Anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone going?

novanora
08-01-2010, 05:44 AM
I will spend my October holidays in Japan this year, so probably will take at least one day to watch Japan Open. This will be my first time to watch tennis in Japan, so i would like to know if the center court ticket is difficult to buy on the day of playing or not (just for early rounds such as 1st & 2nd rounds)?

I can't open the English version of the official website, it's jumped to atp site directly. However, just figure out from the Japanese website that the traffic shouldn't be complicated. If you take りんかい線, and get off at「国際展示場」station, it will only take you 5min walk. Hope my understanding is correct, or 都バス and 新交通ゆりかもめ will be easier to get there?

reiko
08-12-2010, 11:25 AM
if the center court ticket is difficult to buy on the day of playing or not (just for early rounds such as 1st & 2nd rounds)?

Depends on where you would like to be seated. Court Side tickets are officially sold out throughout the week.

http://rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
Under "GET TICKETS!" on right you can can see availability of the tickets and the best seats (PS/CS) are sold out. I cannot foresee the Nadal effect on earlier rounds but guess you will be able to get a ticket.

NB
http://rakutenopen.jp/ticket/get_tickets_en.pdf (English)
"A Seats-Non reserved" (4-7 Oct) is only for Center Court and for other courts you need to buy a ground ticket.

If you take りんかい線, and get off at「国際展示場」station, it will only take you 5min walk. Hope my understanding is correct, or 都バス and 新交通ゆりかもめ will be easier to get there?

Yes, I recommend 国際展示場(Kokusai Tenjijou) of りんかい線(Rinkai Line) or 有明(Ariake) of 新交通ゆりかもめ("Shinkoutsuu Yurikamome" or just ゆりかもめ"Yurikamome"). Then the Venue (Ariake Coliseum/Colosseum) is just over a crossover bridge over highway.

都バス(bus) option would be complicated if you don't speak Japanese.

(My alphabet writing for Japanese words above could be a bit different from what you see there.)

If you need further information, you can PM me.
Hope you will have a nice stay in Japan! :)

novanora
08-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Thank you very much Reiko!!! That's great information :yeah: I will spend most of the time in outside ground courts anyway, so I don't need a good seat in center court, but will be nice if can watch a match there.

I can speak some common Japanese sentences, but always have difficulty in pronouncing those 漢字, so yeah, りんかい線 is better and more simple for me :lol:

Thanks again :wavey: