Hey, did you hear that guy f**k up 'God Bless America'? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hey, did you hear that guy f**k up 'God Bless America'?

Tennis Fool
09-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Good thing it isn't the National Anthem :lol:

faboozadoo15
09-12-2004, 08:41 PM
that was the worst thing i have ever heard in my entire life...
he didn't even have a good voice while singing the wrong words! :tape:

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 08:41 PM
lol but yeah...it was bad...

Juanquis.Angel
09-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Haha, yeah, I wasn't very impressed.

faboozadoo15
09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Haha, yeah, I wasn't very impressed.
:haha: impressed? far from impressed... appalled is more like it.

i felt like someone needed to get a banjo and sing "second verse, same as the first..."

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Good thing I missed it.

Juanquis.Angel
09-12-2004, 09:05 PM
:haha: impressed? far from impressed... appalled is more like it.

i felt like someone needed to get a banjo and sing "second verse, same as the first..."

:lol:

jbone_14
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
God it was horrible!!! He skipped a whole verse and kept on repeating "God Bless America" when he should have gone into another verse. Not to mention that his timing and beat was just way off and the last note was horrible!!! The must have rehearsed once, 30 minutes ago. :haha:

MisterQ
09-12-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm glad I left the room to make some pasta when he was singing. :yeah:

Tennis Fool
09-12-2004, 09:08 PM
At one point, he couldn't make up any more words, and just did "mounta--. hum hum".

MisterQ
09-12-2004, 09:13 PM
:lol:

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm glad I left the room to make some pasta when he was singing. :yeah:

I turned the TV to the Food Network. Trying to get some more amazing new recipe ideas.

MisterQ
09-12-2004, 09:26 PM
I turned the TV to the Food Network. Trying to get some more amazing new recipe ideas.

You weren't enjoying the Irving Berlin casserole? ;)

faboozadoo15
09-12-2004, 09:28 PM
did anyone cry? i would have found it perfectly fitting if they had zoomed in on a crying child when this was all said and done...

jbone_14
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
If they let him sing, hell they should have let Rosa and Jaimie do a duet of God Bless America. They were the finalist of WB's Superstar. :lol: :haha: "New York can you handle this", "US Open can you handle this", and "New York are you ready for JAIMIE"!!!! :lol:

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:32 PM
You weren't enjoying the Irving Berlin casserole? ;)

Missed it, dang. Maybe I'll get the recipe on the website.

superpinkone37
09-12-2004, 09:33 PM
If they let him sing, hell they should have let Rosa and Jaimie do a duet of God Bless America. They were the finalist of WB's Superstar. :lol: :haha: "New York can you handle this", "US Open can you handle this", and "New York are you ready for JAIMIE"!!!! :lol:

LMAO at least it would have been freaking hilarious

Jennay
09-12-2004, 09:34 PM
It was the most disgusting, horrific, pathetic excuse for singing I have ever heard :tape:

Who hired this guy?

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:36 PM
LMAO at least it would have been freaking hilarious

Getting Carmen from American Idol, season 2 would have been even more hilarious. Hearing her goat girl voice would've been the highlight of our day.

jbone_14
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
No Rosa was the funniest, Im sorry nobody can beat her. She forgot the words to the world known song Bootylicious and started singing something else. If you would have seen her shaking her ass and saying Hollywood can you handle this you would have died laughing.

sigmagirl91
09-12-2004, 09:48 PM
No Rosa was the funniest, Im sorry nobody can beat her. She forgot the words to the world known song Bootylicious and started singing something else. If you would have seen her shaking her ass and saying Hollywood can you handle this you would have died laughing.

Damn, I missed that.

alfonsojose
09-12-2004, 10:30 PM
That man was somebody from "american asshole" :speakles: ?

Coleburg83
09-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Forget about that, what about the guy making the statements at the beginning of the trophy ceremonies?

Damn, talk about stupidity ruining the moment, did he even know what sport this was? Lamest stuff I have ever heard.

sigmagirl91
09-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Forget about that, what about the guy making the statements at the beginning of the trophy ceremonies?

Damn, talk about stupidity ruining the moment, did he even know what sport this was? Lamest stuff I have ever heard.

Damn, I did miss a lot in the opener. Oh, well....

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 12:27 AM
You mean then USTA prez :confused:

Coleburg83
09-13-2004, 12:30 AM
No, after the match was over, the guy that was saying "You proved it was easy Federer" and then told some lame jokes and just sounded so stupid.

sigmagirl91
09-13-2004, 12:31 AM
No, after the match was over, the guy that was saying "You proved it was easy Federer" and then told some lame jokes and just sounded so stupid.

No, I didn't miss that. I almost went through the TV on that guy. He was such a moron.

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 12:35 AM
That was the USTA prez. The one who turned Sveta into a man, and I believe last year called Justine "Christine".

I thought his comments were all right. He seemed to want people to know he knew both players unlike the Russian girls.

Billabong
09-13-2004, 12:35 AM
lol;)!

sigmagirl91
09-13-2004, 12:36 AM
That was the USTA prez. The one who turned Sveta into a man, and I believe last year called Justine "Christine".

I thought his comments were all right. He seemed to want people to know he knew both players unlike the Russian girls.

I missed last night's match. What did he say about Sveta? She sounds like a man, I can tell that much.

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Sveta was a babbling teenager yesterday. Very fun to watch.

He called her "Kuznetsov". Then tried to pass it off without saying anything, but the crowd went dead silent. Then he blurted: "Well, I tried! I practiced!"

Auscon
09-13-2004, 01:39 AM

He called her "Kuznetsov". Then tried to pass it off without saying anything, but the crowd went dead silent. Then he blurted: "Well, I tried! I practiced!"

So he tried and practiced to remember the names of 2 people, and ended up getting one wrong lol

Our commentators were talking while they briefly went to centre court, right at the last 5 seconds of that guy singing the song, but even in only those 5 seconds, and with Newcombe and Stolle talking, I could still tell that guy screwed it :)

Still, we've heard plenty of that stuff.....ie Rugby/Netball matches in nz where they forgot the words to the Australian national anthem, and one of them even tried to disguise it by humming verses lol

¿esquímaux?
09-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Good thing I missed it.

Ditto ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

EHendrick
09-13-2004, 10:09 AM
:lol: at this thread and its title. All I heard was the line that should've been "from the mountains...to the valleys" was sung "from the mountains...to the craters" the CRATERS?! From the mountains TO THE CRATERS?? I couldn't believe my ears. And then I must've muted the rest, lol.

Vass
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Man this USO is....

sigmagirl91
09-13-2004, 11:01 AM
:lol: at this thread and its title. All I heard was the line that should've been "from the mountains...to the valleys" was sung "from the mountains...to the craters" the CRATERS?! From the mountains TO THE CRATERS?? I couldn't believe my ears. And then I must've muted the rest, lol.

The craters? :eek:

¿esquímaux?
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM

Oh my! :spit::haha::haha: I missed it :o:lol:

baseline ace
09-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Horrible singing and horrible that he didn't even know the words. When did they tell him he was going to sing, five minutes before he went on? I don't think so.

*Ljubica*
09-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Our TV didn't switch over to Arthur Ashe Court til the players actually walked out on court, so we had to listen to Peter Fleming instead. At the time I was irritated and wanted to see the opening ceremony, but now I'm glad I didn't - maybe Sky TV knew something I didn't!

azza
09-13-2004, 01:31 PM
what happened i didnt see this

jmp
09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I was so embarrassed for the guy and anybody who had to witness that travesty that I wasn't going to comment. But, this thread is :haha: :haha:

The craters... :rolls:

You can't walk two feet in NY without coming across a "good" singer not to mention all the great voices in the city. Why, oh why, this guy?? :confused:

Between his atrocious rendition of whatever he thought he was singing and those executives, I want to :lol: and :rolleyes: at the same time.

One more... :haha:

jtipson
09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Why on earth do they do all this American patriotism stuff at the before the finals anyway? I think at least they should play the national anthems of the finalists as *well*, if not instead. It didn't matter so much this year, when there were two non-Americans in both finals, but last year when it was an American and a Spaniard, it was disgraceful, imo.

MisterQ
09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Why on earth do they do all this American patriotism stuff at the before the finals anyway? I think at least they should play the national anthems of the finalists as *well*, if not instead. It didn't matter so much this year, when there were two non-Americans in both finals, but last year when it was an American and a Spaniard, it was disgraceful, imo.

I think they should dispense with it entirely. Political considerations aside, music sounds awful in that stadium, and the arrangements they use are bombastic and outside the bounds of good taste, imo.

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I think they should dispense with it entirely. Political considerations aside, music sounds awful in that stadium, and the arrangements they use are bombastic and outside the bounds of good taste, imo.

It's an American tradition, prior to the sporting event to sing the National Anthem. Since this is once a year, the have to roll out the Marines. How did they not crack their faces, I don't know, but they opened the flag on the court with no problems while that guy squawked.

BTW, he was announced as "Arista recording artist..." so he has a record deal.

I knew something was going to go wrong. He looked so nervous and took 10 seconds to begin. Maybe he was the understudy.

tennischick
09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
who was this guy?

Tennis Fool
09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
:shrug: I have no clue.

Here are the very deep lines to "GBA":
God, bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her,
And guide her
Through the night with a light from above.

From the mountains
To the prairies
To the oceans white with foam,
God, bless America,
My home, sweet home.

tennischick
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
:lol: :lol: even Rosanne remembered the words! :tape:

tennischick
09-13-2004, 10:49 PM
just found out i a thread at WTAworld that his name is Ricky Fante.

Leo
09-14-2004, 12:23 AM

The best newtork in the world!

Darn, I missed the butchered performance. I wish I saw it.

Leo
09-14-2004, 12:25 AM

Sveta didn't babble at all! You're mixing up Maria from Wimbledon and Sveta two nights ago. I also thought Elena's speech was very eloquent and fitting, as well as gracious. Hopefully she'll snag a Slam next year.

faboozadoo15
09-14-2004, 04:14 AM
:lol: :lol: even Rosanne remembered the words! :tape:
well roseanne sang the star spangled banner, and people don't give credit to roseanne for how smart she is/must have been. i know she's a crazy/power hungry/bitch, but man, it sure worked for her there for a while...