Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

FormerRafaFan
07-11-2010, 06:48 PM
What the title says.. I was practically thrown out of the other thread, so if anyone wants to talk, all are welcome. Both new and old fans. We are all friendly in here. No trolls, fedtards or rafahaters allowed in this chat thread.

EDIT: No hateful remarks about Rafa here please. Those who do will be reported.

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey Sokk

Congrats to Rafa

How are you doing?

FormerRafaFan
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey Sokk

Congrats to Rafa

How are you doing?

Hi.

Yes! Congrats to Rafa and Spain, amazing huh? I just LOVE the outfit. He's such an awesome supporter for his country team.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/128506455.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278932154&Signature=m%2B2c7h8OrPwCWp%2FaRLKmAutE%2BY4%3D

I'm not doing terribly well.. I got a warning here on MTF, which is both hilarious and ironic as people have said MUCH worse stuff than that one thing I said, but whatever.. I think people can get away with it since everyone hates Rafa here and loves Federer, which I think is crazy, but whatever.

Otherwise I'm doing fine I guess.. what about you, how are you doing? happy that Spain won yesterday?

born_on_clay
07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
hi all :)
good to see someone opening a new thread for Rafa's "real" fans ;)

FormerRafaFan
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Great to see other people like it. Now we should start to use it more often, so spread the word :) And remember: this is ONLY for real Rafa fans :D

Like I said in the other thread, I have followed Rafa for a long time. I first noticed him when he was 17 years old, I think. In other words, many years ago. I have followed him more or less since, but I got a bit more involved the last few years :) I always cheer for Rafa, but sometimes I get too nervous when I watch his matches! lol I was sooo happy when he won Wimbledon though.

marvin0211
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
hey everyone

born_on_clay
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
hi marvin ;)

I've started to support Rafa since his first ATP level win. As you all know it was in Sopot in my country :)

btw. my name is Rafał, but you can call me Rafa, it will be easier not to use polish symbols ;)

marvin0211
07-12-2010, 10:57 PM
hey Rafal i started to like rafa when he beat the crap out of fed in miami i think thats round of 32 a fan of sampras but bored of watching fed killing the competition good thing rafa revived my interest in tennis.

BTW I like your hall of fame thread nice one

Topspin Forehand
07-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Hey all. Huge Rafa fan as you've seen already on this board. Been a huge fan of Nadal's forehand. An amazing shot with so much topspin on it. Amazing that he can still get a lot of pace on it simultaneously. I think the one weakness Nadal has is that he allows some players to take the ball early on him. It happens most on a hardcourt. Hopefully he will continue to dictate like he did on grass for the hardcourt season.

marvin0211
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
hey topspin

his weakness is the hardcourt which really negate his top spin and his WTA serve in 2005, at least on serve he really improves a lot and also his court positioning on returning serve on HC is way too far from the baseline but i saw the improvement on wimbledon this year

Topspin Forehand
07-13-2010, 04:11 AM
hey topspin

his weakness is the hardcourt which really negate his top spin and his WTA serve in 2005, at least on serve he really improves a lot and also his court positioning on returning serve on HC is way too far from the baseline but i saw the improvement on wimbledon this year
I agree with the court positioning. Not sure about hardcourts negating topspin. It depends on the type of hardcourt (high bouncing or low bouncing) used. But Nadal shouldn't play on hardcourts like he does on clay. Just take it to his opponent like he does on grass. Stand close to the baseline and dictate. I think the biggest concern is moving on hardcourt doesn't seem natural to Nadal. That effects every part of Nadal's game if the movement isn't quite as sharp as on clay or grass.

Ariel
07-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi all - Ariel here.

I thought all the threads in the Rafa section were supposed to be for his fans. Now suddenly it's one thread? Buy hey, what do I know. :D

I'm one of those folks who think that the world is a better place with Rafa in it. He's great for the sport, he's a superstar who remains true to who he is and where he comes from, he treats people with respect, and he is wholly dedicated to his craft. The guy's an inspiration. I don't read what the haters on MTF have to say about him. I could care less. But I'm always looking to share my appreciation of him with like-minded folks. :cool:

marvin0211
07-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey Ariel how are you?
yea but still his movement is superior than anyone in atp(among top players) i think if he can return serve like agassi take it on the rise, he still can tweak his game lets see after he comes back on the Rogers Cup his first hc tournament if he made some adjustments on his hc game, but im hoping for success in USO they say its his next target and i believe they can do it like the way they approach wimbledon it will be harder though.

I think the thread starter should change the title(no Haters is a bit extreme) just say rafachat for rafa fans

Ariel
07-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Hi Marvin -

Yes, his movement is superior to most in the ATP - I was commenting not on his tennis per se but the whole package - Rafa as a human being. Haven't even gotten to his tennis yet. That's a work in progress :)

He's made it already to the semis of the US Open. I have no doubt he'll be working hard to tweak his game - I just hope that all the extra rest and the new procedure on his knees will allow him to perform at his best. I am absolutely confident that he can win it.

marvin0211
07-13-2010, 04:51 AM
barring any injury i think they will finally succeed on USO fingers crossed

JolánGagó
07-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Lovely thread :yeah:

thanks for opening it, sokk, and everyone else for contributing.

Veronique
07-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi! My name is Veronique. I started following Rafa when he was 14 yrs old along with Gasquet. We had a thread called Up & Comers on a different message board and some one kept us posted on his progress through challengers and futures. Then he beat Moya, beat Federer, won his 1st ever ATP Tour level tourney in Sopot 2004. The mental toughness he displayed in winning the 5hr Roma 2005 marathon final over Coria completely won me over.
It's amazing how much success he's had since then. 8 GS and counting.....
I really hope he can go the distance at the USO 2010. I'm planning on attending this year.

FormerRafaFan
07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone.

A special welcome to the new folks on this thread, to Marvin, Rafa (born_on_clay), Topspin, Ariel, JolánGagó and Veronique.

I hope we all can have a nice chat here :D

I thought all the threads in the Rafa section were supposed to be for his fans. Now suddenly it's one thread? Buy hey, what do I know. :D

I thought so too before I was thrown out of the other thread by some nasty people. But whatever. I just made this thread instead :)

I'm one of those folks who think that the world is a better place with Rafa in it. He's great for the sport, he's a superstar who remains true to who he is and where he comes from, he treats people with respect, and he is wholly dedicated to his craft. The guy's an inspiration. I don't read what the haters on MTF have to say about him. I could care less. But I'm always looking to share my appreciation of him with like-minded folks. :cool:

Same here. I think Rafa is really good for the sport. His spirit, his humbleness, his respect for other players. He's just an amazing guy who brings so much to the sport. Tennis wouldn't be the same without him. And I don't want to bash Federer. But I just like Rafa's personality better- Sometimes I think Fed comes across as a bit too arrogant. But that's just my opinion. I like Rafa because he is so humble, and he always say positive stuff about the guy he's playing against. He's always nice to his opponents and gives them credit, whether he himself wins or lose.

barring any injury i think they will finally succeed on USO fingers crossed

I hope so too. I think that's what all his fans are hoping for, him to finally win USO and get a career grand slam. I really hope he can do it this year, and I guess his chances are even higher, with people like Del Porto out. I'm not sure if Davydenko is injured or not, but he's not as good as he used to be. Djokovic and Federer have also been in a slump, but they usually are quite good on hard court, so you never know. Berdych is really good too. And Soderling is also one to look out for. But I think it's possible for Rafa to beat them. He's in a great shape, and he has the possibility to win if his knees hold up. He was smart this year to skip some tournaments, and by doing that, protect his knees. It's funny that most people say that Rafa can't play hard courts, when he has won many MS tourneys and even a slam title on hard court! Sure, it is his weakest surface, but I believe he can do it if he plays his best tennis.

Lovely thread :yeah:

thanks for opening it, sokk, and everyone else for contributing.

Glad you like it! I was thrown out of the other thread, they were quite nasty to me. So I started this instead, for Rafa's REAL fans. Those people in the other thread were mostly trolling anyway.

Hi! My name is Veronique. I started following Rafa when he was 14 yrs old along with Gasquet. We had a thread called Up & Comers on a different message board and some one kept us posted on his progress through challengers and futures. Then he beat Moya, beat Federer, won his 1st ever ATP Tour level tourney in Sopot 2004. The mental toughness he displayed in winning the 5hr Roma 2005 marathon final over Coria completely won me over.
I really hope he can go the distance at the USO 2010. I'm planning on attending this year.

Wow, you have even been a fan longer than me! That is truly amazing. I completely agree with what you said too, his mental strength is just out of this world. Just see his H2H against Federer when he was the world #1. He usually wins tiebreaks and 5 setters too.

Please keep us updated and take some pics if you're going to USO. I hope you get to go. It sounds fun, and who knows, maybe it'll be Rafa's 9th slam title. It would be amazing. I always dream of seeing him at a tourney, but unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to it yet. I hope I can some day though. Would be awesome to meet him after being a fan for so long :)

bokehlicious
07-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone :wavey: nice to have such a thread :yeah: my name is JM and I'm the most devoted Rafa fan :cool:

Bamos! :rocker2:

JolánGagó
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone :wavey: nice to have such a thread :yeah: my name is JM and I'm the most devoted Rafa fan :cool:

Bamos! :rocker2:

Rafahata trolling alert! :eek:

daniedan
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi, everyone! We have our same hero here. I hope he can win US open this year, and I have chance to attend the event during September.
I have supported rafa since 2005, but I regarded myself as a rafatard after Winb 08.
VAMOS RAFA!

marvin0211
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
hey veronique jg daniedan and jm a fan of rafa???? :confused: anyway nice one;)
sokk just dont be mad about the original chat thread its quite hillarious and have good convo there and lots of interesting people you have to know the history of that chat to really appreciate it

star
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Hi Veronique. I think I remember you from back from some old, now defunct, tennis boards. I certainly remember seeing you on this forum for a long time. :hug: The old ATPworld and now MTF.

Oh, and I agree with the person up thread who suggested taking off the "no haters allowed." 'cause, ya know, there are some players, I just don't like. :lol:

FormerRafaFan
07-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh, and I agree with the person up thread who suggested taking off the "no haters allowed." 'cause, ya know, there are some players, I just don't like. :lol:

Firstly, I made this chat. I meant that ALL Rafa fans are welcome, or even people who can be sivil about him. All Rafa haters posting will be reported. You can hate other players in here, just not Rafa. This is a chat for his fans, and I hope all will respect that. I was on the other thread I thought was for his fans, but people started to attack and bash me, and said I should get out of the thread. I did, and made my own, JUST for his fans. A place his fans can chat.

I am serious about this.. any negative, hateful posts about him will be reported.

born_on_clay
07-13-2010, 07:03 PM
hey Rafal i started to like rafa when he beat the crap out of fed in miami i think thats round of 32 a fan of sampras but bored of watching fed killing the competition good thing rafa revived my interest in tennis.

BTW I like your hall of fame thread nice one

thanks so much :)

Hey all. Huge Rafa fan as you've seen already on this board. Been a huge fan of Nadal's forehand. An amazing shot with so much topspin on it. Amazing that he can still get a lot of pace on it simultaneously. I think the one weakness Nadal has is that he allows some players to take the ball early on him. It happens most on a hardcourt. Hopefully he will continue to dictate like he did on grass for the hardcourt season.

hi topspin. I've already noticed you're a great fan of our hero ;)

I agree with the court positioning. Not sure about hardcourts negating topspin. It depends on the type of hardcourt (high bouncing or low bouncing) used. But Nadal shouldn't play on hardcourts like he does on clay. Just take it to his opponent like he does on grass. Stand close to the baseline and dictate. I think the biggest concern is moving on hardcourt doesn't seem natural to Nadal. That effects every part of Nadal's game if the movement isn't quite as sharp as on clay or grass.

affirmative. he's too much passive on hardcourts and lets his opponetnts to take the ball on the rise

Hi all - Ariel here.

I thought all the threads in the Rafa section were supposed to be for his fans. Now suddenly it's one thread? Buy hey, what do I know.

I'm one of those folks who think that the world is a better place with Rafa in it. He's great for the sport, he's a superstar who remains true to who he is and where he comes from, he treats people with respect, and he is wholly dedicated to his craft. The guy's an inspiration. I don't read what the haters on MTF have to say about him. I could care less. But I'm always looking to share my appreciation of him with like-minded folks.

Hi Ariel ;)
Honestly I was treated very badly in the other Rafa's chat thread

Hi Veronique :D Have a nice time here :)

Hi everyone nice to have such a thread my name is JM and I'm the most devoted Rafa fan

Bamos!

:spit: get the #$%#%# out of here !

Firstly, I made this chat. I meant that ALL Rafa fans are welcome, or even people who can be sivil about him. All Rafa haters posting will be reported. You can hate other players in here, just not Rafa. This is a chat for his fans, and I hope all will respect that. I was on the other thread I thought was for his fans, but people started to attack and bash me, and said I should get out of the thread. I did, and made my own, JUST for his fans. A place his fans can chat.

I am serious about this.. any negative, hateful posts about him will be reported.

I am for it in 100%
Great thread sokk ;)

born_on_clay
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
and guys, what do you think about Rafa's preparation for US Open ?

in my opinion he should consider skipping Cincinnati

Theef
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey all.:wavey: Huge Rafa fan here. I'm not the most prolific of posters but every now and again I like to come out and play.:p

I'm really looking forward to the HC season this year, I think Rafa is going to spring a few 'surprises' along the way. Can't wait.:cool:

Veronique
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone.

A special welcome to the new folks on this thread, to Marvin, Rafa (born_on_clay), Topspin, Ariel, JolánGagó and Veronique.

Wow, you have even been a fan longer than me! That is truly amazing. I completely agree with what you said too, his mental strength is just out of this world. Just see his H2H against Federer when he was the world #1. He usually wins tiebreaks and 5 setters too.

Please keep us updated and take some pics if you're going to USO. I hope you get to go. It sounds fun, and who knows, maybe it'll be Rafa's 9th slam title. It would be amazing. I always dream of seeing him at a tourney, but unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to it yet. I hope I can some day though. Would be awesome to meet him after being a fan for so long :)

Hey Sokk! I'm planning on attending the 1st week when players are still very accessible. If I do, I'll have plenty of photos to share. Thank you for starting this thread.

Veronique
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Hi Veronique. I think I remember you from back from some old, now defunct, tennis boards. I certainly remember seeing you on this forum for a long time. :hug: The old ATPworld and now MTF.

Hi Star! I remember you as well and I enjoy your posts. You're very fair.

Veronique
07-14-2010, 12:55 AM

Play really well in Toronto and lose early in Cincy perhaps? If I know him well, he's not going to skip an MS event if he's fit.

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Great to see other people like it. Now we should start to use it more often, so spread the word :) And remember: this is ONLY for real Rafa fans :D

Like I said in the other thread, I have followed Rafa for a long time. I first noticed him when he was 17 years old, I think. In other words, many years ago. I have followed him more or less since, but I got a bit more involved the last few years :) I always cheer for Rafa, but sometimes I get too nervous when I watch his matches! lol I was sooo happy when he won Wimbledon though.

Yeah, stay with us. There are many Rafa fans here. :hug:

JolánGagó
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Hi sokk :wavey:

I think what star suggested, and I respectfully support, is to replace the "haters" in the title by "Rafahaters" or, in established MTF lingo, "Rafahatas". This way it will become clear it is allowed to hate any player here except our worshiped Rafa ;)

FormerRafaFan
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi sokk :wavey:

I think what star suggested, and I respectfully support, is to replace the "haters" in the title by "Rafahaters" or, in established MTF lingo, "Rafahatas". This way it will become clear it is allowed to hate any player here except our worshiped Rafa ;)

Ok. Sorry, I think I misunderstood. I wasn't sure what Star meant, but I figured it was about Rafahaters. Like I said, we are allowed to be critical about other players in here, just not Rafa :) And I still think we should be civil about players we don't like that much too, so we can prove that fans of Rafa can behave better than fans of Federer and Soderling ;)

I changed the title, so it's not to be mistaken. I encourage everyone to report any hateful remarks, either personal about other posters or people who bash Nadal, because this thread is ONLY for his fans. Hope I made that clear now, but I thought it was worth the mention one last time, to warn people. lol..

Anyways, please continue with the chat :) What do you guys think about USO? Will Rafa be able to win it? I think he has a shot this year, he is in a wonderful shape, and some of his worst opponents are either in a slump or injured. Yes, it is his worst surface, but he won AO so I think he has a shot at USO too, if only his knees hold up.

marvin0211
07-14-2010, 04:36 PM

i think cinci is the ideal preparation for him than toronto same hc surface, Toronto is slow hardcourt like Aussie and also its 3 week before USO, if he skips its better be Toronto and he can beg off due to injury on Toronto rather than Cinci :) but if he plays and goes deep in Toronto he can tank cinci if he thinks he has enough match play but knowing rafa from previous yrs idk if tanking is in his mind but i thought i saw him tank the queens tourney so there is hope

born_on_clay
07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
i think cinci is the ideal preparation for him than toronto same hc surface, Toronto is slow hardcourt like Aussie and also its 3 week before USO, if he skips its better be Toronto and he can beg off due to injury on Toronto rather than Cinci :) but if he plays and goes deep in Toronto he can tank cinci if he thinks he has enough match play but knowing rafa from previous yrs idk if tanking is in his mind but i thought i saw him tank the queens tourney so there is hope

you're right about surfaces for sure but I can't imagine Rafa skipping Toronto.
Maybe we'll see another tanking in Cicy ? I all depends on how deep he will go in Canada

I think he will have a great shot at this year US Open

I just pray for Murray and Soderling in opposiste half of the draw
Fed- sorry to say but mug these days
Djoko - not consistent enough nowadays
Murray,Soda - real danger
Roddick,Verdasco,Tsonga,Berdych - not in a slam ;)
Cilic - hard to say, he's not in form right now
Davydenko - coming back from injury
del Potro - we even don't know if he's gonna play
other - :spit:

marvin0211
07-15-2010, 12:24 AM
a lot of players can hurt him on hc hopefully he has an easy draw unlike wimbledon this year, this is the best of time to grab USO lots of good hc player underperforming in slumps or injured

star
07-15-2010, 12:50 AM
a lot of players can hurt him on hc hopefully he has an easy draw unlike wimbledon this year, this is the best of time to grab USO lots of good hc player underperforming in slumps or injured

At least at the USO he will be seeded number 1. :)

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
hey guys, watch this video Amazing Chinese dancers who are also deaf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N1j-MwDxRs

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-15-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lsFq8yeY0 This is also amazing.

FormerRafaFan
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
you're right about surfaces for sure but I can't imagine Rafa skipping Toronto.
Maybe we'll see another tanking in Cicy ? I all depends on how deep he will go in Canada

I think he will have a great shot at this year US Open

I just pray for Murray and Soderling in opposiste half of the draw
Fed- sorry to say but mug these days
Djoko - not consistent enough nowadays
Murray,Soda - real danger
Roddick,Verdasco,Tsonga,Berdych - not in a slam ;)
Cilic - hard to say, he's not in form right now
Davydenko - coming back from injury
del Potro - we even don't know if he's gonna play
other - :spit:

I totally agree with this. These guys are probably his toughest opponents in USO. And yes, having Murray and Soderling in the same half as Rafa would be awful. Lets hope that won't happen.

Rafa clip of the day.. Rafa did a segment for US Open. He tells us how to make his special pasta with shrimps. Rafa is as adorable as ever, and he even smiles a lot! :hearts:

4fTYZGUX2o0

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I totally agree with this. These guys are probably his toughest opponents in USO. And yes, having Murray and Soderling in the same half as Rafa would be awful. Lets hope that won't happen.

Rafa clip of the day.. Rafa did a segment for US Open. He tells us how to make his special pasta with shrimps. Rafa is as adorable as ever, and he even smiles a lot! :hearts:

4fTYZGUX2o0

Thanks for Rafa commercial.

And what is the next tour for Rafa?

star
07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
:yeah: Good work from the mods cleaning up the thread. :hatoff:

FormerRafaFan
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for Rafa commercial.

And what is the next tour for Rafa?

I don't know. I guess it's Toronto, or is Cinci first? I doubt he'll enter a smaller tournament. He just got injections in his knees again. He'll probably rest and train a little before Toronto.

Has anyone read this interview with Rafa? One of the best interviews of him I've read. Some personal stuff, some career stuff. I didn't know that Rafa is not Christian.

http://tinyurl.com/3y4eua4

star
07-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't know. I guess it's Toronto, or is Cinci first? I doubt he'll enter a smaller tournament. He just got injections in his knees again. He'll probably rest and train a little before Toronto.

Has anyone read this interview with Rafa? One of the best interviews of him I've read. Some personal stuff, some career stuff. I didn't know that Rafa is not Christian.

http://tinyurl.com/3y4eua4

I wonder about that interview. The questions are a bit different, but the answers are the same as given in a German language publication -- Swiss, I think. But even that seemed to come from other sources. Look in the articles thread, I think. Eden posted it. I'm talking about the "God" answer especially.

l_mac
07-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I wonder about that interview. The questions are a bit different, but the answers are the same as given in a German language publication -- Swiss, I think. But even that seemed to come from other sources. Look in the articles thread, I think. Eden posted it. I'm talking about the "God" answer especially.

I believe he did a round table with international journalists after he won Wimbledon, and so the international publications will all have had the same interview. He went home on the Monday morning after Wimbledon so he skipped the traditional press meet.

How can you so called "real" Rafa fans not know his schedule?

:retard:

star
07-16-2010, 08:27 PM
I believe he did a round table with international journalists after he won Wimbledon, and so the international publications will all have had the same interview. He went home on the Monday morning after Wimbledon so he skipped the traditional press meet.

Who is calling themselves the "real" rafa fans? Everyone who is a Rafa fan is a real fan -- you know, unless a double account. Some people are just more knowledgable than others. Or maybe more dedicated. I know my knowledge about Rafa isn't as in depth as yours. That's why I value what you have to say.

l_mac
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Who is calling themselves the "real" rafa fans? Everyone who is a Rafa fan is a real fan -- you know, unless a double account.
:D

Glad you like it! I was thrown out of the other thread, they were quite nasty to me. So I started this instead, for Rafa's REAL fans. Those people in the other thread were mostly trolling anyway.

:shrug:

Some people are just more knowledgable than others. Or maybe more dedicated. I know my knowledge about Rafa isn't as in depth as yours. That's why I value what you have to say.

I should be valued :rocker2:

star
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
:D

:shrug:

I should be valued :rocker2:

What would I do without you? :hug:

Veronique
07-16-2010, 11:21 PM

Is this really necessary? We all love Rafa here. Some of us faced hostility by merely posting in a thread that had Rafa Fans words in the title.

BTW, your avatar captures the essence of Rafa as I picture him, so pure and innocent.

star
07-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Is this really necessary? We all love Rafa here. Some of us faced hostility by merely posting in a thread that had Rafa Fans words in the title.

BTW, your avatar captures the essence of Rafa as I picture him, so pure and innocent.

I came in after that whole thing between Scoobs and you. I don't know what that was about. But, I can vouch for you being a long time Rafa fan and and even longer tennis fan.

I dunno. Maybe he thought you were a double account or maybe he was cranky that day. :shrug:

But, this can be a nice place too. :) :)

scoobs
07-16-2010, 11:54 PM

Yes I apologise if I came off hostile that day.

star
07-17-2010, 12:36 AM

:hug: :hug:

See? You are a sweetie. I think that was the day you were just out of sorts about everything.

And, i'm not apologizing for the other thread. It is what it is. It's not an easy place and full of difficult people, myself included, who don't always get along and snipe at one another from time to time.

If some are more comfortable posting here, that's great too.

Veronique
07-17-2010, 08:37 AM

Awwwwwwwww :hug: As they used to say on Ally McBeal, bygones. Our Rafa is a lover:)

FormerRafaFan
07-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Exactly. That is what I used the words real fans, because I knew the other thread which is CALLED "Chat thread for Rafa fangirls.." isn't really for his real fans, or else I wouldn't have been thrown out for just saying nice things about Nadal.

I_mac, I KNOW you are not a fan of Rafa. I have seen your previous posts on GM and in the other thread. Please get lost. I am serious. I was thrown out of the other thread, so I made this thread to talk to some of his REAL fans as I like to call them. Someone who actually SUPPORTS the guy. I hoped everyone could respect that, but I guess not. Congrats. You have just ruined another thread. Please jump over to the other thread and the other haters.

Yes, I am a bit angry, because this board needs some serious cleaning up in. All Rafa haters should be thrown out, or at least keep themselves to the haters thread. This sub board is supposed to be for his FANS. Why are you even here if you are NOT a fan?

I don't know which is worse, haters posting here and offending fans, which means his fans has not ONE place to post without getting attacked, or the mods for not paying enough attention. They really should have prevented this for ever happening.

Ugh. Whatever. I am tired of this.

FormerRafaFan
07-17-2010, 11:21 AM
:hug: :hug:

See? You are a sweetie. I think that was the day you were just out of sorts about everything.

And, i'm not apologizing for the other thread. It is what it is. It's not an easy place and full of difficult people, myself included, who don't always get along and snipe at one another from time to time.

If some are more comfortable posting here, that's great too.

Which is exactly WHY I made this thread, since his fans are not welcome in theother thread, I mean, at least they are welcome here. At least that was until the haters started to infest this thread too. I tried to prevent that from happening, but now I'm out of loss. People refuse to resepct other people, so..

FormerRafaFan
07-17-2010, 11:25 AM

I know his schedule.. Sorta. I knew Cinci and Toronto were coming up. I just didn't know which one was first or even IF he was playing either in the first place. But it was confirmed that he will play Toronto, which is his next tournament August 9th.

star
07-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Which is exactly WHY I made this thread, since his fans are not welcome in theother thread, I mean, at least they are welcome here. At least that was until the haters started to infest this thread too. I tried to prevent that from happening, but now I'm out of loss. People refuse to resepct other people, so..

I know you did. :hug: Don't worry about it so much. Just concentrate on the people you are attracting to this thread. In the long run that's what will matter. Obviously, there will be posts here that aren't what you would like, but it's the overall tone that matters. Just ignore what you don't like. If it's truly trolling and anti-Rafa, you can report it.

But, you should know that Linda is truly a Rafa fan. She has defended him with valor for a long time on MTF. She knows so much about him. I always defer to her knowledge. You two don't get along, and I'm sorry about that. It's nothing I'm going to fix. You are both Rafa fans, but have different approaches.

As for all haters being thrown out, the other chat thread has welcomed a wide variety of people. Some are Rafa first fans, others like Rafa but support other players, and a very few don't like Rafa at all. So there's a wide tolerance for who likes whatever player. But flat out insulting Rafa isn't really tolerated there. It's an unusual thread and I think the people who post there like it that way.

star
07-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Awwwwwwwww :hug: As they used to say on Ally McBeal, bygones. Our Rafa is a lover:)

I saw a greeting card once with a pot of begonias drawn on the front and the inside said: Let begonias be begonias.

:lol: I liked that -- it works in more ways than one. :) I always think of that when I think of bygones. :)

l_mac
07-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Exactly. That is what I used the words real fans, because I knew the other thread which is CALLED "Chat thread for Rafa fangirls.." isn't really for his real fans, or else I wouldn't have been thrown out for just saying nice things about Nadal.

You were attacking posters who have been part of that thread for nearly 3 years. You were informed several times that the thread isn't just for Rafa fans, many of the regulars don't have Rafa as their top favourite and as star said quite a few of them can't stand him :sad:, and yet you continued to view the thread as an extension of the tournament thread :retard: The moderators do a great job with this forum. Our "haters" who post in the Rafachat thread very, very rarely stray out of the thread and I don't think they've ever trolled the rest of the forum (at least since we created the chat thread) Believe me when I say I am super fast to report any trolling/Rafa bashing in here, including on the chat thread when it is truly malicious. And many times we've had some tense moments when a few of us have had a sense of humour failure (quite often me) but the same core group of posters have been chatting there for nearly 3 years.

As a Rafa fan, I'll post where I like in his forum. :D I'm happy you have this thread, because it means you'll stay out of the other one. That pleases me.

star
07-17-2010, 04:20 PM
You were attacking posters who have been part of that thread for nearly 3 years. You were informed several times that the thread isn't just for Rafa fans, many of the regulars don't have Rafa as their top favourite and as star said quite a few of them can't stand him :sad:, and yet you continued to view the thread as an extension of the tournament thread :retard: The moderators do a great job with this forum. Our "haters" who post in the Rafachat thread very, very rarely stray out of the thread and I don't think they've ever trolled the rest of the forum (at least since we created the chat thread) Believe me when I say I am super fast to report any trolling/Rafa bashing in here, including on the chat thread when it is truly malicious. And many times we've had some tense moments when a few of us have had a sense of humour failure (quite often me) but the same core group of posters have been chatting there for nearly 3 years.

As a Rafa fan, I'll post where I like in his forum. :D I'm happy you have this thread, because it means you'll stay out of the other one. That pleases me.

I agree with the first paragraph -- mostly.

Certainly, you can post where ever you want, but why carry out your feud with Sokk here? I think you are a valuable addition to any thread about Rafa, but not if it's going to be sniping and insulting the posters in this thread. That hardly seems sporting.

l_mac
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Certainly, you can post where ever you want, I think you are a valuable addition to any thread about Rafa,

:sport: :sport:

but not if it's going to be sniping and insulting the posters in this thread. That hardly seems sporting.

I'm just righting wrongs, star. You know I don't like to be misrespresented, or have the chat thread misrepresented.

star
07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
:sport: :sport:

I'm just righting wrongs, star. You know I don't like to be misrespresented, or have the chat thread misrepresented.

I thought I was doing a great job. :bigclap: me.

FormerRafaFan
07-17-2010, 05:21 PM

I'm sorry, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You cannot be serious. I was INSULTED and ATTACKED. How the hell do you want me to react?

When people say "get lost" and "how many brain cells do you have" to me, how is that NOT insulting? That is just a SMALL ammount of what they said/did to me. If anyone should be ashamed it's those guys. I was ATTACKED on a regular basis. Half of the guys in there should be banned for being so disrespectful to others.

Like I said, as a fan, of course you should post here. I apologize if I called you a hater, i thought I remember some posts you made on the GM board that was negative when it comes to Rafa and his fans. But if I'm wrong, you are more than welcome here, of course.

You (as in everyone) have been warned. NO TROLLING OR HATING POSTS DIRECTED TO RAFA AND/OR OTHER POSTERS IN HERE PELASE. You will be reported if you do. I'll just say it again so we are clear.

born_on_clay
07-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I totally agree with sokk in this matter ;)

Veronique
07-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I saw a greeting card once with a pot of begonias drawn on the front and the inside said: Let begonias be begonias.

:lol: I liked that -- it works in more ways than one. :) I always think of that when I think of bygones. :)

ROFL That's really clever and cute. I might use it next time.

Veronique
07-17-2010, 10:22 PM
In the words of 1 Los Angeles philosopher, can we all get along? Everyone has made their point.

BTW, this youtube video is mine. I was riding on high that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39S-64cNINM

I have to learn how to embed on MTF.

l_mac
07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
In the words of 1 Los Angeles philosopher, can we all get along? Everyone has made their point.

BTW, this youtube video is mine. I was riding on high that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39S-64cNINM

I have to learn how to embed on MTF.

39S-64cNINM

[youtub*]39S-64cNINM, or whatever is after v=[/youtube]

JolánGagó
07-17-2010, 11:10 PM
gals, why can't you just get along :hug:

DualMedia
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
have no fear, kay is here! temporary, so dont get adjusted to my cuteness! :D

Veronique
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
39S-64cNINM

TYVM

star
07-18-2010, 12:28 AM
39S-64cNINM

IMG Media UK has blocked that video. :(

marvin0211
07-18-2010, 12:39 AM
yea we are all fans we should get along no need to bash each others

star
07-18-2010, 12:52 AM
yea we are all fans we should get along no need to bash each others claws sheated pls no cat fight

I hate that expression. It's not as if men don't have all kinds of fights on MTF, but when women don't get along it's suddenly the sign of some genetic flaw in women.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way :hug: It's a pet peeve of mine. :p

Veronique
07-18-2010, 01:17 AM
IMG Media UK has blocked that video. :(

You're kidding me!:(

marvin0211
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I hate that expression. It's not as if men don't have all kinds of fights on MTF, but when women don't get along it's suddenly the sign of some genetic flaw in women.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way :hug: It's a pet peeve of mine. :p

sorry for the offense, i should have reworded it not to demean you ladies

:wavey:

marvin0211
07-18-2010, 01:19 AM
You're kidding me!:(

yup its blocked:confused:

star
07-18-2010, 01:44 AM
sorry for the offense, i should have reworded it not to demean you ladies

:wavey:

np.

Thanks for letting me rant. :lol: :hug:

marvin0211
07-18-2010, 01:53 AM
np.

Thanks for letting me rant. :lol: :hug:

:) its ok

FormerRafaFan
07-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi guys! Hope everyone is ok and that everyone had a nice weekend! :)

I agree. We should all get along. What is done is done, it's time to get over it now.. lol.

I woke up just an hour ago. Didn't get to sleep until 5 am. It was just too damn hot! We've had like 27-28 degrees for WEEKS now. I don't deal with heat well. It's too hot for me.

star
07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi guys! Hope everyone is ok and that everyone had a nice weekend! :)

I agree. We should all get along. What is done is done, it's time to get over it now.. lol.

I woke up just an hour ago. Didn't get to sleep until 5 am. It was just too damn hot! We've had like 27-28 degrees for WEEKS now. I don't deal with heat well. It's too hot for me.

:lol: :lol:

Here it's 10 til six. Dawn is breaking and it's 77 or about 24c. It's predicted to be 41 today. 27 or 28 is like spring for me. It's not even hot. :lol:

But we do have A/C here. If not for that, it would be unpleasant.

FormerRafaFan
07-18-2010, 01:25 PM
:lol: :lol:

Here it's 10 til six. Dawn is breaking and it's 77 or about 24c. It's predicted to be 41 today. 27 or 28 is like spring for me. It's not even hot. :lol:

But we do have A/C here. If not for that, it would be unpleasant.

Yeah, well.. We don't have A/C here in Norway.. Or, most people don't anyway. And 27-28 degrees is quite hot for Norway. A normal summer for us is between 15 and 25 degrees. Everything over 25 is unpleasant. Over 30 and it's unbearable. And I live inland, far from the ocean. I can't escape this heat. Ugh..

But like I said, maybe I shouldn't complain. It's currently a heat wave in southern Europe with temps up to 40 degrees, like where you are. Thank god I don't live there. I would die. lol. Today it's cloudy and 22 degrees. Very dark clouds, maybe we'll get a thunderstorm! Would be kinda fun.

star
07-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah, well.. We don't have A/C here in Norway.. Or, most people don't anyway. And 27-28 degrees is quite hot for Norway. A normal summer for us is between 15 and 25 degrees. Everything over 25 is unpleasant. Over 30 and it's unbearable. And I live inland, far from the ocean. I can't escape this heat. Ugh..

But like I said, maybe I shouldn't complain. It's currently a heat wave in southern Europe with temps up to 40 degrees, like where you are. Thank god I don't live there. I would die. lol. Today it's cloudy and 22 degrees. Very dark clouds, maybe we'll get a thunderstorm! Would be kinda fun.

I live in the U.S. :)

I couldn't take your winters. I would go bonkers. I need the sun. Even here I get kind of depressed when it is still dark at 7 am. Plus, I don't like it to be cold and I loathe snow. I would be a very poor Norwegian. :(

FormerRafaFan
07-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I live in the U.S. :)

I couldn't take your winters. I would go bonkers. I need the sun. Even here I get kind of depressed when it is still dark at 7 am. Plus, I don't like it to be cold and I loathe snow. I would be a very poor Norwegian. :(

LOL.. Yeah, winters can get depressing here. We have sun for like 6 hours a day, and the rest is dark and cold. Last winter was HELL. It was -20 degrees practically all winter. It was sooo cold. Even for Norway that was cold. We actually don't get extremely cold winters, maybe northern Norway, but not here where I live in southern Norway. I'd say +5 to -10 degrees is normal. So -20 was not pleasent. Winters here are usually very dark and depressing though. But it's not that bad if we have snow, because the snow lighten up a bit. And also, the summers in Scandinavia are AMAZING. I mean, we have sun for like 20 hours, long sunny days. I'd say that nothing beat Scandinavian summers if we have nice weather, not even the US summers. Yeah, it may not get as hot as in the US, but we can enjoy it longer because we have longer days. It's even sunny around midnight in northern Norway. You can be ouitside practically ALL day, like 24/7, because it's sunny and nice. It really is amazing.

allpro
07-18-2010, 03:25 PM
hola everyone :bigwave:

-----------------------------

rafasnob.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3193/capturelyh.jpg

huh? and are you gonna pick soderclown over rafa again if they meet at the US Open?......ugh, once a traitor, always a traitor :rolleyes:

star
07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
hola everyone :bigwave:

-----------------------------

rafasnob.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3193/capturelyh.jpg

huh? and are you gonna pick soderclown over rafa again if they meet at the US Open?......ugh, once a traitor, always a traitor :rolleyes:

:lol: Lame attempt at trying to stir up trouble and spread false rumors. Whoever Linda might pick as the winner, she always wants Rafa to win.

Anyway, you're one of my top suspects as a double account. You're far too involved in MTF politics to have joined recently

allpro
07-18-2010, 05:33 PM
:lol: Lame attempt at trying to stir up trouble and spread false rumors. Whoever Linda might pick as the winner, she always wants Rafa to win.

Anyway, you're one of my top suspects as a double account. You're far too involved in MTF politics to have joined recently

- "stir up trouble and spread false rumors": please read thru all my posts and kindly list any "rumors" that i've ever spread about anyone or anything.

- a double account?: i've posted at other tennis websites and other forums dedicated to other topics, but i can assure you, i'm new to mtf ;)

- "you're far too involved in MTF politics to have joined recently": :lol: .....wow, i didn't know that i was involved in "mtf politics". btw, what exactly are mtf politics?......and please, list any and all instances where i was involved in politics. i'm curious to know ;)

and regarding l mac, she picked soderling over rafa in a previous wimbledon thread and that's what i was referring to here.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10104572&postcount=161

sorry to burst your bubble detective star, but i'm not here to get involved in "mtf politics" or any other b.s. -- i'm here to have fun and talk tennis :p

marvin0211
07-18-2010, 07:01 PM
lol linda is a fan of rafa she is just not blind to his weaknesses

and that is just one line on a thread its not conclusive you have to read the whole discussion and not arrive to conclusion that linda is not a fan, maybe you should read all her postings on MTF

Being a fan doesnt give you a reason of being stupid, applaud your fave win, forget the losses
in the end he will retire with millions in his bank acct, us life must go on and search for new fave

this is not a bashing thread of fellow fans this is a thread about rafa

Aenea
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow a non-haters chat-thread :) good idea but it is going to be soooo boring. Anyway good luck to all fanboys/girls writing in here. Have fun, guys :wavey:

no way, star, otherwise s/he would't say what s/he said about l_mac

FormerRafaFan
07-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow a non-haters chat-thread :) good idea but it is going to be soooo boring. Anyway good luck to all fanboys/girls writing in here. Have fun, guys :wavey:

Then why are you even here if it's soooo boring? Can't you find some place else to vent your venom?

Aenea
07-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Then why are you even here if it's soooo boring? Can't you find some place else to vent your venom?

Well, I don't know why you were thrown out of the other chat thread but now after reading this reply and knowing the regulars in the other thread I think they definitely were right to do so. Rude posters are not welcomed anywhere. I'll not post here anymore be assured, I rarely even venture Rafaboard anymore but you being a newbie don't know anything about the Rafaboard and its history/posters still you are so quick to judge.
bye and add me to your ignore list

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, I don't know why you were thrown out of the other chat thread but now after reading this reply and knowing the regulars in the other thread I think they definitely were right to do so. Rude posters are not welcomed anywhere. I'll not post here anymore be assured, I rarely even venture Rafaboard anymore but you being a newbie don't know anything about the Rafaboard and its history/posters still you are so quick to judge.
bye and add me to your ignore list

She wasn't thrown and she can go any where, she decided not to go there cuz it is just weird how you guys fail to understand that the other thread is for bashing Nadal and his fans. No one annoyed me in the other thread but I don't want to be involved in a thread that is not for Rafa or his fans. All Rafa fans should be welcomed in Rafa forum but instead some posters post with other fans about how few Nadal fans are tards or who is the most rediculous when those Rafa (supposed) fans know very well what those fans post about Nadal.

Mimi
07-19-2010, 07:57 AM
rafa is the best :cool:

christallh24
07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You cannot be serious. I was INSULTED and ATTACKED. How the hell do you want me to react?

When people say "get lost" and "how many brain cells do you have" to me, how is that NOT insulting? That is just a SMALL ammount of what they said/did to me. If anyone should be ashamed it's those guys. I was ATTACKED on a regular basis. Half of the guys in there should be banned for being so disrespectful to others.

:hug:I know how you feel. I give you props for starting this thread. I gave up trying with the other thread.

I totally agree with sokk in this matter ;)

:yeah:So do I.

Rude posters are not welcomed anywhere.

They're welcomed in the other thread. Even to other "regulars". I wasn't rude and I was definitely made to feel unwelcomed. If I was, it was in response to another poster.

...but you being a newbie don't know anything about the Rafaboard and its history/posters

And they don't give newbies chances enough. It's such a high-school vibe there. Like they are the too cool kids to let just anyone into their inner circle. :rolleyes:

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-19-2010, 08:59 AM
And they don't give newbies chances enough. It's such a high-school vibe there. Like they are the too cool kids to let just anyone into their inner circle. :rolleyes:

We can make the thread very entertaining and lovely and sweet and very cool :cool:

And I am not against Rafa fans in the other thread, I am against insulting any Rafa fan, we should be one family :hug:

Enjoy the music: Poeme by Fibich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUvgNdM0Uyw

And the art, Monet: http://www.claudemonetgallery.org/Water-Lilies.jpg

Veronique
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM

Indeed! I haven't seen you in a long time, Mimi. Good to see you!:D

star
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM

Mimi! :hug: :kiss:

You're back from vacation? How was it?

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
yaaaaaaaaaay very good ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s&feature=related

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I know who reported Mikey :lol:

allpro
07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
We can make the thread very entertaining and lovely and sweet and very cool :cool:

And I am not against Rafa fans in the other thread, I am against insulting any Rafa fan, we should be one family :hug:

Enjoy the music: Poeme by Fibich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUvgNdM0Uyw

And the art, Monet: http://www.claudemonetgallery.org/Water-Lilies.jpg

reminds me a little of debussy. nice ;)

Mimi
07-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Mimi! :hug: :kiss:

You're back from vacation? How was it?

:hug::smooch:. Too hot in Germany:banghead: but so far its good, as its much better than working :nerner:

a photo of my favourite place: Bamberg:woohoo:

Mimi
07-20-2010, 04:36 AM
a big and cute dog i met in restaurant :)

Mimi
07-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Indeed! I haven't seen you in a long time, Mimi. Good to see you!:D
me too :hug::smooch:

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiii

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
drinking green tea with mint.

Veronique
07-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone seen this gem?

http://i43.tinypic.com/22gwwk.jpg%5B/

Veronique
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm off to see some pro tennis. We haven't had any in town since 2001.

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone seen this gem?

http://i43.tinypic.com/22gwwk.jpg%5B/

:lol:

The baby with Mirka is so cute btw

Mimi
07-21-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm off to see some pro tennis. We haven't had any in town since 2001.

no more tennis tourneys in HK now, I envy of you so much:angel:

star
07-21-2010, 04:44 AM
a big and cute dog i met in restaurant :)

How sweet! I used to have two giant schnauzers. That looks like a very shaggy schnauzer. :) :)

:kiss: Thanks for the photss. I'm sorry it was hot, but probably cooler than HK!

Mimi
07-21-2010, 05:05 AM
:confused:How sweet! I used to have two giant schnauzers. That looks like a very shaggy schnauzer. :) :)

:kiss: Thanks for the photss. I'm sorry it was hot, but probably cooler than HK!

yes I know you had two giant schnauzers :dog::dog:. This giant dog is a boy and he has a sister who was with him on that day, but she was sleeping so i couldn't take a photo :zzz:. This big dog kept staring at the grilled chicken which his master was eating, but strangely his master did not give him any chicken, even the bone, but gave the bone for the pirrot which is living in the restaurant to eat :confused:

i think the weather was as hot as in HK, though hk has higher humidity :help::banghead::umbrella::explode:

its so hot that i could only wear a t shirt +undie when I slept at night otherwise its impossible to fall into asleep as there is no fans/air conditionner:explode:

star
07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
:confused:

yes I know you had two giant schnauzers :dog::dog:. This giant dog is a boy and he has a sister who was with him on that day, but she was sleeping so i couldn't take a photo :zzz:. This big dog kept staring at the grilled chicken which his master was eating, but strangely his master did not give him any chicken, even the bone, but gave the bone for the pirrot which is living in the restaurant to eat :confused:

i think the weather was as hot as in HK, though hk has higher humidity :help::banghead::umbrella::explode:

its so hot that i could only wear a t shirt +undie when I slept at night otherwise its impossible to fall into asleep as there is no fans/air conditionner:explode:

:)

I'm sorry it was so hot. I know you expect to get away from the heat when you go on holiday.

Chicken pones aren't very safe for dogs so maybe that's why he didn't give the dog the bone. He looks like a very sweet boy. My male dog was much sweeter than the female - although the female was much smarter and the leader of the two.

I've been away for a few days, and now my kitty is happy to see me and curled up right next to me. :)

Veronique
07-21-2010, 07:50 PM
no more tennis tourneys in HK now, I envy of you so much:angel:

We've had to wait 9 years, Mimi. I'm not going today b/c players I want to watch ( Roddick and Young) aren't playing and it's supposed to rain, but I'll be there tomorrow. Plus I'm still recovering from the few Margaritas I had yesterday.:)

Mimi
07-22-2010, 02:50 AM
:)

I'm sorry it was so hot. I know you expect to get away from the heat when you go on holiday.

Chicken pones aren't very safe for dogs so maybe that's why he didn't give the dog the bone. He looks like a very sweet boy. My male dog was much sweeter than the female - although the female was much smarter and the leader of the two.

I've been away for a few days, and now my kitty is happy to see me and curled up right next to me. :)

yes, the Germans I met there told me it was rare to have such hot weather in Germany, so i was not lucky at all:eek:

it seems that the man loves the male dog more:wavey:

its good that your kitty is so warming to you coz i always have the impression that cats are very cold, thats why I love dogs more :o

Mimi
07-22-2010, 02:51 AM
We've had to wait 9 years, Mimi. I'm not going today b/c players I want to watch ( Roddick and Young) aren't playing and it's supposed to rain, but I'll be there tomorrow. Plus I'm still recovering from the few Margaritas I had yesterday.:)
I like Roddick too:angel:

sorry for my bad English, i don't know what is Margaritas, is this a kind of illness? If so, I wish you a speedy recovery:hug::smooch:

Smoke944
07-22-2010, 02:53 AM

sorry for my bad English, i don't know what is Margaritas, is this a kind of illness? If so, I wish you a speedy recovery:hug::smooch:

A margarita is a mixed alcoholic beverage :D :hug:

Mimi
07-22-2010, 03:23 AM
A margarita is a mixed alcoholic beverage :D :hug:

oh thanks, hahahaha, bad English mimi:lol::nerner:

Veronique
07-22-2010, 06:12 AM

You're better off not knowing what a margarita is, Mimi. I only had 2 glasses but the hangover lasted all day. It's tequila with some drink mix. I had never had a real one before. BTW your English is beautiful.

Mimi
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
You're better off not knowing what a margarita is, Mimi. I only had 2 glasses but the hangover lasted all day. It's tequila with some drink mix. I had never had a real one before. BTW your English is beautiful.

thanks Veronique, my boss always critisied my bad English :o but i have no talent about languages, my only talent is eating:eek::devil:

i know tequila (from Mexico right?). So you better just drink 1 small glass next time:hug::smooch:

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
hiiiiiiiiiii

watched inception

really so cool

star
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
yes, the Germans I met there told me it was rare to have such hot weather in Germany, so i was not lucky at all:eek:

it seems that the man loves the male dog more:wavey:

its good that your kitty is so warming to you coz i always have the impression that cats are very cold, thats why I love dogs more :o

Oh, kitties are very affectionate too. Each one is a little different, of course. Once I was very ill and was in bed for a week. The cat I had at that time who grew up outside and spent much of his time outside stayed on the bed with me for the whole week. I've never had a cat who wasn't affectionate -- each in it's own way.

star
07-22-2010, 01:23 PM

:hug: Sorry about the hangover. :lol:

I hardly ever get a hangover. :o

But mainly, :yippee: :yippee: I'm glad Atlanta has a tennis tournament again. I see the American players are supporting it, and that's good. I hope it's successful.

Veronique
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
thanks Veronique, my boss always critisied my bad English :o but i have no talent about languages, my only talent is eating:eek::devil:

i know tequila (from Mexico right?). So you better just drink 1 small glass next time:hug::smooch:

I'm going with a dear friend of mine today. I'm bringing 10 frozen bottles of water. No more margaritas for a very long time.

Veronique
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
:hug: Sorry about the hangover. :lol:

I hardly ever get a hangover. :o

But mainly, :yippee: :yippee: I'm glad Atlanta has a tennis tournament again. I see the American players are supporting it, and that's good. I hope it's successful.

Yes, I was very proud of Andy for remembering where it all started and accepting a wildcard. I've only been on stadium court and court 1 and can attest there's not a single bad seat in the house. It'll be successful b/c most folks around here are dying for tennis, any tennis at all. Even Melanie Oudin is doing her part. She'll be signing autographs today.

PS. I sent you a PM.

star
07-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes, I was very proud of Andy for remembering where it all started and accepting a wildcard. I've only been on stadium court and court 1 and can attest there's not a single bad seat in the house. It'll be successful b/c most folks around here are dying for tennis, any tennis at all. Even Melanie Oudin is doing her part. She'll be signing autographs today.

PS. I sent you a PM.

Oh yeah. Those were good times. Andy beating Pete in Miami and then winning at Emory (sp?) and Houston too. That was back when I thought maybe he would be good on clay what with the French coach and all. :lol:

I didn't get your PM. :(

Mimi
07-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Oh, kitties are very affectionate too. Each one is a little different, of course. Once I was very ill and was in bed for a week. The cat I had at that time who grew up outside and spent much of his time outside stayed on the bed with me for the whole week. I've never had a cat who wasn't affectionate -- each in it's own way.

coz when i was younger, i used to read a column in newspapers where there were several authors writing on a daily basis, one of them was a woman who wrote a lot about her cats, the cats pee pee on her bed and ignored her even when she was ill, so thats gave me a bad impression about cats:mad:

Mimi
07-23-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm going with a dear friend of mine today. I'm bringing 10 frozen bottles of water. No more margaritas for a very long time.

haha, you are so funny, why the need to bring such heavy water stuff, you could simply buy it from the shops which are located near the venue of the tourney:p

Veronique
07-23-2010, 09:08 AM
haha, you are so funny, why the need to bring such heavy water stuff, you could simply buy it from the shops which are located near the venue of the tourney:p

Several reasons. I get 24 16oz of bottled water at my local supermarket for just under $4. I'd have to spend $1/bottle at the tennis club. I also like my drinks ice cold, so bringing frozen water worked out well for my friend and I. We had ice water ready to drink the entire time. Though the guy at the gate told us that we only should bring 2 bottles next time. LOL

star
07-23-2010, 06:27 PM
coz when i was younger, i used to read a column in newspapers where there were several authors writing on a daily basis, one of them was a woman who wrote a lot about her cats, the cats pee pee on her bed and ignored her even when she was ill, so thats gave me a bad impression about cats:mad:

:eek: :eek: I wouldn't want cats like that either! I had a cat go to the bathroom on the bed ONCE, but he was a kitten and after I reprimanded him and put him in the litter box, he never did it again. I don't let my cats do things I don't like. I train them to respond to my voice and set rules for them.

Several reasons. I get 24 16oz of bottled water at my local supermarket for just under $4. I'd have to spend $1/bottle at the tennis club. I also like my drinks ice cold, so bringing frozen water worked out well for my friend and I. We had ice water ready to drink the entire time. Though the guy at the gate told us that we only should bring 2 bottles next time. LOL

I always take frozen water with me to a tournament too. When it's blazing hot at IW, I use one as an ice pack to cool me down. But, I have ice water through the hottest part of the day. I take 2 liters. That's enough because I refill with water during the day. If it's not so hot I take one liter and refill with water from the water fountains.

Veronique
07-24-2010, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=star;
I always take frozen water with me to a tournament too. When it's blazing hot at IW, I use one as an ice pack to cool me down. But, I have ice water through the hottest part of the day. I take 2 liters. That's enough because I refill with water during the day. If it's not so hot I take one liter and refill with water from the water fountains.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea though I didn't see any free water on the grounds. Everything was for sale. Also using one of the iced bottles of water as an ice pack is a great idea. I was already wet with sweat anyway.

Mimi
07-24-2010, 02:39 AM

I see,you are so wise:D:worship:

Mimi
07-24-2010, 02:40 AM
:eek: :eek: I wouldn't want cats like that either! I had a cat go to the bathroom on the bed ONCE, but he was a kitten and after I reprimanded him and put him in the litter box, he never did it again. I don't let my cats do things I don't like. I train them to respond to my voice and set rules for them.

that writer said her cats always pee pee on her bed, if i were her, i will kick this cat out, but she spoiled them, so she has to take the consequences:p:devil:

you are so wise :D:worship:

Veronique
07-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I must be suffering from Rafa withdrawal. This morning I watched the last sets of both Wimbledon 08 and Aussie Open 09. After lunch I might even watch the semi-final against Verdasco. Thank goodness ESPN2 will have the Atlanta semis live. I'm not into Hamburg. For me, 1x a season is over, we've got to move on. I'm not interested in watching matches on clay until next spring. Of course Davis Cup is a different story.

star
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm missing him too.

Veronique
07-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Ok I'm getting desperate. Last night I watched the Rafa/Roger Miami 2004 3rd round match. A kind soul has all of it uploaded on youtube. We hooked the computer to the tv and watched it on the big screen.

Thank God for Rafa! How tennis would have been boring with Roger winning everything under the sun!

Mimi
07-26-2010, 02:51 AM
veronique and Star :D:wavey:

sorry for the lost of Roddick, it seems that he is in bad form:mad:

Veronique
07-26-2010, 03:59 AM
veronique and Star :D:wavey:

sorry for the lost of Roddick, it seems that he is in bad form:mad:

I've a feeling Andy will be just fine. He was just trying to get some matches under his belt, having not played since the upset at Wimbledon. Now he knows what he needs to work on and should improve on his way to the US Open.

star
07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Andy's nearing the end of his career. Every win is just gravy for me now. I'm not upset when he loses.

Mimi
07-26-2010, 07:27 AM
don't be so pessmistic, my dear Star, Roddick is not that old, no way he is near the end of his career ;)

MariaV
07-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi Mimi and other lovely Rafafans! :wavey:
The Austin tournament looked pretty nice from what I saw (the semis and the final). It was great to see Big John back doing well after the historic Wimbledon match, too bad he lost the final to Mardy but Mardy seems to be in great shape.

Mimi
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
:hug::smooch: sweet Maria

I like Isner more than Fish, he is better looking, bad mimi:nerner::haha:

MariaV
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I like Isner more too, very unfortunate to lose a tournament final on a tie break. :awww: But I'm sure he'll win a tournament on the US hard courts soon.

Mimi
07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Maria, why you love this over 30 degree celcius weather? :confused: I did not know that its so hot in Europe in early July, its over 38 degree celcius when i went to Germany, its horrible, as hot as in HK, i was dreaming of a nice weather :hysteric::explode:

MariaV
07-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Awwww sorry about the heat in Germany Mimi. :hug: :hug:
Usually it is NOT that hot, at least not for that long. :o Last time the heat wave like that was in 2006 I think. :scratch:

born_on_clay
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Am I the only one that can't wait to see Rafa in action again ? :drool:

MariaV
07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Am I the only one that can't wait to see Rafa in action again ? :drool:

Well, tennis is kinda boring without Rafa indeed but he needs some more rest before the gruelling US tournaments. :awww: :hug: And I could use some more break too, he's gonna be back soon enough. ;) You could watch the WC and beach photos :drool: meanwhile.

Veronique
07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, tennis is kinda boring without Rafa indeed but he needs some more rest before the gruelling US tournaments. :awww: :hug: And I could use some more break too, he's gonna be back soon enough. ;) You could watch the WC and beach photos :drool: meanwhile.

Hi MariaV! Exactly! Rafa is playing for history now. I don't want him back a moment too soon. In fact, I'd rather he only plays Toronto, then the US Open. Rafa has given us thrilling matches that can keep us occupied until he's in action again. I've watched the last set of Wimbledon 2008 final, the whole Miami 2004 3rd round match, and the Roma 2006 5th set. I might even revisit the 2005 RG final, though I must admit I enjoy the victories over Federer more.

MariaV
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, Roma 2006 final got me absolutely :crazy:, that was one helluva final! :worship: :bowdown: Not to mention the Wimbledon finals that have always made me extremely nervous. :o

@Sweet Cleopatra
07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii how r u guys?

gymnastics worlds is close, who do u think will win team and AA?

Veronique
07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii how r u guys?

gymnastics worlds is close, who do u think will win team and AA?

Sorry Cleo! I haven't watched gymnastics in several years now.

Theef
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi MariaV! Exactly! Rafa is playing for history now. I don't want him back a moment too soon. In fact, I'd rather he only plays Toronto, then the US Open. Rafa has given us thrilling matches that can keep us occupied until he's in action again. I've watched the last set of Wimbledon 2008 final, the whole Miami 2004 3rd round match, and the Roma 2006 5th set. I might even revisit the 2005 RG final, though I must admit I enjoy the victories over Federer more.

I agree, I think he should skip Cincy too and only play Toronto in the build up to the Open. That might be too little match-play on hardcourt though, so maybe it actually is important he plays Cincy. I think we all want just him to be as fresh and as injury free as possible for USO once it arrives.

I've been rewatching AO '09, an amazing tournament start to finish. Rafa's matches against Gonzalez, Verdasco and of course Federer were particularly memorable. He was on fire in that tournament and was an absolute joy to watch.

Veronique
07-27-2010, 12:03 AM
I agree, I think he should skip Cincy too and only play Toronto in the build up to the Open. That might be too little match-play on hardcourt though, so maybe it actually is important he plays Cincy. I think we all want just him to be as fresh and as injury free as possible for USO once it arrives.

I've been rewatching AO '09, an amazing tournament start to finish. Rafa's matches against Gonzalez, Verdasco and of course Federer were particularly memorable. He was on fire in that tournament and was an absolute joy to watch.

TY! Now I will watch more of Rafa's 09 Aussie Open matches. I'll watch the Gonzo and Verdasco matches in their entirety.

Veronique
07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
In other news, First Lady Michelle Obama, 1st daughter Sasha, and family friends, will be vacationing in Spain next week. They will meet with Juan Carlos and Sofia on the latter's invitation.

Mimi
07-27-2010, 03:54 AM
hi all :D:wavey:

I love gymnastic, but seldom have chance to watch it. I love Kobert, she was brilliant:worship:

MariaV
07-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Hi Mimi and others! :wavey:
Yeah, I haven't watched much gymnastics lately either, sad because I was a gymnast myself and used to follow it quite closely.
So I have no idea, the Chinese are very good, both men and women, I also like the Japanese men. Russia has not been doing too well, they need some new stars.

Theef
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
TY! Now I will watch more of Rafa's 09 Aussie Open matches. I'll watch the Gonzo and Verdasco matches in their entirety.

Yeah the Verdasco match was out of this world. For me, hands down the best match of '09 on the tour. I'm amazed everytime I watch it. :worship:

I love gymnastic, but seldom have chance to watch it. I love Kobert, she was brilliant

I love wataching gymnastics too, it's the only sport I make a point to watch regularly when the Olympics come round. :)

star
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
In other news, First Lady Michelle Obama, 1st daughter Sasha, and family friends, will be vacationing in Spain next week. They will meet with Juan Carlos and Sofia on the latter's invitation.

No Maia?

Sasha is cute and mischievous looking. But, Maia is my favorite. I like all the Obamas though.

Veronique
07-27-2010, 05:57 PM
No Maia?

Sasha is cute and mischievous looking. But, Maia is my favorite. I like all the Obamas though.

Malia is away at summer camp. Yeah, she's to die for.

Mimi
07-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Hi Mimi and others! :wavey:
Yeah, I haven't watched much gymnastics lately either, sad because I was a gymnast myself and used to follow it quite closely.
So I have no idea, the Chinese are very good, both men and women, I also like the Japanese men. Russia has not been doing too well, they need some new stars.

wow, Maria, you are really multi-talented, a language expert and also a gymnast, gymnastic is one of the most beautiful and difficult sports :bowdown::bowdown:

star
07-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Malia is away at summer camp. Yeah, she's to die for.

:lol: And I left the l out of her name! :lol:

FormerRafaFan
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

About Cincy and Toronto.. I'm kinda torn. I want him to get as much play time on HC as possible, the more he plays, the bigger the chances come USO. But, on the other hand, it is a serious strain on his knees, so well, I'm kinda torn. It's a tough decision. I'll support Rafa in whatever he chooses to do though. At least he has been relaxing the last few months, and I couldn't be happier. Firstly, he deserves it, because of all he has accomplished the last few months! And also, it's important to rest his knees too. So I'm glad to see the vacation pics of Rafa enjoying the sun he likes so much :)

Anyways, how are all of you guys? How is the weather where you are? Warm? Cold? It's about 22 degrees here today, partly sunny/clody, we've had some rain too. In other words, typical Norwegian summer! lol ;)

MariaV
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Sokk! :wavey:
I'm back at work after great holidays. :(
OK weather in Norway then, we still have like +27 C at the moment, no thunderstorm where I am but it's been quite hot, unusually hot for the last 3 weeks. It's going to be way cooler starting tomorrow or after tomorrow.

Mimi
07-29-2010, 04:29 AM
hi friends:wavey:

our weather is rainy these days, but i am ok with it coz its less hot, which I hate most:mad::wavey:

MariaV
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi Mimi, I dread all the storms, thunder and heavy rains that they say will come after the heat now and in the autumn.

Mimi
07-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Mimi, I dread all the storms, thunder and heavy rains that they say will come after the heat now and in the autumn.
don't be afraid, sweet Maria, just have to better equipped yourself with bigger umbrella or rain coats :hug::smooch:

may be I am nuts, sometimes I like thunderstorm, especially when I am very safe at home, eating my snacks and watching tv, a very safe feelings:inlove:

born_on_clay
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi all

It's about 25 degrees and quite sunny in Poznań :)

Serenidad
07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Where is Linda?

JolánGagó
07-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Lizz :wavey:

Veronique
07-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi all

It's about 25 degrees and quite sunny in Poznań :)

94 degrees F in Atlanta, GA. I work at home so I don't set foot outside unless I have to. Unfortunately I had to go to the dentist earlier today.:(

star
07-30-2010, 12:02 AM
It's been quite cool here for us. Only 97 or 36 tomorrow. We've been having lots of thunderstorms and have them forecast for the next 10 days. That sort of makes the humidity go up and makes it not as easy to cool our houses. But, right now it's only 84 or 21 so almost chilly for us. :lol:

I was in the town south of us that is at 7,000 feet yesterday and it felt like autumn.

DualMedia
07-30-2010, 12:08 AM
it is thunderstorming here! :(

im kay! I am going to chat in this thread! the other chat thread is too much!

Mimi
07-30-2010, 03:28 AM

:hug::smooch: Kay, thunderstorm is good when you are inside your house:p

and crazy mimi even swims under thunderstorm in outside pool :p

Veronique
07-30-2010, 06:25 AM

Hi Kay! Welcome!

Veronique
07-30-2010, 06:28 AM
:hug::smooch: Kay, thunderstorm is good when you are inside your house:p

and crazy mimi even swims under thunderstorm in outside pool :p

I used to play in the rain as a kid. Swimming under thunderstorm sounds dangerous, Mimi.

Mimi
07-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I used to play in the rain as a kid. Swimming under thunderstorm sounds dangerous, Mimi.

but I like it, coz public swimming pool is very crowded in this small city of Hong Kong. But if there is a thunderstorm, not much people on the pool and i can swim freely, but gosh, i just swam twice this year. I used to swim in the public swimming pool which was used by all the tenants of the building my brother was living, it was free entrace. But ever since he moved to another apartment, i have to use public swimming pool so i didn't swim much since then :mad:

MariaV
07-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi Kay! :wavey:

Mimi, yes swimming under thunderstorm is dangerous they say so be careful! :scared: I swim in a spa in a closed building.

Mimi
07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi Kay! :wavey:

Mimi, yes swimming under thunderstorm is dangerous they say so be careful! :scared: I swim in a spa in a closed building.
bomb, mimi being bombed into pieces by storm :explode::rolls:

p.s.i really enjoy swimming in a swimming pool where there is only myself, this is my dream

MariaV
07-30-2010, 10:24 AM
bomb, mimi being bombed into pieces by storm :explode::rolls:

LOL Mimi we really wouldn't want that. :awww:

Veronique
07-30-2010, 07:21 PM
but I like it, coz public swimming pool is very crowded in this small city of Hong Kong. But if there is a thunderstorm, not much people on the pool and i can swim freely, but gosh, i just swam twice this year. I used to swim in the public swimming pool which was used by all the tenants of the building my brother was living, it was free entrace. But ever since he moved to another apartment, i have to use public swimming pool so i didn't swim much since then :mad:

You should come to GA. My neighborhood swimming pool is a few feet from my house and I've only been there 2x all summer. We went to the Atlantic Ocean during Spring break and probably won't go again until next April. We might go to the lake next week though. I work at home so I rarely set foot outside.

DualMedia
07-31-2010, 01:56 AM
I used to play out in the rain when I was little and :devil: but now I stay inside!

how's everybody today?

FormerRafaFan
07-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi guys!

Hope y'all are enjoying the weekend. I sure am :)

The weather here has been crap for the last few days. Rainy and around 20 degrees C. We've had a sucky summer so far. A few nice days, but not a lot, oh well..

DualMedia
08-01-2010, 04:36 AM
how;s everybody?

Veronique
08-01-2010, 05:42 AM
OMG! This is too funny. A poster by the user name P. Antonius gave me a bad rep b/c of this post.

Of course the wins that give me the most pleasure are the ones Rafa got over the best player of his generation. Is there something wrong with that? I don't think I've ever bad repped anyone. What a waste of time!

This is what he(she) wrote:

Do you need to bash Fed in everyone of your posts?!?!

Most of my posts here are about Rafa or myself. Federer is a little footnote in some of them. Get a life, Buddy! Roger has 16 GS for crying out loud. I celebrate every record my Rafa has been able to prevent him from getting. Rafa will go down in history as the lone player who convincingly whopped his butt day in and day what when Roger was at his GOAT best. Deal with it! Now be a little good boy (girl) and run along to give me another bad rep and see if I care.

JolánGagó
08-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Don't worry Veronique, he's a bitter and incoherent but extremely dedicated Federinass licker. No one pays much attention to his little fangirly outbursts though, nowadays he's basically entertainment.

FormerRafaFan
08-01-2010, 12:09 PM
OMG! This is too funny. A poster by the user name P. Antonius gave me a bad rep b/c of this post.

Of course the wins that give me the most pleasure are the ones Rafa got over the best player of his generation. Is there something wrong with that? I don't think I've ever bad repped anyone. What a waste of time!

Most of my posts here are about Rafa or myself. Federer is a little footnote in some of them. Get a life, Buddy! Roger has 16 GS for crying out loud. I celebrate every record my Rafa has been able to prevent him from getting. Rafa will go down in history as the lone player who convincingly whopped his butt day in and day what when Roger was at his GOAT best. Deal with it! Now be a little good boy (girl) and run along to give me another bad rep and see if I care.

No need to bad rep that post imo. You only said what you felt, which I completely understand. He HAS played some awesome matches, and aren't we allowed to celebrate the victories of our favorite player? I don't get it.. They complain whenever someone praise Nadal, but everything is fine as long as people bash him and complement Fed instead. There's some sad people on this board. The rule is you HAVE to be a Fed lover and bash Nadal, otherwise you are not welcome.

I personally cannot stand this guy, which is why I used the ignore function on him. He's an idiot. You shouldn't care too much about what he says. If you want you could write the excact same thing in your post. You could write "is there a need to bash Nadal in every one of your posts?" and bad rep him. That would have been fun. On the other hand, there's no reason to sink to his level. The best thing is to put him on ignore. My greatest pleasure is just Nadal winning, I don't care about the haters. Scratch that, I do care, I love to see the regular Nadal bashers gone for days on end every time he wins. The most regular haters have nothing to say as long as he wins, so they won't post anything. All they care about is bashing him when he loses. Sad, pathetic people in my eyes. Actually, the Fed lovers are not the worst, MOST of them are sivil. The Soderling people are the worst people on this forum, hands down. I cannot stand them, and yes, I admit, some of them ARE on my ignore list. They brag about Soderling, and say he can win over Nadal any day of the week, which is hilarious. Nadal has won over him in EVERY major tourney this year. Plus, how many slams does nadal has? And what about Soderling? EXACTLY. And what do they have to say to that? Nothing, since they are nowhere to be found if Nadal wins over their precious Soderling. haha. Very pathetic if you ask me.

I think both Federer and Soderling are both wonderful players, with a lot ot talent. BUT I do not cheer for them because I do not care for their personalities. I think they are both too arrogant and smug, with huge egos. Do I bash them because of that? NO. I actually praise them whenever they win. I try to seperate the player from the personality, if you know what I mean. Sure, sometimes I critize them if they say something stupid. But I always praise them in the match threads whenever they win. I wish Fed/Sod lovers would do the same.

Sorry about my rant, it's just that some of the people on this board are annoying as hell, and I just cannot stand some of them.

Veronique
08-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Don't worry Veronique, he's a bitter and incoherent but extremely dedicated Federinass licker. No one pays much attention to his little fangirly outbursts though, nowadays he's basically entertainment.

I'm not worried, Gago. Just surprised that some one read bashing in that post.

Veronique
08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi Sokk! I don't waste my time bad repping anyone, it's such a futile exercise. All it does is telling the person you're bad repping that you care about their posts. It doesn't affect your account in any way. If anything, I should start good repping posters. I don't rep 1 way or another but from today on, I'm going to start good repping good posts.

So far I only have 1 poster on my ignore list. His (her) user pic combined with venomous posts where Rafa is concerned forced me to do that. I got tired of skipping his (her) posts b/c they are numerous in any thread about Rafa.

Veronique
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

NCvovPikPeY

FormerRafaFan
08-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Sokk! I don't waste my time bad repping anyone, it's such a futile exercise. All it does is telling the person you're bad repping that you care about their posts. It doesn't affect your account in any way. If anything, I should start good repping posters. I don't rep 1 way or another but from today on, I'm going to start good repping good posts.

That's probably a good idea. Don't sink to their level. I have never bad repped anyone myself, only good repped a few of Flyboy's posts. I love her (him?). Flyboy has always sane posts and uses logic whenever Flyboy speaks about Nadal. Of course the haters hate Flyboy because of that, sigh.. You can never get rid of the haters I guess, just try and ignore them.

So far I only have 1 poster on my ignore list. His (her) user pic combined with venomous posts where Rafa is concerned forced me to do that. I got tired of skipping his (her) posts b/c they are numerous in any thread about Rafa.

I tried to only make a few posters on my ignore list too. However, there are many posters on this board who just puke venom in EVERY single post they make. And mostly about Nadal. Fine, they don't like him, but do they need to bash him in EVERY single thread? I mean, come on.. At least give the guy credit when he wins, and especially a slam! Or better yet, why use so much time on their hate? Why not IGNORE the threads about him if they hate him so much? If they actually post in the thread, all they prove is that they care, one way or another. Even though thay are bashing him.. They are all idiots imo.

I don't mind people hating Nadal. They can hate him as much as they want. I do however have a problem with people making personal attacks on me. I also don't like people bashing Nadal in EVERY thread they make. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I am tired of it. So I put the worst ones on ignore, and I am glad I did. I can just ignore whatever they post now, without even reading the moronic crap they write. And that's a good thing.

Thanks for the new clip btw! I love me some Rafa :D

star
08-01-2010, 08:03 PM

:lol: you might remember him as JM Power baack when you were posting more frequently. Pretty funny. :lol:

Veronique
08-01-2010, 08:29 PM
That's probably a good idea. Don't sink to their level. I have never bad repped anyone myself, only good repped a few of Flyboy's posts. I love her (him?). Flyboy has always sane posts and uses logic whenever Flyboy speaks about Nadal. Of course the haters hate Flyboy because of that, sigh.. You can never get rid of the haters I guess, just try and ignore them.

I tried to only make a few posters on my ignore list too. However, there are many posters on this board who just puke venom in EVERY single post they make. And mostly about Nadal. Fine, they don't like him, but do they need to bash him in EVERY single thread? I mean, come on.. At least give the guy credit when he wins, and especially a slam! Or better yet, why use so much time on their hate? Why not IGNORE the threads about him if they hate him so much? If they actually post in the thread, all they prove is that they care, one way or another. Even though thay are bashing him.. They are all idiots imo.

I don't mind people hating Nadal. They can hate him as much as they want. I do however have a problem with people making personal attacks on me. I also don't like people bashing Nadal in EVERY thread they make. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I am tired of it. So I put the worst ones on ignore, and I am glad I did. I can just ignore whatever they post now, without even reading the moronic crap they write. And that's a good thing.

Thanks for the new clip btw! I love me some Rafa :D

I had a friendly exchange with a Djokovic fan who dislikes Rafa b/c of his antics on the court, in example fake medical time outs. When I probed further, I found out he's pretty young and hasn't been following tennis for that long. He didn't know that his beloved Djokovic got introduced to the tennis world by calling a very suspicious medical time-out during his 5 setter against Monfils at the USO only a few years ago.

It would be interesting for some one to compile a list of medical time outs Rafa has called in his career. I bet it will not be more than a handful.

FormerRafaFan
08-02-2010, 05:55 AM
I had a friendly exchange with a Djokovic fan who dislikes Rafa b/c of his antics on the court, in example fake medical time outs. When I probed further, I found out he's pretty young and hasn't been following tennis for that long. He didn't know that his beloved Djokovic got introduced to the tennis world by calling a very suspicious medical time-out during his 5 setter against Monfils at the USO only a few years ago.

It would be interesting for some one to compile a list of medical time outs Rafa has called in his career. I bet it will not be more than a handful.

Exactly. And I'm not saying that I can prove that every time Rafa took a medical time out it was legit. I just don't know. However, he do have problems with his knees. I think he's one of those guys who thinks "better safe than sorry", and asks for a time out if he feels something, just to PREVENT it from getting worse. That's how it is when you have a cronical condition.

I feel that people are too fast to judge, when they do not know about Rafa's knees. Nobody can know how they feel except Rafa himself.

MariaV
08-02-2010, 08:26 AM
I mean of course Rafa himself knows best, and I guess he has learned his lesson, he didn't want to retire at Wimbledon, always better be safe than sorry, it's good that he's more careful now.

Oh and that P.Antonius dude you can just put on ignore if you want. I had him on ignore for a while, it was my first ever experience and I liked it, even his badreps disappeared then. :D The only bad thing with the ignore function is that if someone is quoting the poster you have on ignore you see the quote. But that's just a minor flaw. ;)

Veronique
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
:lol: you might remember him as JM Power baack when you were posting more frequently. Pretty funny. :lol:

Vaguely. Was he Mirkaland too?

MariaV
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Still doesn't ring a bell. Was he Mirkaland too?

No no, Mirkaland is female and American, she's Mellow Yellow now.

Veronique
08-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I mean of course Rafa himself knows best, and I guess he has learned his lesson, he didn't want to retire at Wimbledon, always better be safe than sorry, it's good that he's more careful now.

Oh and that P.Antonius dude you can just put on ignore if you want. I had him on ignore for a while, it was my first ever experience and I liked it, even his badreps disappeared then. :D The only bad thing with the ignore function is that if someone is quoting the poster you have on ignore you see the quote. But that's just a minor flaw. ;)

Oh he doesn't bother me at all. I actually found his bad rep hilarious b/c I really didn't bash Roger in that post. I don't spend my time bashing Roger in every single post. That was a fedtard fangirl over-reaction and it was simply hilarious.

Veronique
08-02-2010, 09:10 AM
No no, Mirkaland is female and American, she's Mellow Yellow now.

Ah! Now that's a poster I remember vividly.

Veronique
08-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Were are you located, Maria? I'm in GA (USA). I work at home so my schedule is very flexible. I find I'm very productive when the house is quiet and everyone in bed.

MariaV
08-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Were are you located, Maria? I'm in GA (USA). I work at home so my schedule is very flexible. I find I'm very productive when the house is quiet and everyone in bed.

Oh good for you, you must have strong self-discipline then! :yeah: I also find it the best to work when everything around is quite but I'm afraid I would never get my work done at home, too many things distracting all the time. :o :tape:
I'm in Estonia, it's in the nothern part of Europe, south of Finland.

Veronique
08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh good for you, you must have strong self-discipline then! :yeah: I also find it the best to work when everything around is quite but I'm afraid I would never get my work done at home, too many things distracting all the time. :o :tape:
I'm in Estonia, it's in the nothern part of Europe, south of Finland.

I don't know about self-discipline but I appreciate the flexibility, no traffic, no dressing up. I work in my pjs. LOL

Isn't Estonia linked to Skype in some ways?

Veronique
08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Time to go back to bed. Hopefully I can wake up on time for morning mass (I'm an hopeless Catholic):help: Next I'll hit the gym, come home and work some more, then take my kid to the dentist. He's getting braces today.

MariaV
08-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Yep, Estonia is linked to Skype.
Have some good sleep Veronique! :wavey:

Mimi
08-03-2010, 04:20 AM
:yippee::bigwave:

i can't do gym now, i had been doing it for 5 years. May be i should have get a coach as i got a spur under my feet after doing the running machine, hurt like hell:scared:

MariaV
08-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Mimi! :wavey: :hug: Careful with your feet! :hug:
If you can afford a coach then why not try, if you want to.

Mimi
08-03-2010, 09:11 AM
:scared:Mimi! :wavey: :hug: Careful with your feet! :hug:
If you can afford a coach then why not try, if you want to.

the spur stuff was happened in 2001, despite doing numerous treatment, it didn't help much, it was healed after 6 months and then it re-occurred again at the end of 2007, again, took 6 months for it to heal naturally:scared: will never do gym again:bolt:

MariaV
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh, now I understand, you don't want to start doing the gym again, and yes you better be careful with your feet then.

Veronique
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
:scared:

the spur stuff was happened in 2001, despite doing numerous treatment, it didn't help much, it was healed after 6 months and then it re-occurred again at the end of 2007, again, took 6 months for it to heal naturally:scared: will never do gym again:bolt:

You could do the recumbent bicycle or elliptical trainer. Those don't put pressure on the bottom of your feet the way a treadmill does.

On 09/11/2001 I felt a twinge in my right foot while running on the treadmill. I ignored it and run another 30 min but when I stopped, I could not walk. Fortunately I was exercising at home and had to literally crawl to my bed. To make matters worse, the emergency room doctor didn't catch the stress fracture I suffered so proper treatment was not administered. By the time I saw a podiatrist who gave me the proper diagnostic, it was too late since the bone had already started healing. As a result I have a lazy right foot. You really can't tell when I walk but I feel it when I jog or run. I didn't do either for almost 9 years. I'm back running again now but I always feel the discomfort in my right foot. I have to check and see if this can be corrected with surgery but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Veronique
08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Mimi, I also wonder if you need proper shoes. A funny thing happened to me during this summer. I put my New Balance sneakers out to dry but then it rained. So I found myself with no shoes to wear the next morning. I borrowed my 11 yr old son's Fila tennis shoes and they turned out to be the kind of shoes I've been looking for all my life. He's not getting them back! I'll get him a new pair.

Mimi
08-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Veronique:hug:

oh take great care of your foot, if you feel uncomfortable, stop running for a while.

regarding surgery, is it safe? if not, then better leave it in my opinion.

i guess swimming is a better exercise, I also want to do it but jogging is more convenient as the public swimming pool is far away from my house and is crowded.

I guess the reason why i have spur was because i set the running machine to the most "sloppy" angle (sorry for my bad English, i mean setting it like climbing a hill?) thinking it would help me reducing the maximum of weight. Yes I know i can do bicyle etc, but i don't want to join a gym club any more, i have to pay an annual fee, but i do it for free for jogging in a park:p

Mimi
08-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Mimi, I also wonder if you need proper shoes. A funny thing happened to me during this summer. I put my New Balance sneakers out to dry but then it rained. So I found myself with no shoes to wear the next morning. I borrowed my 11 yr old son's Fila tennis shoes and they turned out to be the kind of shoes I've been looking for all my life. He's not getting them back! I'll get him a new pair.
I always wear Nike, Fila is good? May be i gonna buy one when my present one wears out:p

Veronique
08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I always wear Nike, Fila is good? May be i gonna buy one when my present one wears out:p

Nike has not been good for my feet, Mimi. I have been using New Balance but Fila feels great and light. I'm going to give it a chance.

DualMedia
08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I use nike or k swiss!

ImmzB
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Vamos Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mimi
08-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Nike has not been good for my feet, Mimi. I have been using New Balance but Fila feels great and light. I'm going to give it a chance.

Nike is more expensive than Fila and Adadis i guess? but the quality is not that good, it is said the "Air" series do your foot good, but i don't feel much, also the shoes can get very stinky, or may be its my own fault, my foot stinks? :o:p

Mimi
08-05-2010, 02:42 AM
I use nike or k swiss!

hi Kay:D

suddenly i remember i bought a pair of K swiss sneckers when it was on sale, but the materials seem less soft than Nike? and i have not tried it yet:wavey:

DualMedia
08-05-2010, 02:50 AM
hi Kay:D

suddenly i remember i bought a pair of K swiss sneckers when it was on sale, but the materials seem less soft than Nike? and i have not tried it yet:wavey:

k-swiss are comfortable for normal activity! nike is for athetics!

@Sweet Cleopatra
08-05-2010, 02:51 AM
hey, any one have free vogue magazine?

Mimi
08-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Vamos Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello ImmzB:wavey:

Mimi
08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
k-swiss are comfortable for normal activity! nike is for athetics!

I see, the design of K Swiss is better, more colourful, Nike less good looking :wavey:

Mimi
08-05-2010, 03:08 AM
hey, any one have free vogue magazine?
hello Sweet:wavey:

no sorry i have no free vogue magazine:wavey:

@Sweet Cleopatra
08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
hello Sweet:wavey:

no sorry i have no free vogue magazine:wavey:

hey mimi :hug:

DualMedia
08-05-2010, 06:47 AM
I see, the design of K Swiss is better, more colourful, Nike less good looking :wavey:

k-swiss is more... relaxing than Nike!

MariaV
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I as a true Safinette have used adidas running shoes for a loooooooong time and I absolutely loooooooooove them. :worship: :bowdown: I didn't like the Nike ones I had so haven't bought them again. :o

Veronique
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I have flat feet and I love to run. I couldn't find a single pair of Nike that didn't hurt my feet. I always had blisters. Fila gives me a light and perfect fit. I just love it.

FormerRafaFan
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone. How are you guys?

I just got home from work.. OMG, crazy rain today! It was just POURING down. Just awful.

born_on_clay
08-05-2010, 04:00 PM

is it true, Rafa will play with Nole in Toronto doubles ?

Mimi
08-06-2010, 02:36 AM
:bigwave::yippee: hi all

Friday, but still have to work half day tomorrow:ras:

we had heavy rains yesterday night too, but i like it coz it makes its cooler :music:

MariaV
08-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi Mimi, it's good then. We are promised around +35 C for Saturday and Sunday, next week it should be cooler.

Veronique
08-06-2010, 10:13 AM

is it true, Rafa will play with Nole in Toronto doubles ?

There was an article in Spanish media that claims so but I don't know how accurate that is. We'll find out very soon, won't we?

Veronique
08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
No rain here, just 100 degrees F heat. I don't set foot outside.

Mimi
08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
:bigwave::yippee: Maria and Veronique

I love Summer when I was young coz we had 2 to 3 months of Summer holidays, I was full of energy and could stand the heat. Now I am no longer young and cannot stand the heat. God did not think carefully before creating us, we should only get old at 70 and not as early as 30 or 40. I wanted my youth back, pff, who want to get an old face and body? :bigcry::banghead:

MariaV
08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah Mimi, I want my youth back too... at least sometimes. :( :lol:

star
08-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Nole and Rafa in doubles. :bounce:

Happy Birthday in this thread too, Maria. :aparty: :bdaycake: :drink: :cool: :kiss: :kiss:

I don't mind getting old, only if there were no aches and pains. :lol:

Mimi
08-07-2010, 04:02 AM
:hug::smooch: my dearest star

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, I was terrified with getting an old face, as early as when I was just 12, I don't like to walk with a wheelchair or stick so I wish god would take me away before 50, so that i wouldn't get an old face:ras::nerner::help:

today is Maria's birthday? I wish you many happy returns and always stay happy and look young :hearts::hug::smooch::inlove::bdaycake::aparty:

star
08-07-2010, 04:11 AM

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, I was terrified with getting an old face, as early as when I was just 12, I don't like to walk with a wheelchair or stick so I wish god would take me away before 50, so that i wouldn't get an old face:ras::nerner::help:

today is Maria's birthday? I wish you many happy returns and always stay happy and look young :hearts::hug::smooch::inlove::bdaycake::aparty:

I grew up around some old people that I adored. I never had a horror of growing old. I'm finally getting some grey hairs, and I feel like I've waited a long time for them. I don't want to color them. :)

I think middle age is fine, but with old age there are some things to fear. But, I try not to worry about it.

Veronique
08-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Happy birthday, Maria!:aparty:

Veronique
08-07-2010, 04:25 AM

I don't feel any different than I did 10 years ago even though my body has changed. I'm always young at heart.

Mimi
08-08-2010, 04:07 AM
hello Star and Veronique:D:wavey:

my best friend is like me, we fear getting old and sick body like hell:o. i guess we both have bad influence on each other. i need to learn more from you two:worship:.

Star, its good that you only have grey hairs, grey hairs do not look bad like white hairs, i have some ever since i was still in my 20's:mad:

well, my heart? soemtimes I feel like I am as old as 60, but sometimes I am as childish as 14:confused::p

Veronique
08-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I've noticed a couple of strings of gray hair too. I don't care though.

Mimi
08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I've noticed a couple of strings of gray hair too. I don't care though.

having an old and ailing body is even more worst than having an old face, I don't want sitting helplessly and need someone to help me with basic needs as going to toilet/bathing. I prefer to die than losing my pride:mad:

MariaV
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the b-day wishes Veronique! :hug:

having an old and ailing body is even more worst than having an old face, I don't want sitting helplessly and need someone to help me with basic needs as going to toilet/bathing. I prefer to die than losing my pride:mad:

I'm like you Mimi. :o :o

FormerRafaFan
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Hi guys. How are you? Hope y'all are doing ok!

I just got back from work.. Not many days left now until summer is over and my summer job is over too. Then it's back to studying again, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to it!

Also, today was hell.. Work was ok enough, but this heat is just ugh.. It's cloudy but still 28 degrees C and with 60 % humidty. VERY unusual here, and the air was pretty stuffy. Try working OUTSIDE a whole day under those conditions.. :help: The sweat was dripping off me, disgusting. I'm kinda allergic to heat waves, lol.

ImmzB
08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
hello ImmzB:wavey:

Hello Mimi :wavey:

Mimi
08-10-2010, 03:43 AM

I just got back from work.. Not many days left now until summer is over and my summer job is over too. Then it's back to studying again, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to it!

Also, today was hell.. Work was ok enough, but this heat is just ugh.. It's cloudy but still 28 degrees C and with 60 % humidty. VERY unusual here, and the air was pretty stuffy. Try working OUTSIDE a whole day under those conditions.. :help: The sweat was dripping off me, disgusting. I'm kinda allergic to heat waves, lol.:hug::smooch: sorry for the heat, but you are going to study again, for me, studying is always better than working, coz no one is going to scold you, you are as free as a bird:nerner:

Mimi
08-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Hello Mimi :wavey:

how is life in London? :D:wavey:

MariaV
08-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Also, today was hell.. Work was ok enough, but this heat is just ugh.. It's cloudy but still 28 degrees C and with 60 % humidty. VERY unusual here, and the air was pretty stuffy. Try working OUTSIDE a whole day under those conditions.. :help: The sweat was dripping off me, disgusting. I'm kinda allergic to heat waves, lol.

:wavey: What are you studying?

I have a very delicate skin and it doesn't like extreme heat or frost. :o
We had some horrible thunderstorm on Sunday but I think it was worse in Finland. It's all so scary though. They predict this weekend more thunderstorms. :o At least no heat over +30C.

Mimi
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
thunderstorm is better than heat:p

Veronique
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM

That sounds atrocious, Sokk. I'm glad you're going back to school soon. I don't go outside unless I have to.

Veronique
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the b-day wishes Veronique! :hug:

I'm like you Mimi. :o :o

You girls better start building up the inside and let nature take care of the outside.:smooch:

Mimi
08-11-2010, 05:13 AM
You girls better start building up the inside and let nature take care of the outside.:smooch:

outside? not easy, too much pressure at work and I need the job to support my old parents:wavey: I try my best by doing some exercises and eat healthy (not actually as I used to eat many trash food as potato chips etc :o)

MariaV
08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I admit I exercise less than I used to but I've never eaten potato chips or other junk food really, not even the French fries any more. Too much fat for me and doesn't taste good. It seems like I'm eating less too but the weight is still almost the same. :lol: