Lets Go MARDY!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jennay
09-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Please don't remind me that Mardy is playing in Delray :tears:

I was suppose to go and see him but I couldn't find a hotel to stay in :sad:

Good luck Mardy :)

Deboogle!.
09-12-2004, 05:55 PM
:scratch: :eek: Mardy is playing doubles with his COACH.. and James is playing doubles with Jeff Morrison.... what???

Aleksa's Laydee
09-12-2004, 06:51 PM
:scratch: :eek: Mardy is playing doubles with his COACH.. and James is playing doubles with Jeff Morrison.... what???

How coooooooool!!!!!!!!!! LOADS AND LOADS of luck to them :D :worship: :D :worship:

Deboogle!.
09-12-2004, 07:23 PM
yea but..... why aren't Mardy and James playing TOGETHER? :confused:

andyroxmysox12191
09-12-2004, 09:00 PM
good luck to mardy :hug: and james :hug:

superpinkone37
09-13-2004, 01:34 AM
good luck mardy!!! and james too!!! they should be playing doubles together though...

Deboogle!.
09-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Does anyone know if any of the Delray matches will be telecast on ESPN or anywhere else?

Not on tv at all to my knowledge :mad:

tangerine_dream
09-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Does Mardy play tomorrow? And who does he plan on losing to this time? :o

sorry, I've been feeling cynical lately ...

Éowyn
09-14-2004, 04:41 AM
I was suppose to go and see him but I couldn't find a hotel to stay in :sad:

stay with mardy i'm sure ally wouldn't mind ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Good Luck Mardy today!!! :banana:

HEiKE
09-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Yea, best of luck for today Mardy!!

Jennay
09-14-2004, 10:48 PM
:worship:

Doubles - First Round
(WC)Fish/Jones d (3)Garcia/Prieto 76(9) 64

Here is a pic of Mardy and James from Delray's website :hearts:
I wish I could've gone to the tourney and see them :(

martirogi
09-15-2004, 01:05 AM
that damn spadea is the number 1 seed :fiery: mardy show him who's the real number 2 american

Deboogle!.
09-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Mardy won his first round match 61 62 :eek: he actually had an easy win for once :haha:

tangerine_dream
09-15-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow, that's almost Federer-esque. ;) Nice job, Mardy. :worship:

Éowyn
09-15-2004, 02:23 AM
well done fishy wishy :)

snaillyyy
09-15-2004, 02:50 AM
Fish makes quick work of fellow American
Sept. 14, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Second-seeded Mardy Fish defeated qualifier Andres Pedroso in straight sets Tuesday night in the first round of the Millennium International Tennis Championships.

A silver medalist at the Athens Olympics, Fish needed just 59 minutes to defeat fellow American Pedroso, who qualified for his first ATP main draw this week. Fish, from nearby Vero Beach, improved to 24-15 with the 6-1, 6-2 victory.

"I think I really played well," said Fish, who won his first-round doubles match Monday. "I felt like if I could get on top of him early, he might get a little nervous and go for some shot he normally wouldn't. I think that's what happened.

"I want to play well here. I played well here in the past. The goal is to win the tournament. There's definitely some good players standing in my way."

Fish's win followed a victory by close friend James Blake, who beat local wild-card entry Adrian Bohane 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. It was Blake's first ATP match win since April, when he reached the quarterfinals at the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston.

It was just the third ATP appearance by Blake since he sustained a neck injury in May. Blake also has battled the Zoster virus, which has wrought havoc with his balance and a facial nerve for the past two months.

"I was going out there to have a good time and see how I did," Blake said. "I wouldn't say I'm 100 percent, but this is definitely a good indication for me that I can win a tour-level match."

Fish said he was encouraged by Blake's play.

"It's tough, being out so long," Fish said. "It doesn't matter who you play, every win is huge."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Deboogle!.
09-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Mardy plays again tomorrow not before 7:30

pieross
09-15-2004, 05:13 AM
Go mardy,win the match please!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Well done Mardy :woohoo:

Deboogle!.
09-15-2004, 03:22 PM
So Mardy will play Mello Yello... but I read somewhere it might rain again today in Florida :o

Jennay
09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Wow Mardy, two match wins in a tournament :worship: Not in the same event though ;)

LOL Deb, what do you expect? Its Florida during the wettest part of the season :D

Nice to see James out there again :hug:

-sOfia-
09-15-2004, 11:21 PM
yay Mardy! :D

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 01:58 AM
R Mello (BRA) d (2)M Fish (USA) 57 64 64

This is really getting ridiculous

Mardy served at 4-5 in both sets and lost them both. :banghead:

snaillyyy
09-16-2004, 02:33 AM
:mad: Mardy!!! what is going on :scratch: :bolt:

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 03:42 AM
I was wrong, he didn't drop serve to lose the sets :o
--------
But it was Fish, the Olympic silver medalist, who won the first set with a break in the 12th game. The second set was full of breaks and missed opportunities for both players. Mello and Fish both saved a break point early in the set, while Mello broke Fish in the fifth game only to immediately concede his advantage to the American.

Fish was broken again in the ninth game while Mello saved four break points to serve out the set and take the match into a decider. In the third set, two of Fish's nine double faults came as he was broken in the ninth game. Mello then saved three break points as he clinched a place in his first ATP quarterfinal of the season and the fourth of his career. He will now meet Jerome Golmard, a 6-3, 6-2 winner over fellow Frenchman Sebastien De Chaunac.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 04:36 AM
um.......ohmygosh
------
Mello Upsets Fish at Delray Beach

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. - Ricardo Mello upset second-seeded Mardy Fish 5-7, 6-4, 6-4 Wednesday and advanced to the third round of the Millennium International Tennis Championships.

Third-seeded Mario Ancic beat Amer Delic 6-1, 6-3 in a second-round match.

The 28th-ranked Fish, who won an Olympic silver medal in Athens, was up one set and leading 4-3 in the second, when the left-handed Mello took over in the first-ever meeting between the players.

"It wasn't really a clean match for me," said Fish, who had 11 aces but double-faulted nine times. "I felt like I hit my first serve pretty well, and just missed my second serve at key times of the match."

The 23-year-old Mello entered the match with an 11-15 career record on the ATP Tour, but has played well in his last two tournaments: the Challenger in Brazil and the U.S. Open in New York earlier this month.

"I knew that to return his serve was very, very difficult," Mello said through a translator. "I knew that I had to return about 90 to 100 percent, and play well from the baseline, or I'd never have a chance."

Fish, who lost in the finals of last year's ITC, grew visibly frustrated in the late stages of the match and it cost him against the steady Mello, who saved 80 percent of his break points on service.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Serve, temper betray Fish
By Charles Elmore

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, September 16, 2004

DELRAY BEACH — Nine double faults and eight missed break points amounted to a racket-pounding headache for Mardy Fish.

Fish, the Athens Olympics silver medalist and No. 2 seed at the Millennium International Tennis Championships, failed to overcome Ricardo Mello's steady game or his own mistakes in a 5-7, 6-4, 6-4 loss in the second round Wednesday night.

"I missed my second serve at key points in the match," Fish said. "If I served five, six or even seven double faults, I might have pulled the match out."

Fish struck 11 aces but landed just 47 percent of his first serves and 74 percent of his second. He slammed his racket into the court, pounded his strings with his fist, and even bounced a ball into the stands near a fan who advised him, "Just play."

Fish failed to capitalize on three chances to break Mello's serve in the final game alone.

Mello, a 23-year-old Brazilian who reached the third round of the U.S. Open this year, said through a translator, "I feel confident because I beat the No. 2-seeded guy. I am feeling like I can keep winning matches and win this tournament."

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
:banghead: when will these guys learn that when they show that they're upset on court it helps their opponents :banghead:
=======
Mello ousts Fish at Delray

By Michael Cunningham
Staff Writer
Posted September 16 2004

Delray Beach · After wondering out loud at times why he couldn't get the ball over the net, Mardy Fish had little reaction the final time he hit one short.

With that mishit on match point, Fish's bid to return to the final of the Millennium International Tennis Championships ended quietly. Ricardo Mello prevailed 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, and the tournament will have new finalists this year after Fish joined 2003 winner Jan-Michael Gambill on the sidelines.

Fish was perturbed about hitting so many balls into the net.

"It all has to do with movement," Fish said. "Sometimes I get a little lazy with my feet. It wasn't really a clean match for me. It all comes down to execution against a guy like that."

Mello, a 23-year old Brazilian, is unseeded but made the third round of the recent U.S. Open. He was efficient, persistent, and patient while earning a quarterfinals appearance against Jerome Golmard.

Fish, meanwhile, was mostly frustrated, muttering to himself about mistakes, challenging a few line calls and slamming his racket to the ground during a difficult stretch of the third set.

"It made me more confident seeing he was upset like that," Mello said through a interpreter.

Fish had two good chances to close out the match in the second set but couldn't convert on either.

With the set tied at 4-4, Fish went up 30-0 with a sizzling 125 mph ace. But he lost the next four points, losing the game when he charged the net but once again hit the ball short.

Fish had triple break point against Mello in the next game, but Mello responded with an ace, a line call Fish disputed, and then hit a winner that Fish dived for in vain.

Fish earned the advantage but hit another ball into the net. Mello won the next two points for the set.

The players were on serve in the final set until Fish double- faulted to go down 5-4. Fish climbed back from 0-30 in the final game to gain the advantage, but hit into the net for deuce and then lost on the final short ball.

tangerine_dream
09-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Crap Mardy, I'm so sick of you :banghead:

snaillyyy
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Until Mardy learns how to control his temper on court and not let it cause him to lose a match this is going to continue to happen to him

martirogi
09-16-2004, 03:35 PM
And after some hope he could win a home tourney my sig still holds true :fiery: :banghead: :armed:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-16-2004, 04:19 PM
pffffffff mardy...what the hell is with you :fiery: :mad:

Jennay
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Mardy :crying2: So much for me going this weekend and seeing you. :ras:

Rant. :fiery:

Why is he doing this bullshit? The last 3 matches he has lost he has had a meltdown. The Olympic Finals, R2 at the Open, and the 2nd round in Delray. He had control of all these matches and became lazy. When he has to go to a deciding set his brain goes :retard: . His temper flies, and he can't control himself. Why is he doing this? This isn't the Mardy that I like to see. I love emotion, but when it costs you matches, its horrible. I don't understand it.. he has a beautiful game and he has amazing talent. I wish I could transplant a smart, dependable brain into his head. These brain farts are going to hold him back from earning the big ones. Mardy.. please get yourself together :sad:

Golfnduck
09-16-2004, 07:11 PM
MARDY!!! :mad: WHAT THE HELL!!! COME ON BOY!!! He needs to stop losing to these no name players!!! CONTROL YOURSELF MARDY!!!

melissa7
09-16-2004, 08:44 PM
:banghead: That's it... I'm through with Mardy until he proves to me that he has his head on straight.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Malisse/Merklein d (WC)Fish/Jones 36 63 62

Good. Get your lazy, lousy ass over to Austin with the DC team.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Mardy.. please get yourself together :sad:

I so agree :fiery: :mad: god mardy i'm a fan but really this is poooor, rainer schuettler type poor :lol:

Start winning again in the DC, if you get chosen to play a singles... :scratch:

Deboogle!.
09-17-2004, 02:50 PM
he HAS to play singles... Mike is not healthy and Bob isn't very good (Though he is a better singles player than Mike). Mardy has to play singles and he has to win. This is getting ridiculous, and it's getting really hard to support him.

Deboogle!.
09-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Well at least he's a good guy

"Mardy "Silver" Fish took a wildcard into the Delray Beach doubles draw with his coach Kelly Jones, and donated his prize money from the doubles to the hurricane relief efforts in Delray Beach."

Jennay
09-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Awww Mardy :hearts: That's so sweet :)

Deboogle!.
09-17-2004, 10:19 PM
yea but they lost in the QF. that ain't much money in dubs :lol:

-sOfia-
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Mardy wtf is up with you!damnit! :mad: :sad: :sobbing:

binkygirl
09-18-2004, 10:01 PM

James is coming back from an injury.. that's probably why..