vBookie [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

vBookie

Snowwy
08-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Guys.

As I am sure you have notice, vBetting options have not been good lately, we are looking for another vBookie.

If you are interested PM me this form.

Why do you want to be a vBookie:
What timezone are you in:

Snowwy
08-06-2010, 12:12 AM
To whoever moved this here (RagingLamb).

We tried this in this area of the board in December 2009. We got one application in a month.

I posted this at 7:43 today in General Messages and had two applications in six minutes.

vBetting is dying and you are playing a major role in this. Since you do not answer PM's I ask you here, can it be moved back to General Messages.

We are both volunteers, you would think we would be helping each other.

I have no other appropriate comments to make. Do what is right and help a wonderful game like vBookie continue.

Thanks.

Love Snowwy.

Timotheus
08-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I would like to contribute if I can, but I'm not that technical, so don't know if it's difficult to manage and how much time does it take? I'm involved in betting already, so working with the odds and matches anyway.

EnriqueIG8
08-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm also not very technical but I'm willing to try..

Timotheus
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
lol, all of a sudden yesterday's matches are offered today :)

Sunset of Age
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I would like to contribute if I can, but I'm not that technical, so don't know if it's difficult to manage and how much time does it take? I'm involved in betting already, so working with the odds and matches anyway.

Same here. I suppose the vBookies have their info on formats and where to get the odds for the bets (I guess from betting sites?) so we should get some instructions on that, but I'd like to give a hand to help. vBetting is too much fun to let it 'die'.

Sapeod
08-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I have sent you a PM, Snowwy.

Let me know by PM if you have given me the "job" :yeah:.

We will get instructions, right?

Ozone
08-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I am very interested

Ivanatis
08-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I think the real problems for the slump are lack of automization and the inefficient construction of vbookie. Having to open a thread for every single match to be picked had to turn into struggles in the long run. Don't know how it is with the payout, to what extent it's automatized (I hope it is). Lack of interest from the mods by pushing this thread here where clearly less people see it isn't a great help either. The technical staff should think about a complete renovation, like putting all matches in the vBookie section and offer betting right there without having to click numerous links. This way it would be a lot more clearly arranged for the users too. I'm not a big better myself, but it would be kinda pity if vbookie disappears. It's a great option for people who don't want to bet with real money. That said, I'm also willing to help. Quite a few people already posted here and sent pms, so it's not necessary I guess, but if I'm wrong, feel free to send some details and elaborations.

Snowwy
08-09-2010, 01:05 AM
I will get back to everyone sometime this week.

Sapeod
08-09-2010, 01:17 AM
:yeah:.

bad gambler
08-09-2010, 03:57 AM

I've set up v-bookie markets before and from my own experience it doesn't take too long for normal MM events where you have 4-5 matches a day. The time consuming aspect is when it is a major event, Slams and to a lesser extent Masters events in the early rounds. However if there a few people to assist the current v-bookie managers it can be spread out evenly.

I think the issue here is that we basically have only Snowwy and a couple of others to help him and they are in differing time zones as well.

No technical experience required, fairly straightforward steps which Snowwy or any other current manager can walk you through it. The odds are taken from a couple of the major bookies, obviously as you are familiar with how betting markets work it will be a breeze for you but even if one is not familar with how it all works it's a fairly simple thing to pick up.

bad gambler
08-09-2010, 04:08 AM
I think the real problems for the slump are lack of automization and the inefficient construction of vbookie. Having to open a thread for every single match to be picked had to turn into struggles in the long run. .

fair point and I agree it is a fairly manual process in terms of setting the matches up, but as mentioned above if you have 2-3 people working on one event on a daily basis the most you would have to do is 3-4 which won't take too long.

Don't know how it is with the payout, to what extent it's automatized (I hope it is).

This is one aspect which is completely automised, all you have to do is tick a box next to the player name who won and voila :cool:

Lack of interest from the mods by pushing this thread here where clearly less people see it isn't a great help either. The technical staff should think about a complete renovation, like putting all matches in the vBookie section and offer betting right there without having to click numerous links. This way it would be a lot more clearly arranged for the users too. I'm not a big better myself, but it would be kinda pity if vbookie disappears. It's a great option for people who don't want to bet with real money. That said, I'm also willing to help. Quite a few people already posted here and sent pms, so it's not necessary I guess, but if I'm wrong, feel free to send some details and elaborations.

IMO where the v-books are currently setup (within each of the tournament threads) makes sense to me. I think the idea initially was that people could easily refer back to the OOP/draws threads which would be located in the same forum. Unfortunately those threads don't exist these days as the concept of livescoring in the tournament threads no longer exists.

Btw I don't mean to steal Snowwy's thunder :p I too like playing v-bookie and would hate to see it die a slow death so it's great to see a lot of interested people willing to help :yeah:

Sapeod
08-09-2010, 08:51 AM
One of my friends on here said that he didn't get the job because of his history (he's been banned twice :tape:).
Does that mean that I won't get the job because I've been banned five times? :sad:

Goldenoldie
08-09-2010, 09:39 AM
One of my friends on here said that he didn't get the job because of his history (he's been banned twice :tape:).
Does that mean that I won't get the job because I've been banned five times? :sad:

I suspect it might be v/illegal for a v/15 year old to be involved in v/betting as a v/bookie. :devil:

Snowwy
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I've set up v-bookie markets before and from my own experience it doesn't take too long for normal MM events where you have 4-5 matches a day. The time consuming aspect is when it is a major event, Slams and to a lesser extent Masters events in the early rounds. However if there a few people to assist the current v-bookie managers it can be spread out evenly.

I think the issue here is that we basically have only Snowwy and a couple of others to help him and they are in differing time zones as well.

No technical experience required, fairly straightforward steps which Snowwy or any other current manager can walk you through it. The odds are taken from a couple of the major bookies, obviously as you are familiar with how betting markets work it will be a breeze for you but even if one is not familar with how it all works it's a fairly simple thing to pick up.

Good post, this explains it pretty well, and Im one of those last people, I had no idea how odds worked when I started. For me personally the big problem is that during the summer I don't always come home at night or if I do, its at 2 or 3 in the morning and I'm working the next day, I don't really make it on MTF.

fair point and I agree it is a fairly manual process in terms of setting the matches up, but as mentioned above if you have 2-3 people working on one event on a daily basis the most you would have to do is 3-4 which won't take too long.

Btw I don't mean to steal Snowwy's thunder :p I too like playing v-bookie and would hate to see it die a slow death so it's great to see a lot of interested people willing to help :yeah:

Again great.

Naw, the site people won't allow you if you have been banned. :(

Ivanatis
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM

I see, sounds good, once one or two new helpers are there, the thingey should work again.

This is one aspect which is completely automised, all you have to do is tick a box next to the player name who won and voila :cool:

:yeah: Guess it wouldn't be possible otherwise anyway.

IMO where the v-books are currently setup (within each of the tournament threads) makes sense to me. I think the idea initially was that people could easily refer back to the OOP/draws threads which would be located in the same forum. Unfortunately those threads don't exist these days as the concept of livescoring in the tournament threads no longer exists.

That's pretty much the point. People (other than the die-hard-v-betters) go to the tournament boards once a day to post their Suicide Tennis or PAW choices and leave right afterwards. The vbookie-area isnt the perfect place either I guess, it should be at some really frequented area, maybe moving the subforum to GM although there's not really a connection between v-betting and General Messages :scratch: Or an own subforum? These guys asking recently how to draw out their v-cash were the prime example how people don't know about v-betting although imo it has, when executed properly, the potential to be the greatest feature on this site. A three-digit number of participants on a regular basis wouldn't be surprising.

The other problem is that you have to klick through every thread only to see the current odds. MTFers are lazy bastards:p And talking about odds the stuff like 0.50 kinda confuses me.:scratch: It means you get your money at risk back and in this example half of it in addition for making the right pick? So it means 1.50? And 2.00 means 3.00 then? From the betting sites I've seen it seems to be mostly a system of 1.01 (for a safe win) and above?

Tomek.
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
we have to convert decimal odds (1.01) into fractional odds (1/100) first and as a result of this you see 0.01 instead of 1.01 ;)

Ozone
08-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Dammit Ive been banned once for something that wasnt even bad and I cant do it? ehhhhhhhhhhh

Snowwy
08-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Sadly no.

