons or anything at all that stands out in any way. ERV has choked before, unfortunate to see that happened in a major. That opens up the draw even more for Farah, though. Jones is a mediocre player as you suggest. Del Bo simply isn't ready to beat players on hard court. I saw him play on hard court once for like 20 minutes, and it was rough. He's still just a kid developing, whose hype is a little bigger than his game level as of right now. I definitely can see Alex beating Kei in R2, but I don't think he will because of a lack of consistency. But he has the exact type of game to beat Kei. Frank is one of the best players in the draw when playing well, so good to hear he's focused and rearing to go here. I did call that 6-3 6-2 scoreline by the way, thanks for the shout out.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:21 AM
I think Skugor will beat Peter in R2 because for starters, Peter likes to hit the ball hard himself. Skugor is wild with his entire game, can hit bombs at times and then do nothing with the ball at times, but when his shots go in and he hitting them hard and flat like he can, I can't see Peter coping with that. Peter would have to be super consistent, serve well, and return well, and hope for mistakes.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Good luck Nico! :rocker2:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Awesome! Please give more reports if you go again.:cool:

Thanks but dont think I'm going back tomorrow as the forecast is bad and I dont want to take off work for no tennis.

I'll try later in the week :)

savesthedizzle
08-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Is the weather really supposed to be that bad tomorrow? The reports I see are only calling for .12 inches of rain and like 30% chance of showers during the day :scared: I was planning on heading out there :unsure:

savesthedizzle
08-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Ah now I see it upped to 40% :sad: It was a dream OOP for me too :armed:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Is the weather really supposed to be that bad tomorrow? The reports I see are only calling for .12 inches of rain and like 30% chance of showers during the day :scared: I was planning on heading out there :unsure:

I wish you luck. It was unpredictable today to say the least. My weather app said there was no rain in the morning and yet it was raining in Flushing...

Just know that CuppaJoe in the food court apparently closes at 7pm so when you're freezing at the evening matches make sure you get a coffee before they close to stay warm!

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Ah now I see it upped to 40% :sad: It was a dream OOP for me too :armed:

Wow tough few weeks - your avatar gets killed and then you may miss your dream OOP :sad:

We got pretty lucky it didnt rain hard after noon. Between the time they started drying the courts and the restart of play it was over an hour.

savesthedizzle
08-25-2010, 04:40 AM
Wow tough few weeks - your avatar gets killed and then you may miss your dream OOP :sad:

We got pretty lucky it didnt rain hard after noon. Between the time they started drying the courts and the restart of play it was over an hour.

:sad:

I just wish I knew what to do. :lol: I don't want to pay for a train ticket in to the city to have it pour all day :p

Though what I am looking at still predicts about .15 inches of rain :unsure:

Doomach777
08-25-2010, 07:37 AM
I think Skugor will beat Peter in R2 because for starters, Peter likes to hit the ball hard himself. Skugor is wild with his entire game, can hit bombs at times and then do nothing with the ball at times, but when his shots go in and he hitting them hard and flat like he can, I can't see Peter coping with that. Peter would have to be super consistent, serve well, and return well, and hope for mistakes.

Go Skugor ;)

Tipster13
08-25-2010, 07:52 AM

Be sure, after 2 years i will remember this to you :cool:

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Jones def. ERV 4-6 6-2 6-0

SHOCKING last two sets.

WTF Doud :smash: WTF. No words.

Iván
08-25-2010, 09:29 AM
is nishikori up *5-2 or 5-2*?

ted
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Kei *5-2

any opinions about bogdanovic,cook , bogomolov, zemlja , der merwe? or easy wins?

Proton21
08-25-2010, 11:06 AM
The whole post

Great report!! Thank you.

misty1
08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
they arent getting much done today, im caling it

willoughby
08-25-2010, 12:17 PM
WTF Doud :smash: WTF. No words.

well, the score that flyboy posted is not correct at all. Anyway I don't know what happened with Doud :confused:

Ivanatis
08-25-2010, 12:54 PM
ibreak4coffee, how fast are the courts this year?

sTALL
08-25-2010, 01:00 PM
they arent getting much done today, im caling it

The weather forecast doesn't lokk favorable at all, but it should't be necessary raining whole day and night right? :)

and I would be also grateful for information about how fast the courts looked and perhaps if the humidity influences it a bit

Thanks

misty1
08-25-2010, 01:14 PM
actually according to the forecast it is supposed to rain all day

from light rain to showers

Iván
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
loads of umbrella's up in ny

misty1
08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
they'll actually be lucky to get anything done today, like i said its supposed to rain all day

they will be in a big hole after today

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:01 PM
There is actually not a lot of rain in the NYC area, according to the weather radar. It's north of New York, in Boston and above. So tennis could be played after all.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Looks like there will be a shower in the 10-11 time zone, and then little afterward.

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
There is actually not a lot of rain in the NYC area, according to the weather radar. It's north of New York, in Boston and above. So tennis could be played after all.

The radar looked good yesterday too and...

Its raining steadily here and doesnt look like its going to stop. If it did stop in the next few hours, it would still probably take them a few hours to get the courts ready. I dont think I'm going to head out there today.

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
ibreak4coffee, how fast are the courts this year?

They seem to be playing about the same as last year.

I played on court 11 and 15 back in May and the courts seemed faster than usual. Not sure if they have been resurfaced since though.

nole_no1
08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Rain, rain go away....:rain:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
The radar looked good yesterday too and...

Its raining steadily here and doesnt look like its going to stop. If it did stop in the next few hours, it would still probably take them a few hours to get the courts ready. I dont think I'm going to head out there today.

Oh, that sucks, the radar isn't accurate? It looks like there is a steady rain that will last between 10-11 or so, and then should end at that time or shorty there after. And then there is dry weather after that for a while and even the potential for sun. You surely know better than I do.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 02:32 PM
The quickened the courts in Cincinnati for this year, so I wonder if they did that simply to make those courts more separate compared to the US Open courts, or if the US Open courts are equally faster and they did it for uniformity.

Smoke944
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Be sure, after 2 years i will remember this to you :cool:

Print it out and tape it on your wall :cool:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh, that sucks, the radar isn't accurate? It looks like there is a steady rain that will last between 10-11 or so, and then should end at that time or shorty there after. And then there is dry weather after that for a while and even the potential for sun. You surely know better than I do.

According to weather.com most of Manhattan should be rain free right now, but its still coming down where I work. Of course, Flushing is a good 10 miles from my office so maybe it stopped there. It does look like the worst is over though.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
According to weather.com most of Manhattan should be rain free right now, but its still coming down where I work. Of course, Flushing is a good 10 miles from my office so maybe it stopped there. It does look like the worst is over though.

OK, cool! It looks like just some last sprinkles/small showers, it was heavy rain for a while but it's passed. The rain should definitely be fully out by noon. I guess play will start an hour or two after.

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 03:22 PM
OK, cool! It looks like just some last sprinkles/small showers, it was heavy rain for a while but it's passed. The rain should definitely be fully out by noon. I guess play will start an hour or two after.

It rained quite a bit last night - far more than yesterday. It took them a good hour to dry the courts yesterday, might take longer today.

Still raining :sad:

Proton21
08-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm checking the weather using this site. Street level radar map. It is raining there now :mad:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/feature?section=weather&id=6665547

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Its raining harder right now than an hour ago...
:rain:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
It's that same damn shower that's been there. I wonder why it isn't moving, it's pretty clear around that one area. Oh well, hopefully it ends soon.

Armless
08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
so sick of this shitty weather, just get some roofs..

misty1
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
its very likely, that unless they move indoors they wont get anything done today at all

the good news is that its supposed to be beautiful for the rest of the week and its looking good for next week aswell..right now anyway

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Manhattan is rain free as of 20 minutes ago. Might take a bit longer for the storm to pass Flushing though.

No reason they shouldnt be playing by 3pm in my best guess

Iván
08-25-2010, 04:54 PM
they surely have to change the schedule now and finish all the unfinished matches 1st

not fair for them to have to wait 2 days

misty1
08-25-2010, 04:55 PM
thats for sure

Proton21
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I still don't understand why the organizer is not making any official comments about this. Why can’t they use Twitter for updates of these matters. :confused:
I suppose they are all about US and high ranking players… :(

misty1
08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
to think..we could still be playing round 1 of qualifying tommorrow

Iván
08-25-2010, 05:11 PM
stopped raining

Labamba
08-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I guess they'll have to use Saturday now...

Iván
08-25-2010, 05:45 PM
they must be drying the courts

Iván
08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
schedule changed

lots of cancelations

piotrex007
08-25-2010, 06:05 PM
What about schedule? Will schedule be changed? Because I think they should let finish players who started their matches yesterday.

Iván
08-25-2010, 06:08 PM
this is what im thinking

surely when the dry gap comes they finish off all the unfinished matches 1st.

exeget
08-25-2010, 06:26 PM
5-th and 6-th matches on courts are cancelled, also some 4-th in the order

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2010, 06:32 PM
:spit: :help:

nole_no1
08-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Didn't they finish the dry of the courts yet? :confused:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Didn't they finish the dry of the courts yet? :confused:

It takes a long time to dry these courts. Be patient

nole_no1
08-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Why aren't they covering the courts during rain delays like on clay or like in Wimbledon so they won't have to dry them anymore :confused: i don't get it

ted
08-25-2010, 08:02 PM
is chance to play today?

misty1
08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
they have made even more changes to the schedule and canceled more matches. Most courts are now only set to play up to the matches that need to finish and then thats it

savesthedizzle
08-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Glad I didn't go :dance:

nole_no1
08-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I thought rain stopped but i see they are not starting so...:o

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I thought rain stopped but i see they are not starting so...:o

The rain stopped over three hours ago. No idea what's going on there. Must be harder than usual to dry the courts

volc0mizado
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
The rain has stopped and play is beginning momentarily on Day 2 of the US Open Qualifying Tournament. http://bit.ly/ghr6Y 10 minutes ago via web

@ twitter.

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 08:38 PM
@ twitter.

Play started

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Bemelmans took the first set off Alves 6-3 :eek: :yeah:

ibreak4coffee
08-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice to see Veic fly across the Atlantic after a string of clay challengers and win one whole game. Nice return on investment there...

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2010, 09:44 PM
De Voest steamrolls Veic 6-1 6-0 :speakles:

CooCooCachoo
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Yani easing past Delic 6-2 *5-2.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Antonio won 3 points on his first serve. Should have stayed in Europe and stayed on clay. He should know that his chances to qualify for this hard court slam were slim to none.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I want Thiago to beat Ruben there. But the score so far in that match isn't surprising for me. Ruben can attack Thiago, and Thiago hasn't been playing great.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Marc is the guy I'm scared for. I truly might cry if he loses.

emotion
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Bozoljac :sad:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Yani def. Delic 6-2 6-4

Amer won 45% of first serve points and was broken 5 times. Still, it's good to see him back playing. Congrats to Michael.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm surprised that Oli is beating Bozo, but I hope it continues! That would be a really good win for the diminutive Frenchman.

Smoke944
08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm surprised that Oli is beating Bozo, but I hope it continues! That would be a really good win for the diminutive Frenchman.

5'11 is diminutive? :lol:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Also Stefan, hope he breaks right here at 30-30. Lapentti is the type of player he should beat.

EDIT: Yes, he got the break!!!!!!

emotion
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
5-11 isn't that short... Taller than Davydenko or Ferrer,regular top 10-ers

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:04 PM
5'11 is diminutive? :lol:

Not really, I was thinking of something sophisticated to say and that was the word that popped up :p He doesn't seem 5'11 though. More 5'9 to me.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Bozoljac v Patience 6-7 6-4

Baker v Souza 6-3

Alcaide v Taveras 6-4 *5-2

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Alcaide def. Tavares 6-4 6-2

Dominant performance from the Spaniard.

emotion
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
BP for Bozol (prays)

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Bemelmans serving for the match at 6-3 6-5 over Alves.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Marc is up 5-0 in the second!

Koubek 6-4 2-0 up.

Now just need Oli to beat Bozo.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Bemelmans def. Alves 6-3 7-5

13 aces for the Belgian. He's a dangerous player when on, with his attacking game and serve. I hope Yani beats him so Marc doesn't have to play him.

emotion
08-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't get broken, Bozoljac!!!

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Please break here, Oli.

EDIT: And he did it! YES, that was a tough game. Now he has to hold and wait for the inevitable mental breakdown.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Olivier, how can you just give the break back :sad:

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Koubek def. Lapentti 6-4 6-1

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Bozoljac def. Patience 6-7(2) 6-4 6-3

Rooting big time for Alcaide in the second round. I like Bozo, but I need Stefan to qualify.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Gicquel def. Menendez-Maceiras 1-6 6-1 6-1

Baker def. Souza 6-3 6-2

Both seeded Brazilians in the last section of the draw out r1.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Bolelli v Haider-Maurer 6-3

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Simone is having issues with Haider-Maurer of all players. Not good.

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Ram v Rosol 7-6(4)

Filo V.
08-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Bolelli v Haider-Maurer 6-3 2-6

Wow, Simone. You blew so many break point and deuce games, and then get broken back to back. This loss would be unacceptable.

nole_no1
08-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Soeda-Sugita from 4-2 to 4-6 WHAT THE FUCK :mad:

Amok9898
08-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Sugita vs. Soeda 6-4
No one in Japan wanted to see this match in R1. This is a rematch of All Japan Championship Final last year.

TommyCZE
08-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Ram v Rosol 7-6(4)
Just from the stats looks like an even contest, Lukas unable to convert bpts. Hope it gets to 3 sets (yea, just got a break). Just looking back to yesterdays results: thought Ivo Minar would have been more competitive, its gonna be tough to achieve his goal - top 100 this year (he said that after DC in Chile), surprising win for Jan (Honza) Hernych, dont expect him to beat Lammer, great win for Dusan Lojda and he shoud beat Jones, but Dusan is very inconsistent. Bolleli having a tough time now, Haider-Maurer had some decent results on clay recently.

Filo V.
08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Simone down a break in the third.

I'm literally in shock. I expected this to be a cakewalk. He's 2/11 on break points and has been to deuce in over half of AHM's serve games. This is ridiculous.

Filo V.
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Simone down two breaks. Something has gone terribly wrong.

nole_no1
08-26-2010, 12:11 AM
What in the world is Ram doing ? :o
He had bp at 1-0* but didn't break and then got broken *2-1 Rosol
2 bp for Ram but again no break 3-1* Rosol and now from 40-15 Ram to bp Rosol.... *4-1 Rosol double break OMG :o

TommyCZE
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Just from the stats looks like an even contest, Lukas unable to convert bpts. Hope it gets to 3 sets (yea, just got a break). Just looking back to yesterdays results: thought Ivo Minar would have been more competitive, its gonna be tough to achieve his goal - top 100 this year (he said that after DC in Chile), surprising win for Jan (Honza) Hernych, dont expect him to beat Lammer, great win for Dusan Lojda and he shoud beat Jones, but Dusan is very inconsistent. Bolleli having a tough time now, Haider-Maurer had some decent results on clay recently.
Great Lukas 2 breaks up v Ram, Bolleli again had 0-40, that looks really bad.

misty1
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
bolelli had 0-40 and now haider-mauer held:rolleyes:

nole_no1
08-26-2010, 12:14 AM
5-1 Rosol
Wake up Ram ffs :o

Filo V.
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Fucking 0-40 and he didn't break. I cannot fucking believe it.

TommyCZE
08-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Fucking 0-40 and he didn't break. I cannot fucking believe it.
not over yet, looks like they playing on clay, every game deuce and bp

nole_no1
08-26-2010, 12:20 AM
It's 5-1 Haider-Mauer man...no way Bolelli will win this

Filo V.
08-26-2010, 12:21 AM
We'll see, he needs to break back twice. He can do it, but I don't know.