Why does Hewitt fidget so much? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why does Hewitt fidget so much?

JonBcn
09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
It's so annoying, like an obsessive compulsive disorder or something: every time he sits down he spends 90 seconds repeatedly doing the same jerky movements and fiddling with his chain, his sweatbands, his hair etc. Has he ever been asked about it? I assume its a nervous thing...

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 09:56 PM
It's probably a nervous habit that never died. It could be worse. At least he doesn't pick at his ass all match.

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 09:57 PM
lol yeah thats true

faboozadoo15
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
the worst thing about watching hewitt is watching him make his white hat dirty merely by touching it... does he wash his hands? i mean, roger touches his white headband a great deal and it's always immaculate, but hewitt's hats always look dingy by the end of the match.

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 10:30 PM
i remember at wimbly he had this big dirty spot on his white hat that looked like clay...then they showed a clip of him from roland garros compared to him at wimbly and it had the same clay spot in the same place. so he was wearing the same freaking hat from the clay season and didnt even bother to wash it

Hagar
09-12-2004, 10:51 PM
You know what I think? I think that you are a bunch of pathetic idiots who are complete losers and have never achieved anything in your life. And that's why you enjoy to make fun of a guy of 23 years old who has earned already 100x as much money as you will ever make in your life.
You'd better do what Lleyton does and be sporty and recognize the supremacy of Roger.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 10:52 PM
You know what I think? I think that you are a bunch of pathetic idiots who are complete losers and have never achieved anything in your life. And that's why you enjoy to make fun of a guy of 23 years old who has earned already 100x as much money as you will ever make in your life.
You'd better do what Lleyton does and be sporty and recognize the supremacy of Roger.

Oh, puhleeeeeze, grow up....

¿esquímaux?
09-12-2004, 10:57 PM

That's Mr. pathetic idiot to you :lol::D:p

JonBcn
09-12-2004, 10:58 PM

Oh calm down, i'm not making fun of anyone, I'm asking a question about an unusual personality trait. Roger has nothing to do with the fidgeting, he always does it, and thats what i was curious about...

Hagar
09-12-2004, 10:58 PM

YOU should grow up.

Goenitz_196
09-12-2004, 11:02 PM

Why? Because he is obviously right?

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:04 PM

LOL

Hagar - CHILL. It was merely an observation.

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:06 PM
We should probably give Hagar the benefit of the doubt here. She did just watch one of her favourites get totally slaughtered... even if the comments were out of place an ridiculous, I've done worse ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:06 PM
i remember at wimbly he had this big dirty spot on his white hat that looked like clay...then they showed a clip of him from roland garros compared to him at wimbly and it had the same clay spot in the same place. so he was wearing the same freaking hat from the clay season and didnt even bother to wash it
I was under the impression that he was supersticious? I highly doubt he doesn't usually wash his clothing and what not.

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 11:09 PM
I was under the impression that he was supersticious? I highly doubt he doesn't usually wash his clothing and what not.

oh im not making fun of him or critisizing him at all. i actually really like him. i just though that was funny, when i saw that earlier this summer at wimbly

JonBcn
09-12-2004, 11:10 PM
I was under the impression that he was supersticious?

Thats what I was questioning, although obviously I should have been more clear to avoid upsetting the more sensitive members of the board...is it superstition, or habit? It's like a ritual, almost akin to Conchita Martinez's nuances, but there's no pattern to it like her behaviour. He generally seems uncomfortable with his hat, his hair etc, and you just want to scream "Take it off if its bothering you!" "Shave your hair off if its annoying!"

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Why can't I spell? I'll save that one for another day.

I imagine that the dirty hat thing is superstition, but that the fidgetting is a nervous habit. He probably doesn't even realize that he does it.

For example, as I made reference to earlier, Nadal picks at his ass every couple points. He's been asked about it and says that he doesn't even really notice he's doing it anymore. Hewitt's fidgetting is probably much like that.

JonBcn
09-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Nadal picks at his ass every couple points.

Yikes, I'd never noticed that.

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Yikes, I'd never noticed that.
Lucky you

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
lol. yeah he is always picking at his ass. but think about it, even if nadal was questioned about it, do u think he would straight out say, oh yeah i always pick at my butt. but yeah i agree with the other stuff. half the time these players probably dont even realize they are doing it.

Chloe le Bopper
09-12-2004, 11:29 PM
lol. yeah he is always picking at his ass. but think about it, even if nadal was questioned about it, do u think he would straight out say, oh yeah i always pick at my butt. but yeah i agree with the other stuff. half the time these players probably dont even realize they are doing it.
Well, he did give an honest answer to the question once.

Knockers LaBroad
09-12-2004, 11:33 PM
It's just superstition with Lleyton. All this fidgeting, it's just his own way to keep focused. And the hat is a lucky hat. Kim said she washes it but the dirt kept on the hat.:p

No need to get itchy...

SLICK
09-12-2004, 11:36 PM
He shares that idiosyncrasy with John Mcenroe who was forever fidgeting between points, tugging at shirt etc. He is just using up excess nervous energy. :cool:

maratski
09-13-2004, 07:31 PM
When I saw Lleyton in Rotterdam this year he was picking his ass all the time. I thought that was one of his habits :confused:

tommy_girl
09-13-2004, 08:05 PM
It's just superstition with Lleyton. All this fidgeting, it's just his own way to keep focused. And the hat is a lucky hat. Kim said she washes it but the dirt kept on the hat.:p

No need to get itchy...

i thought so too.. :)

tennischick
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
a lot of tennis players have superstitious rituals. one of the Potato's is that he won't wash a "lucky" hat until the end of the tourny. his twitching i think is part of his focusing routine, like staring at the strings of his racket and constantly seeming to adjust those as well. but he is not alone in this. Justine has a number of superstitious rituals as well. and we have all heard Andre bark "GET BACK!" to the line kids who dare to change from their original position when he played the last point. the twitchiest player i ever saw was this Spanish guy in the juniors. his last name is Alcalde. talk about OCD rituals! wow. you guys will have a field day if he ever makes it to the pro tour. the boy is a mess of twitching and jerking.

Chloe le Bopper
09-13-2004, 11:09 PM
When I saw Lleyton in Rotterdam this year he was picking his ass all the time. I thought that was one of his habits :confused:
Oh dear... I hadn't noticed that he did that too :sad:

tennischick
09-13-2004, 11:36 PM
he doesn't pick his ass. he adjust his underwear. constantly. it looks like he has a constant wedgie that's bothering him.

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 11:39 PM
he doesn't pick his ass. he adjust his underwear. constantly. it looks like he has a constant wedgie that's bothering him.

I think that's what they meant by "picking his ass" :confused:

He's not literally doing it :confused: :confused:

SLICK
09-14-2004, 12:31 AM
I suggest Lleyton invests in some comfortable boxer briefs. Those bikini briefs of his are riding up his ass constantly. I think i might send him a set this christmas. Anyone know his size?

tangerine_dream
09-14-2004, 01:22 AM
I've noticed that most of the players have nervous habits out there. So what? I actually find it endearing. Even Roger has nervous habits (always fixing his fabulous hair between points) :)

On second thought, Agassi's snot bombs, those aren't so endearing to watch :scratch: .... and Nadal's ass picking that's not cute, either :retard: ....ok, never mind, some habits are more endearing than others. ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-14-2004, 03:07 AM
That's exactly what Nadal does, and that is what I meant by "picking his ass". I just like to be as vulgar and rude about it as possible.

Damn, Nadal has even more Hewitt in him than I already thought :o

¿esquímaux?
09-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Well with a trunk like Nadal's, who wouldn't have a constant wedgy? :D

Daniel
09-14-2004, 07:36 AM
Lleyton :hug: