I try to hate Roger for pummeling Lleyton but I can't. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I try to hate Roger for pummeling Lleyton but I can't.

Hagar
09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
He's such a nice guy, such a great tennis player, such a cultivated man...
That's why you can't even hate him when he serves your fave two bagels. And if you love tennis, you can't hate the man who plays it to perfection.
I can't even say that Lleyton did a lot wrong. OK, he could have been a bit sharper and seemed pretty nervous, but I guess the best he could have done was 6-2, 7-6, 6-2

What I hate about this result is all the idiots here who will be gloating about "Roger pummeled the potato" instead of giving Lleyton credit for the player he is.

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 11:04 PM
another unfaithful converted. JesusFed forgives and loves, Hagar :angel:

lsy
09-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Well said Hagar.

Therer's anothing to be ashamed of from Hewitt, he beat everybody else easily but Roger is just too good today. Besides once again he shows fighting spirit, never gives up no matter what. He had my respects in that aspect completely.

Hagar
09-12-2004, 11:09 PM
another unfaithful converted. JesusFed forgives and loves, Hagar :angel:

Euh... converted?
There was no need for me to be converted.

Australian Open 2003. Hagar is sitting in the Rod Laver Arena on the Monday of the second week of the Australian, watching Roger against Nalbandian.
After the 3rd set, I returned to my hotel. Why? Because I saw a brilliant player simply screwing a match for some unknown reason. It must have been pretty bad coz you don't go down under every year, and you surely don't have tickets for the Rod Laver Arena!
No, I've been a Federer fan since 2001 but did not understand why he was so irregular. I've always known the potential was there, he is one of the players I know since he entered the circuit.

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 11:11 PM
:cool: Hagar. i was just kidding ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I didn't actually SEE the final, since I'm at work. I assume that Roger would have destroyed anybody today, though, based on what I read. It's *more* impressive because he did it against a player of Hewitt's calibre. I honestly thought this was going to be a close match :eek:

I wonder how Hewitt will take this? I don't think it will make a huge difference to him, somehow. That is, I imagine that he's going to bounce back just fine.

Dirk
09-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Um maybe just maybe David played better than him in the 3rd set and won it? Great champs let down and lose sets all the time. Hewitt was awesome today. i can't believe some of the shots he ran down. I think he would have won it over anyone but Rogi and maybe andre. He pushed Rogi to the limit and this is why Rogi is so ruthless with him Hagar because he knows that is the only way you can beat him.

JonBcn
I honestly thought Hewitt would beat him before the match. All credit to Hewitt that he came back and almost took the second set, because he was hideously thrashed in the first set. I dont think he'll take it too hard - there's no shame in being beaten by someone who played the perfect set.

Tennis Fool
Hewitt didn't beat any top 10 players, however. Had an easier draw (thanks PimPim :yeah: ).

Maybe if Hewitt started losing and fell out of the top 10 he'd have a chance, as it is only those type of players that have a chance it seems.

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Hewitt didn't beat a top 10 player is his summer run :eek: