Hot Stuff! Let's fire up for 2010 US/fall hard court season [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hot Stuff! Let's fire up for 2010 US/fall hard court season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

lalaland
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Okay, here we go!

I'm changing my mindset, I'm a jinx no more, my luck has change...And who needs luck when you have skills ;), Gilles surely doesn't :angel:. He will get back to form this summer season on hard court!!!

The first summer destination, Washington DC next week: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/418/mds.pdf

Can't say I like this draw, bye and qualifier :(, the combination I hate, and then Roddick...
No fear, Gilles is full of motivation and ambition, he will try his best to do the maximum on his best surface :D.

ALLEZ!

turtle-rn
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I was about to suggest you another title: Out of the Euro pan into the US fire. :devil:

lalaland
08-02-2010, 06:59 AM
He will face the winner of Nishikori/Kunitsyn in his opening match in R2. Allez!

lalaland
08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Looking around for news, I saw some fans blogging their visits to D.C...

http://achangeofends.blogspot.com/2010/07/do-i-really-have-to-leave-tomorrow.html
Gilles Simon did not seem at all happy with his practice this afternoon. If I knew any French obscenities, I'm betting that's what I was hearing from Simon's side of the court.
I bet Nat is rolling his eyes right about now :angel:. Gilles needs a chill pill even in practice.

This one is a much better read ;)
http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/6917
Gilles Simon was on the practice courts for quite a while. Surprisingly, he looks much stronger in person and his game is much more explosive standing 15 feet away. The camera does not do him justice. He was friendly and personable taking ten photos with fans and stopping to sign autographs. With each photo, he didnít just stand there like most players. He reached his hand around and practically gave each person a hug. He is a hugger, ladies! This warms my heart. Girls got giddy around him, men stood staring in confusion, and I was happily enjoying viewing a former top 10-er in person.

Thanks for sharing, fans.
I wonder if Scotty is going there and if he'll stop by to tell us all about it?

soulage
08-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Did he cut his hair ?
Pics on that Twitter account http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg688/scaled.php?tn=0&server=688&filename=xtlu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg688/scaled.php?tn=0&server=688&filename=xtlu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

The hard will be better than the clay for sure :) and it would be nice if he could keep a seed spot for USO.

Frankie
08-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Surprisingly, he looks much stronger in person

I was just thinking that from the photo - has he bulked up a bit? Hard to tell... :shrug: (I think he has had a hair cut, too, though thankfully it's still not too short!) :inlove:

With each photo, he didnít just stand there like most players. He reached his hand around and practically gave each person a hug. He is a hugger, ladies!

:drool: Why aren't I in Washington?! :devil: :lol:

Allez Gilles for a great hard-court season! Don't like the draw very much but as we've seen it doesn't really matter who's on the other side of the net at the moment - Gilles has his work cut out playing himself... :p

MsTree
08-03-2010, 06:04 AM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/418/op.pdf

He plays Kunitsyn in the last match on Grandstand. Allez Gilles!!! :)

turtle-rn
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I bet Nat is rolling his eyes right about now :angel:. Gilles needs a chill pill even in practice.
Nah, I'm still on the athletics train and no other sport will spoil this moment. :angel:

ChangeofEnds
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Looking around for news, I saw some fans blogging their visits to D.C...

http://achangeofends.blogspot.com/2010/07/do-i-really-have-to-leave-tomorrow.html
Gilles Simon did not seem at all happy with his practice this afternoon. If I knew any French obscenities, I'm betting that's what I was hearing from Simon's side of the court.

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that A Change of Ends is my blog and I'm so glad that you took a minute to check it out. I agree, my posts are usually a little more thought out. This weekend's posts were probably better tweets than blog entries. I was just excited to get something up there about my trip. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that my newest entry has a link to my pictures from this weekend. There are a few from Gilles' practice session.

I hope you guys will keep reading!

Thanks,

Andrea
www.achangeofends.blogspot.com

MsTree
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Andrea! :wavey: Nice pics! And Stan looks great in that cut off t-shirt :D

lalaland
08-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Nah, I'm still on the athletics train and no other sport will spoil this moment. :angel:

Great. Stay there, so he won't get on your nerve ;). Will let you know when Gilles starts winning, soon :angel:.

lalaland
08-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that A Change of Ends is my blog and I'm so glad that you took a minute to check it out. I agree, my posts are usually a little more thought out. This weekend's posts were probably better tweets than blog entries. I was just excited to get something up there about my trip. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that my newest entry has a link to my pictures from this weekend. There are a few from Gilles' practice session.

I hope you guys will keep reading!

Thanks,

Andrea
www.achangeofends.blogspot.com

Thank you so much, the pics and the especially the Fun Facts. :worship:

BTW, I said Nat rolling his eyes only because he hates that grumpy Gilles, especially when Gilles' whining even in practice, just want to make it clear that I wasn't saying he rolls his eyes at the blog. Gilles' been really grumpy these days, so we are used to that.

lalaland
08-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Gilles beat Kunitsyn 61 62 in 52 mins. Only 43% 1st serve, well, get the job done anyway. So next is Roddick. Wonder if Gilles still find him intimidating? Hope not. He'll have to serve super good to beat player with good serve, ie Duckie. Well, at least it will be on center court and we'll have stream, not sure if it's a good thing or not :p.

Allez Gilles, good luck next round.

TennisFan2012
08-04-2010, 03:56 AM
OK, I just got back from L-M. I saw the first set of Simon-Kunitsyn and then met friends who wanted to see a different match. Gilles played beautifully. His shots were smooth, fast, and low, and his movement was very good. The serve was very tough when it was in. I don't understand how someone so slight can generate so much power! He looked much better than either Roddick or Verdasco did today, but the top players often raise their games when the competition is better. So yes, IMHO, he has a very good chance against Roddick, esp. if he serves better than he did today.

MsTree
08-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Allez! :D Thanks for the report Squotis :)

lalaland
08-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the reports, Squotis and Alli. Good to hear he plays well :D. Hopefully he will get some confidence to move forward, and upward.

Cloudygirl
08-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Is it bad that I'm so relieved he won a match.

Scotso
08-04-2010, 06:50 AM
I was there tonight, too. :D

He was in amazing form. He looked at me a few times and my heart stopped. Was nice to finally see him in person.

but-it's-ok
08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
:bounce::banana:

SO happy he won!!:D And nice you guys saw him in such good form! :yippee:

turtle-rn
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
He looked at me a few times and my heart stopped.
^^ That's cute.

Frankie
08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Is it bad that I'm so relieved he won a match.

:lol: No, I feel the same! Better to have no expections, then you can't be disappointed! :p Certainly didn't see that scoreline coming... :worship:

Great to hear he's playing well - keep it up and go-get Duckie! :cool:

rtgy
08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:worship::worship::worship: ALLEZ:rocker:

rtgy
08-04-2010, 01:02 PM
He looked at me a few times and my heart stopped. Was nice to finally see him in person.

:lol: :worship:

misty1
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
great win for gillou:worship:

Tutu
08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
This thread. :worship:

I'm going to be applying for accreditation at Montpellier. I dunno if i'll get in but if I do I will be stalking Gilles. :worship:

Naina
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Good Win :D It's been a while in coming so build on the momentum plz :bounce:

MsTree
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Aw his fans were out in force for hm then :D Alli :woohoo: Scotty :hug: :hearts:
It's all good :D

lalaland
08-04-2010, 07:59 PM
So glad that you guys got to see him live and play well for a change. :D

It's only 1 win so I'm trying to not get overly excited, but the scoreline is very encouraging and that it's even more encouraging to hear that you all witnessed his good form. I'm feeling a bit more hopeful for his next match now.

Allez Gilles. Keep the good form going.

Tutu, I hope you get that accreditation for Montpellier. It will be great to have an insider to stalk him for us ;).

turtle-rn
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm going to be applying for accreditation at Montpellier.
You're a professionnal journalist? :D I can already see you teaming with miss Tati. ^^

TennisFan2012
08-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey, it's great to see that there are so many GS fans in Washington! And I completely agree with the other two reports. The court he was on has so few seats--it is great to see the players up close. You can really appreciate how incredibly well the top pros play. A real treat...

lalaland
08-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Gilles' match tomorrow against Roddick is the 3rd match on center court, not before 7pm local time. http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/418/op.pdf

Allez Gilles.

Tutu
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
You're a professionnal journalist? :D I can already see you teaming with miss Tati. ^^
Not yet. I've only just started so i'm going to apply through my blog and see what happens. I never thought about that though! :lol: If that ever does happen, i'll make sure that Tatiana doesn't teach me how to speak French. :lol:

Allez Gilles!

rtgy
08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker:

but-it's-ok
08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah!:bounce::bounce: Allez Gillou!!!

misty1
08-05-2010, 06:00 PM
he's never beaten roddick before so beating him now would definately give him a huge confidence boost

lalaland
08-05-2010, 08:48 PM
There's no stream listed on livescorehunter for this match, does that mean no one is streaming it :eek:? I'm really nervous about this match so I actually can't be sure if I can handle watching it :p. But srsly though, Andy Roddick on Center Court in a US tourney nite match and no stream :rolleyes:, unacceptable. I think Tennis Channel is showing though, they got to be. And if some of you can see it on those betting sites or whatever mean, please be an :angel: and record it. Thanks in advance.

Anyone find a stream when the match starts (if it gets to start today) please share. Thanks.

Oh, I guess it's raining there right now, seems like nothing has started yet....seeing some update in the livescore thread they said at least until 6ish that maybe they can start play. If so, Gilles match will be on the earliest 9pm but I don't actually see it possible. Just hope he does get to play today somehow.

turtle-rn
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Dammit, I planned to stay up for this match. Still nothing on the site livescoring board. >_<

turtle-rn
08-05-2010, 09:52 PM
If that ever does happen, i'll make sure that Tatiana doesn't teach me how to speak French. :lol:
If that ever happens, make sure to burn down all her hats too. :lol:

lalaland
08-06-2010, 12:16 AM
According the livescores thread, play starts now (8:15pm). And the schedule revised:

REVISED ORDER OF PLAY - THURSDAY, AUGUST 05, 2010

MATCH START TIMES ARE TENTATIVE AND WEATHER PERMITTING

STADIUM
X Malisse (BEL) vs [5] J Isner (USA)
[13] G Simon (FRA) vs [2] A Roddick (USA)

lalaland
08-06-2010, 02:36 AM
It's 10:35 pm local time and the first match just finished, so Gilles will be out in the court soon to start his match. There's no coverage anywhere from what I've heard since the camera crew already gone home :rolleyes:. I hope they are playing at an empty stadium so no advantage for the homeboy :p. Hopefully, Roddick is as grumpy as he was last week in LA and Gilles is calm and cool being the super underdog :D.

I'm going to watch a movie in the next 2 hrs so I don't have to stare at the scoreboard. Allez Gilles, you can do it, please win!!!!!

lalaland
08-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I lied, I'm still watching scoreboard :o. Have to wait for friends to come over to start movie :mad:, they better be here soon cos scoreboard watching is not fun.

Gilles starts the match losing 5 straight points, and has to save a bp in his first serve game. But he broke Duckie in game 3 and is now leading 3-1. Allez Gilles, I know you can win this one. Please do.

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 03:07 AM
There are livescores on the Legg Mason Tennis Classic site. It is ridiculous if the camera crew went home already. The original start time (4 PM) was only a few hours before the rain stopped (i.e., not at 11 AM)--they should have waited it out. I would bet that a lot of people arrived late and are still there. However, the storms were rather violent. Maybe the storms did some damage or there is some other explanation.

Gilles is up 3-1, with Andy serving. Allez, go, vamos...!

lalaland
08-06-2010, 03:14 AM
I thought that's weird too, rain delay is such a common thing, how's it they will send camera crew home so early. But anyhow, no one get to see this match and I'll be quite pissed if Gillou wins it and I don't get to see. But then, as long as he wins, I'll gladly not watch anything any matches if he wins.

4-2 at the moment.

His 1st serve dipping down to 44% though.

lalaland
08-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Great Stuff. Gilles broke Duckie at love to take the first set 6-3. Now he gets to serve first in the 2nd.

Gilles, be sure to CONCENTRATE. Finish this one TODAY, you have 36 mins.

misty1
08-06-2010, 03:26 AM
first set gilles!

6-3

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 03:33 AM
I thought that's weird too, rain delay is such a common thing, how's it they will send camera crew home so early. But anyhow, no one get to see this match and I'll be quite pissed if Gillou wins it and I don't get to see. But then, as long as he wins, I'll gladly not watch anything any matches if he wins.

4-2 at the moment.

His 1st serve dipping down to 44% though.

Understandable how you feel, but if he does win, there should be more TV coverage tomorrow and the weekend. The weather is supposed to be better. So you may get to see him!

How did you find out that they sent the camera crew home early? I have been watching Tennis Channel since about 10:30, and don't recall their saying anything about it.

Good hold to start the 2nd set.

I am sure that the tournament organizers are concerned about losing Roddick after nearly losing Berdych earlier, and losing the #1 doubles team (though the Bryans are a big draw and they are still playing. A tournament volunteer in another city told me several years ago, when Agassi was playing, that if either Roddick or Agassi made it into the final, the tournament could stay in the black. But if neither did, the tournament would lose money, which would jeopardize its ability to continue (or to stay in that city). So they would bite their nails hoping that one of the two made it.

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Wow, a break already! Good job, Gilles!

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 03:36 AM
GS has more aces than does AR! GS is a great returner--that seems to be helping him tonight.

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Good job, Gilles. 6-3, 6-3. I was hoping maybe at midnight they would show a tape delay, but it's not on. Good night everyone--hope GS's European fans will soon wake up to this happy news.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Yay

Cloudygirl
08-06-2010, 05:03 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6prlfigsE1qbv21co1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1281157257&Signature=%2BLinKIg7fqh3SFuLG83omJvoh2M%3D

hello :) :)

MsTree
08-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Wow! Gilles :hearts: What a result! :D

Puschkin
08-06-2010, 05:55 AM
:woohoo: Gilles!

lalaland
08-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Woohoo!!!! I wasn't sure if he can hold on to win when I left after the first set. Well done Gilles :rocker:

I'm extra happy that my favorite player beat my least favorite player. Great day. Now he's going to face my other favorite, King Dave :(. Sorry Dave, can't cheer for you. A Davis Cup prequel, even though Gilles not likely to play DC.

Understandable how you feel, but if he does win, there should be more TV coverage tomorrow and the weekend. The weather is supposed to be better. So you may get to see him!
Well, I'll gladly not watch anything if it's guaranteed that he will win if I don't watch ;), otherwise, why sacrifice for nothing :angel:.

How did you find out that they sent the camera crew home early? I have been watching Tennis Channel since about 10:30, and don't recall their saying anything about it.
I read it at the Livestream thread in GM. Sounds like a logical explanation then for not broadcasting an Roddick match on tv when they are actually scheduled to.

lalaland
08-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Gilles is first up in the evening session. :rocker2: I bought a box seat for today to see him and ended up not really getting to use it bc of the rain delay. I was watching Berdych on Court 1 and showed up at the end of the Malisse/Isner match on Stadium court. My 'box-mates' :rolleyes: were staring at me, probably thinking I was just sitting there w/o a ticket. We'll see what they think when I show up tomorrow night too. I just nabbed the same seat. I'll cheer for Gilles even louder this time and see how they like it. :devil:

Alli, please tell us what you seen in the first set when you get a chance. I'm glad you stick around for the match after the rain delay. Hopefully Gilles sticks around for the rest of the week to make this an amazing visit for you.

Ivanatis
08-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Gilles is first up in the evening session. :rocker2: I bought a box seat for today to see him and ended up not really getting to use it bc of the rain delay. I was watching Berdych on Court 1 and showed up at the end of the Malisse/Isner match on Stadium court. My 'box-mates' :rolleyes: were staring at me, probably thinking I was just sitting there w/o a ticket. We'll see what they think when I show up tomorrow night too. I just nabbed the same seat. I'll cheer for Gilles even louder this time and see how they like it. :devil:

:rolls: great to see you're enjoying the tennis Alli:yeah:

but-it's-ok
08-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I missed it:( But OMG :woohoo::yippee::worship: Love ya Gilles!:kiss:

Lesliem
08-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Gilles is back ! :bigclap:

Gilou vs Nalbandian...It should be a good test before Davis Cup ;)

rtgy
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm in heaven :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

BlueLighthouse
08-06-2010, 11:49 AM
:sobbing: I was teary and :crazy: all day...

Gillouuuuuuu is back.

misty1
08-06-2010, 12:05 PM
great win gilles!

it will be a huge test tonight with the form nalbandian is in but i think he can do it

Tutu
08-06-2010, 12:34 PM
It's the thread!

So happy for him. Definitely feel a win vs Nalbandian would be even more huge so he'll need a much higher first serve %. ALLEZ GILLES.

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I read it at the Livestream thread in GM. Sounds like a logical explanation then for not broadcasting an Roddick match on tv when they are actually scheduled to.

Agreed. It would have been nice for Tennis Channel to interrupt their re-run of an old match to tell us why this match was not being broadcast.

TennisFan2012
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Aw, thanks :hug: Today will be my last day here, so I'll just have to fire it all up tonight =) Just seeing him play one match well was enough to make it a great trip :) I'm really looking forward to the match tonight. :D

What I saw from the first set last night:

Both were hitting a little tentatively at first. I figure itís because they didnít get a chance to warm up since all of the courts were soaked all day. I think that Gillou knows how to look cute for the crowd to get them to like him. :angel: Early on (not sure during which game), he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didnít go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldnít hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

After he held onto his first service game, he started to step it up and was hitting his trademark hard, flat shots. He was being really patient and waiting for the right moments too. Some jacka$s sitting near me was calling him a pusher right before he ripped a rocket-fire forehand winner. :devil: There were some awesome rallies, Gillesí movement was great and he was playing aggressively and doing it all better than Andy. He was also returning well. Sure, Roddick had a few aces but Gillou was getting ones back that most others probably wouldnít. :D

Alleeeeeez Gillou :rocker2:

Great report!

Also, I've attended several tournaments in the US over the years. Andy seems to be a favorite of drunks, who like to yell more loudly as the evening continues. It's not his fault. Fortunately there are few such jacka$ses, but there always seems to be one at his evening matches. At one tournament people asked him to be quiet or leave.

turtle-rn
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Amaze. :hearts:

But of course, no video to get hold of. :(

MsTree
08-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Nat :hug: His haircut must've been really good to beat Roddick :devil:

MsTree
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Aw, thanks :hug: Today will be my last day here, so I'll just have to fire it all up tonight =) Just seeing him play one match well was enough to make it a great trip :) I'm really looking forward to the match tonight. :D

What I saw from the first set last night:

Both were hitting a little tentatively at first. I figure itís because they didnít get a chance to warm up since all of the courts were soaked all day. I think that Gillou knows how to look cute for the crowd to get them to like him. :angel: Early on (not sure during which game), he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didnít go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldnít hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

After he held onto his first service game, he started to step it up and was hitting his trademark hard, flat shots. He was being really patient and waiting for the right moments too. Some jacka$s sitting near me was calling him a pusher right before he ripped a rocket-fire forehand winner. :devil: There were some awesome rallies, Gillesí movement was great and he was playing aggressively and doing it all better than Andy. He was also returning well. Sure, Roddick had a few aces but Gillou was getting ones back that most others probably wouldnít. :D

Alleeeeeez Gillou :rocker2:

I'm going to imagine that it was rocketassist :devil:

Great report, really annoying it wasn't televised :( I'm so glad he's performing for you Alli :cool:

lalaland
08-06-2010, 07:05 PM
he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didnít go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldnít hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

:D
I'm glad he's smiling on court, it's a good sign.

I'm so excited that you get to see the Nalby/Gilles match later on today. It's gonna be an awesome match, I hope. Have fun and please yell a loud Allez to him for all of us ;).

MsTree
08-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I've discovered that I need to get a tree cut down before I can get my satellite reception back again so I hope there's a good livestream! And no rain tonight!

lalaland
08-06-2010, 08:29 PM
SH*T. Gilles got Misha opening round in Toronto :banghead:

turtle-rn
08-06-2010, 08:58 PM
His haircut must've been really good to beat Roddick :devil:
Or his haircut was meh but Roddick's was awful. :p

turtle-rn
08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm going to imagine that it was rocketassist :devil:
:lol:

Don't tell Scotty, he might try to skin the dude alive. :angel:

turtle-rn
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
SH*T. Gilles got Misha opening round in Toronto :banghead:
If PHM of all people managed to overcome his Misha curse at SW19, Gilles has the duty to do as much. :p

lalaland
08-06-2010, 10:00 PM
If PHM of all people managed to overcome his Misha curse at SW19, Gilles has the duty to do as much. :p

Shame on me for not having much faith in Gilles :o. Surely he can do it. C'mon Gilles.

Let's focus on the current task. Please win tonite against King David. Allez Gilles, Allez!

rtgy
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
ALLEZ GILLOU!!! :rocker: he looks great:D:D:D

rtgy
08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
3-0 :rocker2: he's amazing :bounce::bounce::bounce:

rtgy
08-06-2010, 11:30 PM
3-0 :rocker2: he's amazing :bounce::bounce::bounce:

...3-2 :o:mad::fiery::fiery::fiery:

Gillou:smash:

rtgy
08-06-2010, 11:50 PM
:lol: 6-3 ha ha the Gillouway :lol:

:worship::worship::worship:

lalaland
08-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm so nervous my hands are shaking.

6-3 first set.
C'mon Gilles, half the work is done, finish the second half. Allez.

rtgy
08-06-2010, 11:54 PM
break 1-0 :rocker2:....break back 1-1.....1-2

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
come on gillou!

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Gilles' serves' gonna be the key. C'mon Gilles.

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Dammit Gilles, you just gave that away.

Nervous tennis from both of them, not pretty.

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:07 AM
1-3:o

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm so nervous my hands are shaking.

:hug: :smooch:

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:12 AM
well guys first ace for Nalbi and 1-4:o

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:17 AM
2-5. Please Gilles, makes sure you hold so at least force Dave to serve it out. Allez Gilles, Allez.

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:17 AM
2-5:sad::sad:

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:18 AM
well guys first ace for Nalbi and 1-4:o

And Gilles got his first winner (BHDTL) in 1-4. 1 winner 10 UE, it's been a horrendous 2nd set. :o

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:24 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

1 set all.

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:25 AM
oh gillou:mad:

what the hell happened in taht second set?

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:25 AM
And Gilles got his first winner (BHDTL) in 1-4. 1 winner 10 UE, it's been a horrendous 2nd set. :o

they're both...'amazing' tonight:o are they?:lol:

2-6:mad:

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:30 AM
come on gilles you've got this! get it back together in the 3rd set please

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:31 AM
they're both...'amazing' tonight:o are they?:lol:

Amazingly horrendous :lol:

Well, Nalby is getting really steady now, if Gilles doesn't get his act together, he will get run over. So C'mon Gilles, get your best out now before it's too late.

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:36 AM
oh s**t 0-2:o:mad:

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:37 AM
oh come on:rolleyes:

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Broken. :sad:

Fight Gilles, fight.
Never seen Tutu that animated. We know this is an important match for Gilles, for sure mentally, he needs this one.

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:39 AM
0-40 lets go!!!!

15-40

30-40

come on gilles do not waste this chance!

oh shut up:mad::o

deuce

one more gilles take the damn break!

no ofcourse not

this is over

he wastes 0-40 and adv. why does david have to pick now to be able to save the break?

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:43 AM
here's another break chance take it please

finally!

1-2, now hold gillou and lets get back into gear here

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Amazingly horrendous :lol:

:lol: you've no idea how right you're - breakback 1-2 :lol:

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:47 AM
his serve is crap right now

lalaland
08-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Watching ESPN made me miss the Brits commentators. This Americans has no respect for Gilles. I hate Gilbert.
C'mon Gilles, show them, show them. Get your best out and show them.

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:50 AM
2-2

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:51 AM
he's back 2-2:bounce:

rtgy
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Watching ESPN made me miss the Brits commentators. This Americans has no respect for Gilles. I hate Gilbert.

yeah he's moron:o 2-3....

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:57 AM
you know i would feel better about this if gilles could find a first serve

misty1
08-07-2010, 12:58 AM
30-0 now 30-30

come on gillou! dont get broken from being 30-0 up please

30-40

deuce now

adv. david

come on!!!

deuce

adv. david again.....

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:02 AM
2-4:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

rtgy
08-07-2010, 01:02 AM
2-4:sad::sad:

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:03 AM
this just sucks

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:05 AM
i thought gilles was getting back into it after breaking back but no he gets broken from 30-0:sad:

break point gillou here

and he takes it 3-4 nalbandian

11 breaks of serve in this match now people..WOW

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:06 AM
They just been giving their serve game to each other, it's painful to the point of hilarious :lol:.

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Gilles, please hold for a change.

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:07 AM
i can only imagine what a nightmare this must be to watch

but...if gilles can grind out this win it will be huge for him

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:08 AM
and on the following service game he starts with double fault # 6:o

0-30:o

fight gilles !

0-40

way to go gilles this match is over

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Shit, that's it. 0-40 3-4. This really sucks.

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
nalbandian did save on 0-40 earlier

15-40

nope thats it

3-5

this is just crap

lalaland
:sad::sad::sad:
One last chance, Gilles, one last chance. Please, do sth. Break back.

rtgy
3-5......:o:mad::o

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:11 AM
nalbandian serving for the match

15-0

30-0

ofcourse its going to be a love hold..it always is in this situatiuon

40-0

just:sad::sad::sad::sad::mad::mad::mad::mad::o:o:o

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:15 AM
:hug: Gilles.

I just hope that this one crappy match is not going to reverse the confidence he has gained in the previous 2 wins. C'mon Gilles, slowly but surely, you are heading to the right direction. You'll get back your mojo back soon.

misty1
08-07-2010, 01:16 AM
there is a positive he can take in that for the first time since his comeback he won back to back matches

hopefully he can continue on and get some solid results now

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:20 AM
He won back to back matches in his first tourney back, Eastbourne.

lalaland
08-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Anyway, it wasn't the game that worries me, it's his mental being so fragile these days. If he can scrape a win playing not so good, it will do wonder to his morale. 6-3 at the 3rd could have gone both way, he was in it for the most part, it's not like Nalby is rock solid himself or sth. Gilles just seem to be unable to settle himself the whole match. I guess when you aren't confident, nothing comes easy. And I guess I can't expect things will turn around suddenly just because he won a couple of good matches. He will need a lot of matches to get himself back to the player that he was who out-willed Nadal in Madrid.

Well, I do believe in him. He will come around.

And now, that Misha opening match in Toronto is so important, not only because it's first round and sucks when you get a bad draw in first round, losing it probably won't kill him, but winning it will definitely do him a whole lot of good considering Misha is his 2nd worse opponent. Gosh, I wish I can do sth to help him out. I'll be praying, and I'm not even religious :lol:.

Scotso
08-07-2010, 03:37 AM
:sad:

At least he won some matches, and played very well the day I got to go. Hopefully he comes back to DC next year.

turtle-rn
08-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Didn't watch the match but according to ES website, the level was pretty poor on both side of the net. Nalby not being in the same form as in his previous matches only adds more regrets.

but-it's-ok
08-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Gilles:awww::sad:

MsTree
08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Aw Gilles :sad: I haven't watched the Nalbandian match yet but otherwise it was a good week for wee Gillou going by all reports!
Already this year he's beaten a couple of players he's not managed to beat before, maybe it'll be Misha's turn next :)

Naina
08-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I tried to stay up for it but I lost the battle to sleep. Waiting for repeat telecast but anyway good tournament Gillou :)

lalaland
08-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I thought back to the match and maybe it wasn't as bad as when I was watching it, my mind was clouded with tension. Nalby for sure made a lot of UEs for at least a set and a half, but Gilles was not giving him the shots he usually gets to be able to blow ppl off court (that I imagine that's what happened when he blowed his opponents off in the previous 3 matches before the QF). Gilles hit a lot of very deep shots down the middle, giving him no angle and pushing him back. Nalby's shots are also deep and heavy and it seems to travel so much faster than Gilles'. I seen a lot of Gilles going toe to toe with great hitters like Berdcyh and not really seeing him in any disadvantage but I think Nalby's shots were so much more powerful comparatively, I don't know how he does that, maybe his body weight does give him advantage ;). I think it's just really hard for Gilles to go on offensive when he's defending those deep heavy shots. But at the end, I think he also cracked mentally that gives Nalby the edge.

Found a blog here saying that he didn't attended the presser afterward, apparently furious at himself (we'll see if the French press manages to catch him somewhere else). Ahhhhhh Gilles, you need to learn to take it easy, getting mad at yourself is not getting you anywhere these days :hug:.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/6998

Nalbandian came out on top with a score of 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 but not without plenty of drama and superb shot-making. Simon came out swinging and took a commanding lead to go up 3-0, breaking Nalbandianís service game easily. Nalbandian was only able to win one point on Simonís serve. It seemed that this match would be over quickly. However, Nalbandian pushed it up a gear and won the next three games. Things were starting to heat up, but Simon was still playing more solidly and moving better than Nalbandian. Nalbandian had only lost 9 games in the entire tournament going into todayís match, so the scoreline was staggering when Simon took the first set 6-3 in just 33 minutes. But, just as quickly as Simon had won the first set, he lost the second. There were four breaks of serve before Nalbandian went up 4-1. He was starting to look like the strong precise hitter we know, and the points won on his first serve nearly doubled in the second set. He began to play more freely and was very solid at the net. Nalbandian understood the pressure he put on his opponent and knew when to execute approach and drop shots. He also found the angles exceptionally well flustering his opponent to start yelling in French into the sky. In fact, both players were yelling and cheering themselves on, bringing more inspiring play onto the court, and getting the crowd even more involved.

The beginning of the third set saw the best tennis of the day so far. As quick and adept as Simon is, it was surprising that Nalbandian came out the winner on the nightís longest rally. Both continued hitting the ball incredibly low and quick, Nalbandian penetrating the back corners with precision each rally. On one rally Simon sent a deep shot that would normally be a winner and followed it up to the net. Nalbandian read his movement and sent a beautiful overhead lob past Simon that hit the baseline. Simon scrambled to get back but the ball bounced out of his reach. Nalbandian was on fire, taking a 2-0 lead, and couldnít miss. But then, he did.Simon put away a tricky forehand volley and Nalbandian seemed to be running out of steam. The score evened at 2-all. Then, all momentum was lost seeing each player dominate for a few points before being easily defeated the next, and on each otherís serves. In the ninth game, Nalbandian was serving for the match and he started hitting forehand bombs and took a chance on every shot. He closed the match with two aces. This is Nalbandianís first time in a semifinal this year and it was well-deserved.

Gilles Simon unfortunately never made it to do the press conference, but it came as no surprise. He was fiery and irritated with himself in the second and third sets and clearly his head was not in the right place at the end of the match. He has great shot-making abilities from the baseline and his backhand finds angles on the court to stress his opponents. His serve was inconsistent and probably proved to be his downfall as he became more agitated with himself.

lalaland
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Fatty won the title by storm. Gilles' the only 1 to get a set off King Dave, if there's any consolation ;).

Gilles' scheduled to play his first match in Toronto on Center Court tomorrow, 2nd match of the day and won't start until 1 pm. Not too optimistic regarding livestream on day 1 :(. We'll see. http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/421/op.pdf

Allez Gilles, please beat your nemesis.

P.S. Just checked and saw that TSN begins Roger's Cup coverage tomorrow starting at 1pm, so I take that they are showing Gilles match. Now, I feel better in finding a livestream. We'll see.

anastasia_ew
08-09-2010, 07:19 AM
if you need a free stream just sign up at www.bet365.com
i've been watching all the matches on that site for 2 years :D it's great! :wavey:

but-it's-ok
08-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks so much for your report Alli!:hug:

Good luck today Gilles! You CAN overcome your nemesis!:rocker2:

BlueLighthouse
08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Go Gillou, I'd like to see you vs RF hehehe... for the third accident.

ChangeofEnds
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi guys. I was in Toronto this weekend and saw Gilles a few times. I didn't actually make it to one of his practices because of the rain, but saw him around the hotel quite a bit. As far as I could tell, it looks like he brought Mom and Dad with him to Toronto as well as his coach and coach's son. He looked relaxed and happy hanging out with his family. He is so adorable in person. I caught him waiting for a car to the tournament in the lobby yesterday and couldn't resist asking for a photo. He was super nice about it and put down all his bags for the photo. Julien Benneteau's gf was nice enough to take the picture for me. It was too bad I couldn't make it to practice, but this was a pretty good alternative.

My photos from this weekend are available at http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/lubinskya/Rogers%20Cup%20Toronto/

If you haven't already checked it out, photos of Gilles practicing last weekend in Washington DC are available at http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/lubinskya/Legg%20Mason%20Tennis%20Classic/

More information and sightings are available on my blog, achangeofends.blogspot.com and my twitter account (which I updated like crazy this weekend): @achangeofends

lalaland
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank Alli for your report, I'm glad so many of you made it to this tourney. I hope he goes to D.C. again next year so you can all go again.

Thanks Andrea. Great picture of you and Gilles. I saw both his parents watching him in Nalby's match. It's good that he gets family accompanies him to the US season. Hope you get to see his matches in TO and have a good time.

Anatasia, we here in US cannot sign up for bet365. But it's all good, I see a stream http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=22406&tv_id=342&tid=1944&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=190

Gilles' match about to start. Allez Gilles.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the link Lala. :]

OT, did you see the two sets of Tour de France pics on The Big Picture? Impressive stuff (although some of them could be horror movie material :p)

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Stream already frozen. >_<

Another link: http://atdhe.net/20955/watch-atp-masters-toronto

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
3-2* Simon. One deep shot, the rest is Misha's UEs. -_-

Gilles' slice BH is back. :tape:

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Stay focused dude! Bad call happens and it's only the sixth game! :o

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the link Lala. :]

OT, did you see the two sets of Tour de France pics on The Big Picture? Impressive stuff (although some of them could be horror movie material :p)

no. What's The Big Picture?

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
One easy hold but still a break down. 4-5*

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm not hoping for much for this match, just hope he will fight til the bitter end and not give up. I think Misha is in his head so much that he can't think straight when he plays him.

The slice :lol:, glad he's trying something new though.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
no. What's The Big Picture?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/2010_tour_de_france_-_part_i.html

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/2010_tour_de_france_-_part_ii.html

anastasia_ew
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
ohh why the raaain ? :(((

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Damn! Rain! play stopped.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm not hoping for much for this match, just hope he will fight til the bitter end and not give up. I think Misha is in his head so much that he can't think straight when he plays him.
Yep playing defensive and insisting on Misha BH is pretty poor strategy, if one can call it a strategy.

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/2010_tour_de_france_-_part_i.html

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/2010_tour_de_france_-_part_ii.html

Wow, nice pics. I always love pictures of the peloton especially against the landscape. More blood shed in TDF this year than Texas Chain Saw Massacre :p. I think that's what the organizer so they include a stage on the cobblestone ;).

Squeegee out on court to dry.

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Yep playing defensive and insisting on Misha BH is pretty poor strategy, if one can call it a strategy.

I totally were expecting him to play very defensively against Misha, including just pushing the ball back to him :p. Like I said, it's probably not even a strategy, it's just that he has no clue how to play him so he just not even thinking and just keeping the ball in play and see how it goes.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Dinara one set up one break up! :dance:

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I totally were expecting him to play very defensively against Misha, including just pushing the ball back to him :p. Like I said, it's probably not even a strategy, it's just that he has no clue how to play him so he just not even thinking and just keeping the ball in play and see how it goes.
It's not hard to see how it will go if he let Misha play the way he likes --> shortcut toward turkey status! >_<

lalaland
08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
It's not hard to see how it will go if he let Misha play the way he likes --> shortcut toward turkey status! >_<

It'll take an off-day from Misha to change Gilles' fate :p. Kidding aside, I srsly don't care how he plays if he can somehow win one, I expect if there's a victory down the road, it will be an ugly one, but I don't care. Like you've been saying, his mental and his thinking hasn't been quite up to par these days, I don't see how I can expect him to miraculously gain clarity in his mind when he's playing his worst nemesis.

anastasia_ew
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
yey!!! the match is liveee! vamos gilleeesssss :eek:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:11 PM
This is so depressing.

loads of UE from Gilles.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Did he get a briefing or something during the rain delay? the pushing gets more intense and wide. :unsure:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
:help:

It's looking like his heart not in it anymore.
Someone needs to go give him a kick at the butt. :mad:

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
He's done, grilled and roasted (desperate anti-jinx :p).

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Misha :D helping out a bit and give our boy some hope. Break back. Now can Gilles hold?

turtle-rn
Oh! :D :angel:

lalaland
He's done, grilled and roasted (desperate anti-jinx :p).

Working well so far, keep it coming.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Serve & volley you sexy beast. :hearts:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Stream gone :mad:

Ok, got new one http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=22406&tv_id=342&tid=1944&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=190

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:25 PM
My stream got closed for copyright infringement!! :o

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Serve & volley you sexy beast. :hearts:

Damn, I missed that. :mad: stupid stream.

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Srsly weird to choose to start practicing his slice in this match of all match. I think even Misha is getting a bit confused by that. Give him another break :lol:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
My stream got closed for copyright infringement!! :o

Did u try my link? it's working fine http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=22406&tv_id=342&tid=1944&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=190

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
He holds for 4-1. Trying to not be too positive (since our pouring negativity has done so well so far ;) ). But that slice done wonder :D. I saw him smiling a little after drawing an error from Misha after slicing quite a bit in that rally. I think he may have started to relax a little bit.

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh no, they stopped for rain again :mad:. He was in control for this set. Better don't mess it up for him.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Hahaha Deck badrepped me for this post! :spit:

Or his haircut was meh but Roddick's was awful. :p

Dude, you've already ascertained proficiently on TF you dumbwit status on topic as simple as homosexuality, no need really to prove it furthermore on topic as complex as haircut.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Thx for the link. :]

Oh no, they stopped for rain again :mad:. He was in control for this set. Better don't mess it up for him.
They're staying on court?

anastasia_ew
08-09-2010, 07:41 PM
gillou is worried about the rain delay...aww how sweet :) :o

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Perfect time for dinner. lol

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:42 PM

You criticized Duckie's haircut? That's adding insult to injury :p.

...off court again for rain delay :mad:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 07:44 PM
gillou is worried about the rain delay...aww how sweet :) :o

That's a nice screencap. Thanks.

Ivanatis
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
rain breaks:rolleyes:

allez Gilles:rocker2:

Puschkin
08-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Damned rainbreak- Gilles had all the momentum!

lalaland
08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Simon/Youzhny's match is not on the scoreboard anymore? wtf :confused: does that mean anything? please don't tell me they cancel the afternoon session already :(.

misty1
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
it just means that right now they dont see play continuing any time soon and so have taken them off court.

whethyer its cancelled for the day or not remains to be seen

lalaland
08-09-2010, 08:52 PM
it just means that right now they dont see play continuing any time soon and so have taken them off court.

whethyer its cancelled for the day or not remains to be seen

Oh, ok.
Hopefully they can resume before the organizer cancel them to make way for the evening session.

misty1
08-09-2010, 09:00 PM
well right now its supposed to be raining in toronto until 10:00 local time which means the courts wouldnt be ready to play on until about 11:00

unless it stops raining before 10:00 i really dont see any more play today at all

lalaland
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
well right now its supposed to be raining in toronto until 10:00 local time which means the courts wouldnt be ready to play on until about 11:00

unless it stops raining before 10:00 i really dont see any more play today at all

oh. damn. well, too bad. :(

misty1
08-09-2010, 09:14 PM
it could stop raining and maybe they could finish the match still.. i dont know

but ofcourse if it stoips to late they'll have to go ahead and try and get the night matches in:rolleyes:

misty1
08-09-2010, 09:21 PM
there you go, the rain has stopped

play should start again in about an hour..hopefully gilles can maintain his momentum and take the second set and then hopefully he can finish before it rains again

never mind it only looked like it stopped , it is still pouring

lalaland
08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Misty. Hopefully they can resume play and Gilles will resume his momentum.

Cloudygirl
08-09-2010, 09:30 PM
stupid rain. Is raining here too. Sucks!!

misty1
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
its stopped raining and they have people on and drying the courts

play should resume in about half an hour..hopefully gilles can finish

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Is it really that impossible to figure out a way to cover the court effectively in order to cut down the drying time? Ok, I ask too much, afterall, human only manage makes car that will park itself :p.

Naina
08-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Good Luck Gillou :yeah: I give up coz I can't fight sleep anymore. Hope to see a good result for you in the morning :)

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Hopefully, there'll be good news for Naina and Gilles' European fans when they wake up tomorrow.

I'm watching the stream, them drying the court, I feel pathetic :o.

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Players coming out now. Yay

misty1
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
gilles should be playing again soon

although unless things go fast the chances of him finishing are slim

there is a 70% chance of rain in the evening

and a 40% chance of rain and thunder showers over night so.....we'll see

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM
On ES French website, the scoreline is presented as a definitve result. :o

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 10:53 PM
LOL! How come one of my post became a new thread? :spit:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
already under pressure in his serve, maybe we should pray for a future rain delay.

misty1
08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
great start:rolleyes:

0-30

15-30

come on gilles dont get broken!

15-40

..well all his momentum is gone and this sucks

misty1
08-09-2010, 10:56 PM
and he's broken:o

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Damn rain :mad:

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:57 PM
LOL! How come one of my post became a new thread? :spit:

:lol: was about to ask you about that.

misty1
08-09-2010, 10:57 PM
and now we'll watch as 4-1 becomes 4-6 or 5-7

lalaland
08-09-2010, 10:59 PM
on top of grilled and done, he's soaked and gone.:rolleyes:

Nat, work on your anti-jinx.

misty1
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
how's he looking?

lalaland
08-09-2010, 11:03 PM
how's he looking?

4-4, he looked pissed. but he hasn't start yelling yet, so that count as not bad.

But his chance looking really bad, 0-30 again.

misty1
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
15-40

good job gilles 5 games lost in a row..i could smack someone im so pissed and disappointed

this is very embarassing:o

4-1 to 4-5 in about 10 minutes

lalaland
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
He's gone, he's not even upset anymore after another UE to give away his serve. Damnit, Gilles.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
:lol: was about to ask you about that.
No clue, I've PMed Carlita, we'll see.

misty1
08-09-2010, 11:07 PM
youd think he could gain some kind of confidence and momentum from last week but no..he's got none

good job gilles you have managed to embarass yourself..again:o

lalaland
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, he just lost a pt and smashed himself, nice to see that he's still care. C'mon Gilles, still hope if it's not over yet.

misty1
08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
well he's done

he managed to lose 6-4 from 4-1 up in about 15 minutes

and third round points from last year are gone

he'll be out of the top 50 soon

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 11:12 PM
on top of grilled and done, he's soaked and gone.:rolleyes:

Nat, work on your anti-jinx.
Too late. :sad: I really wonder what happened in the locker room for him to lose all the momentum in such spectacular fashion.

turtle-rn
08-09-2010, 11:21 PM
The sad part is that Misha didn't have to play particularly well at any moment, Gilles pretty much self-defeated himself again. Waited for Misha on court interview but the stream is still frozen.

Ivanatis
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
:(rain delay cost him at least the second set, very unlucky

better luck for Cincy Gillou:rocker2:

lalaland
08-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Damn, that's sad. Not that I expect him to actually win it, but at least hoping that he won't self-destruct :o. I blame the rain :mad:. Oh, well, he better do well in Cincy. And I'm really really really hoping for a good draw there. Maybe we need the virgin sacrifice thing going.

lalaland
08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
I loved that tournament and definitely recommend it - even over IW. It's small but the people there are so nice (sure, there's always morons wherever you go, but on the whole people are very friendly). They offer a free shuttle to the tournament from the metro. Plus D.C. is an awesome city! :D

It sure sounds like a good tournament to go. It's a good size tournament that attracts good players. I only went to D.C. once a very long time ago, it's a great city to go. Certainly a good tournament to consider, but only if Gilles' going ;). I hope Gilles will go again, this tournament is not too out of the way timing-wise for him to fit it in his schedule, but then, his status will change next year, so who knows what his schedule will be like then.

I found itís getting harder and harder to get over his recent losses these days, Iím seriously getting a bit worry for him, his mental stage is so suspecting. I donít know how those WAGs handle it when their men suffer hard losses. As a fan, when my fave lost, I feel devastated like every time. Iím taking it way too seriously. Anyway, I just need to vent. I hope Gilles doesnít dwell on losses like his fans do.

Puschkin
08-10-2010, 05:47 AM
:mad: at that rainbreak.

but-it's-ok
08-10-2010, 07:23 AM
I got so tired I couldn't wait for resumption:o Gilles:sad::sad:

turtle-rn
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I found itís getting harder and harder to get over his recent losses these days, Iím seriously getting a bit worry for him, his mental stage is so suspecting. I donít know how those WAGs handle it when their men suffer hard losses. As a fan, when my fave lost, I feel devastated like every time. Iím taking it way too seriously. Anyway, I just need to vent. I hope Gilles doesnít dwell on losses like his fans do.
You're in danger of agreeing with me on that one. :p I found it suspecting last year in Marseilles and at Dubai, his attitude during changeovers was quite spectacular already. The novelty here was seeing him yelling angrily at Tulasne (" fuck, it didn't even touched the line") at the end of a game before the first rain suspension.

As for his depressing losses, I just find it more and more boring. *switches to swimming competitions* ^^

turtle-rn
08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
:mad: at that rainbreak.
It's actually rare to see you agreeing with l'Equipe. :p

lalaland
08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
You're in danger of agreeing with me on that one.

Yes...as much as I try to resist agreeing with you :(.

But then, I wasn't thinking there's nothing wrong with his mental, I just thought that if he starts winning a little, maybe he will begin to go easy on himself. But it just seems that every time he gets on court now he fights with his emotions, very counter-productive. I can think of a million reasons why he's the way he is now, but I guess there's no point of psychoanalyzing him, won't help him a bit anyway.

The novelty here was seeing him yelling angrily at Tulasne (" fuck, it didn't even touched the line") at the end of a game before the first rain suspension.

I want to yell at Tulasne too :p, what the hell has he done for Gilles lately :mad:. Ahhh, yes, when the only cheerleader for Tulasne turned against him, you know the situation is rather dire.

As for his depressing losses, I just find it more and more boring. *switches to swimming competitions* ^^
I like your strategy, when it's not winning, switch to something else that does win :p.
I just need the hockey season to start to distract me, so I can put my depression equally weighted among 2 sports when my team starts losing too :D. This time of the year when nothing is happening except tennis, I can't help but to pay too much attention to it. I feel like I need an intervention :p.

lalaland
08-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Well, while there's a whole week time to burn until another tournament comes (for Gilles), here's some interesting reading:

http://www.tennis.fm/2010/08/rainy-day-journal/

I read somewhere that Gilles was stuck in traffic getting to the facility yesterday morning, that caused the match start to get delayed. I suppose that he was late and that gave him little time to warm up for the match. Not at all saying that excuses a loss, just an interesting fact to share :cool:.

TennisFan2012
08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
It sure sounds like a good tournament to go. It's a good size tournament that attracts good players. I only went to D.C. once a very long time ago, it's a great city to go. Certainly a good tournament to consider, but only if Gilles' going ;). I hope Gilles will go again, this tournament is not too out of the way timing-wise for him to fit it in his schedule, but then, his status will change next year, so who knows what his schedule will be like then.

That's my hometown! Glad you had a good time (and it is a beautiful and interesting city, IMHO). The small tournaments are lots of fun esp. if you like someone who is not the most popular of the players, so you can see him on a side court at least in the early rounds, and you can be very close to the court. This year's weather for LM was not as brutal as it can be here--I don't know why LM got lucky, the summer is on track to be the hottest on record and it's nearly 100 degrees F again today. So I will warn anyone coming in the future to bear in mind that you have to be able to cope with the heat. That's true for Atlanta and Cincinnati as well, of course.

I think whenever a player is returning from injury, ups-and-downs are to be expected, and the pros learn to accept them and move on. I suspect Gilles will return to DC next year if he's fit and hasn't played too much by that time--he often plays the smaller US hardcourt tournaments. I think it's helpful for players' confidence to be able to play without the specter of the top 3-5 players looming over them--they can get in more matches and get some momentum.

lalaland
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Squotis :wavey:
The last time I went to D.C. was in a middle of a snow storm and it was freezing cold. I still have a good impression of the city though. I like city that looks very organized, the nation capital can't be more fitting the bill. I would love to go during summer so I can really walk around to all the places, didn't do that much walking the last time, I can only remembered how much I can't feel my feet cos it was too cold :o. I only want to go to vacation in hot places ;). This morning when I left my house, it's 58 degrees. I never quite understand why ppl here buy air-conditioners to deal with the occasional heat wave that lasts like 3 days :p.

Washington is quite ideal a tournament to attend, not too big but just big enough, in a good sight-seeing city, close enough to the big tournaments for the Europeans to come over to warm up for the biggies. Gilles doesn't like to spend too much time in US though. He was asked last year why he didn't defend his Indy title and he said he didn't want to spend 7 weeks here :rolleyes:. But this year since he's desperate for matches, he didn't mind spending 6 :D. But anyhow, we'll see, I hope he shows. It's nice to see that he has many fan supports there :D .

TennisFan2012
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi lalaland,

7 weeks is a very long time to be away from home; I can understand how he feels. But I'm afraid that is one of the reasons Indy lost its tournament to Atlanta--many European players probably felt the same way, making it harder to get sponsors, and fans to attend.

lalaland
08-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I wonder how was Atlanta this year, regarding their attendance. I can't think why they will be any better than Indy, except maybe Atlanta is a bigger city so chances are there's more tennis fans there? I don't see Gilles going there any time soon, unless he needs those small tourneys in case his ranking isn't good enough for the big one anymore :unsure:. Next year is even harder for Gilles to leave home. But anyway, if I'm going to a tournament, D.C. will be high on my list, now that I've scratched Ind. Wells off my list.

MsTree
08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone :wavey:
I was away camping and missed the match. so thanks for the commentary.
Gillou :( Don't like to hear he just gave up :o

lalaland
08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Les :wavey:

Hope you had a good time camping :D.

He didn't just give up, he just completely lost his rhythm after the second rain delay. And when he lost his serve the 2nd time bcos of a UE, I was expecting that he'll do his usual yelling in anger routine but he didn't. So I thought he just don't care anymore. But in the last game, he was trying to get the break back and he ran around and hit a big FH winner at return serve when he was down 0-30, and then when he missed the next pt, he was so mad that he smashed himself, so he did care and didn't give up. But it wasn't meant to be his day. :sad:

turtle-rn
08-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I want to yell at Tulasne too :p, what the hell has he done for Gilles lately :mad:. Ahhh, yes, when the only cheerleader for Tulasne turned against him, you know the situation is rather dire.
:eek: I think I'm gonna get some lottery tickets tomorrow. :p

I like your strategy, when it's not winning, switch to something else that does win :p.
It's not only about winning; he could be winning with that attitude, I'll still find it annoying, only less frustrating.

turtle-rn
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
:wavey: Les.

Hope you had a great holidays, gonna be my turn :dance: I'm packing atm;
only for a few days though, won't even miss Cincy. :sad:

MsTree
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Cheers guys, I had a great time :D Have fun Nat! Is Fran on holiday? Not seen her around for ages...
Thanks Lala, maybe I just picked out the most pessimistic posts. What do you mean he smashed himself? I'm thinking the worst here, did he draw blood?

lalaland
08-11-2010, 07:15 PM
:eek: I think I'm gonna get some lottery tickets tomorrow. :p

Do I get a share if you win? :angel:

It's not only about winning; he could be winning with that attitude, I'll still find it annoying, only less frustrating.
Okay, so if he loses while being calm and cool, you'll still be interested in watching then? Well, I hope he becomes calm and cool soon then, cos I like it more if more ppl watches with me here, it's more fun to criticize when there's ppl there to read my rants ;).

Hope you had a great holidays, gonna be my turn :dance: I'm packing atm;
only for a few days though, won't even miss Cincy. :sad:

Have a great time!

My entire family left for vacation yesterday, I got to stay at home all by myself :sad:. It's a really long week for me this week.

lalaland
08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Cheers guys, I had a great time :D Have fun Nat! Is Fran on holiday? Not seen her around for ages...
Thanks Lala, maybe I just picked out the most pessimistic posts. What do you mean he smashed himself? I'm thinking the worst here, did he draw blood?

I was wondering about Fran too, haven't seen her in ages.

No, no, no blood, he was hitting his leg really hard, that's all. He was at the far end of the screen and I saw a movement of his racket hitting himself and the commentator said something about him smashing himself with the racket, I can only vaguely remember. Not much damage since they didn't replay that :p. But you can tell he's really mad at himself, I'm glad that he wasn't as self-abusive as Misha :scared:.

Puschkin
08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Practicing at 11am: Center Court Gullickson sisters; Court 6 Jankovic; Court 7 Azarenka; Court 9 James Blake; Court 10 Simon
from Cincy twitter

clandis
08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Practicing at 11am: Center Court Gullickson sisters; Court 6 Jankovic; Court 7 Azarenka; Court 9 James Blake; Court 10 Simon
from Cincy twitter

I was there. He practiced for 2 hours, one of them with Clement. For most of the time, I was the only one watching. he was moving OK.

misty1
08-13-2010, 01:42 PM
he really needs to have a good tournament here

lalaland
08-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I was there. He practiced for 2 hours, one of them with Clement. For most of the time, I was the only one watching. he was moving OK.

Thanks for the report. Hope you have a good time attending the tourney. :D

lalaland
08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Must be hot in Cincy, Gilles' practicing shirt-less :eek:
http://twitpic.com/2e60ys
http://twitpic.com/2e5yx2

courtesy of olerafa's tweet, thanks.

MsTree
08-13-2010, 07:32 PM
:drool: Nice find :D

lalaland
08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Gilles draws a WC first round, phew (I was worried he gets Mika to continue his luck :p.
Poor Ritchie got Misha :scared:. Well, maybe not so bad for him, Misha's only Gilles' boogeyman.

Oh, shit, didn't realize that WC is Mardy Fish. With all the 4 WCs (Young, Blake, Ginepri, and Fish) he draws the strongest one, damn, no luck. :mad:
If he gets past Fish, he'll get Verdasco, and 3rd round seeded player is Misha :scared:, he's in Murray's QF if he gets that far. Well, one match at a time, hopefully he gets at least one.
H to H against Fish, 1-0, last meeting Sydney 08, 7-6 6-1.

http://assets.usta.com/assets/663/15/MDS.pdf

With a QF to defend in Cincy, his chance of getting seeded in USO is rather slim. But we'll see what happens in Cincy.

Allez Gilles.

MsTree
08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Horrible draw! :( Poor Gillou. Verdasco's looking the shakiest of all of those but I'm not sure he'll get that far. :tape:

misty1
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
yeah....gilou isnt getting to the quarters this year:sad:

lalaland
08-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Gilles' not on Monday's OOP, so he will start his Cincy campaign on tuesday then. Good Luck Gillou!

misty1
08-16-2010, 02:27 PM
he could still be seeded for the us open

he is porjected to drop to around 40 if he loses in the first round here

but withdrawls could pull him up into a seeded position

he could need 8 and there's already 3 or 4 i can think of

lalaland
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think there'll be that many withdrawals, there's 6 of the top 32 in Cincy and the rest who's injured and out most of the past 2 mths like Monaco, Stepanek are all back in Cincy and most definitely for USO. And Montanes is only out because he couldn't bother to come play the 1000s, just like last year. But I think he will show up for USO.

Anyway, I think if Gilles loses to Fish, he has no chance for seeding. But if he can win just 1 match, the odds will be significantly improved. We'll see what happen tomorrow.

lalaland
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Gilles vs Fish, 2nd match on center court tomorrow, not before 1pm local time.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/422/op.pdf

Allez Gillou!

Naina
08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
I am gonna sleep all day and watch tennis all nite :banana: Lots of french candy on offer :bounce:

anastasia_ew
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
I am gonna sleep all day and watch tennis all nite :bounce:

same here!!! thx God gillou will play this evening instead of later in the night !! hope he will defeat Fish !! :angel:

Puschkin
08-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Lots of french candy on offer :bounce:

http://www.welovetennis.fr/medias/images/Cincinnati%20frenchy.JPG

Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-cincinnati/26341-une-journee-100-frenchy

I like those three. :D:D:D

anastasia_ew
08-17-2010, 05:12 PM
gilles started the match with an ace !! here's a pic :D

MsTree
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Allez Gilles!!! :D

but-it's-ok
08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone:wavey:

Going fine so far,allez Gilles!:rocker2:

MsTree
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I missed the first game but his serve looks good :)