Nadal's brutal topspin forehand from the back [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal's brutal topspin forehand from the back

M4RC
07-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I've found a video that shows perfectly how Nadal's topspin forehand affects the curve, angle and bounce of the ball filmed in 720p HD from the back. Put it in 720p to watch it clearly.

KB6EY7FxgUg&feature=channel

It was filmed in a practice session in Indian Wells (hard court). It shows how the ball curves through the air (just imagine how a banana show must curve watching it in this spectacular perspective. The banana passing shot against Birdie in the Wimbly final was insane, now I realize how curved it had to be. Unbelievable) and then bounces and the spin produces new angles. He also can modify the height of the ball when it bounces.

Imagine this kind of shot in every single point, with a minimal rate of UEs, during 5-sets and knowking this monster is a mental giant always focused. Imagine this on a clay court if he can produce this effect on hard :eek:

I've posted it because it reflects really well how Nadal's game works. He does not moonball, he simply hits the ball with an unprecedented topspin. To hit back a ball from Nadal has to be like hitting a friggin rock, too much weight in the ball to handle.

Credit to the user that filmed and uploaded it.

PS. After peaking in 2008, Nadal uses is hard flat crosscourt BH to put pressure on his opponent, forcing him to hit a soft high ball to continue dictating the play with his FH.

M4RC
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Here we have Fed:

DPOaOiHbyTc&feature=channel

We notice he couldn't care less about training :o. Also, he makes more UEs because he hits the ball quite flatter and with much less gap over the net.

Bamos LazyFed, throw some energy in there :rolleyes:

A_Skywalker
07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Federer really seems not to care about training :lol:
Even I could beat him in this mode :D

lazybear
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice videos. Fed is not a gym rat, yeah. :D That's one of the reasons why i am optimistic about his future, because he obviously has some stored energy, lol. It would be great if he'd pull an Agassi (not talking about roids). I'd love to try to hit back a Nadal top spin, i think i couldn't even hit the net though. I'm a good athlete, but i can't really play tennis.

Once i read a story here at MTF. One of the amateur players here played with a guy (also amateur) with a great top spin, and got beaten 6-0, 6-0, couldn't handle the spin at all. Imagine what Nadal's topsin would do to an amateur player. I guess there wouldn' be many rallies.

brent-o
07-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Interesting videos. Thanks for sharing!

brag32
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Even I could beat him in this mode :D

Really? And who else 'could' you beat? Yeah, I bet you could beat Roddick,Monfils and Djokovic in straight sets if you just watched how they train..:rolleyes:

GeoMaster
11-18-2010, 08:14 AM
I can absolutely beat all the top guys in the world, when they play their best, I just don't want to :)