Ozone
08-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Ok whatever

Sapeod
08-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I suspect it might be v/illegal for a v/15 year old to be involved in v/betting as a v/bookie. :devil:
That's vmillionaire to you. :o

I'm not allowed being a bookie anyway.
Banned too many times.

Snowwy
08-14-2010, 01:58 AM
So we have decided to go with Snoo Foo and Aenea. I have notified the administration so we have to wait for that now.

Thanks to everyone who was interested.

Sunset of Age
08-15-2010, 02:44 AM
So we have decided to go with Snoo Foo and Aenea. I have notified the administration so we have to wait for that now.

Oh so you did?
On what premises?
Never got any reply on my offering or whatsoever. Nice. NOT.

Don't ever expect me to offer my services once again. :wavey:

Bye, there.

This place truly STINKS. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Bye, have fun there.

Sunset of Age
08-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Dammit Ive been banned once for something that wasnt even bad and I cant do it? ehhhhhhhhhhh

Apparently one doesn't even have to endure getting banned over here to be ruled out. The only trouble is, not being part of the mob.

MTF = Animal Farm. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Aenea
08-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh so you did?
On what premises?
Never got any reply on my offering or whatsoever. Nice. NOT.

Don't ever expect me to offer my services once again. :wavey:

Bye, there.

This place truly STINKS. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Bye, have fun there.

Apparently one doesn't even have to endure getting banned over here to be ruled out. The only trouble is, not being part of the mob.

MTF = Animal Farm. :worship: :worship: :worship:

:eek:

I can hardly believe you are getting that bitchy only because of vbookie. You sound so upset as if you have been cut of the list for a very important and successful real job. What Animal Farm what mob? :rolleyes: Getting along with somebody doesn't mean you are forming a mob. You are really overreacting and insulting other people in the process.

Carlita
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
wow :o

anyways..... Aenea & Snoo Foo, it might take a few more days to make you vBookie. I've send the request to the guy who can do this ;)

Cloudygirl
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM

I can hardly believe you are getting that bitchy only because of vbookie. You sound so upset as if you have been cut of the list for a very important and successful real job. What Animal Farm what mob? :rolleyes: Getting along with somebody doesn't mean you are forming a mob. You are really overreacting and insulting other people in the process.

to be fair. If you bother to volunteer for something I think a thanks but no thanks PM is not too much to ask for.

scarecrows
08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
good choices :yeah:

Snowwy
08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
to be fair. If you bother to volunteer for something I think a thanks but no thanks PM is not too much to ask for.

They will get it, do you think I have time to send PMs to 14 people right now? I get on here maybe 10 minutes a day, and we have people bitching every day about the matches closing half an hour early, or me having a few dates wrong because I tried to get 8 matches up in 10 minutes.

As for her, well her post above is an excellent example as to why she wasn't chosen. :)

Cloudygirl
08-15-2010, 08:47 PM
They will get it, do you think I have time to send PMs to 14 people right now? I get on here maybe 10 minutes a day, and we have people bitching every day about the matches closing half an hour early, or me having a few dates wrong because I tried to get 8 matches up in 10 minutes.

As for her, well her post above is an excellent example as to why she wasn't chosen. :)

It's a courtesy to do that before you announce it on the forum otherwise whats the point of doing it at all :confused:

It's simple politeness. You could have sent a blanket PM as quickly as you posted this post. It would have taken less than a minute. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The posts in reaction are besides the point. If it had been me I would have been annoyed that you couldn't send a simple PM of thanks and I don't think that I am in the least bit a person who overreacts.

It's really not too much to ask when someone takes the time to volunteer.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but there should always be time for good manners and to let people know that they are appreciated.

Tomek.
08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
he said thanks :shrug:

what else do you people expect?

flowers or what????

emotion
08-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Shit, no GIFs???

Sapeod
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM

:o :o :o :o :o

Rafa brigade.
good choices :yeah:
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Ozone
08-17-2010, 10:46 PM
^ ?

bad gambler
08-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Good luck to the new v-bookie managers :yeah: